IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

10 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

When my nephew was around two or three years old, we were having big time plumbing issues so called a plumber to come and check it out.  The plumber crashed, banged around and tore out pipes, and then we heard him laughing his head off.  He came up from the basement and said "Here's your problem", and in his heavily gloved hand showed us G.I. Joe, covered in extremely unpleasant substances, who apparently my nephew  had sent on a particulary onerous tour of duty.

My FIL once had to removed the toilet to get out the light bulb that my husband had shoved in the toilet and it had wedged itself perfectly to not be able to get it out without breaking it.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, karen77 said:

My FIL once had to removed the toilet to get out the light bulb that my husband had shoved in the toilet and it had wedged itself perfectly to not be able to get it out without breaking it.

Took me a second to realize you prooooobably meant your husband did this when he was a kid? But it was funnier the way I first pictured it. :lol:

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

My cousins once played bank... naturally  they shoved pennies in the VCR. 

There are worse things they could have put in it:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Took me a second to realize you prooooobably meant your husband did this when he was a kid? But it was funnier the way I first pictured it. :lol:

Nah, it was about 2 years ago!! (I jest, yes, when he was probably 3 or 4)

Those grunts must mean that walking is tough for Henry. He seems so proud of himself though! 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:
Those grunts must mean that walking is tough for Henry. He seems so proud of himself though! 

He's SO adorable, I can't stand it. Jessa and Ben really seem to make those boys happy. I truly hope it stays that way.

Baby Quinn used to love playing with the metal door stoppers (like below) in our apartment. This was before he could crawl and he'd roll over to them and flick them up and down and laugh. I thought it was adorable and let him do it, then one day as he was playing with it he turned towards me and smiled and he had the white rubber tip in his mouth. Had to stop after that. :pb_lol: 

SH-A1124_small.jpg

My son (14 mos) loves our phones. Husband bought him a bricked iPhone for like $10-20 bucks off ebay and a little case for it so he could sling it around, drop it, bite it, and abuse it as much as he wants and it's already dead as a doornail so no harm done. When he wants ours, we try to go get his and give him that one instead. 

I’m really, really not a morning person and I have let Miniway play with my phone in bed since he was very little. Anything for an extra half hour of sleep. He also gets it when he gets cranky if we’re out eating or I don’t want him to fall asleep in the car. The phone does have a crack in the screen from a time when he dropped it. But to be fair I have dropped it so many more times then him without it breaking so that was just unlucky. He did once call a woman I work with at 7am and that was embarrasing but she has small kids so she was both awake and understanding. He has also shared a couple of episodes of Ben and Hollys little kingdom on my Facebook but I find that hilarious. :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Baby Quinn used to love playing with the metal door stoppers (like below) in our apartment. This was before he could crawl and he'd roll over to them and flick them up and down and laugh. I thought it was adorable and let him do it, then one day as he was playing with it he turned towards me and smiled and he had the white rubber tip in his mouth. Had to stop after that. :pb_lol: 

well tori roloff's son is after theirs :D

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I looooove Henry. This video made my cold childfree heart grow three sizes. I actually got teary.

Jessa seems to be making up for lost time. She's gone from a stretch of silence to lots of new posts these past few days.

Henry chewing on a tube of butt cream.

Spoiler

Spurgeon on a slide.

Spoiler

And she made a roast.

Spoiler

I'm digging those baby jeans on Spurgie. I have only been able to find one pair that fits my 14m son like that, and I'm not 100% they're not girl jeans (not that I care, they were just unlabeled on a random rack at Target). S's are probably thrifted, or I'd be trying to get her to tell me where she got them. 

ETA the comment from Jinger on that roast recipe is written so much like she would say it, that I hear her voice in my head when I read it. 

Ugh yes, kids' jeans. I've given up on finding a decent pair for my daughter that doesn't show off half her underwear/buttcrack when she squats or bends, which is often. Leggings and shorts it is! Thank God we live in a warm climate.

I loved when Henry almost fell down, but caught himself. I'm pretty sure my muscles won't let me do that. What can I say about Spurgie? Cuteness overload.

Yeah, I'm always looking for some that will fit him well. He likes to reach back and scratch right between where his shirt and his back is and will draw blood so I try to avoid tags and stick with onesie shirts so he won't do that. It's hard to find them to fit him snuggly and where he has plenty of freedom of movement. I've got that one pair that fits like Spurge's do up there, and they're awesome. I wish we had about three more of those. 

How the hell has Jessa never made a roast in her life!? She's been a trainee stay at home mom her whole life, and an actual mom for years. (Yes I finally became one of the Judge the Cooking posters) it's the easiest thing in the world to make in a crockpot. LOLing at her sharing the gospel like everyone else on planet earth hasn't figured this out. 

1 minute ago, FleeJanaFree said:

How the hell has Jessa never made a roast in her life!? She's been a trainee stay at home mom her whole life, and an actual mom for years. (Yes I finally became one of the Judge the Cooking posters) it's the easiest thing in the world to make in a crockpot. LOLing at her sharing the gospel like everyone else on planet earth hasn't figured this out. 

So anyone who knows how to make a roast or doesn't want a new recipe can skip the post. And anyone who's never made one before or wants to try out the recipe she found can enjoy it. I've never made a roast before either, and I'm older than Jessa. I might excitedly share the recipe on Instagram too if I randomly decided to make one one day. It's a good feeling when you try something new and it turns out well!

I've made a roast before but I've not used this recipe. I'm usually leery of sauce mixes making things super salty, but I'd try this one out. 

Because they had to feed 20+ plus people and that’s a lot of roasts And a roast requires sides  like the potatoes and veg  unless you just want a big ass piece of meat plopped on the table.It would never have been feasible to buy them so she never learned. Similar to why   I have never learned to cook lobster or file mignon :) 

I use a similar recipe except I add one package of dry Italian dressing and one package of dry ranch dressing. I buy low sodium variety when they are available. Super good. 

I make roasts in the crockpot all the time (although my crockpot doesn't have pigs on it). 

Onions, 1 or 2 - quartered

Carrots, some - scraped & cut into chunks

Roast

Water, 2 or 3 cups

Low-sodium bouillon cubes (2)

Worcestershire sauce (some)

Salt, pepper, garlic (however much you want)

8 hours on low. Voila.

DO NOT USE COOKING SPRAY: 1. Unnecessary.... 2. Poison. :) 

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

DO NOT USE COOKING SPRAY: 1. Unnecessary.... 2. Poison. :) 

What?  Like totally serious I've not heard of this and I use it all the time, now questioning my life choices. :my_confused: Off the the googles!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived