IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

about modest swimwear: I remember seeing a lot of people (not on FJ) comment, mostly negatively, about the Duggar's modest swimsuits back when that episode first aired, but I honestly didn't think it was one of the worst or most snark-worthy things they've done.  I've also seen plenty of people wearing regular clothes, rash guards, etc at the beach, so if someone's wearing an extra skirt over "leggings" and long sleeves (like those modest swim suits), I'd probably assume they're either of a light skin type or just don't want to parade their body around for one reason or another. I always say, "your body, your choice". I can totally see the benefits to modest swimwear and why people who are not Muslims or fundies would also opt to wear them. I actually think it's nice that people have choices when it comes to swimwear.

Also, I feel like I remember reading somewhere that anything above like SPF 30, doesn't even make that big of a difference (as in, whether it's SPF 50 or 100). Have you guys noticed a difference? I'm not light skinned but also not super dark but brown enough to where I just slap on SPF 30 and am good to go for a while. I only very rarely burn, even if I don't put sunscreen on, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't use any, of course. 

I found them snark-worthy because they made a huge deal about wearing them as if covering more of their skin while engaged in water sports made them superior human beings, or super-duper special. 

Personally, I'm a bikini girl, and I don't really give a shit what other people wear to the beach as long as they're comfortable and what they're wearing won't be a hazard to what they plan to do. So I do think that skirts can be a pretty bad idea depending on your activity, but burqinis and rash guard + boy's swim shorts are practical and cover about the same amount. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of wearing a bikini (or nothing at all) to the beach, but fear of burning/sun damage/skin cancer has me considering something full coverage for swims in tropical oceans.

I am writing this with a sunburnt nose, the rest of me it fine I just have a red nose. Honestly it’s more annoying than anything, but to be fair, it is summer where I am.

@nastyhobbitses oh ok. I can see that. Thank you for bringing that up actually... I guess I quickly became numb to the Duggar's condescending holier-than-though-speech :/ When I watched that episode (it's been a long while), I thought they were explaining it because they expect to be questioned about everything they do. I mean, they always go and on about stuff...how many episodes have I sat through featuring them buying used and saving the difference? Or modest wear, dating vs courting, chores? I honestly feel like most people come across as a little preachy when they're really convinced of something. Then again, they're the Duggars so most of what they say on their show is a little pastor-to-the-crowd speech because they see their show as a way to share God's (*cough* Gothard's) message. Honestly, I wonder if that's also the same tone that they use to talk to each other...I don't know. Not to forget: they need to talk about something on the show to fill out the episodes, so swimwear that differs from what many people use was probably decided to be a great topic, totally, yeah. 

http://www.swimmodest.com

I jabe a swimsuit from these. Its actually the blue white peint on the right about halfway down. I burn easy amd hate having a swimsuit ride up my butt. This way I am covered I dont feel as if something is going to fall out amd dont have to worry about bikini rash from rubbing

My husband and I have tried naturism 2 years ago, and we loved it so much it escalated into us now selecting our beach holidays based on where there are official naturist places.

It's very pleasant to swim without wearing anything, and you dry very quickly when you leave the water, so that means no unpleasant sticky feeling or worrying about catching a nasty yeast infection. Also, we found that naturist places are super non-judgmental so I as an anorexia-survivor feel extremely comfortable in such a body-positive environment.

I am really glad that I live in a culture and environment that allows me to explore any option I feel like, be it modest swimwear or naturism.

What seems to crystallise from every discussion here on FJ is that we all have different needs and preferences, and being free to make our own choices is the most important part.

@SweetJuly, my husband's grandfather loved to go to a naturist resort several times a year.  Nanna was not into naturism, but she accompanied his on these trips.  Sh always said that the people that she met at the naturist resorts were the nicest, most nonjudgmental  people you would ever meet.  We recently found out that naturism may have skipped a generation as husband's sister and her husband are into it.  Good for them!

Wow, another photo of Jinger doing the Michelle gaze at Jeremy, and Jeremy looking elsewhere. What a surprise. :pb_lol:

When all is said and done, good for them. They look happy and excited for this pregnancy. She's already in a better position than any of her siblings, having been married a for over a year to get to know each other and owning their own home. I hope that the long wait was intentional and something that may happen again rather than luck. 

Still I'm sad...

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY   ...   :kitty-cussing:  So much more to life than popping out babiez.

my first word: Shit 

i didn't see this coming! 

so 3 new gduggar in 2018 for sure maybe even more!

They are wearing the exact same clothes as on November 25th, the picture with the huge lollypop....visiting AK for Thanksgiving........

I'm glad that she at least got some time baby-free. This makes me think they were probably trying for a while but maybe she's not hyper fertile like Michelle and company.

Ok, and this is an unpopular opinion probably, but at least this will hopefully stop making people have such pie in the sky ideas that Jinger and Jeremy are radically different from the other Duggar couples.

4 minutes ago, NanisBlessing said:

They are wearing the exact same clothes as on November 25th, the picture with the huge lollypop....visiting AK for Thanksgiving........

Me, a person who spends too much time in Disney planning groups thinking you were talking about Animal Kingdom. :my_sick::pb_lol:

So when he made that “Sugar and Spice think about it post” they probably took this photo as a part of the series.

2 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Me, a person who spends too much time in Disney planning groups thinking you were talking about Animal Kingdom. :my_sick::pb_lol:

Close enough :tw_blush:

I am guessing Jessa will be pregnant soon as well. And then we can expect many pictures of Joy-Kendra-Jinger-Jessa and maybe Anna. 

I mean, is anyone surprised? They’ve been married over a year and they’ve both been pretty vocal about eventually wanting a family. They own a home, Jeremy has a non-TLC income (however modest it may be), they’ve had time to get to know each other... Having a baby under their circumstances is far from the end of the world and I don’t see any reason to feel bad for them at this point. Now the baby on the other hand I may feel bad for, but that greatly depends on the choices they make as parents and how closely they adhere to IBLP or other fundamentalist standards. 

For now though, I just hope Jinger enjoys an easy pregnancy and a drama free delivery. 

This is a pretty normal timeline for young couples, though--married about a year before the first baby is on the way. Because of that, I'm not sad about it or rolling my eyes as I was about Joy and Kendra. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived