IGNORED

Lori Alexander 41: The Uninformed Wife

@Sarah92. Afuckinmen girl!  Preach.  I'm 44.  It makes me in the millennial group.  But, a gen x'er who was last generation analog or something.   We were handed the world on a shit platter and called lazy.  Everything is expensive and polluted but we're the assholes?  I've been too flu ridden for my brain to write more detailed examples of how the previous generations helped screw up the world for us to navigate, sorry.  We are a loving, accepting generation though and I like us.  I love my kids generation too.  Good people. 

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

That woman is nuckin' futz.

One of Mr MM's favorite sayings (not just about Lori LOL).  Thanks for the memories - 

[mention=25344]Sarah92[/mention]. Afuckinmen girl!  Preach.  I'm 44.  It makes me in the millennial group.  But, a gen x'er who was last generation analog or something.   We were handed the world on a shit platter and called lazy.  Everything is expensive and polluted but we're the assholes?  I've been too flu ridden for my brain to write more detailed examples of how the previous generations helped screw up the world for us to navigate, sorry.  We are a loving, accepting generation though and I like us.  I love my kids generation too.  Good people. 

You are Gen X. Millennials are born starting around 1980 or by some classifications as late as 82. 1978 at the earliest. The Gen X grouping generally begins with those born in 1965.

The Millennials end with those born in the late 90s. 2000 is the latest cut off. Current high schoolers and tweens are Gen Z.

4 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

You are Gen X. Millennials are born starting around 1980 or by some classifications as late as 82. 1978 at the earliest. The Gen X grouping generally begins with those born in 1965.

The Millennials end with those born in the late 90s. 2000 is the latest cut off. Current high schoolers and tweens are Gen Z.

That's what I thought!  Then, I read some article that had my group as millennials too.  I've seen it more than that too.  So confusing.   But, my understanding is same as yours really.

There is no one, clear cut definition for millennials. By some definitions I am one, by other descriptions I’m gen Z. I can fit both. I was born 1995. If I was a millennial, I’d be a late one, so that’s probably why.

Maybe Millennials are just so awesome they'll accept anyone who wants to join. But for real there doesn't seem to be a decided cut off yet. 

Saw this gem. Yeah feminists are really going to want to talk with you when you claim that they're destroying lives. Projection much?

image.png

18 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

You know what really irks me with Lori?? OK that's not a trick question (EVERYTHING)..Let me rephrase that, you know what realy irks me about Lori at the moment.   I hate how she throws out these made up blanket statements (from today's bizarre movie review/post) 

"This seems to be a common practice today among women especially."

No facts, no sources....and just uses it as another reason why women suck. Where are all these women supposed doing all these wrong things.  I hate these generalities she just makes up. It makes me ragey

I posted real numbers and a source to one of her post telling her she was wrong and she deleted it. I reposted it and posted scripture about lying and got deleted. The problem is she knows no one will look up anything. Plus she probably things her number, or whatever she is saying, is right so why does she need to back it up?

Re: today’s post. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a grown woman throw a temper tantrum. I’ve never thrown one myself, to the best of my recollection.  Whatever the fuck throwing a temper tantrum even means. But, apparently many young women do.  Many. Many of them write to Lori and tell her so I’m assuming - how else would she know? 

I can say I have experienced rage to the point of wanting to throw things, though. (Would that be classified as a temper tantrum?  I don’t really know.). Anyway, the source of my rage is the godly mentor. Every damned day. Nay, twice every damned day. 

The other thing really bugging me about this last post, is I feel like (typical of Lori) that she is arguing about something that is so not important in the scheme of things.  As Christians we are clearly told the most important commandment is to love God with all our heart and soul and the second command is to love our neighbors as ourself.  All this bickering about whether we should rebuke the Devil, homeschool, how we should dress, what we should cook, if we should work is sooooooo not what God calls us to do IMHO. Does God really want us to argue about how long our skirts should be?  or sit around debating if we should yell at the Devil. How are doing some GOOD in his name? 

How is any of this online bickering of Lori's helping ONE person?   How are you showing kindness and love, Lori? How about taking a meal to a shut in? How about helping a single mother or offering to drive an elderly neighbor to the store?   How about showing God's love in a million normal ways....rather than just behind your computer screen attempting to be the authority in everything?  Huh, Lori? how about that??

My heart breaks at how misguided you are.   So instead of sitting at my computer now, I'm going to take my own advice and go show Christ's love in an unassuming way today, and just be a kind human being today to someone in some way. 

9 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

There is no one, clear cut definition for millennials. By some definitions I am one, by other descriptions I’m gen Z. I can fit both. I was born 1995. If I was a millennial, I’d be a late one, so that’s probably why.

Beginning and ending cut offs are usually murky, but I've never seen one that would make anyone over 40 a Millennial. Never. I'm a couple of years older than @Beermeet and have zero in common with Millennials in generational terms. These divisions are based on pop culture, growing up years, and coming of age experiences, someone who is 44 right now did not have the same generational touchstones as someone who is 25. That's kind of a no-brainer. 

I think the Millennial ending cut-off should be birth years somewhere in the late 90s. There is definitely a different outlook among the kids in high school now. I taught late Gen X'ers in my early career then taught Millennials. The kids I see in middle and high school classrooms now have a very different mindset than Millennials did. They are more outward thinking, more socially and politically aware at a younger age. I had Millennial kids who would literally not know when there was a presidential or other major election as teens while we have Gen Z middle schoolers at church who are analyzing the midterms in March. A lot of that is parenting. Parents of Gen Z strike me as being a bit less over-protective and the helicopter parent trend is beginning to ease. The class of 2018 is more independent at this moment in their lives than the class of 2010 was. Not something you can blame them for, so don't take it as an insult if you are from 2010, please. 

15 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Not something you can blame them for, so don't take it as an insult if you are from 2010, please. 

It bothers me when people blame younger generations for whatever they're doing that is different from previous generations.  Makes me want to say 'You don't like where this generation is going? Look at who raised them!'

Not that parents are always to blame for how kids turn out, it's just the general trend of blaming young people for the way they are disturbs me, a lot...and I'm over 50!  

The Queen of online temper tantrums is discussing temper tantrums, clearly oblivious to the fact that her day is one long temper tantrum.  Pot meet kettle.  

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

It bothers me when people blame younger generations for whatever they're doing that is different from previous generations.  Makes me want to say 'You don't like where this generation is going? Look at who raised them!'

Not that parents are always to blame for how kids turn out, it's just the general trend of blaming young people for the way they are disturbs me, a lot...and I'm over 50!  

Absolutely. I think a lot of the difference is definitely on parents. When I was teaching the heart of the Millennial generation, I constantly had parents telling me that they didn't want their 16-18 year old students having to "worry" about current issues as part of my government class--it was too "upsetting" or "stressful" for them. Thus, kids being in high school and all but entirely unaware of major elections or news events as their parents chose to shelter them from all of it. I asked a mom once if she wanted her teen to be an informed citizen and regular voter when she grew up. The answer was yes, so I tried to explain that you can't just push a button when they turn 18 and are eligible to vote--you have to engage them prior to that. I was at several conferences with social science teachers from across the country back then and all of us had similar experiences with parents. But the teachers I am talking to now are saying they are seeing less and less of that mindset. So for the Millennials who don't think outwardly and engage with current issues (And it is not by any means all of them--but they have been voting less in initial eligible years than Gen X did which is one measure), it is absolutely connected to choices their parents made. 

My cousin has two Millennial aged kids (26 and 23) who have never really left home (one finished college and the other is still in college--but they went as close to home as possible and had/have to be home very weekend), never taken on adult responsibilities, and function as children. Both are able bodied and were honor students in high school. The situation is not entirely their fault as their parents have not allowed them to do so. They are the stereotypical Millennials living at home dependent on mommy and daddy, but they have barely had a choice. Mom still decides what kind of toothpaste they use, when they need haircuts and has a tracking app on their phones so she knows where they are at all times. They are not yet "allowed" to date. The 23 year old recently posted on Twitter that she wants to dye her hair "but my mom said no". I wanted to scream at her "you're 23 YEARS OLD! That is NOT your mom's decision". But they have never had enough independence to learn that they can have it. All parenting. (And these people barely go to church--when they do it is mainline Protestant--so not fundie, just run of the mill helicopter parents who cannot let go). 

Lori likes to make up numbers and generalizes/stereotypes to fit her argument.   After all, she is a graduate of the Ken Alexander School of Statistics.  

I also have never seen a woman throw a temper tantrum. And in the little story she posted, if my husband rolled in at 8pm, saw me with kids up, and me and kids at wits end, and chose to park his butt in front of the tv, we would have words. My husband would never. The notion that he should be left alone while wife does everything for house and kids, and then joyfully serve him up some sex is ludicrous. And the mansplaining comments on the actual blog are disgusting (as is Trey’s comment). 

Is Lori like this in person? Do her family and friends (I don’t think she has any though) know what she posts/says? How can anyone stand to be around her? 

Is anyone else seeing three new blog entries for today? All of them are written by somebody else. A mistake perhaps?

6 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I also have never seen a woman throw a temper tantrum.

My 42 year old sister-in-law throws tantrums all the time. For things as simple as her parents not watching a television show she told them to watch or going to a restaurant she said they should eat at. Or someone (usually me) bringing food she did not give prior approval for to a family holiday dinner. 

But I think she is the exception, not the rule. 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

My 42 year old sister-in-law throws tantrums all the time. For things as simple as her parents not watching a television show she told them to watch or going to a restaurant she said they should eat at. Or someone (usually me) bringing food she did not give prior approval for to a family holiday dinner. 

But I think she is the exception, not the rule. 

My mom is a cluster B personality and she throws tantrums all of the time.

18 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I'm not sure it ever was much of a fad. I'm around teens and pre-teens all the time and have never heard a word about eating Tide Pods. What I actually have seen is Baby Boomers posting crap on social media complaining that teens and pre-teens and possibly Millennials are eating Tide Pods. Endlessly. 

This baby boomer didn't even know it was an alledged thing. How do you know it is baby boomers posting crap? Most of us are thinking about retirement, LOL.

Just now, SilverBeach said:

This baby boomer didn't even know it was an alledged thing. How do you know it is baby boomers posting crap? Most of us are thinking about retirement, LOL.

Because I know the age of the people who have posted it on my social media since they are all relatives. 

2 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

My mom is a cluster B personality and she throws tantrums all of the time.

Pretty sure SiL is NPD. 

10 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

if my husband rolled in at 8pm, saw me with kids up, and me and kids at wits end, and chose to park his butt in front of the tv, we would have words.

Well, she does say that you can ask him respectfully to help during tv commercials...

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

Because I know the age of the people who have posted it on my social media since they are all relatives. 

Oh that's an important piece of information. Limited sample size, hardly an indictment of all baby boomers. 

16 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Is anyone else seeing three new blog entries for today? All of them are written by somebody else. A mistake perhaps?

Im not seeing that. However, I looked at her blog post and read the comments, came here to comment, and saw your post. I went back to the post to see what you said, and now the comments to the blogpost itself are gone. 

Oh Lori... if you are monitoring here why don’t you reveal yourself? 

6 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Oh that's an important piece of information. Limited sample size, hardly an indictment of all baby boomers. 

And I said in the post "what I have seen". I did not say "in an analytical survey with a random sample size encompassing all forms of social media conducted over a three month period by professional researchers". So I don't know that you need to pick such a bone with me. 

I also noted that the impression that eating Tide Pods is not a thing is based on two school districts in my immediate area. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived