IGNORED

Lori Alexander 42: Biblically A Bitch, Now Dressed Up In White Privilege

laPapessaGiovanna

2 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

What kind of self absorbed s.o.b. wants women to beg him to stay....well, anywhere?  He pulled that on both forums, "I'm leaving, unless ya'll want me to stick around" *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Every time he says something like that I just want to say 'Fine by me.  Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.' 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep forgetting to mention:  since I first saw this thread's title I've been reading it as:  Miss Lori Alexander 42: BASICALLY A Bitch, etc.... :my_biggrin: :laughing-rollingyellow:

16 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Also:  WTF is "salt and light"?  I've never heard that term and really really don't get the salt part....????

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A13-16&version=NIV

It is genrally used to mean "spread the love of Christ everywhere you go."  Salt permeates a dish and, once mixed in, cannot be taken out or separated from the othr ingredients. Light fills a room and, ideally, brightens even the darkest corners. 

At least this is how it was taught to me in my evil Christian college Bible classes. 

I’ve noticed that he keeps going back to 2.0. Wonder if Lori is upset by the attention there. She’s doubling down on the patriarchy and feminism today. I’ve also noticed Gordon White over there liking Ken’s comments. Guess they needed reinforcement. 

I love (sarcasm) how she’s asked her chat room leghumpers how they have been impacted by the patriarchy. I mean- it’s her own personal echo chamber. if she really wanted to understand, she would need a soft, teachable heart, along with empathy and compassion. And she would have to listen for the sake of listening. 

Re salt and light- salt references that believers have value and preserve the word. Light references that we should be light to a dark world and that are good works are done to give Him glory. Very rudimentary explanation but that’s how I understand it. 

7 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A13-16&version=NIV

It is genrally used to mean "spread the love of Christ everywhere you go."  Salt permeates a dish and, once mixed in, cannot be taken out or separated from the othr ingredients. Light fills a room and, ideally, brightens even the darkest corners. 

At least this is how it was taught to me in my evil Christian college Bible classes. 

Thank you!  I can definitely see the association. 

Now quick, run into the kitchen and joyfully wash some dishes to dust off that book learnin'!  Please forgive me for dragging up your ebil educated past!

Thanks @Frog99!!

Salt of the earth and light of the world both come from Jesus himself in the sermon on the mount.

Salt has preservative value; it was one of the ways in Bible times to preserve food so it wouldn’t spoil. Thus, salt is a tool to use against corruption. Salt also is important in flavoring. Food without salt can be dull, tasteless.

Jesus told the listeners that they were the light of the world, and that they shouldn’t hide their light under a bushel. For example, think about the potential for light flushing out evil deeds hidden in shadows (kind of like the child molesters being outed in various places lately, shining light on their dark deeds). 

Some link salt and light only to spreading the gospel message, but it seems to me to have a much wider application in terms of how to live with integrity and courage and compassion.

Just my .02, and as I’m only human, I won’t claim to be thinking god’s thoughts.

15 minutes ago, refugee said:

Some link salt and light only to spreading the gospel message, but it seems to me to have a much wider application in terms of how to live with integrity and courage and compassion.

I agree with this wider interpretation. Say less, do more! 

20 minutes ago, refugee said:

Just my .02, and as I’m only human, I won’t claim to be thinking god’s thoughts.

^^More respect than a lot of Christians. Esp fundies. They all claim to know exactly what God wants (which is exactly what they want)

Just haaaaaddd to jump down a rabbit hole.  Ugh.  I copied and posted the IG pic of the run down house and grabbed one from the Always Learning blog with the Homecoming photo.  He claims the photo of the house is most likely from a website that she pays to use the stock photographs.  I could have sworn she'd posted that she took the photo on their walk while they were vacationing......

Just be careful about calling yourself "salty":

“Salty” is a slang term meaning “upset” or “bitter” typically used as an insult in player-vs.-player (PvP) games to suggest that the opponent feels mad or frustrated due to pwnage.

Examples:

"Lori Alexander is just so salty about the fact that some women work and still have great marriages."

"Those fundies are extra salty over the fact that the country is moving towards acceptance of others instead of legislating a cherry-picked Leviticus."

And, of course, my favorite image:

2018-04-03_9-32-02.jpg.1e2e8b2c4f7f9a52edf36cefde3e66e8.jpg

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I'm an atheist. Does that make me pepper and darkness?

48 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Just haaaaaddd to jump down a rabbit hole.  Ugh.  I copied and posted the IG pic of the run down house and grabbed one from the Always Learning blog with the Homecoming photo.  He claims the photo of the house is most likely from a website that she pays to use the stock photographs.  I could have sworn she'd posted that she took the photo on their walk while they were vacationing......

Yes, it was probably mentioned on facebook when she posted the image. Hard to go back and find those. 

Fundies are always complaining of "lazy" women on welfare, popping out babies while we fund it. 

But, after reading today's post, I honestly believe most of those women want to live like those "lazy welfare women." Stay home, don't work a real job, pop out eleventy kids, set their own schedules, etc etc. all while someone else is working their ass off paying for it all. 

Lol noooooo that is not a stock photo 

IMG_3452.PNG

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Can anyone quickly find where Lori asked her fans to leave positive reviews of book even if they haven't read it?

It was in the private group. No screenshot. But someone here I think was there and copied the quote. 

LMAO feminism causes low sperm count? 

IMG_3450.PNG

That's the one @EowynW!  I looked all over Facebook for it but she either took it down or it was never posted there.  In the FJ forum there is a copy of one of the deleted comments but not anything saying how she acquired the picture.  

The exchange for anyone who's interested...he can be so reasonable and yet so blind.  It just floors me.  

Spoiler

5ac3c4749ea11_KAchat1.thumb.jpg.e6599b842295390c6a685492513de694.jpg

Spoiler

5ac3c48da38fe_KAchat2.thumb.jpg.f851897e8bd72d7a1cea03fa445b9f1a.jpg

Spoiler

5ac3c4b219474_KAchat3.thumb.png.2080ebddce1aa57d6b4bd1f6a6e77708.png

Spoiler

5ac3c4cf7f2aa_KAchat4.thumb.png.b7b4b92e3b00dfdde2d967f127b83732.png

Spoiler

5ac3c4ec79ff3_KAchat5.thumb.png.a36c17a221b5de4fb265df83508e16dd.png

ETA:  I didn't realize the spoilers stacked inside the second one, it's 5 screenshots. 

32 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I'm an atheist. Does that make me pepper and darkness?

Nope! 

I would, however, describe Lori as "pepper and darkness."  

Also; pretty please, may I use that line in real life? I love it! 

39 minutes ago, EowynW said:

It was in the private group. No screenshot. But someone here I think was there and copied the quote. 

LMAO feminism causes low sperm count? 

IMG_3450.PNG

Umm, who is counting boys sperm??? How old are we talking here??? I don't even see a need for an18 year old to need a sperm count. Seems to me, no male would need to have his sperm counted unless he was of age and there seemed to be trouble when trying to conceive (which I would think would be near mid twenties at the earliest).

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

Most of those chat room women smugly talking about 'suffering' under patriarchy, are actually saying they're just lazy. And they make their husbands sound like father substitutes. :pb_confused:

There fathers may be father substitutes. They are handed off from their fathers protection to their husbands. 

4 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

and the kids, I am sure they would want their dad to play catch with them, or ride a bike around the block or go for a hike in the woods or go to their sporting events or music concerts (if the kids are allowed to have extra curricular activities)

I wonder how many of these men are glad to be away for 60+ hours. That is sad too because if they don't like the situation they should work on correcting the problem! After all they subscribe to the man is the headship.

These people make me so mad!

I loved spending time with my dad. He worked a lot so I didn’t get to spend as much time as I would have liked. If my dad worked about 70 hours a week I don’t know what I would have done. 

9 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

before they get deleted

if you want to see the video in the screenshots -

I'm with those who said the comments from the women today show nothing but laziness.  I would feel awful if my husband worked 60 hour+ a week while I stayed home. 

I know daycare costs sometimes make it impractical to work if you have several preschoolers, but I would never boast about how I get to be home while he works so much. 

I felt bad this past weekend because my husband had to work 12 hour shifts at our Church's homeless shelter because one of the employees just walked out and quit. This was on top of his pastoring duties and on his only 2 days off last week. I offered to help too, but he didn't want me there with some of the men who might give me a hard time.

I felt bad for him, so I made sure I did the grocery shopping and fixed him meals he could take. Then I did the errands he had planned to do himself.  Then I took care of a few other things I was going to do anyway.  Umm, nap? No.  

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived