IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

Like a lot of people on here, I was also enjoying a child free Duggar couple but all this was inevitable. I'm glad they aren't struggling to conceive or something like that. I wonder how they'll raise their family, being so far away from the rest of the Duggars. I have the feeling they won't have more then two or three kids. 

Joy, Jinger and Kendra are all pregnant right now and I bet they'll all have girls but WTF do I know.

I actually really like Rosemary.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nst said:

6 degrees of Kevin Bacon my dear. 

are you due on the royal wedding cause she is !!!!!!!!!

May 28th :D So maybe, maybe not! 

I just think it's funny that every big life event I've had so far has coincided with a fundie one.

Is there a possibility that this child may be gay or transgender? Always. Will you then still be happy with the pants-wearing-so-obviously-not-that-fundie Jinger and her so called hunk husband's 'choice'? What kind of hateful environment would that poor kid be brought up in by his homophobic dad?

Bigots like Jeremy should forever stay childless. There is not ONE good reason to be happy for these idiots. Are some of you blind?

25 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I honestly don’t know why people think they’re guaranteed to go for an Italian name. Yeah he’s of Italian descent, but so is my husband and he had zero interest in the Italian names I liked. He thinks they’re nice names, but he doesn’t want people to read their full name and assume they’re “off the boat” Italian.* I mean, it’s possible Jeremy feels differently about it, but I don’t think it’s a guarantee at all. 

*Husband seems to have inherited this from his paternal grandfather, who was off the boat as a young kid. He Anglicized his first name and picked non-Italian names for his three children for that reason. 

ETA: There’s also nothing wrong with being “off the boat” or an immigrant, but I think there’s some concern due to the historical treatment of Italian-Americans and because of the current climate towards immigrants in general. 

My husband is 75% Polish and 25% Italian. I can’t help but laugh at the fact that TLC plays up Jeremy’s heritage as if it’s his most defining characteristic. I would never pick a name simply because it’s Polish or Italian and it’s fun to poke fun at the idea that this is almost all we ever hear about Jeremy.

If we are to believe he’s truly super proud of being Italian, I don’t think them choosing an Italian name is very far fetched though. Many are super popular right now anyway. I can fully picture them with an Isabella, calling her Bella. It’s trendy and fitting. Time will tell!

Woke up from having a nightmare about my cats & saw that they were expecting. Is it wrong I immediately thought "better her than me?"

I suppose it's not unexpected, and if they're excited than I'm happy for them. I was pretty glad that they ended up waiting about a year before they got pregnant, whether they planned it or not. 

5 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

May 28th :D So maybe, maybe not! 

I just think it's funny that every big life event I've had so far has coincided with a fundie one.

you are safe.  Your baby Yolanda will be ok :)

8 minutes ago, BlondeIdol said:

I actually really like Rosemary.

i need a great green curry recipe - any ideas ? 

This is one time I can honestly say I’m happy about the news.  They have had time alone away from family, Jeremy has a non Duggar job and they bought a house on their own.  It will be interesting to see if they have more and what the spacing will be.  

First reaction: throwing my hands in the air and dramatically wailing "NOOOO" in my living room.

Second reaction: I wish Jinger a happy, healthy pregnancy and a short, easy birth. If they weren't preventing, then I'm sure they're ecstatic to finally have conceived. If they were preventing, then it was timed and wanted and intentional, as opposed to just going at it and conceiving at the soonest possible second. So, congrats. They're in a better position to be parents than any of the other Duggar offspring. I still think their social/religious beliefs are toxic and gross, but I would pity their kids less than, say, Israel and Samuel.

As like others on here, I of course am not happy about the negative things in regards to more Duggar babies, but my hope for Jinger and Jeremy was for them to at least have been married a year before getting pregnant.  Just having that time to get to know each other was important, and clearly we haven't seen this in any of the other couples yet. Baby steps I suppose.  All I hope though is that they all keep having boys, is that too much to ask? Lol.

Can I say that I was right when I predicted she was pregnant because of that weird ass bible quote Christmas decoration they had? Because I'm chalking that up as a win for me. :pb_lol: 

I feel like I may get some downvotes for saying this, but I’m more convinced than ever that she was on evil birth control. Her skin was so clear so soon after she wed and then she was pregnant so soon after her anniversary. I’m pretty positive Jeremy “suggested” (told her how it was gonna be) that they wait a year, which I don’t think was unwise. Given the role of a wife in her world, she has to comply (and I don’t think she put up much of a fight, as she seems like she enjoyed her freedom from kids for a while). ETA: Let’s not forget Jeremy grew up fairly “normal.” I doubt he’s opposed to birth control.

All that said, they seem happy, which is refreshing and exciting. Maybe this baby was more wanted than obligatory, as they sometimes seem to be for fundie families.

I hope they opt for spice names rather than J names. No more J names!!! Actually I’d probably bet a girl will be Julie. 

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

Can I say that I was right when I predicted she was pregnant because of that weird ass bible quote Christmas decoration they had? Because I'm chalking that up as a win for me. :pb_lol: 

you get the brownies today and can do the predict it list 

my predict is royal wedding day, girl and Hannah Louise in a hospital with Jill NO WHERE IN SITE - NO WHERE IN Site and Michlle crying in a corner 

CRYING IN A CORNER 

and Jessa 8 months pregnant at the time 

9 minutes ago, Edhelfin said:

Is there a possibility that this child may be gay or transgender? Always. Will you then still be happy with the pants-wearing-so-obviously-not-that-fundie Jinger and her so called hunk husband's 'choice'? 

Bigoted homophobes like Jeremy should forever stay childless. There is not ONE good reason to be happy for these idiots. Are some of you blind?

Maybe having a gay or transgender child would open the eyes of homophobes and make them more accepting/loving towards those on a different path.  

The moment I saw this thread was hot, I knew. 

She had some freedom which is more than her siblings.  I think this baby will be born in a hospital or birth center. Jinger has had more time to mature than her siblings and allowed to experience child free life. That is a step for her future children and the expectation they will be under. 

1 minute ago, nst said:

and Jessa 8 months pregnant at the time 

first off, Lol, hilarious. secondly, I've been wondering recently if/when Jessa was going to get pregnant again, much like many of us. but now with her BFF being pregnant, how long until the next announcement? 

5 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Maybe having a gay or transgender child would open the eyes of homophobes and make them more accepting/loving towards those on a different path.  

'Maybe'? A child's happiness and wellbeing is more important than gambling with a possibility.

Keep dreaming about the small chance that people like Jeremy can change. I have nothing else to say.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

AK is Alaska. I'm gonna keep on correcting this until everyone in the whole WORLD knows it. Arkansas is AR.

Well...I am german and just assumed....Asche über mein Haupt :pray:

1 minute ago, seashell1025 said:

first off, Lol, hilarious. secondly, I've been wondering recently if/when Jessa was going to get pregnant again, much like many of us. but now with her BFF being pregnant, how long until the next announcement? 

ASAP. She didn’t want to be overshadowed by Jinge, so she decided to wait. Given her personality and some of her other choices (like kissing privately after the wedding), Jessa would not surprise me if she announced the pregnancy AFTER giving birth. Bahaha-I love the trolling. I think she’s hilarious.

I wouldn't count on it. Jinger and Jeremy get such a pass from some people just because she was the first Duggar girl to wear pants. Jeremy has had some really problematic stuff in his sermons. Jill has a nose ring now FFS, that's way more rebellious than pants in my book, and Derick is still a hateful mess.

People hate on Derick Dillard for good reason but Jeremy is far from his total opposite. He just comes in shinier packaging.

Well, its the first time that Im really happy for a Duggar... At least they had one year without a child... They had time to know each other as a couple... 

4 minutes ago, Pete Pickles said:

I feel like I may get some downvotes for saying this, but I’m more convinced than ever that she was on evil birth control. Her skin was so clear so soon after she wed and then she was pregnant so soon after her anniversary. I’m pretty positive Jeremy “suggested” (told her how it was gonna be) that they wait a year, which I don’t think was unwise. Given the role of a wife in her world, she has to comply (and I don’t think she put up much of a fight, as she seems like she enjoyed her freedom from kids for a while).

All that said, they seem happy, which is refreshing and exciting. Maybe this baby was more wanted than obligatory, as they sometimes seem to be for fundie families.

I hope they opt for spice names rather than J names. No more J names!!! Actually I’d probably bet a girl will be Julie. 

I'm definitely not going to downvote you (I mean, I personally lean toward them preventing as well), but I have to point out that Jinger being on hormonal birth control would amount to a HUGE departure from her family's ideology, much more significant than using NFP or a barrier method. If her skin cleared up, it could've been due to many different factors - better diet, different water, sex, better sleep, more frequent washing of pillow cases. Her parents literally believe that hormonal birth control killed their second child. There are a lot of fundie-lite/conservative Christians who are okay with birth control but still eschew hormonal birth control. She would have grown up hearing all about why HBC is evil and how it kills babies, kills women, renders them infertile, etc. I would be really surprised if she were on the pill. If Jeremy 'convinced' her to go on it, I can't imagine it was without a lot of guilt, fear, and shame on her part.

2 minutes ago, Edhelfin said:

'Maybe'? A child's happiness and wellbeing is more important than gambling with a possibility.

Most People are not static. They can and do change constantly, year to year as life and other shit happens  and they have to deal. 

Where there is life there is hope.

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Me, a person who spends too much time in Disney planning groups thinking you were talking about Animal Kingdom.

AAhhhh! We need a Disney Club! I'm planning and have questions!!

As for JinJer, no surprises here! Interestingly, did anyone catch NPR today? They were discussing the ramifications over populating the planet. Children in the US have a much higher carbon footprint than children born in other parts of the world. One guy said that the decision to have 10-12 kids is like making the decision to just throw all of your garbage in your neighbors yard. (!!!)

Of course I thought of these stellar humans. 

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm definitely not going to downvote you (I mean, I personally lean toward them preventing as well), but I have to point out that Jinger being on hormonal birth control would amount to a HUGE departure from her family's ideology, much more significant than using NFP or a barrier method. If her skin cleared up, it could've been due to many different factors - better diet, different water, sex, better sleep, more frequent washing of pillow cases. Her parents literally believe that hormonal birth control killed their second child. There are a lot of fundie-lite/conservative Christians who are okay with birth control but still eschew hormonal birth control. She would have grown up hearing all about why HBC is evil and how it kills babies, kills women, renders them infertile, etc. I would be really surprised if she were on the pill. If Jeremy 'convinced' her to go on it, I can't imagine it was without a lot of guilt, fear, and shame on her part.

I 100 percent agree. Earlier in the thread, before the baby news, we were discussing swimsuits and I mentioned that I don't think we'll see Jinger or the other Duggar girls in a bikini because they've heard that story of Michelle "causing the divorce" of her neighbors because she mowed the lawn in the bikini as a high schooler. I think they'd go through a lot of mental anguish over wearing a bikini because of what they've been taught specifically about bikinis for their whole lives. Going on BC would be like a hundred times that mental anguish for the typical Duggar daughter, if I were to guess.

Jinger and her siblings have heard the "BC killed our second child" story for their whole lives and that story is essentially the basis for JB and M's "this is why we're fundies" testimony. That story is kind of like the underpinning of their whole lifestyle.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived