Jellybean

2 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

I had the same thought but when Joy went skiing on her honeymoon she wore standard ski pants.  I guess ski pants meet Duggar modesty standards though I have a pair that probably toe the line!   hahaha

Haha, I have only gone skiing once, and my ski pants were super thick. I had Gumby legs-- not sensual at all. But who knows with the Duggars. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill, Jessa, and Joy (plus the younger girls) have all been seen in ski pants (no skirts over them), while the Bates had ski skirts over their ski pants which quite frankly looked ridiculous.

12 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@justmissedquiver and @Satan'sFortressone of my granddaughters has albinism 

My son has albinism* too. It was such a surprise when he popped out with all his blonde hair! Luckily we live in a part of the world that is not too sunny.... or murdery....

* This just got auto-corrected to 'My son has Calvinism too'. That would be a far more devastating diagnosis than albinism!

IIRC we've seen the Duggar girls wearing just ski pants before when they were sledding and on the family ski trip episode. I could be imagining it but I think they talked about pants being ok when it's for safety or something. Some of the older girls would have had to wear pants and steel toes when doing SAR/firefighting work though they did make the skirts to be worn for their dress uniform. 

It always struck me that the Duggars who seemed more "traditional" are fine with pants in these situations but during the Bates ski trip episode all the girls wore skirts over ski pants. 

Spoiler

110527-duggar-vert-1330a.standard.jpg.e17a18312fc7c20d70e298d4bc1c7828.jpg

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

I opted to remove myself from truepeoplesearch. com. I did use it when sending out cards this past Christmas.

How do you do it?I was appalled by the amount of personal info,which is current.I did look up others,and their info is not current.

I'm not sure why so many are appalled at the info on truepeoplesearch.com. It's publicly available information, if you want to do a bit of digging. This website just makes it easier by making it available with one click. It's not like it has your yearly income, SSN, and credit card numbers on there. Besides, I did a bit of searching just for fun and much of the info is not current, so it's not exactly reliable, although it's a starting point if you're looking for someone.

If you're worried about people finding you for whatever reason (and I understand there can be some legitimate ones) then I can see why you'd want to remove yourself, but it's just not that big of a deal to me. 

1 hour ago, LookieLoo said:

I'm not sure why so many are appalled at the info on truepeoplesearch.com. It's publicly available information, if you want to do a bit of digging. This website just makes it easier by making it available with one click. It's not like it has your yearly income, SSN, and credit card numbers on there. Besides, I did a bit of searching just for fun and much of the info is not current, so it's not exactly reliable, although it's a starting point if you're looking for someone.

If you're worried about people finding you for whatever reason (and I understand there can be some legitimate ones) then I can see why you'd want to remove yourself, but it's just not that big of a deal to me. 

I don't even have a Facebook or any other social medial account.  I have no illusion about privacy in this day and age, but I do remove myself from these types of sites when I can.  I don't owe anybody money, no secrets, not worried, it's just something that I do. Not a big deal to me either.

I disagree about the accuracy though. My entry was accurate as was many of the people I looked up. This site was far more accurate than Zabasearch.

35 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Didn't the Duggar daughters make fire skirts or something? 

They did, but I'm about 99% sure that was entirely conceived by TLC for the show. The girls seemed pretty embarrassed about it iirc.

43 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Didn't the Duggar daughters make fire skirts or something? 

They were shown making khakiish skirts as part of their like dress or everyday uniform. But I can't see them being allowed to do actual work (like the stuff pictured) in skirts. 

Because I have nothing better to do (and was curious haha) I googled it. 

In the episode Duggars on Fire the girls go to Army and Navy to find uniform (navy) skirts. But there aren't any *gasp*! So expert seamstress Anna makes the pants into skirts. 

There's also a YouTube clip  (if you search Duggars on Fire) of Jana Jill and JD responding to  structure fire where the girls are wearing fire gear including pants (like the photo pictured earlier from when they responded to the Tornado in Joplin)

Storyline aside there's no way on earth they would be allowed to respond to an actual call in a navy skirt that's not fire retardant, not reflective and not made of heavy material. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

They did, but I'm about 99% sure that was entirely conceived by TLC for the show. The girls seemed pretty embarrassed about it iirc.

I remember this, the part they were embarrassed about was having to go show their boss. He reacted in a way that suggested he couldn't possibly care less about something as stupid as that. I think the dresses started out as their dead but TLC suggested they go show them off. 

I've been skiing in upstate (ish) New York, where there is a sizable Orthodox Jewish population. So I have seen women skiing in skirts. Literally just black flow-y knee length skirts, with probably warm leggings underneath (though the boots cover up the bottom leg so obviously you can't tell what they're wearing underneath). It seems chillier than wearing ski pants, but the flow-y stretchy skirts didn't seem to hinder their movement. 

The Bates girls skiing in pants was just ridiculous. I'm glad that the Duggars don't do that. 

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So is Jana babysitting all the kids back at the ski lodge?

CinderJana? The eighth ball says "All signs point to YES!" 

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I disagree about the accuracy though. My entry was accurate as was many of the people I looked up. This site was far more accurate than Zabasearch.

My entry was fairly accurate as well except for email addresses (not sure where they pull those from but they weren't even close) but my husband and mother's had non-current addresses and some other inaccurate stuff. 

27 minutes ago, LookieLoo said:

My entry was fairly accurate as well except for email addresses (not sure where they pull those from but they weren't even close) but my husband and mother's had non-current addresses and some other inaccurate stuff. 

I just removed myself. The phone numbers were not current and neither was the address. However, they listed my kids and all that shit. 

3 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

I've been skiing in upstate (ish) New York, where there is a sizable Orthodox Jewish population. So I have seen women skiing in skirts. Literally just black flow-y knee length skirts, with probably warm leggings underneath (though the boots cover up the bottom leg so obviously you can't tell what they're wearing underneath). It seems chillier than wearing ski pants, but the flow-y stretchy skirts didn't seem to hinder their movement. 

The Mennonite girls in our area really rock the snowboards on the slope wearing long jeans skirts. Great skiers!

8 hours ago, LacyMay said:

IIRC we've seen the Duggar girls wearing just ski pants before when they were sledding and on the family ski trip episode. I could be imagining it but I think they talked about pants being ok when it's for safety or something. Some of the older girls would have had to wear pants and steel toes when doing SAR/firefighting work though they did make the skirts to be worn for their dress uniform.

On first reading, that struck me as funny because I read it as "just ski pants" and nothing else!   :pearlclutching:

Yesterday I went to Old Navy to look for some casual dresses.  When I walked out of the fitting room to show my boyfriend how this one olive striped dress looked, I realized where I had seen it before: Jessa's Instagram.  What's worse is that this isn't the first time this has happened.

I ended up buying the dress, too.  Looks like Jessa and I share a love of dresses from Old Navy.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:37 AM, singsingsing said:

They're in Colorado, and they seem to be there with several other Duggars. I think Jim Bob and Michelle are there as well, so I'm assuming they're the one paying for most of it.

It only started snowing in CO tonight. Ive been all over the state today.

13 minutes ago, zee_four said:

It only started snowing in CO tonight. Ive been all over the state today.

Jessa says it's 'Colorado snow' in her Instagram video. 

In the link I posted, above, the snow totals for 24/72 hours are posted. There has been a LOT of snow in the past 3 days. 

Skiing is NOT  a cheap hobby!!

Just another undeserved entitlement that the Duggars now have. Gah.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived