IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 14: Is It Time to Say the Family Is Complete?

Coconut Flan

I wonder how the Websters feel about Trump being a convicted felon- especially since last week Daniel Webster showed up in court in support of Trump?

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder how the Websters feel about Trump being a convicted felon- especially since last week Daniel Webster showed up in court in support of Trump?

Probably screaming "HE WAS FRAMED!!!!111" like the rest of the wingnuts.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

Probably screaming "HE WAS FRAMED!!!!111" like the rest of the wingnuts.

Unfortunately I know several people who believe he was framed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

In today's video, Alyssa explains this whole long story about her "excessively" large family and that to save money back when she was younger, she cut her brothers' hair. Well, apparently Jackson has decided he doesn't like the barbers in Florida and wants her to cut his hair again like she did when he was a kid. They trade haircut for Jackson sharpening her kitchen knives. She legit used like yellow handled regular looking scissors to do it. They get a new roof. They are campaigning for Daniel Webster again. They set out soda, Gatorade, popcorn, snacks, and pizza for the workers. They had their end of the year teacher evaluations (by some outside teacher). I don't know the homeschooling laws in Florida but I am surprised they have to comply with something like that. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

40 minutes ago, gobucks said:

In today's video, Alyssa explains this whole long story about her "excessively" large family and that to save money back when she was younger, she cut her brothers' hair. Well, apparently Jackson has decided he doesn't like the barbers in Florida and wants her to cut his hair again like she did when he was a kid. They trade haircut for Jackson sharpening her kitchen knives. She legit used like yellow handled regular looking scissors to do it. They get a new roof. They are campaigning for Daniel Webster again. They set out soda, Gatorade, popcorn, snacks, and pizza for the workers. They had their end of the year teacher evaluations (by some outside teacher). I don't know the homeschooling laws in Florida but I am surprised they have to comply with something like that. 

I think the evaluations are through teachers from Abeka. The same teachers that are in the videos the kid watch. The videos have a teacher in an actual classroom with other students, and then it is also taped for homeschooling. My guess the evaluations are done over zoom. I assume the actual school those teachers in the videos are at is part of Pensacola College, since that is who Abeka is through.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Watching BUB reruns, it struck me that Alyssa doesn't seem particularly close to Erin, nor, really, Michael and Tori. Those 3 seem like the most conservative sisters, so I guess I'm not surprised. Then again, we only see what they show us.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Watching BUB reruns, it struck me that Alyssa doesn't seem particularly close to Erin, nor, really, Michael and Tori. Those 3 seem like the most conservative sisters, so I guess I'm not surprised. Then again, we only see what they show us.

I don't know that Alyssa is close to any sibling in particular. She always seems to be a what have you done for me lately type. When asked about her favorite or who she is closest to, she typically answers with whoever has been to Florida recently and is helping her with whatever. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I don't know that Alyssa is close to any sibling in particular. She always seems to be a what have you done for me lately type. When asked about her favorite or who she is closest to, she typically answers with whoever has been to Florida recently and is helping her with whatever. 

As much as it appears that way, up until recently, Alyssa was the sibling who was in the highest number of siblings’ weddings. She was MOH for several of her sisters. I think her inclusion only fell off when the boys started getting married.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

As much as it appears that way, up until recently, Alyssa was the sibling who was in the highest number of siblings’ weddings. She was MOH for several of her sisters. I think her inclusion only fell off when the boys started getting married.

She seems (or at least seemed) genuinely connected to Josie. Having 80 billion kids will cut into your free time, though.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

There's tension between Alyssa and Erin from the fact that Erin was allowed to bang on the piano all the time while Alyssa did things like cooking, cleaning and sister moming At least's that the rumor though I think there is some truth to it since Erin went into her marriage with Chad not knowing how to cook at all. She had to teacher herself.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, dawn9476 said:

There's tension between Alyssa and Erin from the fact that Erin was allowed to bang on the piano all the time while Alyssa did things like cooking, cleaning and sister moming At least's that the rumor though I think there is some truth to it since Erin went into her marriage with Chad not knowing how to cook at all. She had to teacher herself.

That actually makes some sense. I remember that Erin didn’t really know how to cook. 

• Upvote 4

I remember initially wondering if Erin couldn't cook was more of a story line because it seemed absurd to me that a family that promotes stereotypical gender roles had a daughter getting married that didn't know how to cook. Initially I wondered was Erin just not as good of a cook, it didn't come as easily to her, she wasn't as interested, she put in less effort than the others, but it did seem like she didn't have much cooking experience which surprised me.

