IGNORED

Mortons: A new year of Marryin', Birthin', and Writin'

SolomonFundy

I am not at all surprised the Mortons are Trump folk. They are just like him: go on  about Jesus but not for one second do they try and embody even a tiny fraction of the generosity, kindness or compassion of Jesus. Like Trump they are all show. Go past the Pinterest-y pictures and it is all mean spirited nasty beliefs. Like Trump they have little education and none of them seem even slightly inclined to bother with trying to improve. Like Trump, I'll bet the lot of them are bullies. There was an old song from the 80's that had the line "she aint pretty, she just looks that way" .  That's the Mortons: they might look pretty but they are NOT.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

Fundies can’t function without a domineering, narcissistic old man to follow worshipfully, and since the DPIATs and Sprouls of the world are in decline, Trump is temporarily filling that role.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I will never understand how true Christians can reconcile an self confessed sexual assaulter and adulterer in a position of power and condone it. 

Vile. Completely and utterly vile. No matter your politics or political party. Vile.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

They may wear pants now but they still believe a woman's only place is birthing as many future Republican voters as possible and they still want the government to force everyone to live and worship exactly as they do.  They're fascist theocratic scum with a pretty bow on top.

Edited by dramallama
  • Upvote 17
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, dramallama said:

They may wear pants now but they still believe a woman's only place is birthing as many future Republican voters as possible and they still want the government to force everyone to live and worship exactly as they do.  They're fascist theocratic scum with a pretty  bow  MAGA hat on top.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

Typical evangelical hypocricy. They don't do the bible or god or jesus. They do hatred, bigotry, misogyny, selfishness & wanting to control others, but they don't do anything any jesus did. 

One of the biggest mysteries in the world to me right now is the overwhelming Oompa Loompa support from evangelicals. He is a cheater, in all walks of life. He's had e wives. He's screwed anything that would let him. He lies every time he opens his mouth. He gives lip service to his "faith" but anyone with a brain knows it's transparant base manipulating. And they fall for it. He's a con man through and through and they let themselves be conned.

If they base their support on him because of anti abortion BS, that's a falacy too; the orange one has done nothing on the matter and there are actually stories, although not proven that I know of but come on, it's him, that he wanted his last son aborted & he "allowed" Melania to have him if she got her body back and a host of other typical orange drama. 

There is nothing at all about him that is moral or upstanding or worthy of the adoration his cult members give him. 

Kind of proves my religion theory though. Cults. Something to take advantage of those willing to be taken advantage of. Preying on those looking for "answers" because they can't live without them. 

In the end though they're all racist bigots who want to take women and this country back to the middle ages. And they latched onto each other and put the entire democratic republic experiement that is the United States at risk of being blown up from the inside. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

One of the biggest mysteries in the world to me right now is the overwhelming Oompa Loompa support from evangelicals.

I think it's fairly simple. He preaches white supremacy and anti-intellectualism, and those, far more than any particular teaching of Christ, have always been the twin pillars of a large section of white evangelical Christianity.  He's half crooked televangelist, half Klansman, and who's more emblematic of the Christian right than either of those figures?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Another difficult birth for Rachel and a newborn that starts its life with heavy medical support. Maybe this could be some kind of wake-up call for them? I doubt it, but I still hope that my might stop having children.

• Upvote 3

And isn't ironic that they vote for the very people who would deny health care to this country as they continually have high risk pregnancy after high risk pregnancy? The party that doesn't believe in science as science saved your baby not your God. ( I do believe God gives people gifts and is worked through them.) Their hypocrisy drives me batty.

One of these days there will not be a good outcome for mother or baby.  Then what will they do?

• Upvote 11

30 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

One of these days there will not be a good outcome for mother or baby.  Then what will they do?

Blame it on gay people, women who have abortions, democrats, immigrants, whatever. As long as they don't have to take responsibility for their actions and there is someone else to blame they'll be fine.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

Another difficult birth for Rachel and a newborn that starts its life with heavy medical support. Maybe this could be some kind of wake-up call for them? I doubt it, but I still hope that my might stop having children.

Nope. Because god. God healed him. God saved him cuz everyone cried out to him in prayer.

No medicine. No doctors or nurses. No technology. Just god. 

They believe (or claim to believe) their god heals those who are worthy and because of that, and their sense of great worthiness, they'll just keep making babies and using modern medicine & science to keep that kid alive,. Never once thinking that their claim their god "gives" them babies but maybe god's will was that baby doesn't make it - god saved that baby, but had absolutely no part in his birth or health issues in the first place. 

I do not mean to say that baby boy should not have survived - it's not his fault he has fanatics for parents. I am glad that every measure was taken to save his life. I'm just saying that fanatics don't use their brains; they turned them off long ago and it's all god all the time and they are not responsible for anything, only god, and science is not saving anyone's lives, only god. 

• Upvote 11

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic