IGNORED

Carlin and Evan 2: Growing (a Little Bit) Older Together

Jellybean

If anyone loves Joan Crawford, or wants to know more about her, I have to recommend the You Must Remember This podcast's mini-series Six Degrees of Joan Crawford.  The podcast is by Karina Longworth, telling stories from Hollywood's first century, and I really love her style.  She has a real range of series, from going in-depth into a subject (the Hollywood Blacklist, Bela Lugosi & Boris Karloff, the many loves of Howard Hughes, how the Manson murders relate to Hollywood at the time, and lots more) to having stand-alones.

If you want to listen, the Joan Crawfords start in August 2016, but the full list is here

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcast.com/search-archive

(I am VERY excited that the new season started today!)

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish happiness to Carlin but I wonder if she's going to find happiness in marriage. She seems the kind of girl that in a secular world, dates several boys before finding a husband. I think that in other environtment, she would try a lot of jobs, would travel and party and marry older. And definitely someone with a few children if any.

In fact, I see Carlin identical to Lawson. But as he is a man, he has the freedom she cannot even dream of. These two should rent an appartment in a big town and enjoy their youth.

I looked at the comments and found this gem from Lawson:

Spoiler

8F869E85-4E40-43BD-A060-149EFB773644.jpeg.340d0769b08ccf23f2c5a9492d852e39.jpeg

You mean like you ALWAYS credit your awesome photographer Lawson?! :pb_rollseyes::pb_lol:

22 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

In fact, I see Carlin identical to Lawson. But as he is a man, he has the freedom she cannot even dream of. These two should rent an appartment in a big town and enjoy their youth.

These two in an apartment? Instagram would probably break down :D

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I can see it now.....all the walls would be mirrors.

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

1 hour ago, mollysmom said:

I can see it now.....all the walls would be mirrors.

I really really really need UP to read here and take this as a serious suggestion for a new show. It would be equal parts hysterical (because the two of them do have genuinely funny moments) and absolute train wreck. I mean, just imagine all the drama and passive aggressive pouting and preening that would go on... and that’s not even counting how Carlin might behave. :pb_lol:

Dying at Lawson suggesting Carlin should credit her photographer, when all the photos of him just magically appear on instagram out of thin air!

I don't understand that pose at all. What was he going for there?

43 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I don't understand that pose at all. What was he going for there?

Actual conversation:

Carlin - Baaaaaaaaaaaabe! I need a photo of you for insta so all the other girls know just how hot you are! Can you, like, pose with this gun so everyone knows how manly you are? But do it in a way that also makes you look slightly constipated? 

Evan - Sure thing baaaaaaaabe!

(Immediately strikes super sexy pose pictured.)

Also, bonus points for that super manly wide stance. Doug Philips (is a Tool) would be so proud.

ETA: And is I had to imagine Derek Zoolander holding a gun, this is pretty much exactly what I would imagine. :pb_lol: 

I immediately thought, “Great! I truly hope he shoots his dick off.”

What a bunch of jackasses.

His face, the pose, what the hell does he want to say?

My guess: he will shoot off his dick so he has no problems with desire that cannot be rightfully fulfilled.

Or maybe an analogy. Loving Jesus the right way is like shooting off your dick, because no sex (before marriage)?

Or Dating a Bates daughter is like having a gun pointed at your most precious parts all the time.

I am truly confused what statement he did want to show off. He doesn’t look exactly manly with that face. But the pose makes it impossible to let him work that deep, melancholic thinking face.

Ok. So I'm totally not in support of the whole parental permission to ask for courtship and engagement and their whole wacked out way of finding your future spouse, but I can honestly see a scenario where her parents are strongly discouraging this couple from going further. If my daughters had a pic other boyfriend posing like that, I'd be concerned.

27 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

His face, the pose, what the hell does he want to say?

My guess: he will shoot off his dick so he has no problems with desire that cannot be rightfully fulfilled.

Or maybe an analogy. Loving Jesus the right way is like shooting off your dick, because no sex (before marriage)?

Or Dating a Bates daughter is like having a gun pointed at your most precious parts all the time.

I am truly confused what statement he did want to show off. He doesn’t look exactly manly with that face. But the pose makes it impossible to let him work that deep, melancholic thinking face.

Haha this is my favorite.

If my daughter was courting him, this picture would push back permission for engagement by about 5 years. Since they marry pretty quickly after engagement, I'd say no way is anyone posing like that, with no demonstration of gun safety, ready to be a parent (which also happens quickly).

Reminds me of A Christmas Story, instead of "You'll shoot your eye out kid". "you're gonna shoot your junk off kid." Evan doesn't want 19 babies and counting. 

18 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

No caption needed.

915C55D8-DE38-4431-8D5C-1AB1535D2E25.png

That's a rather extreme form of birth control he seems to be advocating for...

Was that pic from Carlin's Insta story? I don't see it on her Instagram feed now

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived