IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, Meggo said:

(and will always strive to adopt black pets since they don't get adopted as quickly)

I have two black kitties, a boy and a girl. The girl is so chill--before we decided to keep her (rescued barn litter of 5, all girls), her name was Zen, because she was the least needy and most friendly. I would come into the kitten room, and she would climb up my leg. Unlike the others, she never acted feral. When we did decide she was ours, I changed her name to Moxie, because she's also super spunky. She enjoys being held like a baby, yelling at us to turn on a drip in the bathtub faucet, and getting the zoomies when we scratch her butt.

She will be 8 years old in April, but she's still my kitten. I wish she'd live forever. 10/10 would have another black female cat.

Unfortunately, she's also difficult to photograph, but I have a few bad pictures of her and our other black kitty (Mystery) in a moment of "you're sleeping on my blanket, so I will sleep on your butt." (She was the jerk sleeping on his blanket.)

IMG_20161212_124027.jpg

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, Texas Heifer said:

she's also difficult to photograph

I have SO many horrible photos of Max. Black cats are definitely the hardest to photograph! lol

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have SO many horrible photos of Max. Black cats are definitely the hardest to photograph! lol

Same with black dogs with a lot of fur.  If they have dark eyes, you can’t tell which end is which in photos!

I miss having a cat (found out I'm allergic). So these two keep me on my toes. 

20171208_064355.jpg

About two years ago we found a tiny little black six-toed (on three feet) kitten crying outside our house. We think someone must have abandoned him because we don't know how else he would have ended up there alone. He came right to me and once I brought him inside he curled up on my shoulder and started snoring. He was still little enough that he would search around in my hair for somewhere to nurse. Within a day he went from scared and barely moving to running around the house.

We couldn't keep another cat so we posted on craigslist looking for someone to take him. Almost immediately we got several interested responses and we ended up giving him to a woman who had a couple other cats, an excellent recommendation from the vet she used, and who had always wanted a six-toed cat. She still sends us updates and he has turned into quite the sleek, handsome fellow.

Here he is as a kitten:

gr13Btj.jpg

O4Wkd5N.jpg

PXEeRaP.jpg

Kitties!!  :my_heart: And puppies!  I'm a cat girl.  I like doggies, but have never had one.  I am probably too lazy to have a dog. 

My girl has been gone for two years and I still miss her like crazy. 

IMG_20150525_091415.jpg

11 hours ago, sta_sha said:

I've had a rough few weeks. Between this thread and the thread drift on perfume, FJ has consistently been something that makes me smile. Thanks all!:group-hug: 

Couldn't agree more!

animals >humans 

13 hours ago, sta_sha said:

I've had a rough few weeks. Between this thread and the thread drift on perfume, FJ has consistently been something that makes me smile. Thanks all!:group-hug: 

:my_heart:

13 hours ago, Threff said:

I mostly lurk, but have been inspired by all the cat-love. And dog-love. Here is ours, looking soggy (hence the tea towel), and wistful.

8424DB6A-4C84-4080-9485-D4E821DBB135.jpeg

Pretty kitty, s/he reminds me of our 1st cat Layla, she was the sweetest, mellowest purriest cat we've had.  She went into kidney failure about 3 years ago and we had to put her down. :(  We still miss her. 

We just got a new cat headship 2 months ago (the gray cat). She was a stray and has a lot of triggers for her skittishess. It's been lovely to see her inner regal empress of the universe persona begin to come out as she relaxes into having a safe permanent home. She's got a lot of royal protocols we must follow (ex. petting may only begin with a chin scratch).

Our previous cat, Lily, was a patchy tuxedo cat. She was the best cat. Very social, loyal, and sweet but also fiesty and a bit finicky. Originally my husband's cat, we bonded because I worked from home. I'm really glad I was able to be around during the last year especially, when she got sick (she was 18). We miss her! 

20171222_102306.jpg

20170606_110949.jpg

1 hour ago, Shadoewolf said:

Can't find the edit button. My boys are hanging by the heat vent! Mage on the left, Smokey on the right.

20180115_053629.jpg

Just an FYI: The "edit" button goes away after a certain amount of time. If I'm not mistaken, you have 10 minutes to edit posts. Hope this helps.

This thread is making me want to get a pet but I can't until I move into my own house. 

I currently don't have any pets because my landlord doesn't allow them, but my roommates and I had a cat for our last year of undergrad.  Riri was so cute and goofy and evil a lot of the time, but I still love her and miss her!  She's with one of my former roommates now (we all went off to different grad schools) and I haven't gotten the chance to visit them :tw_cry:

Pictures under the spoiler

Spoiler

e4da0d1caf82691bc687fb959317224e.png8a7a9a7bcf60e619d1c8aeebaa1c0e93.png

Jessa hasn't posted on Instagram for two weeks and I read some speculation here that JD took the Seewalds to Laredo to visit the Vuolos. Something must be up :kitty-shifty: 

24 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

Jessa hasn't posted on Instagram for two weeks and I read some speculation here that JD took the Seewalds to Laredo to visit the Vuolos. Something must be up :kitty-shifty: 

They were quiet before Joseph and then Jinger announced both their pregnancies....But is Jessa's third announcement going to be as huge as the 1st child announcement of the other two? Not to discount a child or the family's excitement, but as public figures, I think the excitement wanes - for the public at least. Like, we get it. Yall get pregnant. More babies for your cult.

It’s going to be the first Duggar daughter to have a girl and particularly the first to have multiples to get them bigger attention again. 

Well, then Jessa better start growing some identical triplet daughters in that uterus to keep the masses interested... 

Was it Jessa or Jill who would be like “Maybe it’s twins!” at the beginning of every pregnancy?

8 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Was it Jessa or Jill who would be like “Maybe it’s twins!” at the beginning of every pregnancy?

Jessa. It was definitely Jessa who tried to keep the "multiple" jokes going. And i'm already tired of the next batch that she does LOL

5 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

Well, then Jessa better start growing some identical triplet daughters in that uterus to keep the masses interested... 

Jessa would frequently encourage twin speculation during her pregnancy with Spurgeon.

It would be pretty cute if both Jinger and Jessa were pregnant with girls at the same time.  Abhorrent beliefs etc., but those two went through a lot I think in that house, and I have a soft-spot for their bond and for the way that after getting out herself, Jessa worked to see that Jinger was also introduced to someone and then seemed to fiercely defend Jinger's new boundaries.  They may be crap Christians who prefer to judge and restrict rather than love, but they are really excellent sisters to each other.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived