IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

1 hour ago, crazysnark said:

I get why she is mad. IMO strangers have no business giving advice about how you parent unless the advice is asked for. Plus its not like the person who messaged her actually thought they were being helpful or she would take the advice. At that point it's just someone being annoying and she could even feel harassed. 

She was breaking the law and placing her child in a situation where just a minor tap on the breaks could have resulted in serious injury or death. If she doesn't want people to contact her to say it is unwise to violate laws and put her child in danger, she shouldn't brag about such behavior in public. 

And I think it is good that when people see parents breaking laws and putting their children in harms way they say something to the parents. 

• Upvote 20

Meh. When you choose to publicly share stuff on the Internet with the expectation of comments and interaction, it's hard for me to feel any sympathy for someone getting comments they don't like or feel attacked by. There are no rules that say only good comments allowed. Hell, that's part of FJ's history - bloggers who cried, constantly, about mean/negative comments on their damn public blogs. 

If you are going to go public, you need to make sure you have thick enough skin to take the reactions and responses of everyone, whether you like it or not. You don't have to respond to 'mean' comments, or those you disagree with. But, if you feel you must, and if you feel you should only get cheerleader comments, you should make your social media private and only allow those you know will applaud you to see it. 

I understand feeling/reacting defensively when you feel attacked. But, it's part & parcel of making your life and choices and actions and words public. 

• Upvote 13

Stupid redneck is as stupid redneck does you smug little brat. Hope your children live to 18 and then drop contact and live a normal life.

• Upvote 8

Don't call these crazy ass fools rednecks. It's an insult to us rednecks. [emoji1]

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I get why she is mad. IMO strangers have no business giving advice about how you parent unless the advice is asked for. Plus its not like the person who messaged her actually thought they were being helpful or she would take the advice. At that point it's just someone being annoying and she could even feel harassed. 

I do hope I was being helpful in reconsidering her bad decision, even if she wouldn't admit it and is defensive in her shame. When it comes to child safety, it is not advice and it is not a matter of opinion, it is the law. I reject the notion that parents can do whatever the hell they want and brag about on their public social media, I would feel irresponsible not letting her know that not everyone thinks she's as adorable and quirky as she's trying to portray herself to be. As a fellow parent I can't watch someone put their kid's life in danger like that, and I would hope that if I did something equally stupid someone would call me out too.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Don't call these crazy ass fools rednecks. It's an insult to us rednecks. emoji1.png

Yep. Even rednecks use carseats. She is just being a twit who doesn't give one shit about the safety of her children. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Don't call these crazy ass fools rednecks. It's an insult to us rednecks. emoji1.png

Fair enough. I wouldn't have used that word if she hadn't self-identified as such. But I take your point! 

Eta: Can I call her husband a pink neck? :pb_lol:

Edited by ladyamylynn
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

On 30.1.2018 at 11:23 AM, crazysnark said:

What the fuck. This is not a parenting decision. A parenting decision is whether to breast or bottle feed. It's whether to send your child to public school or private school or to homeschool them. Having your baby out of its car seat in a moving vehicle on the freeway for no reason other than comfort isn't a parenting decision, it's freaking child endangerment. It's against the law.

Edited by JillyO
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Thank you!  It's bad enough these fools get away with complete educational neglect, teaching their kids to be hateful bigots, and likely smacking the shit out of them, but flaunt their dangerous and totally illegal actions on social media. They're fucking terrible.

• Upvote 17

21 hours ago, JillyO said:

What the fuck. This is not a parenting decision. A parenting decision is whether to breast or bottle feed. It's whether to send your child to public school or private school or to homeschool them. Having your baby out of its car seat in a moving vehicle on the freeway for no reason other than comfort isn't a parenting decision, it's freaking child endangerment. It's against the law.

I didn't say it was a "parenting decision". I said getting advice from strangers that wasn't asked for. I totally agree it's dumb for her to do but i understand why she is annoyed as well. 

8 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I didn't say it was a "parenting decision". I said getting advice from strangers that wasn't asked for. I totally agree it's dumb for her to do but i understand why she is annoyed as well. 

I think the argument here is more about the word "advice" which would be people giving opinions and guidance on how to do things better, one person's preferences and philosophies over another's. But the counter argument is that this isn't a matter of opinion and suggestion, it's stating a fact and pointing out to the other parent that they are engaging in illegal and reckless behavior that puts their child in danger.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Today is Pink Morton's 23rd birthday. 

I can't get over this! It makes me giggle everytime!!

Thanks to the wonderful person who created this nickname. I don't remember exactly which awesome FJ member came up with this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Kennedy appears to have made her IG private now. 

Yep and she basically erased/blocked everyone she didn't know cause I followed her and she erased me even though I never made a comment on her IG.. Oh well keep endangering your child in privacy, Kennedy.

• Upvote 10

3 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Oh well keep endangering your child in privacy, Kennedy.

I hope that won't be the result but she's very immature & arrogant, and it doesn't seem that those around her are any better.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I noticed that some other Morton's have posted pictures today of children securely strapped into car seats. I suspect this is an FU to FJ but I don't care. I'm just happy to see those children properly protected. Now if only FJ commentary could get them to recant the whole fundie thing....

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

48 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I suspect this is an FU to FJ but I don't care.

Agree. Who cares as long as those children are safely in their car seats for the ENTIRE car ride, whether it's 10 minutes or 10 hours.

• Upvote 8

There isn't a Roberts family thread but they are good friends with the Mortons. This is not becoming fundie girl behavior....

IMG_6693.PNG

• WTF 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Not my kind of humor, but I like seeing a former SAHD being so worldly. But then again I'm thinking: How worldly did they really become? The have hipster IG accounts and dress very modern. But is any of their children actually getting a proper education? Does anybody have a real job? Especially the girls? Or is this just the same old bullshit, but without the frumpers and thrift store finds? They might be even more dangerous than they were back when they were so easy to recognize as fundies.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

Not my kind of humor, but I like seeing a former SAHD being so worldly. But then again I'm thinking: How worldly did they really become? The have hipster IG accounts and dress very modern. But is any of their children actually getting a proper education? Does anybody have a real job? Especially the girls? Or is this just the same old bullshit, but without the frumpers and thrift store finds? They might be even more dangerous than they were back when they were so easy to recognize as fundies.

It seems to have varied among the Roberts kids. Daisy works at a regular clothing store and models "Nike" clothing all the time on their insta. Norma is married to a preacher with two under two. Each seems a bit different with it.

• Upvote 4

It's  kind of hard to say with the Roberts kids. They are friends with the Bateses, the Mortons, the Johnstons, and the Smiths (that are married to the mortons). They wear very Nike clothing and don't seem to talk much about God. But who knows what they believe anymore. I'm sure they would all be happy to go to an abortion protest though...

edit because there's no such thing as an abortion forest :-/

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

The[y] have hipster IG accounts and dress very modern. But is any of their children actually getting a proper education? Does anybody have a real job? Especially the girls? Or is this just the same old bullshit, but without the frumpers and thrift store finds? They might be even more dangerous than they were back when they were so easy to recognize as fundies.

Same old hypocrisy & dishonesty, though.

They're all about "pro-life" picketing of abortion clinics while letting their babies & toddlers ride without a child safety seat in moving vehicles. They're going to be mighty surprised if when they get to heaven and see just who the Lord really looks upon favorably. Hint: it probably won't be a bunch of self-righteous asshats who pretend to be Christian.

• Upvote 13

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic