IGNORED

Lori Alexander 36: Still Confused on What Discipline Really Means

Before it disappears 

Why are you deleting my comments, Lori? I said nothing rude or disrespectful at all. I simply pointed out that what you are stating here is very dangerous and has the potential to cause serious harm to a child, and you have no factual researched medical proof to back that up. Do you really want a bad outcome on your conscience?

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Celtic Rose said:

Before it disappears 

Why are you deleting my comments, Lori? I said nothing rude or disrespectful at all. I simply pointed out that what you are stating here is very dangerous and has the potential to cause serious harm to a child, and you have no factual researched medical proof to back that up. Do you really want a bad outcome on your conscience?

I saw that, but it's gone now, at least I'm not seeing it.  I'm betting the commenter has been blocked as well.  

patriciafevers.PNG

6 minutes ago, Celtic Rose said:

Before it disappears 

That was super quick deleted.

Just because Lori's child responded this way she thinks all kids will respond the same way.

vickiear infections.PNG

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

patriciafevers.PNG

That was super quick deleted.

Rheumatic heart fever killed some of my dad's cousins. This was before antibiotics were widely used. Someone also needs to ask Lori about the flu pandemic in 1918. Did the approximately 100 million just not pray hard enough?

Compare the original. 

vikkifever.PNG.5f03a2707e6ebb525b7c1cd540a80d1f.PNG

To this. All this was changed within the hour. She deleted Vikki for pointing out the meaning of generally then goes back into her comment to add the word "generally".  And now she adds another casual word. A 106 fever is just the body "simply" fighting.  That is all. No big deal.

lorifevereditedcomments.PNG.26f5b19b0ad40a358831d18909a92c65.PNG

She's been spouting that febrile seizures are no biggie for a long time. Her pride and arrogance--with no education to black them up-are staggering. 

I have been a busy little :tw_bee: this morning and have about 35 screen shots of her current conversation including the edits and the removed posts.  Not sure what I'll do with them but they may be useful if someone complains about her FB page.

I don't have kids and I know how dangerous her advice is.  My normal temperature is 97.1, she doesn't take into account that children's normal temps can vary, too.

Goddamn, I'd like to smack her dried up face!!  :my_angry:  Jill Rodrigues is a fucking, narcissistic moron but, IMO, not as dangerous as Lori.  Lori remains my #1 worst fundie because her followers have all the discernment of a bicycle.

5 minutes ago, fluffy said:

She's been spouting that febrile seizures are no biggie for a long time. Her pride and arrogance--with no education to black them up-are staggering. 

Even the idiot Duggars called an ambulance when little Josie had a febrile seizure (at least Grandma Mary did while Jana and one of the crew were tending to Josie). 

5 hours ago, EowynW said:

Newborns receive adjustments often after birth, atleast in my area because we have some great chiros,  but I've never heard of adjusting a newborn for a fever. I'm pretty crunchy but in I say BS on that bit of advice. 

No offense intended at all, but why would a chiropractor give an adjustment to a newborn? What does it accomplish? Do you mean a healthy newborn, or one with problems? Just curious.

This stuff is the tip of the iceberg. Right now she's teaching fangirls how to make "wisdom maker" leather straps to beat kids and explaining how it took her and Ken four hours to break their kids' wills. Much as I suspected, she explains a motivation for leaving California with something like : "Make sure it's legal in your state to spank with something other than a hand. It's illegal in CA! :( One of the many reasons we want to leave. They will allow parents to have sex changes on their children but NOT use a rod on their bottom for rebellion." 

The talks about child beatings are unreal. Unreal. You'd almost think she didn't like kids or something...

4 minutes ago, fluffy said:

This stuff is the tip of the iceberg. Right now she's teaching fangirls how to make "wisdom maker" leather straps to beat kids and explaining how it took her and Ken four hours to break their kids' wills. Much as I suspected, she explains a motivation for leaving California with something like : "Make sure it's legal in your state to spank with something other than a hand. It's illegal in CA! :( One of the many reasons we want to leave. They will allow parents to have sex changes on their children but NOT use a rod on their bottom for rebellion." 

The talks about child beatings are unreal. Unreal. You'd almost think she didn't like kids or something...

Is this in the chatroom?

Also don’t understand how manipulating the spine can supposedly cure health issues... why would a baby need it??

2 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Thank you so much for sharing these things, Fluffy. It sounds like she is much more unguarded in the chat room. How do you "make" a strap, anyway? Is she tanning the leather?

So she really wants to leave California? That surprises me because she has a sick mother and other family there, including those three grandkids.  I wonder if Ryan's family will move along too.

I'm sure that if Lori's grandkids had a 106 fever she'd be on the way to the ER so fast. . . she seems to use conventional medical care when it's convenient. These fundies just fool around with their "medicines" when it's minor health issues that will probably go away anyway. 

I have a friend who is an ER doc and he says that he often sees fundy familes who did not vaccinate come into the ER sweating bullets when their kids are really sick. They are terrified that the kids have diptheria or polio or one of the other things they so cavalierly dismissed as unlikely to happen, or treatable with lemon water.

