IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

Just imagine how incredibly boring the Maxwell blog would be if they couldn't mention John's wedding. Honestly the most interesting posts have been about the house, engagement, and shower. If they couldn't mention the wedding, the most interesting post all Fall would be about Arnold the cat!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it is a mystery that will never be solved but - NNNNYYYYYAAAAAAAGGGHHH! - WHY is it so hard for these people to schedule everything. Seriously, what do they do?? 

*deep breath*

Okay. It looks like their night at the bed and breakfast consisted of exactly what they do at home - Bible time, a morning run. I guess the games might have been a treat. Did they explore any local shops?  Grab a coffee?  Anything?

it looks like they checked in, had Bible time and games, slept, ran, had a nice breakfast and went home. I guess that is all Steve would allow. 

Also, this:

This fall, Anna and Mary were gifted with a night away at a Bed & Breakfast for all three of the sisters as a “thank you” for investing in some sweet little ones. 

Doesn't this mean one of the brothers gave them a gift?  I think all of these thank you gifts must be Elissa's idea. I don't recall them ever happening before she became part of the extended family. 

I do think it's great that somebody is appreciative of the help "the girls" give with their ever growing brood of nieces and nephews. I'm sure the night away seemed very exciting for them. I just wish they could have experienced a bit more with their day pass from the compound. 

This just dawned on me: I wonder if this particular thing was hard to schedule because they were trying to book a night when there would be no other guests at the B & B. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I know it is a mystery that will never be solved but - NNNNYYYYYAAAAAAAGGGHHH! - WHY is it so hard for these people to schedule everything. Seriously, what do they do?? 

Scheduling is their idol (aside from their Lord Stehovah) they have nothing going on so they have to make everything more difficult than it is to make them feel and look busy. There’s no school, friends, real jobs going on, just schedules. Sad. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

This just dawned on me: I wonder if this particular thing was hard to schedule because they were trying to book a night when there would be no other guests at the B & B. 

My money on this, Steve probably demanded that.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I

I can totally see that. They probably went during the week instead of a weekend. 

Isn’t that sweet?  

The spinsters went to a bed and breakfast with out Mummy and Daddy.   But the ladies  made sure they adhered to their rigid schedule complete with bible time and excercise.  What well trained young woman!  

Won’t they be wonderful nannies to their brothers children now and in the future?

Flash forward 20 years and they will be doing the same thing, courtesy of their married brothers and their wives. Only this time they will have Abby, Bethany, Tina, Ruth and Lydia with them too since those girls will not be allowed to marry while Steve is alive.

11 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Do I spot a couple of booze decanters on the table on the B&B Bible Time™ Pic?

Yes! I can't think of what else could possibly be in those decanters. I just hope that when Steve saw that, it didn't cause him to forbid any future B&B "sister trips". These young ladies get so little excitement and time alone in their lives as it is - it would be so sad to see it end completely due to Steve's pathetic controlfreakedness. 

18 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Just imagine if a gay couple was also there for a nice getaway. Or a straight couple with the woman bedecked in a sleeveless top with contrasting buttons!

23 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

What the heck is in that decanter?  The sisters were boozing it up. 

I have this image of Mary pounding an entire decanter of Jungle Juice. TURN DOWN FOR WHAT.

26 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I have this image of Mary pounding an entire decanter of Jungle Juice. TURN DOWN FOR WHAT.

i think even this is too worldly for Stevie--

Spoiler

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Just imagine if a gay couple was also there for a nice getaway. Or a straight couple with the woman bedecked in a sleeveless top with contrasting buttons!

I am not sure they would realize there was a gay couple unless they kissing. They might think they are just siblings or, if they don’t look alike, adopted siblings. Not really sure they would spot a gay couple without Steve’s assistance. 

The night away was a nice gift and I wonder who recognized they needed time away for themselves even if just for a night. I have always thought there is more care an concern between the siblings than we see. I can’t see this ever being Steve it Teri’s idea and I am sure the gift was given without consulting with them first. Anyone else think Sarah went along as a chaperone? 

I am going to assume Scary Mary and Goofy Anna won't be going to Denver for OCC this year cuz of wedding stuff.  Speaking of which two weeks from now Stud John will lose his virginity.

Looking forward to snarking, I guess, and seeing the bridesmaid dresses, Chelsy’s dress, and who will be the flower girls. I can guess Abby, Bethany and Tina will be involved in some way, but I wonder about Ruthie, Lydia, Calia, since their moms are in the wedding party. Guessing that Joshua at least will be a ring bearer, so I wonder too about Drew and Benjamin. I doubt that Steve and Teri would have sole responsibility for the five youngest, maybe they’d look after a few but I’m guessing not all. 

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

No wonder Anna smiles in every picture like she's bursting out laughing.  She's always lit. 

5 hours ago, socalrules said:

Anyone else think Sarah went along as a chaperone? 

I thought the same thing when I read the post.  Since it was a gift for Anna and Mary, why else would Sarah go along?  

Based on a bit of online sleuthing, I think they stayed at the "Tuck U Inn at Glick Mansion" B&B, in Atchison KS - most likely in the "Lizzy's Attic" suite on the top floor. (Pics from the B&B's and Maxwell's websites match, especially the suite and the dining room's ornate birdcage.)

Lizzy's Attic is described on the website as "Perfect for shoppers or a girl's night out," and amenities include TV/DVD, free wifi, and cable TV. It's also rumored to be...wait for it...haunted! :pb_lol:

Watch out, Steve - Lizzy's ghost is coming to get you.

Maybe they thought it’d be unfair to leave her out? Or maybe Sarah can’t be trusted alone in her bedroom, for whatever dumb reason. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived