IGNORED

Lori Alexander 36: Still Confused on What Discipline Really Means

My mom is 91 and in a nursing home. I would never call her my old, sick mother. She is my mother, period. I can maybe see saying you sat with your sick mom, but old...WTF???

Back to  the JRod thread, fuck Lori. Jill  has, for now, knocked Lori out of first place as my most despised fundy. Both of them are cold-hearted and batshit crazy . Christian my ass.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, freealljs said:

As for diarrhea, she has diarrhea of the mouth. 

She needs rectal immodium to treat her verbal diarrhea.

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am sure women with abusive husbands will be comforted to learn it's diarrhea  that will do them in.

This doesn’t even make SENSE. Feminism trying to protect women... is NOT even the point... omg. Feminism is literally about making sure men and women have the same rights. RIGHTS. Not the same clothing, jobs, or whatever else that Lori thinks feminism is about. No. Feminism is literally about equality with respect to human rights. THIS BITCH IS SO DUMB I JUST CAN’T

I also love how Lori’s Instagram post says feminism is a “supremacist hate cult”. I just laugh at people who are so insecure that they overreact to the idea of female equality. Supremacist hate cult... my goodness... 

The "$400.00 per semester is really cheap!" remark is just...mean.  Lori thinks her followers are losers and likes to rub it in that she's got money.  She's doesn't hide it well, either.  

They're generally lower income, have 5000 kids, snotty noses, second hand clothes, canned foods, cheap housing and sketchy education...things unacceptable to Lori but clearly part of our culture.  And, it's pretty likely they think $400.00 is a hell of a lot of money and something they can't afford.  

I could never see Lori wanting to hang out with any of these women or be a part of their lives other than to tell them what to do.  They are simply a means to her end of becoming the most christian, female blogger ever.  Other than that, she doesn't give two hoots about them.

11 hours ago, Loveday said:

Lori, in a comment on today's blog post about children being home full time with their mothers:

OLD, SICK MOTHER???   How compassionate. How caring. How loving. :my_dodgy:

Wait a minute.  I thought mothers were supposed to be with their children 24/7.  Why would her kids need a break from their children?  Why would she condone this, given she preaches that you should be a keeper at home and never leave it or your children? 

Also, it drives me crazy when she says "my old, sick mother"   I was estranged from my mother for quite a while and when she was "old and sick" I would NEVER have called her that.   How about "my mother, who is very ill"   I think people can probably extrapolate on their  own that her mother would be of advanced age since Lori herself is an "older woman."  

11 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am sure women with abusive husbands will be comforted to learn it's diarrhea  that will do them in.

Just no!  I don't know where she found this bunk, but here are the actual numbers from the CDC, which took me about 5 seconds to find via goggle (Ken's favored search engine).

Spoiler: diarrhea is not even listed, let alone being the number one killer of women of any age. 

https://www.cdc.gov/women/lcod/index.htm

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/

Oh look, here are WHO's stats.

Ok so after trying every google search I can think of to figure out where she got this ridiculous idea (I swear I kept hearing google laughing at me), I found this:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/lead1900_98.pdf

It lists the causes of death from 1900-1998.  It's in reverse order so 1900 is at the bottom.   I scrolled down and looked by year and diarrhea is not the leading cause of death in any year between 1900-98.  It starts at number 4  in 1900 and slowly creeps down the list as you get into more modern times.

This concludes my research into diarrhea.

I think Lori and I disagree on everything but especially on the keepers at home crap she spews.Imo isolation is dangerous. It is too easy to believe your opinions are the only correct ones when you never speak to people with different perspectives.

Parents and children need breaks from each other. My in laws ( lovely kind people utterly unlike Lori ) used to take my kids overnight. I loved it. They  loved it. My kids loved it . Their focus was on enjoying and spoiling their grandchildren.  Both my in laws are now gone but my kids have a million wonderful memories of the fun they had together. I wonder what Lori’s grandchildren will remember about her.

1 minute ago, Botkinetti said:

I think Lori and I disagree on everything but especially on the keepers at home crap she spews.Imo isolation is dangerous. It is too easy to believe your opinions are the only correct ones when you never speak to people with different perspectives.

Parents and children need breaks from each other. My in laws ( lovely kind people utterly unlike Lori ) used to take my kids overnight. I loved it. They  loved it. My kids loved it . Their focus was on enjoying and spoiling their grandchildren.  Both my in laws are now gone but my kids have a million wonderful memories of the fun they had together. I wonder what Lori’s grandchildren will remember about her.

In case my sarcasm wasn't clear, I totally agree with you.  From Lori's standpoint though her keeping the grandkids so her kids can have a break is a no-no. 

They will probably remember her for:

Being no fun

Having to make toys out of household things because she can't be bothered to keep any at her house

Fear of snakes

Suppressing their emotions

SALAD

Not sharing her food

A leather strap

@Curious totally understood your sarcasm. I also think it is funny that your research into diarrhea is in the Lori thread given how much shit she talks and the inability of her followers to comprehend how much she lies. 

Oh my mom didn't even believe in a weekly date night where you left the kids with a babysitter or family. Idk where fundies get this stuff. 

Okay today's post. 

"A couple hours a day of ‘lessons’ is really all that is needed for formal education."

While I don't believe it has to take all day buried in bookwork, homeschooling done well will absolutely take more than a couple of hours of "lessons". The parents I have seen who homeschool well, take it as seriously as a job. They teach & learn along side their kids, they shuffle to co-op & other lessons and activities. They use other resources like distance learning & YouTube. They plan field trips. They themselves study about how to teach well and are constantly looking for new ways to keep learnkng motivating, fresh & exciting. 

That takes serious work and effort and TIME. 

And don't even get me started on ACE. That is one of THE WORST curriculums. EVER. 

On 1/3/2018 at 12:16 PM, EowynW said:

"If women are to stay at home,what are they to do when the nest is empty.   Let us assume that you have an empty nest by the time you are 45 or 50.   You still have 20 to 30. years left  .. even longer given the longevity statistics today." @Liza 

they fantasize and scheme for grandkids. 

Also, if you haven't had your last kid until your late thirties or early forties, you aren't empty-nesting for a while...

"I asked the women in the chat room what there advice to you would be..."

Regarding homeschooling.

Fuck me gently with a chainsaw.

38 minutes ago, Lea said:

Are we the trolls who "dog her wherever we can"??

hahahahahaaaaaa

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 10.09.42 AM.png

She must have changed a lot of this, because I don't remember reading any of it when she first started flogging her book. In fact, it sounds more as if Ken wrote it all. Ken, her 'provider, and protector.' :lol:

On 1/5/2018 at 8:49 AM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What the...? Why is she taking math classes? For fun? Anyone else, who cares but here she is saying how women shouldn't go to college and she took college math classes a few years ago. I am confused if its more the cost of college she is against, not the education. It seems like going to comm. college is ok because its cheaper. 

commcollege.thumb.PNG.52736b3b72c1accb70259990d348c700.PNG

Edited to add--- Forgot to say CA is known to have the cheapest comm college costs in the nation and I think they just granted a year of free comm college to residents. Not everyone live in CA, but of course Lori can only see in her bubble.  Oh and its liberal governors who make school cheap/free, so chew on that.  Conservative like Lori love to trash liberals but love to suck up the "free" stuff that comes with it. 

I agree with all of this. I love how she claims that the "junior college teachers were much better than the ones at most universities."  Now, I attended a CC before transferring to a four year university and most of my teachers were great. But, in no way could I make the claim Lori made. Also, there is a good chance that some of the junior college teachers also taught at four year public or private universities. For all Lori knew some of her junior college math teachers could have been driving off to teach a class at another school after her classes.

Grrrrr. Lori's done it again, pissed me off royally.  Actually right now it's one of her leghumpers, the first one whose answer is given to the question about widows homeschooling.  It pains me to do it, but here is her answer, copied and pasted:  'Is there a way for her to make money from home? Is her mom in a position to care for the children all day and she can work on formal lessons when she is not working? Homeschooling does not need to duplicate school at home. A couple hours a day of ‘lessons’ is really all that is needed for formal education. They learn what they need to learn through every day life. If this is not an option due to her mother’s failing health I would suggest seeking out a scholarship at her local Christian school. Most religious schools have scholarships.'  So what is wrong with this answer?  Let me count the ways....

1.  'Is there a way for her to make money from home?'  Do you not understand that legitimate ways to make money from home are limited?  A lot of them are scams, the legit ones usually require an investment of time and/or money that a widow with several young children simply may not have.  I can speak from my personal experience on this one.  Years ago my husband (ex now) was unable to work, so I had to, but I was looking for a way to make money from home.  When I found information about a medical transcription course for working at home I thought 'Exactly what I was looking for!'  That was in the good ole' days when you could make a decent amount of money in MT, before the pay dropped into the basement, and a couple decades before the Nuance fiasco, which is still affecting my employment...excuse me for digressing!  Anyway, it took time and effort to get into the field, but I managed.  Imagine my shock when I discovered that I couldn't do the work with my kids underfoot, in fact I had to close the door and tell the family 'hey, while I'm working, for all practical purposes I'm not home, don't knock unless it's an emergency'...actually by the time I started doing it at home I was well aware that I would have to be 'not home' during work hours, by then it wasn't a surprise anymore, but the point is, working at home is NOT a paradise of spending all your time with the kids, it's WORK, and has to be treated as such, or you might as well give up. 

2.  'Is her mom in a position to care for the children all day and she can work on formal lessons when she is not working?' Hello? Did you read the 'my mom is ailing' line, or did your reading comprehension not get that far?  An ailing woman is unlikely to be able to take on full time childcare responsibilities, and what kind of woman would expect her unwell mother to be a substitute mom for the grandkids?  Actually, don't answer that...most of Lori's leghumpers probably would.

3.  'Homeschooling does not need to duplicate school at home. A couple hours a day of ‘lessons’ is really all that is needed for formal education.'  Two words come to mind, 'bull' and 'shit.'  You don't necessarily have to exactly duplicate a school schedule, but if that's all the time you think it takes, you shouldn't be homeschooling to start with.  And even if you only give lessons a couple of hours a day, if you have 2 or 3 children (conservative estimate, since Lori expects you to keep popping 'em out no matter what), is that a couple of hours for each?  What if you have 4 or 5 kids? See how that can take up most of the day?  And can you imagine how difficult, even impossible, that may become? 

4.  'They learn what they need to learn through every day life.'  Right, so why bother educating them in the first place?  Lady, do you even care whether your kids can get decent jobs in their futures as adults?

5.  'If this is not an option due to her mother’s failing health I would suggest seeking out a scholarship at her local Christian school.'  So apparently you did get that bit of information after all, but you still thought grandma could watch the kids...so what ailment would make it 'not an option' in your book?  Would she have to be at the point of death? Need 24/7 care herself? Be so far gone into Alzheimer's that she doesn't remember her own name, much less who these children living in her house are? And scholarships...huh?  None of the Christian schools I've encountered have much, if anything, in the way of scholarships, at least not until college level.  Do Christian schools actually give scholarships for elementary and high school students that I don't know about?  What are the requirements, financially and academically?  Could the widow who is asking the question get her children qualified?  I admit to lacking information on this one, if anyone knows please enlighten me.  

So this rambled on longer than I planned.  Sorry, Lori and her leghumpers bring out my worst characteristics.  

24 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

5.  'If this is not an option due to her mother’s failing health I would suggest seeking out a scholarship at her local Christian school.'  So apparently you did get that bit of information after all, but you still thought grandma could watch the kids...so what ailment would make it 'not an option' in your book?  Would she have to be at the point of death? Need 24/7 care herself? Be so far gone into Alzheimer's that she doesn't remember her own name, much less who these children living in her house are? And scholarships...huh?  None of the Christian schools I've encountered have much, if anything, in the way of scholarships, at least not until college level.  Do Christian schools actually give scholarships for elementary and high school students that I don't know about?  What are the requirements, financially and academically?  Could the widow who is asking the question get her children qualified?  I admit to lacking information on this one, if anyone knows please enlighten me.  

So this rambled on longer than I planned.  Sorry, Lori and her leghumpers bring out my worst characteristics.  

There are some private religious schools that give out scholarships. I have a relative who had her sons in Catholic schools K-12.  One was a K-6 school and the other was a combined middle school and high school. Her sons got partial scholarships at the middle school/high school. My cousin said that the K-6 school wasn't that expensive, she and her husband scrimped and managed to pay the tuition all those years. The middle school/high school was more expensive and they almost considered putting their sons in public school. She never went to great detail, but she said they applied for the partial scholarships and were selected.  Her sons had to volunteer hours as part of the scholarship program. Lori's leghumpers would hate my cousin and her family for being ebil Catholics and also my cousin always worked outside the home.

@lilwriter85, I was about to say the same thing. The parochial school my grandson used to attend had quite a few students who got scholarships through the Archdiocese. But the school is Catholic and state-certified, so not up to Lori and the fangirls’ exacting standards.

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

Grrrrr. Lori's done it again, pissed me off royally.  Actually right now it's one of her leghumpers, the first one whose answer is given to the question about widows homeschooling.  It pains me to do it, but here is her answer, copied and pasted:  'Is there a way for her to make money from home? Is her mom in a position to care for the children all day and she can work on formal lessons when she is not working? Homeschooling does not need to duplicate school at home. A couple hours a day of ‘lessons’ is really all that is needed for formal education. They learn what they need to learn through every day life. If this is not an option due to her mother’s failing health I would suggest seeking out a scholarship at her local Christian school. Most religious schools have scholarships.'  So what is wrong with this answer?  Let me count the ways....

1.  'Is there a way for her to make money from home?'  Do you not understand that legitimate ways to make money from home are limited?  A lot of them are scams, the legit ones usually require an investment of time and/or money that a widow with several young children simply may not have.  I can speak from my personal experience on this one.  Years ago my husband (ex now) was unable to work, so I had to, but I was looking for a way to make money from home.  When I found information about a medical transcription course for working at home I thought 'Exactly what I was looking for!'  That was in the good ole' days when you could make a decent amount of money in MT, before the pay dropped into the basement, and a couple decades before the Nuance fiasco, which is still affecting my employment...excuse me for digressing!  Anyway, it took time and effort to get into the field, but I managed.  Imagine my shock when I discovered that I couldn't do the work with my kids underfoot, in fact I had to close the door and tell the family 'hey, while I'm working, for all practical purposes I'm not home, don't knock unless it's an emergency'...actually by the time I started doing it at home I was well aware that I would have to be 'not home' during work hours, by then it wasn't a surprise anymore, but the point is, working at home is NOT a paradise of spending all your time with the kids, it's WORK, and has to be treated as such

Yep, I knew a mom who worked at home for an accounting place. She had to sign a contract that her child would be in daycare or would have a babysitter in the home doing work hours.

It really bugs me that Lori, the godly mentor herself, never bothers to answer the widow's question personally. This woman reaches out to Lori and instead of helping her, she passes this poor womans problems on to the chat room harpies to get picked apart. Then, like the snotty brat that she is, she closes with "...with god all things are possible" 

On 1/6/2018 at 11:43 AM, Free Jana Duggar said:

Yep, I knew a mom who worked at home for an accounting place. She had to sign a contract that her child would be in daycare or would have a babysitter in the home doing work hours.

Yup, my companies have those policies in place. My friend did online tutoring and had to give a statement that her MIL and neighbor would be taking turns babysitting during the hours she was tutoring.

Companies that offer at home customer service positions sometimes send out HR or someone to audit and inspect the work spaces that people use in their homes. If a Lori has a fangirl with a bunch of kids in small house with no areas that can be adequately used as work spaces she has a small chance of getting a job with company like that.

Education only requires a “couple of hours of lessons a day”????? And you can learn everything through every day life??????

Lord save us from these people.

1 hour ago, Hane said:

@lilwriter85, I was about to say the same thing. The parochial school my grandson used to attend had quite a few students who got scholarships through the Archdiocese. But the school is Catholic and state-certified, so not up to Lori and the fangirls’ exacting standards.

The Archdiocese that I grew up with her New Mexico offers scholarships for some  parochial schools. I do know other people who had their kids other types of private religious schools, but they didn't talk about if scholarship programs were available.

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

There are some private religious schools that give out scholarships. I have a relative who had her sons in Catholic schools K-12.  One was a K-6 school and the other was a combined middle school and high school. Her sons got partial scholarships at the middle school/high school. My cousin said that the K-6 school wasn't that expensive, she and her husband scrimped and managed to pay the tuition all those years. The middle school/high school was more expensive and they almost considered putting their sons in public school. She never went to great detail, but she said they applied for the partial scholarships and were selected.  Her sons had to volunteer hours as part of the scholarship program. Lori's leghumpers would hate my cousin and her family for being ebil Catholics and also my cousin always worked outside the home.

Thanks, I didn't know that!  :)  

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Wow.  I didn't have to do that!  Just out of curiosity, and this may or may not be applicable...but did men who worked from home have to do the same?  

• Blahblah locked this topic

Archived