She is lashing out at her fangirls who question to logic of repeat beatings when other approaches have worked for them. The woman they are all coaching to whip her child just revealed that her husband does not agree with this approach.  "I have to tread very carefully here. I told my husband some of theseresponses and he's very against repeated spanking for something like this. Of course I'm not crazy about it either but I want a child who obeys me. I'm honestly not sure how to proceed."  

Lindsay suggests bringing a sticklike whip along in the diaper bag to church and putting it in the hymnal rack as a reminder. Ladies, you do not know the crazy!

2 minutes ago, Hisey said:

So she really wants to leave California? That surprises me because she has a sick mother and other family there, including those three grandkids.  I wonder if Ryan's family will move along too.

I wonder if she wants to get out of caring for her sick mother and helping with those grandkids.   

7 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I don't know if this has been covered or not, but her claim that chronic ear infections can't cause hearing loss pissed me off, badly. Don't mess around with chronic ear infections, they CAN cause hearing loss. SMDH.

https://www.asha.org/public/hearing/Otitis-Media/

That touched a nerve with me as well.  My sister had chronic infections and now lives with constant tinnitis.  Infections are nothing to play with.  While I can agree that antibiotics should be used as a last resort, they are absolutely necessary.  

36 minutes ago, Hisey said:

No offense intended at all, but why would a chiropractor give an adjustment to a newborn? What does it accomplish? Do you mean a healthy newborn, or one with problems? Just curious.

Sometimes they are born out of alignment. Especially babies born via C-section or vacuum/forceps. Birth can put them through a lot, actually. They usually are taken in for simple spinal and/or cranial adjustment 

Joining the chatroom is the easiest thing you've ever done online. Just a few minutes max. People need to document the child beating posts which ramp up about once or twice a week. It's obvious that kids are getting the shit knocked out of them at the hands of meek, submissive Christian wives and mothers. 

We've even got a little old grandma gleefully telling how her daughter uses a long glue stick (?) for whipping her kids and she can take it everywhere and leave it out as a reminder because no one knows what it's for. If what you're doing isn't wrong, then why the need for secrecy?! The grandmother is is in stitches over this. She recently hosted her five grandkids at her house for a number of days. What an absolute monster to love that your grandkids get whipped.  

29 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Also don’t understand how manipulating the spine can supposedly cure health issues... why would a baby need it??

My only experience with it helping an issue has been ear infections, but other than that I have no idea. Oh, and a friend of mine took her second born in on her pdiatriction's recommendation, as she rarely slept for 3 months. Not crying or fussing. Just calmly laying there. After one adjustment she started sleeping well. So there's that I guess. 

This also stood out to me:

this is why I give the doctor's recommendations at the bottom of the post but I am sure you would agree that the majority of mothers have no idea what a fevers purpose is in fighting illness. Most panic at the first sign of fever which I am trying to educate them about.

Who are these mothers who supposed don't know that a fever is the body's attempt to fight illness? And who are these women who are panicked over typical fevers? Because I work with children and families, and the only ones I know who "panic" (and that's a very judgmental word--become concerned would be a much better way to describe it) are parents with kids who are immunocompromised or have some other pre-existing condition that makes a fever extra worrisome. But most parents I know make their child comfortable, give them some popsicles or Gatorade, and, if the kiddo becomes too miserable, Tylonel or Motrin. Now, if it got up to 106, I imagine it'd be another story, but honestly I'd be panicking if I saw that on a thermometer too. 

Re febrile seizures: I know someone who took her baby daughter instantly to the doctor when she  began having a febrile seizure (I don't know how high the fever was, it's been about a year since this all began). The baby has had several since then, and believe it or not, Lori, her development has gone from totally normal to very delayed because of said seizures. So yeah, tell me--tell this mother--that febrile seizures are no big deal.

As for this latest bit about beating children with handmade (!!!) leather straps, my mind has ceased to function rationally and is now a seething white-hot mass of rage at the very thought. What the fucking HELL is wrong with her, and with anyone who thinks this is what God wants for their children?

I swear, something must have happened to the planet as we transitioned from 2017 to 2018--between scrotum sermons at the Maxwell-Bontrager wedding, to the new depths of grifting insanity by Jill R, to everything Lori has written in the past few weeks, the fundie crazy has ratcheted up beyond all belief. :huh:

My body temp tends to be low, not much over 97 F. With a fever of 100, I’m extremely uncomfortable. By 101, I’m damn near delirious.  You bet I’m taking something for the body aches! (By contrast, my middle sister could be running a 105 temp and dancing around playing. Our grandmother couldn’t believe how high the fever was and brought over a brand new thermometer to make sure!)

And UTIs? The last one I had was excruciating. My urine specimen looked like cranapple juice. I was smothering screams in the bathroom of the doctor’s office. At home, I was lying on the couch using Lamaze breathing (I was over 60!) and praying for the codeine to kick in.

Fuck you, Lori—If I’m refusing to let myself suffer like that, I’ll be goddamned if I do it to a child.

• Blahblah locked this topic

Archived