IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

I never put my hair up for cooking -- it's between my chin and shoulders and while I can put it up if absolutely necessary, it's a ton of work and ruins the shape of my hair if I want to wear it down again before washing it. Curly/frizzy hair doesn't respond well to being touched/messed with. 

I never notice hair in my food, either, but it wouldn't really bother me if I found one.  I mean, my hair is relatively clean and it's just my own body -- I think the grossness of finding a hair in your food at a restaurant is that you don't know whose hair it is or how clean they are.  Are people more concerned about longer hair than hair my length?  I'm curious about why that would make a difference. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be a little late to the conversation but geese make delicious jerky.  Since they are generally evil I don't feel bad about it all.

Why would Jessa's kids be hanging with the school aged kids during their school day or lessons? Or are we assuming that they were all just playing at  the TTH?

These people may as well live in a commune- just add 5 more TTH to the current structure and call it a day. Maybe JB can open a home church and become Gothard 2 or Gothard South.

No one leaves or cleaves for the long haul. Maybe Jinger will be the first???? Let's watch and see how she adapts once that dependent baby makes its appearance.

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Why would Jessa's kids be hanging with the school aged kids during their school day or lessons? Or are we assuming that they were all just playing at  the TTH?

These people may as well live in a commune- just add 5 more TTH to the current structure and call it a day. Maybe JB can open a home church and become Gothard 2 or Gothard South.

No one leaves or cleaves for the long haul. Maybe Jinger will be the first???? Let's watch and see how she adapts once that dependent baby makes its appearance.

a total commune.  Jessa brings the kids to the TTH and the "cousins" teach them along with the other "kids" 

I think the spelling and drawings are Our Gang style adorable.

Spoiler

f75c0417aaf3375381f439f76295f93f.jpg

Spurgeon is just flat-out adorable.  And smart.  Makes me sad to think what he'll probably end up growing to be.

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think that was the original plan. I remember JB saying They have 20 acres - one for each kid to build on.

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe JB can open a home church and become Gothard 2 or Gothard South.

I thought they already had a home church?  IIRC in one of the early specials just after they built the house, or when they were building the house they had something about them having church at home and sometimes there are other people there.  They do services in their lounge room or something amongst the family, occassionally there were other people there.

Anna commented on Twitter yesterday that Kenzye and Michael were giving Meredith and Spurgeon 'lessons' and that she needed to work on spelling 'with hers'  

It seems that Michelle might be the only Duggar fundie who actually had to parent multiple kids all on her own...well, at least until the laundry fairy and TLC came knocking on the ranch home door.

So on a week day, the 2 oldest Ms, who should be having some form of adult lead formal education, were entertaining and educating toddlers? Maybe this was part of : watch one, do one, teach one lesson?

If raising your parents' kids didn't make an impression on you (maybe it did on Jana), these fundie Duggars will never get it, because they won't have to. There will always be some younger girl to entertain and parent one's kids. 

Please Rufus, BOYS only for these folks, from here on out.

10 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I’m really confused over all the fuss over this. 

me too! There's literally no evidence that Mac and Michael are being forced to take actual responsibility for the care and education of a couple of toddlers - it's supposition based on a much larger family one generation removed. 

I don't see why this is not just a couple of 8-6 year olds playing with their cousin and sister! Lots of little kids set up 'schools' like this; granted the Ms are acting out what they see at SOTDRT, but there's hardly a kid in the world who hasn't played teacher at some point. The spelling is perfectly reasonable for children their age, and they must have done a good job if Spurgeon can voluntarity and enthusiastically recite what he learnt.

I loathe the Duggars' views, I regret that smart little Spurgeon will probably not receive a high standard of education, and I absolutely hate it when we see evidence of the little girls becoming sister/aunt-moms or being praised for loving babies above all else. But I can't let that colour my view of every single thing they do, especially the kids. I do read this as small children playing, and giving positive attention to their cousin.

(PS - also loving that Henry is playing with a DOLLS HOUSE. Which has PINK BITS.

I gave my sister a dolls house a few years ago when she was 3; little boys her age would always make a beeline for it. They were the children of pretty hip, liberal parents but although they clearly enjoyed playing with the dolls and setting up little domestic scenes like mealtimes, bedtime, washing up, not ONE of them had a dolls house of his own. I thought that was so sad they were being steered away from that so young - same as the derision my cousin expressed when his wife bought their son a toy pushchair. Like he literally sees his father pushing a baby in a pushchair ev.er.y. day. What is so unmasculine about wanting to emulate it?

...I don't know if this dolls house belongs to Jessa and Ben - could be at the Ms? I don't know where a whiteboard would be in Benessa's house - but I'm glad Jessa is letting her son play with it.)

17 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

...I don't know if this dolls house belongs to Jessa and Ben - could be at the Ms? I don't know where a whiteboard would be in Benessa's house - but I'm glad Jessa is letting her son play with it.)

I just assumed they were all at the TTH

I don't think this video deserves a fuss about the spelling or the jump to the conclusion that Mack/Michael are even guest lecturers at the SOTDRT. I think they're just playing school.

I know the Sister Moms were a real thing but they're not going to make Anna's 8 year old and 6 year old be responsible for the education of the other kids when they can have 12 year old Johannah around to do it. :pb_lol: (Note: not actually serious here. Didn't they bring in some girl Jana's age to help around the house after Jill and Jessa left? That's probably who is doing the teaching)

Jessa used to be in charge of the home schooling so I imagine she will take on home schooling her own kids when they are school aged. I like that she and Ben have provided educational toys for their kids and encourage learning. Anna, took some ECE courses before she married Josh and the board looks like she is on track for primary geometry. I wish more fundies took ECE classes while they wait for their Prince Charmings. Lord knows, they are all going to homeschool. It would be nice to have some educational theory and strategies other than just workbooks and computer modules. Still hoping that Jessa joins a Homeschool Co-op when the kids are older...

People are overreacting about Michael and Mackynzie spelling shapes wrong, they were playing with their little cousin's not educating them.

28 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

People are overreacting about Michael and Mackynzie spelling shapes wrong, they were playing with their little cousin's not educating them.

Exactly. I used to play teacher all the time as a kid (though I was crazy good at spelling and prided myself on it). I would give my sister Fs on her "tests" and put her in "study hall". Then she'd throw stuff at me. We also played "CEO" where she was my secretary and then she'd get fed up and "kill" me and become the new CEO. This was how we thought life worked. 

I think we can say that there might be a personality difference between Henry and Spurgeon.

Spurgeon is the cutest offspring of the Duggars! I'm not even really one to fawn over babies but he just has that cute look with the curly hair. Henry is turning out adorably too. Even though I definitely think Jessa is going to announce the third pregnancy really soon, I still really hope that she and Ben will stop at a reasonable number of kids. I have no reason to think they will, but for the sake of the two cute kids she already has, I hope they don't get lost in the shuffle as one of seventeen kids.

All I see when I look at Spurge is Jim Bob, that completely ruins everything. Especially in that overalls photo with the side part. 

On 1/25/2018 at 2:20 PM, lumpentheologie said:

Are people more concerned about longer hair than hair my length?  I'm curious about why that would make a difference. 

Speaking for myself, I just have a thing with all loose hairs.  And fingernail clippings. 

I can't stand watching the cooking shows on TV when people don't have their hair covered or tied back.  Just so unsanitary to me.  It would surely be against public health codes.  You have to wear a hair net or some kind of protection when you are cooking at a restaurant.  Also, on those shows (like Top Chef) you can often see their sweat dripping from their foreheads right into their cooking.  :my_sick:

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think out of all the J'Slaves, Jessa is probably going to be the best homeschooler. 

oh I get the train continues because the olders are teaching the youngers. 

they never have to leave the TTH 

I just assumed that while everyone is in NZ, Jessa and Anna and kids took over the house for the time being. Must be lovely: a lot of space, nobody around, lots of toys. Mini vacation for them too. 

Also I assume all the older girls stayed home in case Joy goes into labour early.  

I noticed in Jessas Instagram story today that they appear to be traveling.

If you look in the background behind Henry, you'll see it's a high rise building (so not their home or any of their families homes that we know of).

Screenshot_2018-01-28-15-37-51.thumb.png.6a1e739480b4762f42d09a894639e304.png

The Duggar aviation thread shows some flights around Texas. Some is explained by the wedding the Dillard's attended, but the Seewalds may also be moving too.

The plane is currently in Laredo, so lucky Jinger might have her best friend and midwive there to teach her perfect back arching for bump enhancing techniques!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived