IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, Plexus31Wife said:

None of the above, my good friend. My insider sources have confirmed that the opening episode of the next season will feature the betrothal ceremony of Spurgeon Elliot Seewald and Kaci Lynn Bates. (Originally the children's grandparents had planned to match Israel David Dillard with Kaci, but due to the Dillards' removal from the show, the girl was chattled to a new, PR-friendlier future husband.)

My sources tell me that Spurgeon will attempt to give Kaci a promise ring (actually a sour key), but she will mistake the ring for candy and promptly eat it off of her finger. Spurgeon's parents will laugh for the camera but secretly question if this girl is disciplined enough to be a good wife for their firstborn.

The betrothal will end quietly a few months later, but not until after half of the gifts are bought for the eventually-to-be couple on their Macy's registry. 

That will upset JRod:TrainWreckMotion:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our geese walk across the street on a major street and people just let them walk by without driving over them.  some motorists actually get out of the car and shooo them 

We have so many geese around here.  I live behind the grounds of my town’s high school and middle school and entire flocks of geese hang out there, pooping on everything.  We like to walk our dogs there but sometimes it can be like navigating a mine field.

Canada Geese are nasty creatures. We have a walking path outside my office (in a suburban office park). it's always covered with goose shit from those wastes of oxygen. HATE THEM.

I currently work at an office building that is literally surrounded by lakes, trees, foot bridges and walking paths. It sounds like it should be pretty, but in the summer (the only time of year I voluntarily wander outside) it's a no-go zone due to Canada Geese. They nest on the buildings ledges (one coworker had one jump down and land on top of him, he was flattened), poop all over the walking paths, and like to sit on the bridge railings and menace passers by. If you're foolish enough to try to walk across a bridge they've colonized, odds are good they will attack. There have been several instances of people being chased down the paths by vexed geese (my boss was chased into the water lmao), and many have been bruised and battered by geese on the bridges, and one case where a woman who didn't want to take the long way around (was late for a meeting) headed across a bridge and a goose took exception. Its wing flap broke her arm. When there are babies around, it's even worse. There's a theory that says all of the rage Canadians feel is somehow magically absorbed and expressed by the Rage Geese. I can't help but feel there may be something to that idea.

10 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

There's a theory that says all of the rage Canadians feel is somehow magically absorbed and expressed by the Rage Geese. I can't help but feel there may be something to that idea.

Canada has many angry animals - moose are not to be effed with either.  We must be a very internally angry people (and feel very sorry for it).

(And Canadian Geese are badasses, they also bring down planes)!

31 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Canadian Geese

Canada Geese*

(Sorry - one of my pet peeves.... lol)

11 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Canada Geese are nasty creatures. We have a walking path outside my office (in a suburban office park). it's always covered with goose shit from those wastes of oxygen. HATE THEM.

I had one bite me - they are MEAN.

37 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Canada Geese*

(Sorry - one of my pet peeves.... lol)

Sorry for offending.

I will say however, that all geese are pretty mean, therefore by association, my statement was correct.  ;)

We live right downtown and get geese here in the Spring, they hang out in the middle of the road and on street corners. At first it was hilarious, but then a super territorial mama goose made her home on the corner across from our apartment and every time we walked by with May Pup she would start honking and flapping and snapping at him. 

It became annoying fast. 

I will say they are really beautiful when they aren't pooping all over or harassing people. 

We have geese but my area is very populated, and they know to stay on away from where people are so they don't get run over by a car. 

My neighborhood has 3 very aggressive turkeys who like to chase people and try to eat tires.  When I was in high school one of them decided to hang out at the bottom of our driveway. I was afraid to pass him so I skipped school, and when my mom came home 6 hours later she had to wait 30 minutes for him to leave so she could pull into the garage (we were afraid he would come inside if we opened the door with him there). Honking, my car alarm, and my barking dog did nothing to make him move. Birds really run the world :pb_lol:

One of my favorite things to do, is bird watch. Have seen so many geese last summer and fall like never before.

Sadly though, 60 geese ended up shot and killed a couple of months ago. It makes me upset. 

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

Birds really run the world :pb_lol:

Don't tell my oldest Cat that, he would scornfully disagree with you :P 

From top to bottom...Oliver Underfoot, Pippin the Brave, and our girl Mollie, in her younger years. She was 14 when we lost her to liver cancer this past November.

IMG_20140215_032217.jpg

IMG_20140215_025257.jpg

photo_0023.jpg

Jessa really needs to take more social media breaks. This whole pet thread drift has been infinitely more entertaining than anything she could possibly post about her adorable kids (Sorry, not sorry Spurgeon and Henry - you’re cute, but not furry animal level cute and the furry animals aren’t likely to start preaching about Jesus to me without warning.)

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Jessa really needs to take more social media breaks. This whole pet thread drift has been infinitely more entertaining than anything she could possibly post about her adorable kids (Sorry, not sorry Spurgeon and Henry - you’re cute, but not furry animal level cute and the furry animals aren’t likely to start preaching about Jesus to me without warning.)

I second this! I never knew this group has so many stinkin' cute pets!! I've loved everybody's pictures!

Not sure if I should send myself to the prayer closet for admitting this, but after trolling youtube last week because, insomnia. I found this recipe Jessa shared.  It sounded good so I made it last night with 1 modification, I made it with green beans instead of huge onion chunks, and damn if it wasn't super tasty. Even DD who hates sweet potatoes thought they were really good.  I'm always looking for easy one pan meals to throw in the oven on the stove to cook. I'll be doing this one again, though I will cook the veggies for about 15/20 minutes and then add the ground beef and finish cooking it, next time.   

Sadly, I just watched that video (the recipe does look good).

So grossed out by the long hair not tied-back while cooking. 

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Not sure if I should send myself to the prayer closet for admitting this, but after trolling youtube last week because, insomnia. I found this recipe Jessa shared.  It sounded good so I made it last night with 1 modification, I made it with green beans instead of huge onion chunks, and damn if it wasn't super tasty. Even DD who hates sweet potatoes thought they were really good.  I'm always looking for easy one pan meals to throw in the oven on the stove to cook. I'll be doing this one again, though I will cook the veggies for about 15/20 minutes and then add the ground beef and finish cooking it, next time.   

The married Duggar's and the Bateses have expanded their cooking skills and tastes since leaving home. They were never encouraged to try new foods so even just making one or two new dishes is progress for them.  

What’s the point of experimenting with recipes or trying to always make new ones when 25 other peoples tastes have to satisfied and half  of them being small kids probably will act like most small kids with new food such as be picky, refuse to eat and whine so the time and food gets wasted? And JB and his cheapness would not allow them to be creative with spices and ingredients anyway. 

So if I'm cooking for people other than me and my husband I tie my hair up(especially now I have post partum hair loss, which I hate :annoyed:). .. if it's just us I just let it go. It that unusual?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived