IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 8: Expecting the Expected (a Boy)

samurai_sarah

54 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Well, I haven’t seen that many gender reveals here in NL anyway...

and happy about that.

True, most are Fb-reveals instead of actual party’s. But it’s coming...

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

True, most are Fb-reveals instead of actual party’s. But it’s coming...

I am mostly getting them by text or just in a casual conversation. Pregnancy announcements do come via fb though.

Knowing our sodding luck from now on out it’ll be the most fundamentalist of the lot who get all the girls. Because the fates apparently want the world to suffer. 

But hallelujah for one more boy. (One more uneducated, uber-conservative, unemployed boy, ready to take up his rightful place as overlord and dictator. And that still beats a girl, isn’t that depressing.)

9 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I've still got JoKen pegged for a "Joe Jr"

Spoiler

joe-jr.jpg.aefc3c87faf82eb85a689fba49803921.jpg

Still single!

4 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

As far as the announcement goes, i’d never seen it before (we don’t have that many open fields in the Netherlands that would permit this) but at least they put effort in it and it beats anything with balloons.

My (admittedly) Redneck friend's child did a reveal involving balloons... and guns. The balloon was filled with blue paint, and the babydaddy shot the balloon with his everyday-carry to reveal their baby's sex. lol

Glad it's a boy, like everyone else!

Even if it's unrealistic to expect all of the Duggar grandchildren to be boys... If each respective Duggar child has only boys for at least their first few kids, then maybe we can avoid some sister mom situations and keep the number of children had by each to a lower number. It's a lot easier to have 19 kids with a Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger around to take over mothering. 

Wow, imagine being theonly girl in a sea of boy cousins and brothers. She will do ALL the work!!!! The horror! I already feel bad for Mackynzie and Meredith. They are older than most of the boys and probably already do all the housework, at least Mackynzie. Poor Mack!

ps.: I have the feeling that Joy and Jinger will have boys as well.

1 hour ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Glad it's a boy, like everyone else!

Even if it's unrealistic to expect all of the Duggar grandchildren to be boys... If each respective Duggar child has only boys for at least their first few kids, then maybe we can avoid some sister mom situations and keep the number of children had by each to a lower number. It's a lot easier to have 19 kids with a Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger around to take over mothering. 

Michelle said in one  of the early episodes that she is glas God has given her more daughters first because they could help her with all the work. This shows how much they really need older girls in the family and are pretty much lost without some older girls in the mix. The ideal birth order for quiverfull fundie families is pretty much:

1st: boy

2nd-4th girls

5th-10th boys with one girl in there

Yay! I was thinking they might have a girl since every Duggar child up to this point has had a firstborn of the opposite sex (although Joy is still tbd), but boys being born in this family is the ideal outcome. I am still holding my breath about Joy though, as she is the one I want to have a girl the least.

I get the impression that having your first born be a boy is ideal in fundy land so he can be the leader of the pack or whatever then they want to start their quiver of girls to help with the house work. So in a way it seems like they might perceive all these first born boys as a reward from god. Which will only compound their beliefs so I'm not sure this is any better than them having girls because they will have girls eventually no matter how bad we want all boys.

hopefully that made sense, I'm running on very little sleep.

:( I don't really want to think about Joy having a baby, knowing that they will be using the Pearls. 

I’m curious to see how difficult it will be to marry off this next generation of Duggar boys.  If the Duggar children follow mom and dad’s parenting model, there are going to be a whole bunch of Duggar grandsons with poor educations and very little skills for supporting a family and by then, the TV show will hopefully be gone and they won’t even have reality TV fame to offer up.

4 hours ago, victoriasponge said:

Knowing our sodding luck from now on out it’ll be the most fundamentalist of the lot who get all the girls.

That would be Joy (at least in my books). Earlier I would have said Jill without a doubt, but her two are boys and there probably aren't many more kids in sight for her. Joy and Austin seem like the ones who are going to be the most fundamentalist of them all, but I hope I'm wrong. There's just something about Austin that makes him look very controlling and serious, and Joy doesn't seem to have too many independent thoughts or ideas from Austin.

It has always struck me as strange that fundies seem to believe that having a son as firstborn will somehow mean that he will be "leading" and "guiding" his younger siblings.

Now I know my experience is only anecdotal, and I am sure people will jump on me here and present me with examples of their fathers, brothers or sons having been excellent providers, leaders, or protectors of their younger siblings, but it has still always seemed to me that firstborn boys, especially in large families, tend to be very reserved, shy, almost awkward or at least not very interested in their younger siblings. If they had a sister as next closest sibling, it would usually be this girl that would end up "in charge" - even if not forced to be a sistermom, they would often end up running the nursery, helping, guiding and controlling the younger siblings, and even later on being the one who tends to keep the family together, organises family events, etc.

The patriarchal belief that it's somehow men who are born as natural guides and leaders often seems to me more based on ideology than on actual fact.

Agreed. I think Jill has the potential to have the smallest number of children of these older married siblings. Joy is looking the scariest at the moment just because we have basically confirmed they like the Pearl method and want to follow it, and just based on how she was acting in her wedding episodes she seems so dyed in the wool fundie... I had some small hope that they would focus on home renovations and flipping houses and it would be a nice secular activity for them but I think they might end up being the worst.

33 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

Now I know my experience is only anecdotal, and I am sure people will jump on me here and present me with examples of their fathers, brothers or sons having been excellent providers, leaders, or protectors of their younger siblings, but it has still always seemed to me that firstborn boys, especially in large families, tend to be very reserved, shy, almost awkward or at least not very interested in their younger siblings. If they had a sister as next closest sibling, it would usually be this girl that would end up "in charge" - even if not forced to be a sistermom, they would often end up running the nursery, helping, guiding and controlling the younger siblings, and even later on being the one who tends to keep the family together, organises family events, etc.

This is definitely how it is in my family. I'm the second of five and the only girl. Of all my siblings I am least close with my older brother. We're only a year and a half apart. When we were young I was the one put in charge of the kids if my parents were out. We were all homeschooled, youngest brother still is, and I was the one expected to help out with schoolwork. After I learned to drive and started college, I was the one asked to help drop off/pick up younger sibs from whatever activities they had going on. Wasn't a sistermom situation or anything but my older brother wasn't the least bit interested in our younger siblings, so my parents just stopped asking him to help out. I think it's a personality thing. He is very 'Me Me ME'. 

Now that I'm grown up, I can definitely tell I'll be the one dealing with our aging parents when it comes time for that, I'm already the one getting everyone together for Christmas and what not.

From I've observed this is mostly true. I'm sure it's not true all the way around though. However potentially, it could mean less kids for the marrieds. Someone is going to have a girl eventually. I'm sure at least Joy or Jinger will this year if I had to guess. 

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Wow, imagine being theonly girl in a sea of boy cousins and brothers. She will do ALL the work!!!! The horror! I already feel bad for Mackynzie and Meredith. They are older than most of the boys and probably already do all the housework, at least Mackynzie. Poor Mack!

ps.: I have the feeling that Joy and Jinger will have boys as well.

She has Jenny, Jordyn and Josie-

Hallelujah it's male!

Firing guns during any kind of baby celebration is fucking bizarre to me. Here's a little box that represents our baby!! Let's FILL IT WITH BULLETS

16 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Hooray a boy! I’m only mildly okay with Jinger having a girl. 

Nope, the only one I am OK with is Jessa. People think Jinger is free because she is wearing pants but I bet Jeremy is the one dressing her and on top of that he is very vile if you look at his sermons. 

Jessa on the other hand seems to let her kids be kids the boys even play with dolls. Ben isn't into hardcore hateful Christianity like the rest of the men. Also, Ben has three sisters all of which have very non-fundie lives.

2 minutes ago, justpassingby said:

Ben isn't into hardcore hateful Christianity like the rest of the men.

Yes, he is. And I say this as someone for whom Ben and Jessa are about as close to 'pet fundies' as it gets with me. Ben is into exactly the same hardcore hateful Christianity as the rest of them. Maybe he's not a Trump supporter, which is great, but he's still a hardcore Calvinist evangelical fundamentalist Christian. 

Along with everyone else, I'm so very glad that it is a boy. I don't think there will ever be anyone that I know in real life that I wish against them having girls more than I do on this site for the multiple families that are discussed.  I get a slight amount of anxiety when I think about what the other two Pg duggars' babies' genders are.  I'm thinking this is a good sign of the beginning of a tried and true Fjer, LOL! 

It’s like a Disney-esque witch put a curse on their family so now they can only have boys. Must have happened after Meredith

11 minutes ago, brusselsgriffon said:

It’s like a Disney-esque witch put a curse on their family so now they can only have boys. Must have happened after Meredith

the curse of 2015 , josh's scandals

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived