IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

I can't stand people who make verbs out of words that are not verbs. "we were gifted" , " she should reverence her husband" , "we were fellowshipping" Aaaagghhh

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, catlady said:

Quote form the blog:  "This was a special make-pizza-with-Daddy night. Something Christopher does annually with his children!"  

Annually?  really?  he does this annually?  (and let's not even get into the incorrect sentence structure)  i certainly hope those kids get to make other meals with Daddy throughout the rest of the year.  

Arnold and Ellie are the best parts of Maxhell. 

sigh...damn straight.

Looks like they did the caterwauling thing again cuz Griselda Teri made over 40 poppy seed loaves.  Poor Sarah-"that's a lot".  No shit Sherlock!  So Prissy Chris has an annual "make Pizza with Daddy" night, WTF?  Maybe the kids were more interested in the ambulance than what was going on.  I hope no Maxwells went over and asked the sick neighbor where they are going when they die.  Who were the friends at the brunch?  Looks like Wonder Woman Melanie got out of it.  Ellie and Arnold are my heroes.

1 hour ago, griffin said:

I can't stand people who make verbs out of words that are not verbs. "we were gifted" , " she should reverence her husband" , "we were fellowshipping" Aaaagghhh

The fundy version of it isn't very interesting to me, but I get a chuckle out of people doing this in my daily life.

In fact I do it too -- one of my favorites was during a conversation with a fellow hermit-introvert, and we were talking about being aware of how much social time we could handle, and I found myself calling it "peopling".  As in "I can only handle so much peopling at one time." or "I am seriously overpeopled at the moment."

I call this ... verbizing.  (sorry! :my_tongue:)

but church of dog, you are aware of it and getting a laugh. :tw_smile: when something grabs me, i might say "funner!". but with these fundies, they mutilate the language constantly and it drives me nuts

Looks like they did the caterwauling thing again cuz Griselda Teri made over 40 poppy seed loaves.  Poor Sarah-"that's a lot".  No shit Sherlock!  So Prissy Chris has an annual "make Pizza with Daddy" night, WTF?  Maybe the kids were more interested in the ambulance than what was going on.  I hope no Maxwells went over and asked the sick neighbor where they are going when they die.  Who were the friends at the brunch?  Looks like Wonder Woman Melanie got out of it.  Ellie and Arnold are my heroes.

Speaking of the poppy seed loaves and “that’s a lot!” I’d like to hear what you guys think about the “bless her heart.” When it’s used here, in the South, it means something along the lines of “oh, you poor thing.” Does it carry the same meaning in the Midwest? If so, why would Sarah say that? Wouldn’t it be Terri’s pleasure to serve by making so many loaves? Or am I missing an alternate interpretation?

25 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

Speaking of the poppy seed loaves and “that’s a lot!” I’d like to hear what you guys think about the “bless her heart.” When it’s used here, in the South, it means something along the lines of “oh, you poor thing.” Does it carry the same meaning in the Midwest? If so, why would Sarah say that? Wouldn’t it be Terri’s pleasure to serve by making so many loaves? Or am I missing an alternate interpretation?

I think Sarah has been so isolated that she has no idea that "bless her heart," is often meant to be patronizing. 

51 minutes ago, fellowunfundie said:

Speaking of the poppy seed loaves and “that’s a lot!” I’d like to hear what you guys think about the “bless her heart.” When it’s used here, in the South, it means something along the lines of “oh, you poor thing.” Does it carry the same meaning in the Midwest? 

My southern MIL taught me that "bless your heart" has myriad meanings, depending on context. It could mean "you stupid bitch, we are finished with this conversation. I have nothing more to say to you", or "you poor thing" or "I wish God's blessings on you." but most often it means the first one.

I commented on the most recent Jill Rodrigues thread that I find it odd that Jill calls her sister Amy Foster. I thought that was a Jill-quirk but apparently that's a fundie quirk because the picture of John and Teri is labelled John Maxwell and Teri for some reason. Yes we know they are both Maxwells. I would probably have retitled the picture called A Nathan Maxwell family outing too. 

Ellie and Arnold are both adorable. More Ellie and Arnold please. 

1 hour ago, Snarfblatt said:

I commented on the most recent Jill Rodrigues thread that I find it odd that Jill calls her sister Amy Foster. I thought that was a Jill-quirk but apparently that's a fundie quirk because the picture of John and Teri is labelled John Maxwell and Teri for some reason. Yes we know they are both Maxwells. I would probably have retitled the picture called A Nathan Maxwell family outing too. 

Ellie and Arnold are both adorable. More Ellie and Arnold please. 

I just can't get over the labeling of nearly every dang picture. Still!

They hardly ever interact with anyone outside their family. It's not like there is any substance on their blog (or in their lives) to bring newcomers to it with any regularity, yet they continue to label a very high percentage of pictures - even with all just family (heck, even with just the 'immediate family' as Sarah would say, they do it consistently!)

Annual pizza night?  I haven't laughed much lately but here I am uncontrollably giggling at their schedule program popping up a reminder for it, lest he be reminded by his wife.

I'm still waiting for a 'day in the life' of Teri or Steve.  Or did that happen and I missed it?

If Steve does read here then I want to talk directly to him:

Sarah's next book needs to be a children's book about the adventures of Arnold and Ellie! I guarantee it will be her most popular book. They are by far the most interesting Maxwells. 

Where to start with this mess of a post.

Verbing: Loathe "helmed," "forked" and just about any other....

"John Maxwell"--very odd because there wasn't another guy named "John" in the picture.

"One's schedule"--A Maxwell trying to go all British?? I can't even....it's so....unMaxwell to say this

Arnold and Ellie, get out while you can. The Incredible Journey II: The Escape of Arnold and Ellie

That post was a train wreck, I know that they going for light and fun, but that isn't the Maxwells. All I have to say is stay in your lane, boring and much ado about nothing. 

For the life of me I could not figure out this sentence, "I’d love to hear 1 special Christmas tradition you enjoy!" grammar 101 please use words for numbers 1 -9, that number really confused me.  I don't think I could read one of her books. 

5 hours ago, LadyPriss said:

Annual pizza night?  I haven't laughed much lately but here I am uncontrollably giggling at their schedule program popping up a reminder for it, lest he be reminded by his wife.

I'm still waiting for a 'day in the life' of Teri or Steve.  Or did that happen and I missed it?

When Sarah went to write about a day in the life of the parental units, she couldn't think of a damn thing to say, lol. 

5 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Wait...they actually had friends...as in non-related, non-elderly friends over?

If  "non-fundie" friends were there, then I'd be stupefied.

When they (unnecessarily) use "Maxwell" on their photo captions, I read it in my head like one of those guys who dramatically introduces people at old-fashioned balls. "HIS HIGHNESS JOHN MAXWELL, and Teri." "THE HONOURABLE NATHAN MAXWELL FAMILY." etc.

Of course it's the Nathan Maxwell family.  Sarah, you couldn't put the Nathan and Melanie Maxwell family?  Everything Melanie's gone through to create that family??

What is Melanie but just a conduit for those kids, I guess.

Fundies can shove their patriarchy.

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

When Sarah went to write about a day in the life of the parental units, she couldn't think of a damn thing to say, lol. 

If  "non-fundie" friends were there, then I'd be stupefied.

If they were non-f then they were there to be given an opportunity to hear the gospel and accept Jesus as their Savior.

On the "annual" pizza night--I suppose it IS progress. Many of those Dad's wouldn't squeeze BBQ sauce into drained tuna fish and call it "lunch" like Jim-Bob has. But "annual"?? Is pizza the new Pepsi?

All right, it's been three days and I still have Lil Jon stuck in my head. More to the point, I have the persistent mental image of the Sisters Maxwell sneaking off to their little B&B retreat and secretly getting crunk AF.

This is all your fault, @nastyhobbitses. All you.  :pb_lol:

On 12/18/2017 at 2:04 PM, catlady said:

Quote form the blog:  "This was a special make-pizza-with-Daddy night. Something Christopher does annually with his children!"  

Annually?  really?  he does this annually?  (and let's not even get into the incorrect sentence structure)  i certainly hope those kids get to make other meals with Daddy throughout the rest of the year.  

Arnold and Ellie are the best parts of Maxhell. 

This seriously tweaked even my childfree heart... If she really means that this is only a once-a-year thing (and given that this is Sarah writing, who can be sure?), I find it so sad. 

I suppose, to be generous, we could interpret it as a year-end holiday (ie, pre-Christmas, for them) tradition, and not the only time this guy ever makes dinner with his children... but I suspect that's not the case.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

If they were non-f then they were there to be given an opportunity to hear the gospel and accept Jesus as their Savior.

On the "annual" pizza night--I suppose it IS progress. Many of those Dad's wouldn't squeeze BBQ sauce into drained tuna fish and call it "lunch" like Jim-Bob has. But "annual"?? Is pizza the new Pepsi?

One good thing I can say for the Maxwells is the males of their species cook and clean up after themselves. They probably don't do it as much as they should, neither do a lot of non-fundie men. And we occasionally see a Maxwell female (usually Anna) helping with home renovations or auto repair. Hopefully Christopher will spend more time cooking with his kids once they're a little older. Making pizza with toddlers isn't something I'd want to do more than once a year!

The photo with Calia and Steve switching shoes caught my attention.  She looks like, "How & why is this funny?"  

On 12/18/2017 at 1:03 PM, iweartanktops said:

That aside, it’s Christmas time, and I love that. I want to give you another peek of random life.

Random, my ass.  Structured, scheduled, analyzed, yes.

On 19/12/2017 at 5:03 AM, iweartanktops said:

One week from today is Christmas! It’s probably cliche to say where did the time go? But it’s true. Where did it go?

That aside, it’s Christmas time, and I love that. I want to give you another peek of random life. Everyone here is balancing work, Christmas activities, and for John, house prep, wedding, and work. We’re grateful for how the Lord has filled our time, and I can’t wait to share with you later about our annual Christmas caroling last night.

I’d love to hear 1 special Christmas tradition you enjoy

I just realised that Sarah's writing style works pretty well if you read it in the voice of "Dave's Spokesman":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvpEN6_1oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm2RoR1bK_g

('warning': Canadian humour, sorry.)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived