IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 8: Expecting the Expected (a Boy)

samurai_sarah

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/3/2018 at 8:35 PM, Beermeet said:

Do you know or does it seem for vacation or new opportunity?  

Based on observation/who sits around me in the airport/on the plane for flights to YVR to MEX- It seems like more for vacation right now.  Flights to YVR are probably both. 

19 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I can't wish infertility on people, so I go with the lesser of the evils; I hope that they have boys. Sure boys get the same shitty education, they have shitty beliefs, but they aren't told that they aren't as good as girls. They are built up and not pushed down. 

I just always hope they have boys, because you don't see and "brother dads" in that clan. There are only so many girls left to be either "sister moms" our "auntie moms". Seeing as how they all view child raising as women's work, I like to think having nothing but boys, will limit the number of kids. Even though I can totally see all of the Duggar daughters, keep popping out kid after kid, until they get a girl, then popping out more kids, until their lone daughter has a sister to bond with.

1 hour ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

I just always hope they have boys, because you don't see and "brother dads" in that clan. There are only so many girls left to be either "sister moms" our "auntie moms". Seeing as how they all view child raising as women's work, I like to think having nothing but boys, will limit the number of kids. Even though I can totally see all of the Duggar daughters, keep popping out kid after kid, until they get a girl, then popping out more kids, until their lone daughter has a sister to bond with.

I think JD has filled in some of that Brother-Dad role sometimes.  He has been featured giving driving lessons to his younger siblings, etc.  I strongly suspect that he and Jana have an odd surrogate parent relationship with the younger Duggars.  

The ideal fundie birth order would be honeymoon boy girl twins with the boy born first, of course, then a handful of girls and then lots of male "arrows."

54 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

I think JD has filled in some of that Brother-Dad role sometimes.  He has been featured giving driving lessons to his younger siblings, etc.  I strongly suspect that he and Jana have an odd surrogate parent relationship with the younger Duggars.  

The ideal fundie birth order would be honeymoon boy girl twins with the boy born first, of course, then a handful of girls and then lots of male "arrows."

I think JD was always the "big brother" to most of the kids, Josh was separated when the youngest 12 were either 5 & under or not even born yet.  Everyone from Joy/Jed/Jerr down was not raised with Josh as their big perfect brother.  None of the lost girls or howlers from probably Jason/James down looked up to Josh as any thing other than a flawed distant person who was kept at arms length. Joe & Si are kind of in a limbo age where they probably did look up to him but had that take from them.  I think a LOT of responsibility was put on JD & Jana to be the example for their siblings, and to care for them, and I think that goes a long way in explaining why neither of them are married.  They are still beholden to care for the howlers and lost girls.  

10 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think JD was always the "big brother" to most of the kids, Josh was separated when the youngest 12 were either 5 & under or not even born yet.  Everyone from Joy/Jed/Jerr down was not raised with Josh as their big perfect brother.  None of the lost girls or howlers from probably Jason/James down looked up to Josh as any thing other than a flawed distant person who was kept at arms length. Joe & Si are kind of in a limbo age where they probably did look up to him but had that take from them.  I think a LOT of responsibility was put on JD & Jana to be the example for their siblings, and to care for them, and I think that goes a long way in explaining why neither of them are married.  They are still beholden to care for the howlers and lost girls.  

Even before Joshgate 1.0, I thought it was weird how disconnected Josh seemed to be from his siblings, whereas JD was doing the brother-dad thing. I remember when the family temporarily moved to Little Rock how Jackson and Johanna expressed sadness that JD wasn’t there, but I never heard anything like that about Josh at any time. JB and Michelle may have still thought of Josh as their golden boy eldest who would advance their agenda in the wider world, but it doesn’t seem like his siblings felt the same way. All of this puts JD in a terrible position of having to make up for Josh’s misdeeds by being the perfect fundie son/brother and having to be a brother-dad, since JB and Michelle seems to have outsourced day to day parenting to their elder children a long time ago.

I’m just sad to see any kid born into their family since there is a lack of emphasis on education. Every child should have access to a quality education. It seems to be one of the lowest priorities for JB and Michelle. Time will tell if the Duggar offspring will do better but it’s scary to think of all these under-educated adults teaching their kids. While I do agree that it’s better for more boys to be born than girls, I just think the whole situation is a mess. 

ETA of course with education comes more independent thoughts and they can’t have that. So I get why they avoid educating their kids (in theory)

I still think it's better to wish boys upon them (as somebody said, wishing infertility is just awful though early menopause I am down with). If you are a girl, you will have a poor education, you'll be forced to be a sister-mom at a VERY young age (look at the Andersons where ZsuZsu just made a sling for her 9-year-old daughter to wear newborn child #10), and you may be stuck rearing who knows how many of your own siblings + the children of your older (male and female) siblings, etc. And you won't work outside of the home so your external contacts and ability to possibly escape are that much poorer.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks to be born into this patriarchy no matter what - I wouldn't even want to be a pet in one of their families, nevermind an actual child. BUT the girls are born with the weight of expectations including those flowing from the laziness of their own parents.

On 2/4/2018 at 8:03 AM, SweetJuly said:

it has still always seemed to me that firstborn boys, especially in large families, tend to be very reserved, shy, almost awkward or at least not very interested in their younger siblings. If they had a sister as next closest sibling, it would usually be this girl that would end up "in charge" - even if not forced to be a sistermom

This happened in my husband's family. He is the oldest of 9, with the birth order going brother, then sister (3 kids in fewer than 3 years), then several more boys, a couple girls, then a boy. Husband was disinterested, and is introverted and awkward (he would agree, as these are his words to describe himself). It wasn't until they grew out of babyhood and started asking questions that he became the Pied Piper (my MIL's words). The oldest girl was not a sister mom, but was interested in taking care of the littles. She married young, but stopped at 3.

On 08/02/2018 at 6:45 AM, RainbowSky said:

Josh and JD had one buddy IIRC.

They may have had Joe and Si as they were not listed as part of any of the buddy teams. They were listed as Jim Bob's helpers after Josh and John began working outside the home. Josh and John probably were in charge of any maintenance jobs with Joe and Si as their assistants until they took over. 

20 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

They may have had Joe and Si as they were not listed as part of any of the buddy teams. They were listed as Jim Bob's helpers after Josh and John began working outside the home. Josh and John probably were in charge of any maintenance jobs with Joe and Si as their assistants until they took over. 

If seriously damn near swear the Michelle was listing them off and said her x age son Josh had a buddy x kid.

I was pregnant with my oldest and my mom watched it

I sat through it in shock lol! 

29 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

If seriously damn near swear the Michelle was listing them off and said her x age son Josh had a buddy x kid.

I was pregnant with my oldest and my mom watched it

I sat through it in shock lol! 

Their is a scene where Josh calms down James but he is Jill's buddy, Michelle originally made out the boys had buddies in the specials but in the show the 4 oldest girls had buddies. 

Just now, Glasgowghirl said:

Their is a scene where Josh calms down James but he is Jill's buddy, Michelle originally made out the boys had buddies in the specials but in the show the 4 oldest girls had buddies. 

Yeah I'm talking about 14 Kids! I forgot to mention that part LOL

On 09/02/2018 at 7:30 AM, AtlanticTug said:

I still think it's better to wish boys upon them (as somebody said, wishing infertility is just awful though early menopause I am down with). If you are a girl, you will have a poor education, you'll be forced to be a sister-mom at a VERY young age (look at the Andersons where ZsuZsu just made a sling for her 9-year-old daughter to wear newborn child #10), and you may be stuck rearing who knows how many of your own siblings + the children of your older (male and female) siblings, etc. And you won't work outside of the home so your external contacts and ability to possibly escape are that much poorer.

Unfortunately none of us have the choice to be born. Forcing your children to do the parenting you should be doing makes me an angry Corruption. Don't have kids if you can't look after them!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, anaandrade said:

Someone posted that Kendra's due date is June 17th on the most recent post in this thread.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the source for that is. It seems plausible, but I did a quick baby registry search myself and couldn't find anything for Kendra Duggar (or Kendra Caldwell). And people have been known to make fake Duggar registries. So I'm taking it with a grain of salt for now.

https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/3LB074RA42IV8?ref=br_search_page_result_1

this is the registry. It could be real. Joy’s registry has been up for months and it had the feb 22nd due date all along, which later Joy confirmed to be the actual date. 

What’s throwing me off about this registry is the amount of stuff..it has lots of nursing pillows for some reason 

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/3LB074RA42IV8?ref=br_search_page_result_1

this is the registry. It could be real. Joy’s registry has been up for months and it had the feb 22nd due date all along, which later Joy confirmed to be the actual date. 

What’s throwing me off about this registry is the amount of stuff..it has lots of nursing pillows for some reason 

A lot of them are covers for the nursing pillow.  Like a pillow case.  I see one boppy and one my breast friend for actual pillows.

Pretty solid registry. Most of those nursing pillows are covers. I loved my boppy and I wasn't even able to nurse. It was still great for holding baby. I also approve of the sitmeup. That thing was my jam. 

16 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Pretty solid registry. Most of those nursing pillows are covers. I loved my boppy and I wasn't even able to nurse. It was still great for holding baby. I also approve of the sitmeup. That thing was my jam. 

Its weird though, that she has so many organics products and then there is Johnson and Johnson. Usually that's the first thing people remove when they go the organic route.

She's probably one of those that just thinks organic sounds better instead of actually researching what's in her products. 

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

She's probably one of those that just thinks organic sounds better instead of actually researching what's in her products. 

Researching leads to thinking and thinking leads to sin.

35 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yeah the multitude of Babyganics products is a dead giveaway, lots of people just assume they're great because "organic" but most of their stuff still includes questionable ingredients (depending on how particular you are about ingredients in baby products). They're still a few steps above J&J though. Can't fault her for trying to use "safer" products for her baby! ETA: Assuming that is, in fact, a real registry for JoKen.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:00 PM, mstee said:

I’m just sad to see any kid born into their family since there is a lack of emphasis on education. Every child should have access to a quality education. It seems to be one of the lowest priorities for JB and Michelle. Time will tell if the Duggar offspring will do better but it’s scary to think of all these under-educated adults teaching their kids. While I do agree that it’s better for more boys to be born than girls, I just think the whole situation is a mess. 

ETA of course with education comes more independent thoughts and they can’t have that. So I get why they avoid educating their kids (in theory)

Please, in NO WAY am I defending them! But there curriculum (they used SOS--Switched on Schoolhouse--not only the stupid wisdom books) met every state standard. It is essentially the normal alternative school, self-paced curriculum with Bible added. Again, I'm NOT defending them, but they did get a basic education--if not a very thrilling one. And, how many kids get to travel around the world? I think THAT was very eye-opening for them. Now back to normal snarking on the Duggars who could/should follow the Bates' example and let the kids go on to school SOMEWHERE.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived