IGNORED

Couple Takes "Fur Baby" To Whole New Level

mango_fandango

Everyone seems to want to go “viral” now. Fifteen minutes of fame and all that... because they’re rarely “famous” for long.

Frankly, I wish I'd thought of it first, goddamnit!

You see, I too have a son... And we have impromptu photo-shoots ALL the time. I send them in holiday cards just like any other Mom who shares her son's school portraits. I take him for walks by the sea, in a stroller. When droves of surfers come over to fawn on him - and sometimes give me unwanted attention - I begin to talk about "my son" - only I do so with a dead straight-face. If they dont leave immediately, I talk about his first day of school. They are outta there real fast!  ::evil laugh::   

koko3.jpg.e79e4bd161f791c692f714dce1d8d0b9.jpg

Okay, okay that ones not mine. But Ive got some good ones! Call it sick, if you want. I take immense joy in it.  Its fucking funny.

22 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

It IS bizarre but trust me, that’s exactly their point. Social commentary. It’s bizarre for me to see crotch dropping pics of everyone’s newborns clogging up my FB feed and instagram.

I am a millennial and every single flippin’ person does this now. New parents are obsessed with themselves and many are just TMI about it!

No, PLEASE I don’t need to see Kate from high school’s placenta.

No, I don’t need to see Danielle naked in that tub with her cherry faced newborn covering her chest.

No, I don’t need to see pictures of Madysyn’s turd the toilet.

Now that’s brain bleach worthy!

I really find this couple’s cat birth pics to be quite relieving.

I agree 100%. I’ve seen people advertise that they planned on live streaming their births. As a whole parental overshare on social media has become really ridiculous and a huge problem IMO. I think this is a fantastic in your face parody on that type of common overshare.

What?!?!... Everyone wants to see my cat pics?!

Well alriiiight since you guys just wont leave me alone about it, I guess u leave me no choice...

Meet... my son.

ultimate_santa_pawz.thumb.jpg.bf24ebb804efef5c732d2ccc91c3d2cc.jpg

up_all_night_3.thumb.JPG.292d16fc42a29c19f6b4e0dae374f1d0.JPGnapping_boy.thumb.JPG.73227859ea97c5ebd7cc7454b2d08732.JPG

I like to tease my gorilla-partner that sadly, he is not the biological father. And even though it is obviously just a joke, it really gets to him - sometimes he genuinely gets mad - its hilarious.

Also, he only wears sweaters if we have guests, so dont hate - I let him run around naked 99.9% of the time, I promise!

I love how the “ha ha” and “WTF” reactions are equal :pb_lol: exactly how I feel about it?

This is hysterical, and I'm mad that I didn't think of doing something like this! :pb_lol:

When I first saw this I sent it to a friend as proof that I am not a crazy cat lady. Her response was pretty much, “Just because some people are crazier doesn’t mean you’re not a crazy cat lady.” :pb_lol:

On 1/22/2018 at 11:55 AM, mango_fandango said:

I like it too, I guess, just very bizarre. The poor cat is clearly unimpressed but cats never are. 

Hey now! My cats are very impressed with themselves when they catch furry woodland creatures.

On 1/22/2018 at 2:23 PM, Kailash said:

I agree that I wouldn't have gone that far but it seems like they didn't anticipate going viral. I wonder if they have any regrets? 

Possibly the next day at work when everyone gave them funny looks. :P 

On 1/24/2018 at 1:55 AM, Local Gorilla said:

What?!?!... Everyone wants to see my cat pics?!

Well alriiiight since you guys just wont leave me alone about it, I guess u leave me no choice...

Meet... my son.

ultimate_santa_pawz.thumb.jpg.bf24ebb804efef5c732d2ccc91c3d2cc.jpg

up_all_night_3.thumb.JPG.292d16fc42a29c19f6b4e0dae374f1d0.JPGnapping_boy.thumb.JPG.73227859ea97c5ebd7cc7454b2d08732.JPG

I like to tease my gorilla-partner that sadly, he is not the biological father. And even though it is obviously just a joke, it really gets to him - sometimes he genuinely gets mad - its hilarious.

Also, he only wears sweaters if we have guests, so dont hate - I let him run around naked 99.9% of the time, I promise!

Such a beautiful boy!! Cracking up over telling gorilla partner that he’s not the biological father. :laughing-rollingred:I’ll need to keep that one in mind. My parents know they’re not the biological parents of our cats, so teasing them might not be as much fun (A few months ago I was frustrated with having to work and I asked my mom why I’m not a cat. She responded, “Because I’m not a cat.”)

I agree 100%. I’ve seen people advertise that they planned on live streaming their births. As a whole parental overshare on social media has become really ridiculous and a huge problem IMO. I think this is a fantastic in your face parody on that type of common overshare.

Before I picked up on the satire I was like WTF. Now I’m LOVING it. I hate those stupid pictures as much as anyone- one girl I know posted and said her “milk makers” were sore. Another guy I know posts nudes of his then-pregnant, now nursing wife. Really, TMI.

This is great!

• 2 weeks later...

My first thought was that these people need serious help, but then I realized that it was probably intended as a satire type joke and now I think it's funny.  When my husband's sister had her baby, first grandchild, her mom had a video camera that went everywhere with her.  I do mean everywhere, there are a lot of pictures of my SIL in labor and I honestly do believe that my MIL would have filmed the actual birth if she'd been allowed to.  When we finally, after 7 years, managed to have a baby - one of the first things we did was announce that there would be NO video cameras anywhere near me when I was in labor and certainly not for the actual birth. We also said we didn't want anyone else in the delivery room with us while I gave birth, although we did make sure my mom knew it did not mean her and we managed to not insult his mom. I get the feeling that the cat "birth story" is probably a joke about some of the people that overshare childbirth pictures.  Wonder if it's too late to recreate those pictures with my nearly 14-year old beagle?! :)

Archived