I imagine there are plenty of us that get annoyed with having to figure out something for dinner every night. I truly can't imagine being Alyssa tasked with cooking dinner every single night for a huge family and watching Erin practice her music thinking that music practice only benefits Erin. I bet there was many a night when Alyssa was sick and tired of cooking again wishing she could do something that just served herself like Erin practicing her music. Gil and Kelly Jo probably liked that Erin was the musician and could play at church, but if I was Alyssa that wouldn't seem fair to me. Alyssa doesn't seem to enjoy a lot of noise, and may have known she had to cook dinner, and if she had to listen to Erin practicing while cooking it probably irritated her. 

My cousin got his young son noise canceling headphones to wear at large events (weddings), and his son does great with them. I bet Alyssa would have liked a pair of those headphones. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I don't think Alyssa did all the cooking but most of it. I think Michael did some cooking, too, but Michael also had her own sister moming to do. And isn't Michael the only one who had outside babysitting jobs?

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

I don't think Alyssa did all the cooking but most of it. I think Michael did some cooking, too, but Michael also had her own sister moming to do. And isn't Michael the only one who had outside babysitting jobs?

And potty trained almost all of her siblings. And sewed all the jumpers/dresses and I think bloomers/knickerbockers for all the females. And was Kelly Jo’s official right hand 🤮

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

Alyssa was a maid. She was hard worker and shy and not a good student, so Kelly loaded her with chores. Erin was spoiled and admired by her parents. I'm sure many siblings were jealous.

Tori and Carlin were sistermoms too. I think Alysa mothered some of the middle boys, that's why they are so close. 

• Upvote 14

6 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Alyssa was a maid. She was hard worker and shy and not a good student, so Kelly loaded her with chores. Erin was spoiled and admired by her parents. I'm sure many siblings were jealous.

Tori and Carlin were sistermoms too. I think Alysa mothered some of the middle boys, that's why they are so close. 

She also hates chaos and mess. So she was probably diligent about cleaning and tidying. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

And potty trained almost all of her siblings. And sewed all the jumpers/dresses and I think bloomers/knickerbockers for all the females. And was Kelly Jo’s official right hand 🤮

I forgot about toilet training. IIRC from the show, Tori was the one who let that little tidbit slip about Michael.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Yeah, there was a reason Alyssa flew the coop when she was still a teenager.

Erin is a self-centered pill. Yet another thing Gil and Kelly fucked up.

• Upvote 10

Ugh, let's exploit the kids for clicks!

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

Have no fear Macie and Rhett are sitting in front of the TV learning their ABCs- Rhett is 1-

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Have no fear Macie and Rhett are sitting in front of the TV learning their ABCs- Rhett is 1-

Yes, Rhett is 1. The biggest age gap is between Zoey and Maci, right? Almost 3 years. So, I guess we got 2 or 3 more years to go before we can know if they can live up to the title......

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

Yes, Rhett is 1. The biggest age gap is between Zoey and Maci, right? Almost 3 years. So, I guess we got 2 or 3 more years to go before we can know if they can live up to the title......

Yes because that is when Alyssa was having those issues with her heart. I think she had multiple surgeries.

• Upvote 8

IIRC they got pregnant with Maci right after they got the all clear with her heart.

• Upvote 4

Alyssa puts the whole father's day thing with the kids online. These kids are never going to learn to do anything without the camera on them.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched Alyssas last vlog since i was curious if she was going to mention why they didnt attend july 4th at the farm this year, she didnt really say other that mentioning they celebrated at their house with Johns family this year.

But the first part of the video with Warden visiting was more interesting. She took him to get glasses because aparently his eyesight has gotten really bad (Warden said Alyssa is the only person telling him he should get it checked, i know he is an adult now but still Alyssa behaves more like his mom than his actual mom does). While they waited for Costco to open they went to a drive-thru and there was an interesting exchange with Warden saying he found the girl that works there cute and Alyssa encouraging him to go ask for her number.

Alyssa seemed happy to have her brother visiting, but still seems really overwhelmed by her kids. Couldnt stop complaining about how much it was to go to costco with 5 kids. If she gets overwhelmed by a visit to the supermarket with all her kids i imagine thats the reason why they are not travelling much lately, she must find road tripping with them horrible. At this point it would be insane to have more kids. I really hope John doesnt push her for more. Its clear Alyssa doesnt want more kids and cant manage the ones she already has (and John barely helps her anyway).

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6