Jellybean

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think she’d lie about not being pregnant, and I don’t think E! And People would print the story unless they were sure it was true. And she did just recently post a full length shot of herself in which she did not look pregnant.

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aww Henry is cute.

I still think she's pregnant. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I think there’s something we haven’t considered here.  Maybe she was pregnant and suffered a miscarriage.  I could see her wanting to quell the speculation in that situation...can’t say I blame her, if that’s the case.

I don’t think she’d lie about not being pregnant.

@Snarkasarus Rex That’s what I’ve been thinking. I’ve been so far behind that I didn’t want to post it in case it had already been discussed, but it seems to have not been mentioned until now. 

If she miscarried, she wouldn’t want to deal with people dumping shit on her, so she’s been quiet about it all. 

That Elija kid that keeps popping up is in the second video in her Instagram post cooking steaks. He gets around, dude. Last week he was in a BuB episode helping with Tori's wedding. 

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I think there’s something we haven’t considered here.  Maybe she was pregnant and suffered a miscarriage.  I could see her wanting to quell the speculation in that situation...can’t say I blame her, if that’s the case.

I don’t think she’d lie about not being pregnant.

I honestly thought this is what happened once all the pregnancy speculation started, but it's not really our place to assume this. And if it did happen, Jessa and Ben deserve all the privacy they want on the matter. 

9 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

The woman who birthed them didn't want to parent them.

Please don't make such a statement. It is patently unfair. And in many, many cases, not at all true. 

Where are Ben and Jessa on "spring break"?  I guess it refers to Ben's break from Moody classes.

And who is paying for this spring break? Ben the student?

They need to be several states away from Arkansas--like Utah--to be experiencing snow right now.

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Where are Ben and Jessa on "spring break"?  I guess it refers to Ben's break from Moody classes.

They need to be several states away from Arkansas--like Utah--to be experiencing snow right now.

They're in Colorado, and they seem to be there with several other Duggars. I think Jim Bob and Michelle are there as well, so I'm assuming they're the one paying for most of it.

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

That's from the Duggar clan (plus Bates clan) trip to Granby Ranch in Granby Colorado, per Ellie's Bates and Duggar blogs.

Apparently they took a film crew, but I wonder which show it's for and how they plan to work around both families being there. (The "joys" of "friends" who do things together being on different networks but having the same production company...)

21 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

That's from the Duggar clan (plus Bates clan) trip to Granby Ranch in Granby Colorado, per Ellie's Bates and Duggar blogs.

Oh, yes, I see Lawson the Tool is there as well, posing for us.  God forbid the manchild should ever work.

2 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Please don't make such a statement. It is patently unfair. And in many, many cases, not at all true. 

This is what my own adopted kids feel and what some other adoptees feel. Their birth mom didn't want to parent them. She didn't want them. It's what some adoptees feel including  what some of my adopted kids feel. 

Hey, Lawson, FYI, it should be ‘...how tiny WE and our problems are’.  Ok?  Ok. 

10 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don’t think she’d lie about not being pregnant, and I don’t think E! And People would print the story unless they were sure it was true. And she did just recently post a full length shot of herself in which she did not look pregnant.

I disagree. Prior to the announcement of the Spurgeon pregnancy someone at an event asked if she was pregnant and she said no (IIRC they statement was "We don't have anything to announce yet"). When they did announce it was obvious she was pregnant at the time of the denial. 

It's totally possible that she really isn't pregnant but I'm not putting it past them to lie about it.

25 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

This is what my own adopted kids feel and what some other adoptees feel. Their birth mom didn't want to parent them. She didn't want them. It's what some adoptees feel including  what some of my adopted kids feel. 

Some being the key word there. My relative's mother tried to keep him for three years. She tried every excuse, tried every way to swing it. She had basically no support from anyone. Finally she had to accept defeat and give him up. 

9 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I disagree. Prior to the announcement of the Spurgeon pregnancy someone at an event asked if she was pregnant and she said no (IIRC they statement was "We don't have anything to announce yet"). When they did announce it was obvious she was pregnant at the time of the denial. 

It's totally possible that she really isn't pregnant but I'm not putting it past them to lie about it.

Like you pointed out, she actually didn't say 'no'. She said 'we don't have anything to announce yet'. Big difference between that and having your spokesperson literally say, 'She is not pregnant.' One is playing coy, one is straight out lying.

For some reason I can't quote those who responded about my finding out about my birth fathers suicide. I did try to contact a half brother on FB .  He blocked me.   It's ok, it was probably a bit of a shock and unfair of me .

1 hour ago, SawScar2017 said:

For some reason I can't quote those who responded about my finding out about my birth fathers suicide. I did try to contact a half brother on FB .  He blocked me.   It's ok, it was probably a bit of a shock and unfair of me .

How did you go about it, and what made you decide to reach out? I’m in a similar situation (except it’s my bio grandmother that is deceased), and there are two half siblings. I don’t know if anyone knows about the existence of my parent- the bio mother died young, so her children were younger than when one might have a conversation and let the ‘family secret’ out. I’ve found both of the half-siblings on FB, and one has an account on Ancestry, which I found out when doing genealogical research on the bio fam. 

The ‘father’ on my parent’s birth certificate was left blank (big surprise, this is from the ‘girls that went away’ era), so really all I want to know is if anyone knows who he is (maybe bio mom’s sister? She would have been a young teen when (teen) bio mom was pregnant), and if there are any health concerns at run in the family. I’d really like to find out the ethnicity of my bio grandfather- parent and I look nothing like bio grandmother, so our features are probably from him. 

it's his first time skiing.. i read that somewhere 

and who notices she has the same voice when dealing with her kids, but her siblings she has a different voice 

:)

@justmissedquiver and @Satan'sFortress,  one of my granddaughters has albinism which is part of why she was abandoned.  There's a lot of prejudice worldwide against people with albinism and in China it seems to be pretty bad. (At least, my granddaughter would not have been directly killed as she might have been in parts of Africa.)  There is either a Yahoogroup or a Facebook group for parents that have adopted children with albinism from China.     They also have a copy of the book The Lost Daughters of China which is about adopted Chinese girls.  The agency in the US that helps to facilitate the adoptions has the American parents go as a group to the orphanages they will be dealing with.  My daughter and son-in-law keep in touch with these other parents.   When my daughter was having brain surgery recently at Duke, one of the couples (and their Chinese daughter) that live in NC took them out for dinner.

I do think just telling the girls that their parents felt like another parent could better care for them might be a good approach to talking to the girls about their adoption.  

10 hours ago, nst said:

it's his first time skiing.. i read that somewhere

How does one ski with a skirt? Not being snarky, honestly curious.

I guess you could wear a short skort and leggings? 

6 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

How does one ski with a skirt? Not being snarky, honestly curious.

I guess you could wear a short skort and leggings? 

I had the same thought but when Joy went skiing on her honeymoon she wore standard ski pants.  I guess ski pants meet Duggar modesty standards though I have a pair that probably toe the line!   hahaha

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived