Jump to content
IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 13: In the Middle of Jesus’ First Relationship


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

On 6/3/2024 at 5:12 PM, Ozlsn said:

Most likely somewhere like Switzerland or the Nordic countries is my guess.

I thought they were going to the Philippines, you know... Where the Spanish has had major influence on them and are you know.... Catholic

  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh. They were a bus family too. They really are the super fundie family. 

✓ plexus

✓ bus living

✓ racism

✓ lot of kids

✓ krischun

✓ kids can't function outside the unit

Screenshot_20240605_212248_Instagram.jpg

  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

Oh. They were a bus family too. They really are the super fundie family. 

✓ plexus

✓ bus living

✓ racism

✓ lot of kids

✓ krischun

✓ kids can't function outside the unit

Screenshot_20240605_212248_Instagram.jpg

Omg imagine being a teenage girl and that ugly bus is your home. When I was a stupid teen, I would duck when riding in my grandpa’s el Camino because it was embarrassing. Nowadays I love el Caminos and wish I had one 🤣 Just goes to show how easily embarrassed 13 year old girls are. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carver Bowers and some of his brothers are currently recording at this Christian recording studio, Daywind, outside Nashville. Here are their recording package prices: https://daywindrecordingstudio.com/recording-packages/ 

[I would love to know if Carver--or Lawson Bates--or Erin Bates--sell enough music to cover these recording costs]

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carver and Haley are off to save some Vietnamese souls, but you can't do that without getting a gel pedicure first, don't you know?  I thought Haley said that Carver was going to perform at our embassy there, but he's never been listed on their events calendar: https://vn.usembassy.gov/achanoi-public-events/ PS Haley you could get a pedicure in Vietnam for a fraction of the cost.

 

:

 

  

image.png

  • Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But what color did she pick? Inquiring minds want to know!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

But what color did she pick? Inquiring minds want to know!

image.png.73752062d00f1edb33b61fc62daac4c2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haley can't associate with the (what was the word Jill used?) natives nationals

She doesn't talk with non-white people

Edited by justpassingthru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, justpassingthru said:

Haley can't associate with the (what was the word Jill used?) natives nationals

She doesn't talk with non-white people

In her defense, they did live in Hawai'i while the parents were in the Air Force.  But I do wonder how much she knows about Vietnam. Given Curtis Bowers obsession with Communism, do they know they are visiting the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2024 at 5:21 PM, justpassingthru said:

Ah jeez. The pettiness. Why couldn't Carver and Haley get curtains

I live in a city and all the houses are close. From my home office window I can see right into my neighbour's living room. They never close the blinds (TBF the living room is on their second story so not visible from street level) and I like the natural light so I keep my blinds open as well. Unfortunately this means I see what is on their giant tv. It's porn. Specifically, home made porn of themselves.

I'm not building a wall over this but instead have chosen to be awkward and embarrassed whenever I run into them on the street.

  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amy is truly something else

Screenshot_20240613_075538_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240613_075622_Instagram.jpg

 

Screenshot_20240613_075625_Instagram.jpg

 

Technically I was homeless just seven years ago, but today I have a home and a job. Didn't have to convince anyone to buy a shady product either

8 hours ago, browngrl said:

I live in a city and all the houses are close. From my home office window I can see right into my neighbour's living room. They never close the blinds (TBF the living room is on their second story so not visible from street level) and I like the natural light so I keep my blinds open as well. Unfortunately this means I see what is on their giant tv. It's porn. Specifically, home made porn of themselves.

I'm not building a wall over this but instead have chosen to be awkward and embarrassed whenever I run into them on the street.

Oh my. I guess if they had sex while that was playing that would be some inception level happenings 

Edited by justpassingthru
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amy's life would make Jill R. green-eyeliner with envy.  Haley and Carver left for Vietnam (where Carver is allegedly singing with an orchestra) yesterday, so Amy and Haley will both start keening about how they miss each other soon.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Amy's life would make Jill R. green-eyeliner with envy.  Haley and Carver left for Vietnam (where Carver is allegedly singing with an orchestra) yesterday, so Amy and Haley will both start keening about how they miss each other soon.

But will they leave Vietnam early because her siblings are sad.

"Green-eyeliner with envy" 😂

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allison Helferich is chatting about postpartum care in her stories.  A woman asked about strategies to cope with postpartum depression and Alison  talks about everything except seeking medical care and/or meaningful psychological support.  She believes that undernourishment is a key cause of PPD. She has some good ideas -grace and rest and nourishing food are important, as is good communication with your spouse.  But Ningxia and Joy Oil instead of medical care? HUH?

  • Upvote 3
  • Angry 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta plug those overpriced mlm products 🙄

25FAADB3-F10A-46E3-A200-6FC4247A5F7A.jpeg

  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I imagine Amy refuses to look at Plexus as the MLM it is. Because if she actually listened to all the ex plexus huns and how much they tried to make it work. But she won’t. She will tell herself it’s because she worked harder. Not because she got lucky to get into plexus when it was still new. And now the market is completely saturated and basically everyone who has wanted to try it or sign up for it has. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gotta plug those overpriced mlm products 🙄

25FAADB3-F10A-46E3-A200-6FC4247A5F7A.jpeg

Since she's as anyi-mental illness as she is but admitting to experiencing "some pretty serious baby blues" I call bs on her prior sentence denying having ppd. These people infuriate me! Yes, it's possible to have ppd and not need meds, but it's ok to admit you have/had ppd!!!

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing/problem with MLMs is that for a lot of people they become a bubble. They start selling it's going really well. Then the bubble bursts and they lose a lot of money/if not all of their income/money savings.

If Plexus is paying for the Paul family cars, then those cars will be the first to go if the Plexus bubble drops.  Or if the family doesn't sell enough, Plexus will stop paying the bills. Those cars seemed to be leased and they will go fast. They might even lose their home.  Hopefully, they're saving for rainy days.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Another thing/problem with MLMs is that for a lot of people they become a bubble. They start selling it's going really well. Then the bubble bursts and they lose a lot of money/if not all of their income/money savings.

If Plexus is paying for the Paul family cars, then those cars will be the first to go if the Plexus bubble drops.  Or if the family doesn't sell enough, Plexus will stop paying the bills. Those cars seemed to be leased and they will go fast. They might even lose their home.  Hopefully, they're saving for rainy days.

They own at least 2 buildings in town & they have a cottage on their property that they rent out, and they host weddings and supposedly offer trail rides & similar "farm experience activities." Although to be honest, it doesn't look like they have a lot of business. Considering its wedding season, the only wedding that they seem to have hosted is their daughter's.  And considering that Amy seems to Instagram every damn thing on a daily basis, she's only mentioned 2 rentals in the last couple of months, and no mention of trail rides or other visitors to their "plantation"

tldr: They have other businesses, but so far it doesn't really look like they are generating enough income from those to maintain their lifestyle & pay their property taxes. I have no idea if they have an mortgages. Amy & her husband both served in their Air Force* & may be collecting pensions at some point, if they aren't already. They may also be eligible for military health care & insurance (and shopping at military facilities--such as in Pensacola.)

*Ironically, their eldest son hasn't joined the military & I wonder if they would allow their daughters to do so. Yet another example of fundy Christian parents with training, job skills & education who raise their kids to have less of those things.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know why Carver was performing in Vietnam? Haley and Carver’s IG stories never really do a good job of telling a story. It looks like it was some type of graduation ceremony at the Hanoi Opera House. Haley was wearing an evening gown. Did a group pay for them to travel there? It looks like they were staying at a very nice hotel.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Does anyone know why Carver was performing in Vietnam? Haley and Carver’s IG stories never really do a good job of telling a story. It looks like it was some type of graduation ceremony at the Hanoi Opera House. Haley was wearing an evening gown. Did a group pay for them to travel there? It looks like they were staying at a very nice hotel.

 

Screenshot_20240615_140152_Instagram.jpg

  • Thank You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, justpassingthru said:

 

Screenshot_20240615_140152_Instagram.jpg

Super Godly dress. Yikes.

  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Super Godly dress. Yikes.

This beats the story of Carver in the hotel robe 😑

  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I researched this KOTO organization a little. It’s a non-profit with the goal of providing hospitality training for at-risk youth in Vietnam. What a waste of donated funds hosting this 25th anniversary celebration. It would be interesting to know how Carver got connected with this group. It doesn’t seem to have a blatant Christian mission. Haley mentioned Carver performing in front of hundreds of people, so I’m guessing the audience was approximately 200 people.

  • Thank You 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I researched this KOTO organization a little. It’s a non-profit with the goal of providing hospitality training for at-risk youth in Vietnam. What a waste of donated funds hosting this 25th anniversary celebration. It would be interesting to know how Carver got connected with this group. It doesn’t seem to have a blatant Christian mission. Haley mentioned Carver performing in front of hundreds of people, so I’m guessing the audience was approximately 200 people.

What is hospitality training?
 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.