IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

On 1/25/2018 at 2:31 AM, Iamtheway said:

You mean how Jesus and the dinosaurs roamed the earth together 2000 years ago? Or is that more middleschool?

Question: if dinosaurs were alive  2,000 years ago, which would mean they weren’t wiped out by a meteor, how did they become extinct? Are us Jews responsible for that too? I want to know what I get unreasonably blames for.

On 2/1/2018 at 8:02 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

I like to make Spinach and Artichoke dip in my crock pot. That's my Superbowl dish this year. 

Well that’s convince me to get a crock pot (probably once I get my own place, haha. But still. I LOVE spinach and artichoke dip).

On 2/1/2018 at 6:39 PM, purplepeony said:

Henry is so determined! His eyes also look quite like Spurgeons here. Both boys seem to be so engaged in the world and interested in learning/ trying things. I really hope they are educated and allowed to fulfil their poetical but I don’t have much hope

Holy shit, grandma and grandpa bought a NEW toy? A toy that still has a TAG on it? Wow. It’s like hell froze over.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to think that she's not pregnant, and we're now entering the same phase we went through with Anna a while back, where we constantly think she definitely pregnant for years at a time, and the vast majority of the time she isn't. Anna's first two kids would have had about the same spacing as Jessa's first two if Anna hadn't miscarried.

Now that I've said that, watch her announce within the week.

On 2/2/2018 at 4:06 PM, Knight of Ni said:

In addition to. Add to the two cups of water with the gravy mix and pour over the roast and vegetables in the crock pot. Cook on low for about 8 hours. I usually use red potatoes. 

*cooking time is approximate based on size of roast

I used to make Three Packet Roast. One mix packet each of brown gravy, Italian, and ranch. Good grief was that sucker tasty. I don’t use packets anymore and that is one recipe I really miss. 

Mississippi pot roast is super easy and delicious too.  you can do it in the oven, or in a crock pot.  Put your roast in the pan, sprinkle on a pack of au jus mix, and a pack of ranch dressing mix, and top with a stick of butter. You can also add some jarred pepperoncini peppers, and some juice from the jar to your taste. I have a friend that loves them, and uses a whole jar, I don't so I don't use any. It's also good with a pork loin or roast.

I use DIY versions of the packet mixes, since I try to stay away from those.

This is the recipe I used for the au jus packet-

http://www.creativehomemaking.com/recipes/au-jus-mix.shtml

and this one for the ranch- this stuff is amazing, I mix it with sour cream for a veggie dip, and it is a major hit at birthday parties

http://sufficientacres.com/2016/01/22/easy-homemade-ranch-seasoning-packets/

I do not understand not being able to cook when your mission in life is to be a homemaker. I mean, I've made three course meals on a wooden stove (molten lava cake is perfect in a wooden fired bake oven!), two gas plates, without electronic devices (no electricity) or piped water, for 25 people. It is not that hard! 

3 minutes ago, Thorns said:

I do not understand not being able to cook when your mission in life is to be a homemaker. I mean, I've made three course meals on a wooden stove (molten lava cake is perfect in a wooden fired bake oven!), two gas plates, without electronic devices (no electricity) or piped water, for 25 people. It is not that hard! 

It's very hard when you don't like it. Just because Michelle and JB had the idea of their perfect daughters doesn't mean that all of them fit into that idea. 

I was raised to be a military officer's wife, but also given the chance at education. 

I was NOT taught to cook, and to this day, I HATE cooking. Hate it. If I were single, I'd eat from the grocery store salad bar every night.

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

It's very hard when you don't like it. Just because Michelle and JB had the idea of their perfect daughters doesn't mean that all of them fit into that idea. 

I understand that, and it does not have to be complicated, involved food. But the fast and ready basics...? When you are on route to be a SAHM?

4 minutes ago, Thorns said:

I understand that, and it does not have to be complicated, involved food. But the fast and ready basics...? When you are on route to be a SAHM?

I was brought up with the expectation that I would run a military household, and entertain officers and their wives. I was not taught to cook.

4 minutes ago, Thorns said:

I hate it now and I'm cooking only for me. I would hate it more if I was cooking for someone else. It doesn't matter what it is, I hate it. I have no patience for it. It feels like a waste of my time.

I don't like cooking with packets, I find them too salty. But this thread has got me adding them to my grocery list so I can make a roast in my crockpot this week.

I love to cook. Trying a new recipe used to be the highlight of my weekend. It's something I miss doing now that the babies are here. I just don't have the time right now. Can't wait until they're a little older and I can go back to making a real dinner every night.

Glad to hear that others hate cooking. I also hate the fact that because I am female, I am expected to            come up with food ideas on the daily and execute them and feed people! 

I'd do anything to have someone cook for me.

Don't like cooking either. Had an ex boyfriend who was a hobby chef :my_smile: (and a male special friend...)

Actually, I know more guys who enjoy cooking as a hobby than girls.

Cooking is my one big feminine trait. I love to cook and own way too many ToH cookbooks. The whole female crafting/decorating/sewing gene skipped me altogether. I know how to sew but despise it. Shopping, purses, make-up, and shoes also do nothing for me. I'd make a terrible fundie, because all I'd do is cook.

16 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Glad to hear that others hate cooking. I also hate the fact that because I am female, I am expected to            come up with food ideas on the daily and execute them and feed people! 

I'd do anything to have someone cook for me.

I'm really not trying to step on any toes here, but stuff like this really gets to me, so here goes:

If you hate cooking this much, why do you do it? IIRC (and forgive me if I'm wrong), you're not a single mom to young kids. I believe you're married and have adult children living with you, right? So stop cooking if you hate it, or least make everyone else take turns as well. It's 2018. You're not the house maid.

42 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I hate it now and I'm cooking only for me. I would hate it more if I was cooking for someone else. It doesn't matter what it is, I hate it. I have no patience for it. It feels like a waste of my time.

For me, the "only for me" stuff makes it even worse. I feel like it's pointless. And I always find food I cooked myself less tasty. If I'm cooking for somebody else, it gives me some motivation to make it edible :pb_lol:

I mostly detest the prep. All the cutting, slicing, peeling (ugh). I loathe it. I also have close to no manual skills so whatever I do looks hopeless anyways. And in my first, ill-fated job at a fast-food point I would cut or burn myself constantly, so it's also a hazard to my health and possibly life.

4 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I'm really not trying to step on any toes here, but stuff like this really gets to me, so here goes:

If you hate cooking this much, why do you do it? IIRC (and forgive me if I'm wrong), you're not a single mom to young kids. I believe you're married and have adult children living with you, right? So stop cooking if you hate it, or least make everyone else take turns as well. It's 2018. You're not the house maid.

I started knowing how to cook spaghetti around age 12 . My mom periodically quit making dinner for us when she was sick of our attitude and if I didn’t cook spaghetti 5-6 times a month, we would go to bed without dinner (my dad included!). He just literally wouldn’t eat and would have a Diet Coke with a microwave popcorn bag every night and he’d be content. I ONLY knew spaghetti. I don’t think I’ve ever made it in my adult life because I consumed it that much in middle and high school haha 

I love cooking and baking.  I make all my kids birthday cakes from scratch.

That being said, I totally understand why women hate it because it’s a whole lot of work for it to be eaten in less time than it takes to prepare.  I also resent the fact that it’s expected of most women to like cooking and to do it nightly for their families.

16 minutes ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

I love cooking and baking.  I make all my kids birthday cakes from scratch.

That being said, I totally understand why women hate it because it’s a whole lot of work for it to be eaten in less time than it takes to prepare.  I also resent the fact that it’s expected of most women to like cooking and to do it nightly for their families.

My husband grew up in a developing country where he had a maid/nanny/housekeeper type woman cook all his meals.. in his country, this is very cheap for a family compared to America. We prepare our own breakfasts and lunches but he is our primary dinner chef :my_biggrin: also primary dishwasher... glad he didn’t have those expectations for me looool

I was raised to be a house wife. I enjoy cooking, sewing, crafting, taking care of children, etc.  as much as I disagree with my family making me believe it was my only path in life I really do like all those things but I HATE CLEANING! Luckily I mairred a man who had a single mom and he is better at laundry and cleaning than I am, and he likes it lol he thinks it's odd that I like house wife-ish things because his mom was so opposite but he doesn't care since I like it and I'm happy. I am curious what would've happened if I was encouraged to try more things since I'm actually very good at school and love learning things but I do think I got a good outcome compared to a lot of women raised similarly 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived