IGNORED

Seewalds 29: Still Marketing Cute Kids

Coconut Flan

Chiming in on cute pet pics. My pug Betsey and her new (weekend) step brother Apollo. I originally knitted the sweater Apollo is wearing for Betsey, but it turned out too big in the neck.  I held onto it so I could pull it out and repurpose the yarn. The sweater is inspired by Ernie from Sesame Street, but in neon colors. When I get around to knitting Apollo his own sweater, it will be based on Bert's because Apollo is the more neurotic one in this duo.

20171125_191552.jpg

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our crazy kitty Pst Pst who hangs upside down in your arms and sleeps in your arms like a baby, and our sweet old man Oliver. 

23755502_10215353218610403_1217886492426370974_n.jpg

25659868_10215642896252163_5687011451049387601_n.jpg

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

As much as I love looking at cute pets, when shit happens to fundies, it needs to be reported. Shit went down at Moody over the winter break. I wonder if Ben's heard. 

http://www.christianpost.com/news/moody-bible-president-coo-resign-amid-controversy-provost-retires-213319/

For some reason the article is super vague about what was actually going on. Was it embezzlement or the Urban Ministries department being "too liberal" and "lacking the gospel"???

According to pulpit and pen, there was a loan made for buying a condo that was not repaid among other things. It has a thread in Quiverfull of snark with a link to pulpit and pen face book page.

6 hours ago, kachuu said:

This is what I'm worried about with our MiniKachuu on the way. My cat is used to being the center of attention & she won't be after the next few months!

Any tips on adjustment? My greatest fear is that she's going to hop into wherever the baby is sleeping and lay on his face like she does to me at night :my_sad:

Depends on the cat! What we did for ours when we were waiting for Little NQ was to set up the crib and everything and let her sniff, but we lined the crib and the bassinet with aluminum foil to discourage her. So she could, essentially, check it out and decide it wasn't for her beforehand and do so of her own volition, rather than us telling her not to. :562479514c500_32(1):

I don't have any pics stored on this device, so alas, no shots of McGonagal to accompany the advice!

To weigh in on the dog debate... I love dogs. Don't understand how anyone doesn't. This makes for interesting conversions with my husband, who really really doesn't. That said, though? The people who let their dogs roam all over, especially in public spaces where you can reasonably expect not to encounter a dog, make me stabby. Even especially when they claim the dog is therapy or service when the dog acts like it's never had a passing acquaintance with training of any kind.

Cat lovers, please join us in the Palimpsest 3 (AYTFY) and Kitty Pictures threads.Other pet lovers are also welcome in Palimpsest 3. Cat lover here and this has been the best thread drift ever!!!

On 1/10/2018 at 2:17 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

I vote for a solid black male. They're the most awesome cats. Ours fetches, comes when he's called, and even (sometimes) deigns to walk on a leash. He's a lap boy, and he sleeps under the covers on our bed.

Yes! My childhood kitty was a black male and he was the most affectionate cat I’ve ever had.

I do still love my current boys though. The orange tabby is Phoenix and the brown tabby’s name is Fiyero.

34FF9CE4-BE46-4A70-B28B-F6B3F8B0BBF4.jpeg

7D8FC16F-49C3-491A-8B68-9EDDA015FB3C.jpeg

C8E211F5-7714-47A0-9311-3B8B9BDEE140.jpeg

I've loved all the animal pics! This is Jack, the cutest gremlin I ever knew, and the only sibling I ever had. It's been a year and half and I still miss him terribly.

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_2207.JPG

I love all of these cat and dog pictures! I love cats and dogs. Especially labs they are my favorite dogs.  My family had two, my brother had two and our great-grandfather had a lab. Their great dogs. But there's so many other great breeds like Dalmatians, Spaniels, Terriers, Beagles, German Shepherds, Collies, and Huskies.

My experience with cats and babies, the cat wanted to sleep in the cradle before the baby came.

I was scared that the cat would try to sleep on top of the baby.

we ended up with baby in  a hammock that had a heart beat attached in her crib and door closed with baby monitor on.

Husband lasted half a night with baby in the room with us after returning from hospital.  At that stage he suffered with undiagnosed depression and sleep was the trigger.  Disturbed sleep meant a down ward spiral of loss of sleep and depression.

Both girls ended up in their own rooms on return from hospital, monitor on.  That way we knew cat was Ok with new addition without my fear of cat smothering baby.

Daughter number one was very early to roll and crawl, I think because she was chasing the cat.

When cat got sick of baby he would move to laundry or kitchen which was fenced off from baby.

Spoiler

22496368_10214525621677972_6578293999300213139_o.thumb.jpg.12a1efb31b9a490b56c281d8eaf6ea97.jpg41102_1569556242506_5094239_n.jpg.9239faa6da66ab34629d2136707419b2.jpg41334_1569556362509_968369_n.jpg.6203e496acc38a8bdb275b6da614497c.jpg12631294_10208535885778318_3177323491764243384_n.jpg.6082967b2cea4db2fd4d78a43a4ed6af.jpg

i hope these are under a spoiler! first is patches, aka fat pat cat, she was rescued from an animal hoarder and then rescued again from another hoarder. she's quite happier now. second and third cats are when granddaughter #2 was a baby, the cats were my son's girlfriend's (at the time) and they tolerated her very well, obviously! last is the old man bally. my husband found him on the street on Christmas eve when he was just a teeny kitten and he's been ours ever since.

Man, I love animals and especially my cats. But imagine my frustration when I go into my kitchen this morning about to leave for work, and found they pushed a canister of dry food off the kitchen counter (where they aren't meant to be anyway), onto the floor, and had its contents explode all over the kitchen AND dining room floors. Which I had to pick up pellet by pellet.

But I love them. I really do!!!! (keep repeating to convince myself....)

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Man, I love animals and especially my cats. But imagine my frustration when I go into my kitchen this morning about to leave for work, and found they pushed a canister of dry food off the kitchen counter (where they aren't meant to be anyway), onto the floor, and had its contents explode all over the kitchen AND dining room floors. Which I had to pick up pellet by pellet.

But I love them. I really do!!!! (keep repeating to convince myself....)

There's a place for you on Facebook.  It's called Asshole Cats.  It's filled with stories and pics about people's asshole cats.  It also features sweet, well-behaved cats like mine. :pantsonfire: It's my favorite FB page these days.

My cat in the grandson’s swing. They were born about the same time. The kitty laid claim to anything that was for the baby until human baby showed up. He adores human though and sleeps at his feet when human is here. 

EBCFC49B-4CDB-4B71-8DB9-EAC13B067B13.jpeg

I've always wanted a cat, and had begged for one since I could talk (I always loved visiting family member's barns so I could hang out with the cats), but my father was very anti-cat. Then my brother died and my mother (also a cat person) guilted him into agreeing (Jewish moms can rock guilt like nobody else). Within a week, I got my first cat - a solid white Devon Rex who liked to smoke (he would sit by my mom's cigarette and inhale deeply), drink vodka and grapefruit juice (also stolen from my mom's glass), an eat processed cheese and grapes. He also had a torrid affair with the poodle next door :kitty-wink: Getting him was the best day of my childhood, and despite his hard lifestyle he lived to be 17, almost all of it in good health.

Since then, I've had a mix of rescues and purebreds. My current hoarde are both (Rexes get into bad situations too), and I love them to bits. They are highly intelligent (need lots of stimulation - playing, watching TV, walks...), have distinctive and strong personalities and love to cuddle.

IMGP6117.JPG

20130526_175739.jpg

@SapphireSlytherin their fur is like wavy silk. The little splotched white and orange guy is part sphinx, so his fur it a tiny bit coarser, but Rexes are lovely to pet.

@Carm_88 thanks - we have a bit of a wardrobe for the guys - they both love wearing clothes, but the tuxedo gets seems to really feel the cold (even when it isn't) and gets angry (and destructive) if he doesn't have a sweater on :kitty-wink:

Yay, finally caught up again!

On 1/9/2018 at 12:52 PM, Carm_88 said:

Because cats show love by bringing you furry creatures! :P 

My cats don’t bring us furry creatures as presents, but will catch a mouse and then play with/eat it in front of us. 

On 1/9/2018 at 1:18 PM, karen77 said:

All these dogs and cats, but where are my parrot people??? lol

My dad had parakeets as a child!! An asshole vet literally scared one to death though. :(

On 1/11/2018 at 2:31 AM, Texas Heifer said:

Re: male ginger tabbies: this is my baby.received_10157043494242575.thumb.jpeg.83704144a27a237fd324e3e9f18f3cd3.jpeg 

I love him more 'n my luggage, but he has cost me and my husband approximately $12K just to keep alive over his nearly 11 years, and I'm not counting food and litter.

I got him when he was exactly a year old. I believe he had been mistreated, though I don't know all the details. He is fear-aggressive and basically hates everyone but me and husband, and it took him a while to warm up to husband. We can't leave him for longer than an overnight, or he will get sick, and no one else is willing to feed him, and no one else could possibly give him his meds. He has terrible separation anxiety, you see, and stress has given him urinary blockages in the past. After his 9th blockage, he had a perineal urethrostomy, and he wasn't supposed to get blocked again.

However, he is special, and just this past September, he got blocked for the 10th time. It wiped out our savings to save him. We don't have kids, so our cats are our babies, and I was not ready to lose him. Anyway, he requires high-quality canned food, nightly cosequin, D-mannose and cranberry caplets, and a fountain. Because he isn't safe around other animals and humans, he lives in our bedroom. When vet visits are necessary, he has to be sedated.

He's high-maintenance, is what I'm saying. And I love him, I love him so much, but I'll never have a male cat again. They're prone to blockages after being neutered, and y'all, I can't do this again. We have a black male cat who also had a couple of blockages and a perineal urethrostomy. It suuuuucks.

My boy cat has had UTI/blockages a couple times. He’s on a prescription diet now. Girl cat eats the same food because it’s not possible to stop them from eating drone each others bowls. He’s an expensive kitty and we worry about him, but he’s so fluffy and snuggly. We actually changed vets because of his issues. We used to go to petssmart, but with his first UTI they just gave him some antibiotics and sent him home. He was still struggling to pee, and I had to take him to the animal hospital. Turned out peeing was painful, and he needed a course of antibiotics. He was also given painkillers of some sort so peeing wouldn’t be painful while he recovered. I also have a very disgusting memory (skip the rest of this paragraph if you’re eating or easily grossed out) of the antibiotics making his stool loose, which got stuck to his fur. Then he scooted around on the carpet to wipe his butt, leaving a trail in his wake like a snail.

Both cats have imprinted on my mom like a baby duck, they clearly think she’s their mommy. I get jealous of how they’ll follow her around.

One of my friend’s has a fluffy, soft cat who gets separation anxiety. My friend said when she’d close the door to shower her kitty would cry. She loves snuggles. When I spent a couple day’s at my friend’s place her kitty would cuddle up between my legs when I went to bed.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:54 AM, Chocolatecheesecake said:

I love most animals, but when it comes to owning a pet I am definitely a cat person. I do like dogs, but they are sooooo much work and since I live in a city apartment a dog would be out of the question anyways. I think dogs can have supersweet characters, but what also bothers me, is that they smell bad from the mouth and then try to lick you and get their smelly, wet dogsaliva all over you. I don't have a ton of experience with dogs, so I don't know if all dogs do that, but the three dogs I have spent more time with have all farted sometimes and that smelled appaling. My two cats are very sweet and the only thing about them that smells, is the litterbox ;) 

IMG_0400.JPG

Awww!! Look at the snuggle fluffs!! My cats are also grey tabbies, but they haven’t snuggled like that since they were babies.

On 1/12/2018 at 12:50 PM, Drala said:

There's a place for you on Facebook.  It's called Asshole Cats.  It's filled with stories and pics about people's asshole cats.  It also features sweet, well-behaved cats like mine. :pantsonfire: It's my favorite FB page these days.

Ooh, I’ll have to check that page out!! My current favorite page is Love Meow. They post kitten videos everyday, and frequently post stories about cats being rescued.

26 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Then he scooted around on the carpet to wipe his butt, leaving a trail in his wake like a snail.

We call this "shit skids" - which typically (and thankfully) only occur in the basement (concrete floor), near their litterboxes. I keep vowing to shave their asses so the turds don't get stuck, but I value my life enough that I'm not even gonna try it.

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

We call this "shit skids" - which typically (and thankfully) only occur in the basement, near their litterboxes. I keep vowing to shave their asses so the turds don't get stuck, but I value my life enough that I'm not even gonna try it.

I really never ever want to have to shave a kitty butt.

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

which got stuck to his fur

I would've quoted the first part of the sentence, too, but didn't want to gross anyone out who successfully avoided it the first time. Haha

We give my boy this probiotic as a preventive measure. He's got lots of antibiotic resistance, which is one of the reasons for his 10th blockage. He had a UTI that wasn't properly treated for over a year; because of his anxiety, the vet just gave us antibiotics and we hoped for the best, but it never went away until we got him tested (that cost $200) and found out what he was resisting. Here's a bad photo of the probiotic, but it really seems to help the poop problems, it's not expensive, and we just squirt it in his chest hair once a week for him to lick off (because if we put it in his mouth, he acts like he's been poisoned):IMG_20180113_122227_hdr_kindlephoto-3762956.thumb.jpg.12284cb530be3f89ed4c476fa2194905.jpg

The vet, several vets, actually, tried to get us to feed him the medicated food, but he rejects it soundly every time. Fortunately, my husband's family owns a feed and garden store (our vet actually gets his alpaca food from us!) and my husband is extremely knowledgeable about food quality for most animals. He says that the medicated food the vets sell is crap and has grains in it, barely any better than "grocery store cat food" (he is a huge cat food snob, lol) (don't mention Iams to him unless you want a look that plainly says, "seriously? Ugh."). We feed our cats Taste of the Wild kibble (it's grain free) and BFF canned food (also grain free). Last UTI, the vet assistant said to keep feeding him what we were, because while there was bacteria, there were no crystals.

If you are interested in going with non-medicated food (and I am soooo not trying to pressure you! I understand being dubious, trust me! But just in case...), you can always add Methigel to your kitty's regimen. It's like $10 on Amazon for a good-sized tube, and it's the medicine part of the medicated food. The brand name is Vetoquinol Care, and my vet actually sells the brand's hairball formula in his office.

Since Blue has Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease, a specialty vet told us to give him kitty Cosequin (he gets two pills daily--most cats will eat it sprinkled on their food, but not Blue, so we shoot pills down his gullet. He gets treats, though, so he's cool with it). I also give him D-mannose with dandelion root and cranberry every evening. I keep his litter boxes (he gets two, lucky duck) whistle-clean, and his water fountain gets scrubbed out and filter changed every week to two weeks minimum.

This cat, man. He will be the death of me.

But seriously, anyone who has dog or cat food questions, send them my way. My husband is basically morally infallible (Aspie!) and will tell you frankly what foods are best for your baby, if you have adequate info about allergies, etc. He's been doing this for 20 years, and he's awesome at it.

He can also answer gardening questions, soil pH questions, etc. Whee

On 1/11/2018 at 9:36 PM, Percy said:

According to pulpit and pen, there was a loan made for buying a condo that was not repaid among other things. It has a thread in Quiverfull of snark with a link to pulpit and pen face book page.

I searched and couldn't find the thread.  Do you mind linking? I'm interested. The language in the article is pretty obfuscatory.

I'm always interested in institutional governance, especially when it comes to financial malfeasance and doctrinal arguments. This looks like it involves both? Or the financial issues are being used against someone who has a doctrinal disagreement?

(Also, thank God it's not sexual harassment. I'm happy to read a plain old embezzlement case these days!)

This is my beloved Daisy. She had a great 14 + years. She passed away nearly three years ago, and I miss her still. 

1924044_43193471046_3442_n.jpg

I adore cats and dogs pretty equally. We have one dog who is very attached to me and has to be wherever I am. My husband led me to believe he was a dog person but what he really wants is an old lazy dog that is happy to sleep all the time. What we have is a very energetic and athletic golden retriever who does not like sitting still. So 95% of the time I am the one playing with and walking the dog but I love taking care of him and having him love on me all the time so I don't complain too much. Regarding the leash discussion - I can't stand people who insist that their dogs need to socialize with my dog when we are out on walks or people who want to stop and pet my dog. My dog is friendly but he takes his sniffing time on walks very seriously and does not like to be held up. People see a golden and think he must just want all the pets and want to greet all the dogs but really he just wants to go on his damn walk and sniff all the things uninterrupted. I've also trained him to just ignore other people and dogs as we pass them so it's extra annoying when people basically force us to interact with them. We both get impatient. 

Cute picture that also includes 2/3 of my feline fluff butts who can be just as needy as the dog. My husband and I are both sick and basically living on the couch this weekend and at any given point of the day you will find at least one cat on our laps. 

20180113_110743.jpg

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived