IGNORED

Lori Alexander 42: Biblically A Bitch, Now Dressed Up In White Privilege

laPapessaGiovanna

Sorry, @Jellybean, I tried to put it in a spoiler but I still can't get it to work. 

Oh Ken lol 

IMG_3440.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_3441.PNG

I adore whoever is behind that 2.0. She heckles Ken so well lol 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*chants* 

Go Rachelle! Go Rachelle! Go Rachelle!

3 hours ago, EowynW said:

IMG_3434.PNG

A part of me doesn't believe she would give away copies of her precious book.

Does he realise what a slimeball he sounds like? That and his 'naughty girl' comment in the old blog :brainbleach:

Notice someone made direct reference to his daughter, who works and wears yoga pants in literally every picture of herself (kind comments mind!) He just gives this vague, one line, non answer. Just like Derick, he thinks he's being so coy but just looks like an inarticulate fool. 

Every question being posed to him is simple and direct. If statements are false, it should be so easy to put them to rights. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180403-084257_01.thumb.jpg.6f58276ae18eb015a06cb118fd0d9d88.jpg

Today's doodle: 

"idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle but busybodies, speaking things which they ought not." 

It's like the Bible verse is talking about someone just exactly like Lori. And thanks to WiFi, she can now barge her nosy tush right into people's houses without ever having to leave the sanctity of her own.

32 minutes ago, polecat said:

Today's doodle: 

"idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle but busybodies, speaking things which they ought not." 

It's like the Bible verse is talking about someone just exactly like Lori. And thanks to WiFi, she can now barge her nosy tush right into people's houses without ever having to leave the sanctity of her own.

Yeah, it's convenient since she doesn't think a woman should leave her home. Lori gets to stay home and still be in people's business 

Well today we get a double bonus--quotes from the leghumpers in the chat room about how they "suffer" under patriarchy and a wall o' text from Ken to finish. As usual, I lost focus not even halfway through Ken's ramblings. 

Since we are close to the end of this thread may I suggest a title?

Lori Alexander: Still a bitch while Ken gets his ass handed too him

On the 2.0 page Ken says ' Don't agree, fine, and if you do it nicely and kindly you can do it on Lori's blog, so long as the theology is not so far off base and you don't start your comment with, "I know you will probably delete this..." :) Just a few hints for those who want to try.'  Two words for Kenny....bull and shit.  People have disagreed in very polite terms, with Bible backing for their theology, and have been deleted and blocked.  Screenshots...does he even know how they work?   

In today's blog post he also says about patriarchy 'If it means a father is in any way unloving or unChristian towards his wife and family I want nothing to do with it and neither should you.'  If a woman is to have 'nothing to do with it,' that seems to imply that she does not have to submit to an unloving or unchristian man, which most assuredly is not what his wife says.  :think:  

18 minutes ago, SueEllenMishke said:

Well today we get a double bonus--quotes from the leghumpers in the chat room about how they "suffer" under patriarchy and a wall o' text from Ken to finish. As usual, I lost focus not even halfway through Ken's ramblings. 

How are they saying they are "suffering"? Sadly, I bet some of these women just want someone to take care of all the details and then when things go wrong they have someone to blame (hint, not themselves).

5 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

On the 2.0 page Ken says ' Don't agree, fine, and if you do it nicely and kindly you can do it on Lori's blog, so long as the theology is not so far off base and you don't start your comment with, "I know you will probably delete this..." :) Just a few hints for those who want to try.'  Two words for Kenny....bull and shit.  People have disagreed in very polite terms, with Bible backing for their theology, and have been deleted and blocked.  Screenshots...does he even know how they work?   

In today's blog post he also says about patriarchy 'If it means a father is in any way unloving or unChristian towards his wife and family I want nothing to do with it and neither should you.'  If a woman is to have 'nothing to do with it,' that seems to imply that she does not have to submit to an unloving or unchristian man, which most assuredly is not what his wife says.  :think:  

yeah, I wonder if someone asks him "can a woman "disobey" her husband if the husband/father is unloving or unchristian?" what his response would be because Lori tells women to submit more, win without a word and all that BS

Most of those chat room women smugly talking about 'suffering' under patriarchy, are actually saying they're just lazy. And they make their husbands sound like father substitutes. :pb_confused:

29 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

That's the thing about patriarchy. It's a system of power. A woman can't just 'bail out' of it when she's had enough. Just like she can't call quits on an abusive marriage when her husband has all the money, owns the house, controls her life. It isn't that people don't agree with stay at home mothers or complementary relationships, we just don't want it to be the *only* way.  Why is he so freakin ignorant about this? 

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Most of those chat room women smugly talking about 'suffering' under patriarchy, are actually saying they're just lazy. And they make their husbands sound like father substitutes. :pb_confused:

It enables women to be lazy and avoid a lot of responsibility and decision making. I think it stunts personal growth and character. 

I rwmenber my Mom telling us that if we didn't want to do something just tell people "oh my husband says I can't do that" and it was a free pass. 

10 minutes ago, Loveday said:

And that is what I was afraid of, how very sad. And by being that way they are teaching their children to do the same thing. Kind of like the cycle of poverty or the families that are all electricians or teachers or doctors, etc. Nothing wrong with those professions it has to do with what we are exposed to growing up, if all we see is one thing, we think that is normal and often don't look too far outside the box. Different example, I have a friend that is Hindu and he is the first of his generation of cousins to get married. He had alcohol at his wedding receptions. By him doing that, he made it acceptable to have alcohol at receptions for all his cousins. When some bucks a family "trend" it may or may not be accepted, once it is it opens everyone up to new possibilities if they are willing. Sadly, these patriarchy families would shun the ones that buck the norms of the family. :(

I think someone needs to line up all the screen shots and force Ken to respond to them. Without them, he can keep saying things like "what are you smoking?" and he's never forced to explain himself. I wish I had the time to do it myself. 

@quiversR4hunting Lori very sarcastically asked the women to tell how they suffer under the patriarchy so she can "warn other women". So basically a chance to one up each other with his hard their husbands work (12 hours a day! 15 hours! My husband never sleeps! Etc, etc, etc.) and how they have just the bestest lives in the whole world :2wankers:

8 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And that is what I was afraid of, how very sad. And by being that way they are teaching their children to do the same thing. Kind of like the cycle of poverty or the families that are all electricians or teachers or doctors, etc. Nothing wrong with those professions it has to do with what we are exposed to growing up, if all we see is one thing, we think that is normal and often don't look too far outside the box. Different example, I have a friend that is Hindu and he is the first of his generation of cousins to get married. He had alcohol at his wedding receptions. By him doing that, he made it acceptable to have alcohol at receptions for all his cousins. When some bucks a family "trend" it may or may not be accepted, once it is it opens everyone up to new possibilities if they are willing. Sadly, these patriarchy families would shun the ones that buck the norms of the family. :(

I think that's one of the reasons I'm struggling so badly watching my brother marry a hardcore fundie who is going to stay at home and use zero birth control and teach their kids the same crap we were taught. Just another round. :( 

My husband and I are bucking the trend in our families. Politically, faith wise,  me working and us putting off kids and really thinking of just not having any. We are at a big disadvantage money, life experience & job wise due to our raising, and if we have kids right now it would ensure we stay stuck in that poverty and stress cycle. We don't want to live that way. 

15 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I think someone needs to line up all the screen shots and force Ken to respond to them. Without them, he can keep saying things like "what are you smoking?" and he's never forced to explain himself. I wish I had the time to do it myself. 

That is what I am working on. Another commenter here are compiling the shots. I am taking each one of rachelle's statement and breaking it down with a corresponding shot.  Its going to be like the hitchhikers guide to the Alexanders. 

2 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I think that's one of the reasons I'm struggling so badly watching my brother marry a hardcore fundie who is going to stay at home and use zero birth control and teach their kids the same crap we were taught. Just another round. :( 

My husband and I are bucking the trend in our families. Politically, faith wise,  me working and us putting off kids and really thinking of just not having any. We are at a big disadvantage money, life experience & job wise due to our raising, and if we have kids right now it would ensure we stay stuck in that poverty and stress cycle. We don't want to live that way. 

If you and your brother are still able to see each other, him and his wife may slowly see that you and your husband aren't damned to hell for changing your history. I always think of Mother Teresa when I think of missionaries, she didn't go to preach, she went to the poorest of poor areas and helped. She showed her faith by her deeds and by her love and by her compassion. That maybe all you and your husband can do to your brother and future wife. And if things get tough for them, you can be the one to sit and listen and offer a different point of view. It may take years but they may see the light.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

That is what I am working on. Another commenter here are compiling the shots. I am taking each one of rachelle's statement and breaking it down with a corresponding shot.  Its going to be like the hitchhikers guide to the Alexanders. 

Yes, that's exactly what we need! Can't wait to see it. 

Lori's blog post today has the chat room leghumper fangirls waxing poetic about how great living under the patriarchy is.  All of them think it's neat-o peachy keen.  And of course there is the obligatory praise for how hard the hubby works.

..... works from 5:00 am until anywhere from 4:00 to 6:00 pm every day building machines. He also leaves me on Saturdays from 4:00 am until noon. 

By my calculation this man is working 63-68 hours/ week. every week.  Why is this a good thing? It's as if none of these women actually want to spend time with their spouse. They only want the money he brings in.

Oddly about half way through the blog post it seems as if Ken takes over, but there is no attribution to or acknowledgment of his input (Paragraph beginning " As we were walking tonight Lori told me...")

2 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

By my calculation this man is working 63-68 hours/ week. every week.  Why is this a good thing? It's as if none of these women actually want to spend time with their spouse

and the kids, I am sure they would want their dad to play catch with them, or ride a bike around the block or go for a hike in the woods or go to their sporting events or music concerts (if the kids are allowed to have extra curricular activities)

I wonder how many of these men are glad to be away for 60+ hours. That is sad too because if they don't like the situation they should work on correcting the problem! After all they subscribe to the man is the headship.

These people make me so mad!

Whilst avoiding ebil college homework yesterday, I went back and read almost the entire "why is Ken Alexander here" thread.  I glanced over to the 2.0 FB page periodically and noticed he did all the same avoidance crap he did here.  He really thinks he's a smooth talker, no matter what is presented to him...I mean smooth talker as in "ladies man."  The little (not) jokes, the smiley faces, the creepiness.  Have many of ya'll ever had exchanges with men so convinced of their fabulousness that it didn't matter how vile you were to them, they just kept at it?  And every time you said anything regarding hating their guts they would just smile and use whatever insult or cuss word you threw at them as proof that you are passionate about them?  THAT is what he puts me in mind of.   Didn't he admit once that he was surprised that women at his work weren't over the moon about him?  I don't believe he hears/sees a single thing.  What kind of self absorbed s.o.b. wants women to beg him to stay....well, anywhere?  He pulled that on both forums, "I'm leaving, unless ya'll want me to stick around" *wink wink, nudge nudge*

He can't tell the difference between her words and his personal perspective.   In the thread here and on FB, he kept using the term "we"...but she doesn't see things the way he sees them.  There is no "we" there's just her and her staunch, unyielding attitude.  He might not have a personal problem with working moms, but she does.  He may not have personal issues with men who mind children, but she does and she actively persecutes those people.  

Folks can screen shot all day long, they are martyrs spreading the good word being persecuted by the feminists.  He will never set his wife straight because he is convinced she's some kind of well read writer.  (say that 5 times fast)  Hell at this point, they both may just get off on riling people up and seeing how much fur they can make fly.  

Also:  WTF is "salt and light"?  I've never heard that term and really really don't get the salt part....????

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived