IGNORED

Couple Takes "Fur Baby" To Whole New Level

mango_fandango

I particularly love the fifth picture, the cat just looks like “wtf is my life my owners are batshit”.

WHAT THE FUCK!!!! What has been seen can't be unseen. Where's the brain bleach?

They seem to have done it as a silly, fun thing, not a serious one. It's not like they're hurting anyone.

I can’t work out if they were self aware and doing it with a sense of irony (in which case - I love) or decidedly unselfaware and taking themselves way too seriously (in which case, WTF?).

I mean, the pushing and nursing photos....... surely they can’t be for real.

Gorgeous cat (especially for a newborn)!

38 minutes ago, lilith said:

they were self aware and doing it with a sense of irony 

this is my vote...hysterically funny, really, when you go back over the photos with this perspective.  Each pic is totally on target for every Instagrammed TMI birth you've ever seen.

I like it too, I guess, just very bizarre. The poor cat is clearly unimpressed but cats never are. 

I love, love, love the little details. In some pics, the cat has a little moisture on it's facial fur, just like a very newborn baby.  Really, it's utterly brilliant satire. 

... Is she pretending to breastfeed a cat?!

... I honestly don’t even know how to respond to this...

2 hours ago, Howl said:

this is my vote...hysterically funny, really, when you go back over the photos with this perspective.  Each pic is totally on target for every Instagrammed TMI birth you've ever seen.

I’m fortunate that my Hospital (and others in the area) don’t allow photography or videography during births. I’ve been spared this experience thus far, so these photos are seriously WTF material for me. :pb_lol:

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

I love, love, love the little details. In some pics, the cat has a little moisture on it's facial fur, just like a very newborn baby. Really, it's utterly brilliant satire. 

You said it best! I hope it gets an academy award nod even though it’s not a video LOL. Maybe it can be squeezed in best effects even though Star Wars is a shoe-in for that.

Props to the cat for letting them do this, my cats would sooner eat my eyelids than let me cradle them like a newborn. Which is fine with me, I specifically rescued because they were "un-adoptable and hate people".

I feed them and they kill any creepy crawlies, and that is the extent of our relationship. :pb_lol:

21 minutes ago, AstroNot said:

feed them and they kill any creepy crawlies, and that is the extent of our relationship. :pb_lol:

The cats probably think, I have fun killing creepy crawlies and, of course, deserve good food, because me (cat stretches languidly on kitchen counter before starting to lick its butt).  It isn't even a quid pro quo, but I think, deep down, us cat people know that. 

5 hours ago, Terrie said:

They seem to have done it as a silly, fun thing, not a serious one. It's not like they're hurting anyone.

Still doesn't mean it ain't stupid. Not my type of humor I guess.

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I actually love it. It seems like they made it a parody of actual birth photography.   I think it’s a social commentary. 

Uh, no. I didn't photograph myself giving birth either. Ugh. We cat people do love them, but damn.

12 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Uh, no. I didn't photograph myself giving birth either. Ugh. We cat people do love them, but damn.

It IS bizarre but trust me, that’s exactly their point. Social commentary. It’s bizarre for me to see crotch dropping pics of everyone’s newborns clogging up my FB feed and instagram.

I am a millennial and every single flippin’ person does this now. New parents are obsessed with themselves and many are just TMI about it!

No, PLEASE I don’t need to see Kate from high school’s placenta.

No, I don’t need to see Danielle naked in that tub with her cherry faced newborn covering her chest.

No, I don’t need to see pictures of Madysyn’s turd the toilet.

Now that’s brain bleach worthy!

I really find this couple’s cat birth pics to be quite relieving.

27 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I think it's funny; they're obviously not doing it seriously. I probably wouldn't have gone quite that far with it, though. :pb_lol:

I agree that I wouldn't have gone that far but it seems like they didn't anticipate going viral. I wonder if they have any regrets? 

14 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

It IS bizarre but trust me, that’s exactly their point. Social commentary. It’s bizarre for me to see crotch dropping pics of everyone’s newborns clogging up my FB feed and instagram.

I am a millennial and every single flippin’ person does this now. New parents are obsessed with themselves and many are just TMI about it!

No, PLEASE I don’t need to see Kate from high school’s placenta.

No, I don’t need to see Danielle naked in that tub with her cherry faced newborn covering her chest.

No, I don’t need to see pictures of Madysyn’s turd the toilet.

Now that’s brain bleach worthy!

I really find this couple’s cat birth pics to be quite relieving.

Maybe the people in your circle do this, but it’s a complete exaggeration to say that every single millennial does this. I shared very little about my daughter and her birth online, mostly because I value her (and my) right to privacy. I have yet to see a single person I know personally post graphic images or videos of themselves or their partners giving birth. 

(I don’t doubt you and others have had very different experiences. It just bugs me when people make generalizations in topics like this.)

23 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I agree that I wouldn't have gone that far but it seems like they didn't anticipate going viral. I wonder if they have any regrets? 

Hmm. Why do I think that viral is exactly what they were going for?

Archived