IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 8: Expecting the Expected (a Boy)

samurai_sarah

Am I the only one that thinks sister aunts/cousins will be farmed out to various families if no girls appear? Hannie, Jennie, Jordyn, Mac, and Meredith, right? Or will all  the baby boys come over to TTH for the girls to watch them? 

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Am I the only one that thinks sister aunts/cousins will be farmed out to various families if no girls appear? Hannie, Jennie, Jordyn, Mac, and Meredith, right? Or will all  the baby boys come over to TTH for the girls to watch them? 

Maybe one of the more enterprising Duggars will open a Duggar Day Care and Pre(home)school, for $s.  I could see them inviting SAHDs from acceptable families to work there for next to nothing.  Even with some of the families living out-of-town, I suspect there will be enough remaining near home to make it worthwhile.

It’s almost certainly a golden set up in the Duggar mind. There’s 4 little sisters in need of Godly  helpmeat  training and 4 older sisters that will need an assistant sooner rather than later. Anna has already got that covered . This assumes Josie isn’t pampered so much she gets exempted and Jin and/or Joy don’t have girls first. 

I'm more of a skirt wearer because pants will.not.stay.up.on.my.body. I'm not going to judge Kendra on her dress even though it does look more matronly than I'd expect on a 19/20yo. Skirts and tops look weird on me when I'm pregnant. Like the top of me is too large for the bottom of me. No idea if that is the case for her, but I tend to gravitate toward that flowy dress look as well because I cannot remain sane yanking at pants and I look so oddly disproportionate in tops and skirts together while pregnant. 

Also, it just occurred to me that I'd bet a dollar her mother lent her/gave her maternity clothes which would explain the style. 

Lastly, I'm due in June and having a boy as well. Second boy for us. :)

12 hours ago, eveandadam said:

the curse of 2015 , josh's scandals

Never realized but indeed, no girl was conceived in the Duggar family (as far as we know) after the scandals started breaking out.

Hopefully it stays that way. 

On 2/3/2018 at 9:01 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That is a redneck gender reveal.  Only things I've seem more redneck was the noodling reveal. 

Now in my messed up mind, I’m thinking of ideas for an even more redneck reveal. How about putting a food coloring capsule in chewing tobacco and having the father spit to reveal the sex? Or a colored bait for hunting dogs to find that reveals the sex when they retrieve it? I feel like there’s a potential business for me in this...

On 2/4/2018 at 12:36 AM, Timetraveler said:

I am seriously wondering if fundie girls/women would sort of try to prevent having more children once they have had, for example, 5 or 8 boys and 0 girls to "help" (=raise the children for) them.

I doubt it. This is when they would use their sons to help around the house with cooking and cleaning. It's not men's work until THEY need the help, and then it's acceptable. 

I really hope Joy has nothing but boys. I'd be okay with Jill having a girl, even though she's hardcore fundamentalist. Her amount of kids are numbered, she probably won't have more than 6, so it wouldn't be too damning for her to have a girl or two. 

27 minutes ago, viii said:

I doubt it. This is when they would use their sons to help around the house with cooking and cleaning. It's not men's work until THEY need the help, and then it's acceptable. 

I really hope Joy has nothing but boys. I'd be okay with Jill having a girl, even though she's hardcore fundamentalist. Her amount of kids are numbered, she probably won't have more than 6, so it wouldn't be too damning for her to have a girl or two. 

So dWRECK can talk about evil women to his daughter? No thanks. She can have all boys. 

57 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So dWRECK can talk about evil women to his daughter? No thanks. She can have all boys. 

Technically, he shouldn't be having ANY children. Boys don't need to hear his garbage any more than girls do. 

21 minutes ago, viii said:

Technically, he shouldn't be having ANY children. Boys don't need to hear his garbage any more than girls do. 

This. I really don’t understand why it’s supposedly better if there are fewer girls born into the Duggar Borg. It’s not like there is any shortage of girls in other fundie families who would love to marry a Duggar, Dillard, Seewald, or Vuolo boy in twenty odd years. The boys would still be spreading harmful ideas regardless of whether they have sons or daughters. Plus, I suspect that the Lost Girls, Josie, and Mac are all being farmed out as auntie/sister moms at the TTH, so the circle of undereducated girls undereducating their siblings/cousins/nephews/nieces will still continue unabated until they marry and start the process all over again. I get that there is a hope that if some of the Duggar 2.0 families have mostly boys then that means that they will be forced to learn housework. However, I think the Duggars are so obsessed with gender roles that I could see them just finding some SAHD from another family to be a housekeeper, lest their precious boys be sullied by doing “women’s work.”

51 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I really don’t understand why it’s supposedly better if there are fewer girls born into the Duggar Borg. It’s not like there is any shortage of girls in other fundie families who would love to marry a Duggar, Dillard, Seewald, or Vuolo boy in twenty odd years. The boys would still be spreading harmful ideas regardless of whether they have sons or daughters. 

I guess for me it's the fact that girls will definitely be subjected to the horrible patriarchy (forced to become sister-moms, taught that they are inferior to their brothers, made to believe they are responsible for men's actions), whereas with the boys, there is at least a chance that when they're grown up, they will reject their upbringing and thus not subject another generation to this BS. Of course a lot of it is wishful thinking. What I REALLY want is for these people to stop procreating unless and until they stop being hateful, bigoted assholes. But since that doesn't seem likely...

I can't wish infertility on people, so I go with the lesser of the evils; I hope that they have boys. Sure boys get the same shitty education, they have shitty beliefs, but they aren't told that they aren't as good as girls. They are built up and not pushed down. 

I'm kind of in the camp of it being just as bad for them to have boys. Both sexes will be subjected to abuse and oppression. If they only have boys, those boys will just find other vulnerable fundie women to marry, or even worse, convert formerly non-fundie women into fundies. They will grow up into the next generation of abusers and oppressors, but then again, so will the women.

Really, when you get down to it, it makes almost no difference. Generally speaking the population will be about 50% male, 50% female. Jim Bob and Michelle had a whole bunch of boys in a row, and then a whole bunch of girls. The sex ratio of their grandchildren will probably even out too, and if it doesn't, the fundie population in general will. Actually, if anything I would argue that there are probably more single female fundies than males, so it's worse for them to have mostly boys, because it will allow for more (and earlier) marriages within fundamentalism to occur.

And if one of them does have a girl (because, let’s face it, one of them will at some point), I would want that girl to have a sister, for girl talk and sharing of the sister-mom duties. I wouldn’t want there to be another Arndt situation. I particularly would want there to be a sister if the oldest was a girl (like Mackynzie). 

It’s all just so incredibly fucked up. I was my maternal grandparents’ only granddaughter.  I was my parents’ only daughter.  I felt a little bit special sometimes, as my grandmother would make dresses and nighties for me, which I loved. (The aprons she made me sucked balls, though, if I’m being honest.)  And my brothers were asked to do a few things around the house, as was I.   My point is, being the only girl, or one of many, should not mean a life of servitude to one’s family. Ever. It’s such a different world these people inhabit, I simply don’t recognize it. Sadly, I know many of you do.

31 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

They are built up and not pushed down. 

Except they are taught to push girls down. They are taught how to treat women, how to speak to them, what to expect of them, and so much more. 

Is it rough to be a girl in a fundie world? Absolutely. It's not any easier for boys though, and they have their own battles and scars. I think it's tacky to wish infertility on anyone, but I don't think you can wish one sex over the other because both have pros/cons. 

On 12/29/2017 at 11:06 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

I rollerbladed well into my pregnancy and my midwife never had a problem with it. She just suggested I avoid hills. and not going too fast. 

I was a ski bum back in the day and my midwife told me I could continue skiing as long as I could still buckle my own boots. That got me to about 8 months.

Joseph has such a baby face, I can't believe he's 23. But then he has the 47-year-old Duggar man hairline. :/

1 hour ago, viii said:

Is it rough to be a girl in a fundie world? Absolutely. It's not any easier for boys though, and they have their own battles and scars. I think it's tacky to wish infertility on anyone, but I don't think you can wish one sex over the other because both have pros/cons. 

Indeed, it doesn't matter if you're a boy or girl; growing up in an oppressive society is painful, stifling and damaging for both sexes.

Sure it looks like boys have it easier because they appear to have somewhat more freedom than girls, they are raised to be "headships" after all whereas all a girl can aspire to is to be a "helpmeet". And yet... what if the uber-masculine fundie lifestyle doesn't appeal to you? Not every man is cut out to be a macho headship, just as not every woman wants to be a meek helpmeet.

The tragedy of every conservative society with very strict gender rules is that they leave no freedom for the individual. You are expected to live up to the role of stereotypical "man" or "woman", irrespective of your personality, needs or interests.

Male or female, if you don't fit the stereotype, it will cause you terrible pain.

Also, how stressful would it be to have to support so many, with no education or ability to work for others.  I'm surprised more don't die young from the stress of that.  I'm very educated and support a family of 3 and its still super stressful!

Exactly. Can you imagine having to support a dozen children, plus a wife, all with no education or the ability to accept leadership from someone else? Teaching boys to be "headships" damages them just as much as the women they lord over.

When it comes down to it - it's not a competition. Both boys and girls are damaged within a fundie atmosphere. 

3 hours ago, Fascinated said:

It’s all just so incredibly fucked up. I was my maternal grandparents’ only granddaughter.  I was my parents’ only daughter.  I felt a little bit special sometimes, as my grandmother would make dresses and nighties for me, which I loved. (The aprons she made me sucked balls, though, if I’m being honest.)  And my brothers were asked to do a few things around the house, as was I.   My point is, being the only girl, or one of many, should not mean a life of servitude to one’s family. Ever. It’s such a different world these people inhabit, I simply don’t recognize it. Sadly, I know many of you do.

So true.I was my parents' only daughter,too.My brother's were asked to help and I was,too.But ,two of my brother's refused..and got away with it.One does help his wife a lot around the house,though....the other is utterly lazy and the house he lives in looks like it should be on an episode of Hoarders...seriously.Another brother,the most helpful one,of all...came to help ..my lazy brother...and had an asthma attack...too much dust,and he had to use his inhaler.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived