IGNORED

Lori Alexander 36: Still Confused on What Discipline Really Means

What the...? Why is she taking math classes? For fun? Anyone else, who cares but here she is saying how women shouldn't go to college and she took college math classes a few years ago. I am confused if its more the cost of college she is against, not the education. It seems like going to comm. college is ok because its cheaper. 

commcollege.thumb.PNG.52736b3b72c1accb70259990d348c700.PNG

Edited to add--- Forgot to say CA is known to have the cheapest comm college costs in the nation and I think they just granted a year of free comm college to residents. Not everyone live in CA, but of course Lori can only see in her bubble.  Oh and its liberal governors who make school cheap/free, so chew on that.  Conservative like Lori love to trash liberals but love to suck up the "free" stuff that comes with it. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So another post about staying home... I think all of these posts are directed at someone specific. My current guess is DIL Erin. Her IG page has been a bit more active and she even posted her first instastory yesterday. I wonder if she’s pushing against some of Ryan’s parenting perspectives (that might be more of a hope lol). I think lori is manipulative and I can see her trying to stir things up using her grandchildren. 

I don’t care for Ryan but I also understand that he had a pretty awful example of what parenting is and I’m guessing that he’s ingrained to ignore feelings. Not to mention, he’s still pretty reliant on his parents since he works with his dad.

i am also curious to know if any of them are attending a church where a woman has been put in what Lori would see as a leadership position. 

@AlwaysDiscerning in my state something just passed related to community college- I didn’t pay close attention because my kids are still elementary age. I believe though, that they will have the ability to take community college classes for free while in high school. I think it’s a great opportunity- even if someone doesn’t go on for a 4 year degree, the foundation courses can be a great help. In addition, I work in higher education and the professors I know do love teaching and inspiring students. I’m sure there are some that should probably just move on, but in my 43 years of life I have hsve envountered people in all positions that are essentially just there to collect a paycheck. 

I'm wondering if the talk about moving somewhere else and a few other comments are pointing to the church she attends hiring women pastors in staff positions?  Maybe even in (*gasp*) - a "women's pastor" position?  

She changed to wording on her amazon intro "about the author" of her book again - as the recent reviews have all been 1 star.

They want to leave CA because it is leftist, her wording, and the taxes are high. Ken is the one that wants to move because of taxes. She says their state is the devil's playground. My guess is they want to move to Houston where Cassie is or Cane Creek, TN, where the Pearls are. 

10 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I also don't get why many of the fangirls think they need to be with their kids almost 24/7.

Because it limits exposure to outside influences/ideas? I've known a few people IRL (not even religious or super religious) who seemed to do it for that kind of reason/fears.

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

So with the smug little post about no support for female pastors... I have to say I wasn't able to find the term pastors in the Bible more than once (Ephesians 4:11) but maybe I missed it.

I believe there's a woman referred to as a deacon or something similar in Paul's letters to the Romans(?). Maybe a few others, too? Not sure if that fits, just remembering a sermon I heard ages ago!

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What the...? Why is she taking math classes? For fun? Anyone else, who cares but here she is saying how women shouldn't go to college and she took college math classes a few years ago. I am confused if its more the cost of college she is against, not the education. It seems like going to comm. college is ok because its cheaper. 

commcollege.thumb.PNG.52736b3b72c1accb70259990d348c700.PNG

Edited to add--- Forgot to say CA is known to have the cheapest comm college costs in the nation and I think they just granted a year of free comm college to residents. Not everyone live in CA, but of course Lori can only see in her bubble.  Oh and its liberal governors who make school cheap/free, so chew on that.  Conservative like Lori love to trash liberals but love to suck up the "free" stuff that comes with it. 

I think it's so funny that Lori says "the men and women just came and went" at her community college, as though she expected these young people to be humping on the ground. I've taken a lot of college and grad courses, and that's all anybody did--came and went. Maybe some people were talking, maybe they went out for coffee, but nobody interacted in the sexual way she seems to expect before or after a class.

I think this lady needs to get out more. Just because men and women are young, attractive, and sexually active while attending college does not mean they are going around having sex every minute of every day. What kind of debauchery did she expect to see at community college?

55 minutes ago, December said:

I believe there's a woman referred to as a deacon or something similar in Paul's letters to the Romans(?). Maybe a few others, too? Not sure if that fits, just remembering a sermon I heard ages ago!

Yes! Many have considered Phoebe to be a Deacon. That's the word the NIV translation uses in Romans 16:1. Of course Lori and the like will say she's just a servants of the church. I think servant can mean a lot of things, but whatever she was doing Paul noticed and thought to point it out. Many would point to Junia being an apostle. Priscilla also stands out. Several women were mentioned throughout Romans 16. I would have liked to hear this sermon.

At the end of today's post, Lori reminds everyone again of the labyrinth of rules you must follow to join the super secret chat room:

***If you are interested in joining the chat room, you must first ask to join, then fill out an application. After this, you must wait patiently while one of the moderators goes through the applications and may even try to “friend” you to see your Facebook page. Yes, we’re particular about who we let in because we want like-minded women who aren’t afraid to speak the truth in love and encourage one another towards biblical womanhood.

I swear the only logical next step is "you must then fly to California, meet Lori, allow her to watch you eat (to see if you take more than your portion) and then produce no fewer than three personal references attesting that you have never made a decision on your own and will ask Lori your headship before making a decision ever again."

1 hour ago, fluffy said:

My guess is they want to move to Houston where Cassie is or Cane Creek, TN, where the Pearls are. 

Lori and the Pearls deserve each other. 

29 minutes ago, SueEllenMishke said:

At the end of today's post, Lori reminds everyone again of the labyrinth of rules you must follow to join the super secret chat room:

Tbh the entire process takes about ten minutes 

@fluffy they probably do not realize that taxes simply come in a different form here in Texas. 

For example, the value of our house as appraised by the tax assessor has doubled in the past five years, this means that while the property tax rate has technically not increased, we have a 10% property tax increase every year from the year before (because it's capped at 10%) independent of tax rates changing.  

In California, the valuation of the property remains what was paid at the time of purchase for tax appraisal purposes.

A cousin of mine in California has the same tax appraisal on his house year over year as when he bought it 40 years ago.  His cost of living has increased less year over year than ours because of this.

@ AuntKrazy, I know!!!! Property taxes will eat you alive in Texas. I used to live there. Daughter in law Emily is also from Houston so I think that might fuel the fire or desire to move. Mainly it has be that Ken wants to retain more moola. And those thongs...

Texas isn't as cheap a state as people think it is. And it's getting flooded with out of state people moving in and costs are rising higher. It's nearly impossible to find an affordable house in the DFW area, and rent easily is 12-1600 there. 

We are native Texans hoping to buy land one day but finding affordable land that's with a decent commute for a decent job is tricky here. It's very discouraging  

We paid a ton to live in Texas. Our families' houses there are also expensive. I want LorKen to land in Cane Creek and have to shop at Walmart. 

14 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

@fluffy they probably do not realize that taxes simply come in a different form here in Texas. 

For example, the value of our house as appraised by the tax assessor has doubled in the past five years, this means that while the property tax rate has technically not increased, we have a 10% property tax increase every year from the year before (because it's capped at 10%) independent of tax rates changing.  

In California, the valuation of the property remains what was paid at the time of purchase for tax appraisal purposes.

A cousin of mine in California has the same tax appraisal on his house year over year as when he bought it 40 years ago.  His cost of living has increased less year over year than ours because of this.

I'm also in TX, and have experienced the same thing over the past few years.  My house is 16 years old and the appraised tax value has almost doubled in value.  Our house has increased in resale value, but nothing to that extreme.  I usually appeal it, and finally got a decent decrease last year, but it's still too high.  Since I'm not far from the gulf coast, our insurance has significantly increased as well.  As of last year, due to these increases, the escrow (taxes and insurance) portion of my mortgage payment is now larger than the principal/interest portion.  It irritates me whenever I think about it.

I don't think they will actually move to Houston.  There is no way that she could handle the summers here.  She is too used to a mild climate and being within walking distance of a beautiful beach.  Most of her family is in CA.  Since Cassi's husband will soon graduate from pharmacy(?) school, there is a decent chance that they might move after graduation.  I also don't think that they will fit into the TX mentality - though many of the women here claim to be conservative, they aren't typically the wilting flower type that she pretends to be, and wouldn't listen to her babble.  And I can see her looking down on them.

I visited Texas this summer for the first time for my best friends wedding. I had a great time and thought it very pretty. But from what she's shared with me, I really don't know if Lori and Ken would survive. Many of the women do seem like they'd be too tough for her. Not teachable spirits lol. 

My folks live in Nebraska. Property taxes can be tricky there as well. When the appraiser came out, my mom honestly told him that she had a cellar. He assumed it was a wine cellar, and asked how many bottles she kept in it. She told him she didn't drink wine except for every 2 weeks at Communion and used the dirt floor, snake infested cellar to store her pickles. :my_biggrin: I do love that story!

I have a hard time believing that Lori and Ken could maintain the same standard of living in TX or TN. I can’t belueve there is as much work for Ken in TN, although I don’t know much about TX.

Lori, in a comment on today's blog post about children being home full time with their mothers:

In a while, my son and his wife will drop their three children off here for the night and we’ll take them on a walk at the beach tomorrow to give my son and his wife a little break. We love to do this for them and since I’m home, I can help them whenever they need help. I just sat with my old, sick mother for several hours this morning and had lunch at her home yesterday with my sisters. I can do this since I’m home full time. It’s such a blessing that way too many women simply don’t understand.

OLD, SICK MOTHER???   How compassionate. How caring. How loving. :my_dodgy:

5 minutes ago, Loveday said:

OLD, SICK MOTHER???   How compassionate. How caring. How loving. :my_dodgy:

And she’s used this expression before. 

My son-in-law’s grandma is 95 and in rehab, recovering from bronchitis. I can just see anyone calling her an “old, sick mother”—she’d deck ‘em, and so would the rest of us!

I'd never call my mom "old, sick mother " 1. It sounds soooo dramatic 2. I'm positive there's more to her than being old and sick. Maybe try lovely, wonderful, wise. 3. If someone called me an old, sick mother I'd deck'm and show them who's old. 

I am sure women with abusive husbands will be comforted to learn it's diarrhea  that will do them in.

Old, sick mother.  Great way to revere a godly, older woman Lori.

I commented once that Lori was an elderly woman, married to a younger man, just to get under her skin, because I will always believe that she is vain and worried about Ken's wandering eyes. She blocked me from her FB page. 

As for diarrhea, she has diarrhea of the mouth. 

• Blahblah locked this topic

Archived