IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Addie and Nick seem to be on very different wavelengths...

Interesting. What makes you think that? I'm asking just out of curiosity, since I always thought they might be a possibility. Obviously that would have happened already if it was to happen at all.

I was just thinking Alyssa and Sam and how reckless they are with breeding. They truly are leaving it to their God, getting pregnant again only three or so months after a c-section! She's really risking her life. Do we know if she had her VBAC at hospital or at the family compound? Because I could totally see her giving birth at home.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Interesting. What makes you think that? I'm asking just out of curiosity, since I always thought they might be a possibility. Obviously that would have happened already if it was to happen at all.

I was just thinking Alyssa and Sam and how reckless they are with breeding. They truly are leaving it to their God, getting pregnant again only three or so months after a c-section! She's really risking her life. Do we know if she had her VBAC at hospital or at the family compound? Because I could totally see her giving birth at home.

Mariah posted these in December. They had the baby at a hospital in Atlanta 

C5BFDB43-26C7-4486-A3F6-A73FFAC876E1.jpeg

3FF3834E-3BED-45A6-A3C3-F9E1919761F6.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I could see Adeline and Hunter Kendall more than Nick Campana. He's much more old fashioned gentleman and Addie's style at least 

• Upvote 2

Edwin is 17 and his birthday is in February, so only months younger than Gabriella. What do we know about his personality, though?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, albireo said:

Edwin is 17 and his birthday is in February, so only months younger than Gabriella. What do we know about his personality, though?

His Instagram is private, therefore very little. I like his name though. If I had another boy I would name him Edwin. 

14 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I could see Alyssa giving birth at home in another few babies, but not this year or next. She doesn't seem averse to modern medicine in general. She was hospitalized a few years ago to check for pneumonia symptoms while battling a bad cold, and her siblings routinely go to the hospital due to injury or illness. Quite a lot of it is stuff that the Merry Mortons would have treated at home, particularly things that could be fixed with surgical staples or stitches. Kennedy strikes me as a candidate for a renegade home birth, though. Despite her difficulties last time.

It's hard to qualify why the match between Nick and Addie seems so unlikely to me, other than to say that they just seem to have very different personalities. I follow both Nick and Adeline on social media, and other than their politics (which I'm sure they share 100%), and that they both completely failed to finish a Whole30 last year, they don't have much in common. Addie seems to revel in a slower pace of life, contrived southern gentility, and romantic escapism. She enjoys being surrounded by younger kids, little treats and vacations, and home decorating. Nick comes across as independent, disdainful of domesticity, and kind of coarse. He celebrates being loud and confrontational, and spends a lot of time making late-night trips all over Florida for his landscaping business. He's clearly a hard worker, but I don't think he would have a lot of patience for someone who moves at Adeline's preferred pace. 

Other than that, there's the general pattern of communication between them. Both families fully follow each other on social media. and some interact more affectionately than others. Addie and Nick just don't seem to put much more than basic effort into communicating with each other. Then there's the subtle hints that Nick has (or had) someone special in his life earlier this year, resulting in a flurry of instagram stories featuring sentimental country songs. None of it seemed directed at Addie, and she didn't respond to any of it in the usual way the women of her tribe react to basic displays of acknowledgement by their menfolk.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

He's clearly a hard worker, but I don't think he would have a lot of patience for someone who moves at Adeline's preferred pace

I don't follow either of these two and have no comments whether or not they are a match simply because I don't know enough about how they interact. However I don't know that a slower pace of life looking after young children is Addie's choice. What could she do in her situation with her fundie family? Could she make raucous trips? No. Could she go out and have adventures? No. Could she get a job and move around? No. She gets to help looking after children, her parents and the only pleasures available to her are the small ones that come up in the context of regular life. She could very well just be making the best of things or perhaps putting a brave face on things. 

• I Agree 1

The Johnston’s are good friends with the Campanas (and Morton’s and Roberts’s) so I suppose Nick could get together with Charity or Anna. 

10 hours ago, browngrl said:

I don't follow either of these two and have no comments whether or not they are a match simply because I don't know enough about how they interact. However I don't know that a slower pace of life looking after young children is Addie's choice. What could she do in her situation with her fundie family? Could she make raucous trips? No. Could she go out and have adventures? No. Could she get a job and move around? No. She gets to help looking after children, her parents and the only pleasures available to her are the small ones that come up in the context of regular life. She could very well just be making the best of things or perhaps putting a brave face on things. 

There are rowdier, more active women in that family though. Addie is not a get her hands dirty kind of girl like Martha or Dorothy who remind me of typical farm/country girls barefoot gardening and helping with home chores. Or even Kennedy the marathon runner who has a good bit of sass. 

She's very fussy and frilly - beyond what's required of her for her gender in their culture. In fact most of the smorton ladies are a bit more get dirty and do things types or have had to be because of farm life. Addie seems just very naturally preppy like j crew vs Urban outfitters 

• Upvote 5

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:24 AM, SolomonFundy said:

Addie and Nick seem to be on very different wavelengths.

I would definitely agree on this. From what I see on Insta, they seem like they have completely different personalities and interests. 

22 hours ago, ophelia said:

I thought Gabriella and Edwin could be a possible match, but maybe I'm wrong. 

I kind of think Gabby will go for someone older (like, maybe 5+ years older) if she has the chance. Edwin is a bit of a dark horse due to his youth, and general lack of social media presence. He and Dorothy seemed to have a special bond due to the shared birthday, so it's possible he shares elements of her earthy, practical personality. (Or at least, that's what it seems to be! Hard to diagnose by third-degree instagram posts.)

Gracia strikes me as a gentle soul, and I could see her growing up to have Alyssa's passive temperament. If there's another Campana/Morton union, my money is on Gracia and Edwin.

Does anybody else think Campbell's recent post is borderline racy for a fundie? Combing the Song of Songs for quotes? "Our bed is verdant"? :pb_wink: :dance:

Posted in the baby thread as well, but Kennedy delivered her daughter this evening. The baby was born late on Friday night, and appears healthy. No clue on the name yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, JillyO said:

Any indication if she was able to have a VBAC?

Addie posted a picture of Andrew waiting outside of the delivery room so maybe a c-section again?

Edited by HermioneSparrow

6 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Um...

image.thumb.png.ce4e33a2a8e17c913841a70cf97c8a88.png

OMG,what?! Are they clueless, ignorant, or racist? WTH? 

19 hours ago, JillyO said:

Any indication if she was able to have a VBAC?

I’m observing head molding indicative of baby’s head spending some time in the birth canal, so it’s possible she did have a VBAC. It’s also possible that it was c-section if the baby did not progress and had to come out another way. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, dramallama said:

Um...

image.thumb.png.ce4e33a2a8e17c913841a70cf97c8a88.png

Maybe gently ribbing him for how blond he is? Sounds like the kind of joke people I know would make, and we are not fundies. The Campanas are certainly not stereotypically Aryan.

Edited by albireo
riffles
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, albireo said:

Maybe gently ribbing him for how blond he is? Sounds like the kind of joke people I know would make, and we are not fundies. The Campanas are certainly not stereotypically Aryan.

Possible I'm reading too much into it because of  RAH RAH CONFEDERACY posts on that person's IG and the Morton history of the same, it just jumped out at me.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Campbell’s sister Daisy has set up a GFM so she can go to some 3 month program in Atlanta to learn about ministry. She is also selling a bunch of her clothing and shoes. 

I am pretty annoyed by this. Maybe she should take out a loan like everyone else trying to educate themselves further. And most of her clothing and shoes she is selling says something like “worn once” or “worn for 2 hours.” WTF? Maybe you would have money for this three month gig if you didn’t spend money on clothing you wear for a few hours! I hope she gets practically no donations so she has to get a fucking job like everyone else. These unmarried fundie girls aren’t all SAHDs caring for younger siblings all day. Some are entitled little princesses that make me roll my eyes out of my head. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16

55 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Campbell’s sister Daisy has set up a GFM so she can go to some 3 month program in Atlanta to learn about ministry. She is also selling a bunch of her clothing and shoes. 

I am pretty annoyed by this. Maybe she should take out a loan like everyone else trying to educate themselves further. And most of her clothing and shoes she is selling says something like “worn once” or “worn for 2 hours.” WTF? Maybe you would have money for this three month gig if you didn’t spend money on clothing you wear for a few hours! I hope she gets practically no donations so she has to get a fucking job like everyone else. These unmarried fundie girls aren’t all SAHDs caring for younger siblings all day. Some are entitled little princesses that make me roll my eyes out of my head. 

Daisy works at a clothing boutique, and was a model for their insta for awhile. Probably got the clothes at a discount/in exchange for the pictures.  She apparently has a roommate now too based on a couple comments she's made. She's a spoiled princess but she's no SAHD now. TBH, with the money the Roberts kids spend I can't imagine how they do it. Even working, it's not like they've got one or two young adults to prop up. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Daisy works at a clothing boutique, and was a model for their insta for awhile. Probably got the clothes at a discount/in exchange for the pictures.  She apparently has a roommate now too based on a couple comments she's made. She's a spoiled princess but she's no SAHD now. TBH, with the money the Roberts kids spend I can't imagine how they do it. Even working, it's not like they've got one or two young adults to prop up. 

Then why is she starting a GFM? And I can’t imagine her job will let her leave for 3 months and have a job still when she comes back. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Then why is she starting a GFM? And I can’t imagine her job will let her leave for 3 months and have a job still when she comes back. 

I don't think the Roberts kids have ever been expected to grow up and follow through with stuff so my guess is she's going to quit to do this and then move on to the next thing.  As the only single older Roberts kids (I think), she also might be hunting for her Mr. Christian right. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/7/2018 at 11:17 AM, Bethella said:

According the FAA none of the Morton men have pilot's licenses. Could he have gone with her because of a courtship?

" Badges? Pilot's licenses?  We ain't got no badges pilot's licenses. We don't need no badges pilot's licenses. I don't have to show you any stinking badges pilot's licenses."

From this summary of the book it's clear that Dorothy really married up when she became a Sanders.

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic