IGNORED

Lori Alexander 39: Civilization breaks down because...women

samurai_sarah

I absolutely adore our kitchen scales. They fold down to nothing, can be reset to zero after every addition to the bowl, and measure in grams/oz/ml. We’ve also bought them as gifts for a few people who have small kitchens or who move around a lot.

Spoiler

C82DB886-9022-40F1-A21B-FF550832FB90.thumb.png.b9f6085fd1aa5ea4943e9ac7faa456b2.png

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Koala said:

Godly women (especially those with cats) keep the toilet lid down.

Hide contents

Ken is very good about putting the toilet seat down.  He has been ever since we got married.  I am very grateful for that!  However, we have two cats who like to drink out of our toilet.  I don't want them drinking out of it because I don't think it is sanitary for them or for us to sit where the cats have been standing.

I decided the way to stop them was to keep the toilet lid down.  I have asked Ken several times to do it giving him my reasons why.  He remembers once in awhile but not often.  I walked past the bathroom yesterday and the lid was up.

I thought, "I could either be upset with him, scold him, and remind him once more or I can forget about it and just close it myself."  I decided to do the latter.  I spent way too many years being upset with him because he wasn't doing things the way I wanted him to do them.  

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/10/putting-toilet-lid-down.html

See?  She didn't scold Ken for not closing the lid.  Except she did.  On her blog, for the whole world to see.  Now isn't that "godly" of her?  Bless her heart, she had to shut the lid herself!  But she didn't get upset!  She just wrote a blog post and called it done!  She's not upset.  Not one little bit!

Heh...she added this bit in the comments:

:pb_lol:   Putting up a "huge sign" on the internet is much more effective!

Why does she even use the word "scold"? Adults don't scold each other. They remind each other, they point things out, they ask. But scold? It's almost like she wants to make women look screwish or like nags. But I'm sure that's not the case.

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Although I must admit there is a chip in the porcelain on the edge and a very stubborn rust stain around the drain  -- and it is jerry-rigged as a shower with a hanging ring from the ceiling for the shower curtain. 

This reminds me of my gigantic, antique clawfoot tub in an apartment I used to live in during college. The tub was gorgeous and huge but definitely worn, and the shower that had been shoehorned in was... probably not up to any building codes. Unfortunately, my tub was not godly as there was a tiny window next that I was too cheap to buy a custom curtain for because... college. 

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

But, remember; the women of old did not have toaster ovens and life was much better back then since they knew how ro suffer. Oh! And suffering! We all must suffer in this life. 

Amen, I would really be suffering without my toaster oven! I was a little apprehensive buying one, but my husband pointed out how many things I could do quicker/nicer in one vs. in the regular oven or the microwave. Now we use it every day, and it's my husband's favorite kitchen appliance when he fixes his own food (which I guess means it's not a godly toaster oven :pearlclutching:).

When our microwave went out, I didn't miss it. I really don't us it much at all. 

However, you'd have to pry my toaster oven out of my cold dead hands if you want to take it from me. I used it daily when the kids were at home and I use it almost daily now. It's just the right size to cook so many things for us empty nesters. I agree that it is really nice in the summer to keep from heating up the kitchen with the oven. 

Also, a toaster oven is perfect for, say, four globs of cookie dough. That is, if you can't trust yourself to bake a whole batch at once because then you'd eat the whole batch. Or so I've been told. 

8 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

That is, if you can't trust yourself to bake a whole batch at once because then you'd eat the whole batch. Or so I've been told

Gluttony! I call gluttony on this!  Your husband might be forced to leave you...Just saying...LOL

22 hours ago, Koala said:

Show me a claw-foot tub that has some color (and damn soap) around it.  Then maybe I'll be impressed.

My first apartment, as a newlywed college student, was in a house built around 1910.  It had no central heating or insulation, but DAMN do I miss its gigantic claw-foot tub!  My husband and I used to soak in it together and read to each other.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Why yes, MANY people do know about all Lori's years of pain and illness.  Why do they know?  Because Lori posts about it CONSTANTLY.  It's a running theme through her posts.  A constant reminder of all she's been through.  Have we heard it once?  No.  Have we heard it twice? No.  We've heard it countless times.  Over and over, until anytime you hear Lori's name, you automatically think, "so, so sick".

"I didn't do _______ because I was so, so sick." 

"I didn't go _______ because I was so, so sick."

And on, and on, and on...

This from a woman who teaches OTHERS (read: NOT HER) to suffer in silence and not complain.

If Lori was "suffering in silence" as she admonishes others to do, then "many of us" wouldn't know how very, very much she has suffered.

I agree. I’m sick and in pain most of the time and there’s a lot of things I have to cancel, miss out on, and can’t do but it shocks me that Lori always talks about not complaining and then does the opposite.

I am sorry @luv2laugh.  That has to be really hard.         

As with everything else, there's one rule for Lori, and another for everyone else.  She taught her children to suffer in silence, because she just didn't want to be bothered with them.  That's why she was content to let them cry for "hours a day" while doing absolutely nothing (other than watch the nanny tend to them).  It's why she admonishes her readers not to complain.  She does not care about their problems/struggles/illness, and she doesn't want to hear it.

But Lori?  Well that's a different story!  She could probably talk to you for hours about HER sickness and how SHE'S suffered.  If I had a dollar for every time she's mentioned HER sickness/health/pain/suffering, I could probably fund a vacation somewhere sunny. 

Which brings me to my next point.  Lori made a video about complaining.  In a parking lot.  That's right, she made the video in what appears to be the parking lot of a shopping center.  Why?  No clue.  Who does that?  It's as weird as her sitting in the dark, middle of the night ramblings about modesty. 

Naturally, she mentions how much she's suffered.  :roll:

But back to today's post:

As many of you know, I have suffered through a lot of physical pain but through all of it, I never questioned God. Why not me?

No...Godly Lori doesn't ask "why me" like the rest of you ungodly sufferers.  She did it the "right way" (as she's reminded readers many times before:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/03/asking-why-me.html         

I know I don’t deserve anything, yet alone health, so I trusted that God had it all under control.

Anything except 5 star reviews.  She definitely thinks she deserves those.

When I felt desperate because the pain was so deep, I would quickly remind myself that the joy of the Lord is my strength and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The other thing she would "quickly" do, is make a laundry list of ways for her family to serve her.  Then when they didn't read her mind and do EXACTLY what she wanted, she tried to "make them feel bad, you know".

Yeah, that.  Remember when her daughter went out of her way to make her soup?  

Godly Lori's response:

The next day, she bought me some good potatoes and made a big pot of vegetable soup for me.  I couldn't wait to finally have some potatoes.  I went to get some soup and there was not ONE potato in the whole soup!!!  I almost lost it.  I did shed a few tears.  I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???"  Make her feel bad, you know.

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

I agree. I’m sick and in pain most of the time and there’s a lot of things I have to cancel, miss out on, and can’t do but it shocks me that Lori always talks about not complaining and then does the opposite.

Same. I was reading a thread in a support forum and a woman was struggling with mental illness. Another reader politely asked what her diagnosis was but to ignore the question if she didn't feel comfortable sharing. The woman did respond but said she doesn't like sharing her diagnosis, not from embarrassment but because she didn't want it to define her. She said that when her father was diagnosed with cancer, one of the hardest things for him was to no longer be just Robert. Now he was Robert With Cancer. I can totally understand where he was coming from. I don't let my illnesses define me. It is something I live with and not who I am. 

Lori may very well be suffering but she makes me doubt the validity of her illness because she seems so fixated on telling everyone about it. Not to mention her bouts seem to happen when there's work to be done. Lori never shows a sign of a sniffle when she's in Door County. When she's on vacation she's as healthy as a horse eating all kinds of crap, like pizza and booze, all the while claiming it's nourishing.

Also, I wasn’t just thinking— aren’t her ramblings about working mothers, other women’s choices in beach wear, women putting their kids in public school, women  fixing organic meals, etc. complaining??? They are judging but many of her doodles are filled with complaints about women in society. She tries so hard to pretend she is a joyful, smiling Godly mentor. The joy of the Lord is our strength, remember? 

About Poor Suffering Lori and the potato-less soup:  A normal person would have said, “Honey, would you mind cutting up and boiling a couple of those nice potatoes you bought? I’d love to have some in the delicious soup you made me.”

52 minutes ago, Hane said:

About Poor Suffering Lori and the potato-less soup:  A normal person would have said, “Honey, would you mind cutting up and boiling a couple of those nice potatoes you bought? I’d love to have some in the delicious soup you made me.”

No. A normal person/mother would have said thank you and choked on it if necessary, never letting her child know it was not up to snuff. She’s a monster. 

I swear she is one of the rudest and snottiest and most defensive people I have ever come across. And her leghumpers are no better.

Lori, why can’t you respond with some empathy? How hard is it to say “I’m sorry it’s difficult for you to read. I had never thought about that. I will keep that in mind for the future.” What on earth is wrong with you? 

FA69C7D8-3414-4422-82FA-0A5F7B73EA00.png

7 hours ago, jumpingjill said:

Lori is all about using examples from the Bible to back up what she believes. She cannot seem to take into account that one Bible verse or story can have differing perceptions or meanings to different people. The only person right in the world is HER!

Yet Sarah (who she loves to use as the perfect submissive woman) actually was given authority over Abraham once in the Bible. God told Abraham he had to obey Sarah or at least “heed her voice” when she told her husband to turn away from sin (or polygamy) by sending Ishmael and his mother away.

Lori seems to be all about the wife submitting to her husband for anything, she has always seemed to push an agenda where the wife shouldn't give any voice or advice to her husband and to “just take everything with joy in your heart.” Another example would be Abigail did not submit to her husband when he refused to treat David with hospitality. He was described as worthless and lazy, and yet, Abigail was praised by doing the right thing and not submitting to her husband when she made sure that David and his army was given food and drink.

There are more examples about strong women in the Bible. I bet it kills Lori about this. She acts like they don't exist. Then again I am contradicting Lori like those other women, thus contradicting God according to her. 

I think she is snooping free jinger, and we hit a nerve. See her post today

9FD34CF0-2492-4E97-B1EA-3E2A136E75BC.jpeg

I read that earlier and thought Lori was arguing against herself. Adding ‘supposed’ doesn’t change the fact that people find bible references regarding women who preach and who don’t submit to their husbands. 

For the reader who has trouble reading the colored print; here ya go. 

It took about two seconds to make the change. Come join us at FJ, where we treat each other with respect and try to help each other. 

IMG_9821.JPG

3 hours ago, Koala said:

I am sorry @luv2laugh.  That has to be really hard.         

As with everything else, there's one rule for Lori, and another for everyone else.  She taught her children to suffer in silence, because she just didn't want to be bothered with them.  That's why she was content to let them cry for "hours a day" while doing absolutely nothing (other than watch the nanny tend to them).  It's why she admonishes her readers not to complain.  She does not care about their problems/struggles/illness, and she doesn't want to hear it.

But Lori?  Well that's a different story!  She could probably talk to you for hours about HER sickness and how SHE'S suffered.  If I had a dollar for every time she's mentioned HER sickness/health/pain/suffering, I could probably fund a vacation somewhere sunny. 

Which brings me to my next point.  Lori made a video about complaining.  In a parking lot.  That's right, she made the video in what appears to be the parking lot of a shopping center.  Why?  No clue.  Who does that?  It's as weird as her sitting in the dark, middle of the night ramblings about modesty. 

Naturally, she mentions how much she's suffered.  :roll:

But back to today's post:

No...Godly Lori doesn't ask "why me" like the rest of you ungodly sufferers.  She did it the "right way" (as she's reminded readers many times before:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/03/asking-why-me.html         

Anything except 5 star reviews.  She definitely thinks she deserves those.

The other thing she would "quickly" do, is make a laundry list of ways for her family to serve her.  Then when they didn't read her mind and do EXACTLY what she wanted, she tried to "make them feel bad, you know".

Yeah, that.  Remember when her daughter went out of her way to make her soup?  

Godly Lori's response:

That soup story.  Every time it comes up I think why didn't you just add the potatoes in and simmer until they were done or cook them in another pot and throw them in the soup OR TELL SOMEONE YOU WANT A FUCKING POTATO!  Don't ask for random types of soup hoping your put-upon family will magically read your mind and know what you really want is a fucking potato.

I am also going to call BS this bit.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

When I felt desperate because the pain was so deep, I would quickly remind myself that the joy of the Lord is my strength and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I have a really high pain tolerance...really high.  Before my 2005 surgery, I was in daily pain around 8-9 on the pain scale.  They hadn't figured out quite what was going on yet, but on top of the pain, I also suffered restless leg syndrome 24/7.   I'm not a religious person, but during that time I prayed....for my husband to kill me.   I would literally sit on the bed, rocking back and forth sobbing and begging him to just kill me.  It was not a particularly good time for either of us since for some reason he didn't like me asking him to kill me every few minutes.

I did not care about potatoes or food or getting even with someone that went out of their way to do something nice for me or anything but being put out of my misery.  I have a feeling Lori wouldn't last a day in my shoes or the shoes of other FJers who have chronic pain.

11 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

For the reader who has trouble reading the colored print; here ya go. 

It took about two seconds to make the change. Come join us at FJ, where we treat each other with respect and try to help each other. 

IMG_9821.JPG

She is so fucking rude.  Just because no one ever mentioned it before doesn't mean other people aren't having problems.   We have people mention stuff here all the time and they are the first person that mentions it, but I don't tell them to eff off because no one else has had it happen.   We at least try to fix the problem before we tell people to eff off here ;)

Maybe people don't say anything because they know you are a bitch and will just have a snotty reply if they say anything.  Maybe this person is new.  Maybe they are color blind or legally blind or any number of other things.

If Jesus was like Lori we wouldn't have to worry about people getting sucked into fundamentalism/extremism.  Everyone would be "that guy's a real dick.  I'm not following him!"

Seriously how rude can she be? A brother in Christ mentions he's struggling to read her posts and that's how she replies? Is that how a godly woman replies? And honestly in low lighting some of her stuff is hard to read with the blue and green print. Of course my eye sight is awful but I'd like someone to take that into consideration if I was really struggling. 

And just because they're "supposed" exceptions doesn't mean they aren't in the Bible. In fact, there's too many of them to be exceptions to the rule. They might even out number all those verses on submission and "teaching the younger" (which she takes out of context anyways IMHO). That's telling me something right there. Hmm I wonder what it could be? And Thomas? It's not good theology to base one's entire belief system on randomly selected Bible verses either but eh what do I know? I'm only a seminary student. Granted my degree is clinical mental health but my school is weird and puts us under seminary anyways.

2 hours ago, Fascinated said:

No. A normal person/mother would have said thank you and choked on it if necessary, never letting her child know it was not up to snuff. She’s a monster. 

When I was about 8 and my brother was 13, both of my parents got a nasty stomach virus at the same time. My brother helpfully decided we would make them dinner. He looked at the food on hand and planned a lovely menu of barbecue pork chops with onions, potatoes and veggies. 

Our parents choked down that pork with bbq sauce and onions in spite of their stomachs. Because we worked hard on that meal and that's what parents do.  

Lori is a monster. 

I’ve been tempted to post a picture of my toilet on social media. A friend bought his wife a fancy Japanese toilet seat that is heated and has bidet functionality. Except he bought an oval one and they needed round, so they gave the oval to us. This thing is insane and has a remote control. I’ve managed to avoid gloating about how nice the heated seat is in the middle of the night. Except now I am and it still seems silly. 

1 hour ago, KnittingOwl said:

I’ve been tempted to post a picture of my toilet on social media. A friend bought his wife a fancy Japanese toilet seat that is heated and has bidet functionality. Except he bought an oval one and they needed round, so they gave the oval to us. This thing is insane and has a remote control. I’ve managed to avoid gloating about how nice the heated seat is in the middle of the night. Except now I am and it still seems silly. 

I have a friend who has one of those things and swears it is the best money he's ever spent

OMG! This sentence!

This topic makes many women angriest, by far, of all the things that I write."

I think this is better--

"Of all the topics I write about, this one provokes the most anger"

Remember:  Lori  -- who went to college for 7 years -- says she can't remember any of her classes in college or what they were about.  It's obvious Freshman Composition is one of those she forgot.  

The fact that such a willfully ignorant woman was a teacher for a few years is horrifying. I hate to think of the damage she inflicted on her students.

9 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

This thing is insane and has a remote control.

My ex in laws got one of these toilets and I immediately went to my jr high mentality and thought, hmm, what happens if I play with the remote while someone is in the bathroom?!

Then I came to my senses .... coulda been a great prank, tho.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived