IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

54 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I wonder if Chelsy and Allison are writing about SAHDs working outside of the home because it has dawned on them that the Maxwell brothers will probably have to support the sisters when Steve and Teri pass on.  It may irritate Chelsy that John will help support able-bodied adults.  

Though I don't really blame the Maxwell sisters - they are a product of their environment/cult.  All free thought has been programmed out of them.

Just imagine Christopher or John taking in one of the sisters in a house filled with ten kids. If I allowed an able bodied jobless adult to live in my home rent free, I would expect her to basically be my nanny. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just imagine Christopher or John taking in one of the sisters in a house filled with ten kids. If I allowed an able bodied jobless adult to live in my home rent free, I would expect her to basically be my nanny. 

I'm convinced that happens already. I think  the SAHDs are helping out in both Melanie's and NR. Anna's house. How else would they get time for all that "sweet fellowship" !

2 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Seriously. Don't forget one of the Bontrager boys (can't remember which one, don't care) literally wrote a song that they include in their traveling show that bashes gays/lesbians.

That's horrible! 

Yeah, I imagine at least Anna Elizabeth and Mary help NR Anna and Melanie pretty regularly. 

That said, I actually do think they are "working" at other "jobs".

It's just, their father and brothers gave them those jobs. Or, more likely, Steve pays them a pittance for doing stuff for Titus2, and he guilted his sons into giving the girls secretarial work for their various businesses. 

If you think about it, that's not much different than what is going on with the Bontragers. The big difference is that the Bontragers' businesses require the employees be less sheltered and do more work outside the home. Anna Elizabeth and Mary never have to leave the house in order to work for their father and brothers. 

5 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

I wonder if Chelsy and Allison are writing about SAHDs working outside of the home because it has dawned on them that the Maxwell brothers will probably have to support the sisters when Steve and Teri pass on.  It may irritate Chelsy that John will help support able-bodied adults

Don't hold your breath.....  Seriously, they were raised in exactly the same cult. Their family just markets itself much better.

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

That said, I actually do think they are "working" at other "jobs".

It's just, their father and brothers gave them those jobs. Or, more likely, Steve pays them a pittance for doing stuff for Titus2, and he guilted his sons into giving the girls secretarial work for their various businesses. 

Yes, I imagine Mary is up to a full $0.25 an hour now. I imagine he gives them a "pin money" sort of allowance to prepare them to be good Helpmeets for those never-to-be-found husbands.

New post up.  They went to see Messiah in KC with the exception of groom to be Stud John.  Smug Joe and Invisible Elissa came.  They also ate pizza.

25 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  They went to see Messiah in KC with the exception of groom to be Stud John.  Smug Joe and Invisible Elissa came.  They also ate pizza.

So basically, they took last year’s post and just changed the date. 

Does Elissa EVER let go of Joe?

I wonder who Jesse is sitting next to. He is talking to the person and showing them something on his phone. The person is wearing a black top and tan bottom so it's not any of the Maxwells. I suppose it could be a random person or a "date." ;)

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Joe looks like he has been enjoying more than his share of pizza recently.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder who Jesse is sitting next to. He is talking to the person and showing them something on his phone. The person is wearing a black top and tan bottom so it's not any of the Maxwells. I suppose it could be a random person or a "date." ;)

Not sure, but I'm more curious who the man is sitting next to Sarah in the picture with the pizza. 

Shock of shocks, Teri curled her hair! It looks nice, but she could use more volume. I do find it odd that she and Sarah have the same hair style, just parted on different sides. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Not sure, but I'm more curious who the man is sitting next to Sarah in the picture with the pizza. 

Oooh! I had just assumed it was Steve, but the sport coat is lighter and the hair is darker.

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

So basically, they took last year’s post and just changed the date. 

I'm all for annual traditions (my family had plenty of them), but jeez, guys, mix it up a little.

Also, someone get me a job as an events booker at that KC concert hall. And then maybe don't fire me when I book Cannibal Corpse to perform and "accidentally" mix up their performance date with Messiah.

As the hander-outer of life points I am gunna give Sarah 10 big ones for not mentioning the difficulty of getting everyone's f'ing schedule sorted. I will then take away 10 hundred million points for the awful restrictive joyless non-life they have going on!

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Oooh! I had just assumed it was Steve, but the sport coat is lighter and the hair is darker.

Looks like it’s probably Christopher...maybe they met for dinner and didn’t go to the symphony.  

I bet they shared that personal pan pizza between the lot of them.

And I'm one of those seemingly rare people who doesn't mind the passive voice, but the Maxwells are starting to make me dislike it. They seem to go out of their way to use it. all. the. time. And SO akward. I wonder if the kidults learned from exercises like this one.

Why do y'all think the Maxwell girls are unemployable? They certainly have work ethic, and I'm under the impression that, if they're not married anyway, a job like cleaning or nannying would be acceptable.  It's not a great existence, in my opinion, but at least it's self-supporting.

55 minutes ago, meee said:

Why do y'all think the Maxwell girls are unemployable? They certainly have work ethic, and I'm under the impression that, if they're not married anyway, a job like cleaning or nannying would be acceptable.  It's not a great existence, in my opinion, but at least it's self-supporting.

They're good at following a schedule and doing things just the way they know steve approves of. I wouldn't employ them - if I had a cleaner or babysitter I'd want them to use their brains and do what needs doing - clean the places that are dirty, use what's in the fridge to feed the children, if they can't find a detergent or piece of clothing think of something different they can use, or something else they can do etc. The Spinster sisters would useless at that. They'd need someone to tell them what places are to be cleaned, in what order, using what product, and how long they need to spend on each item. And they'd judge me for needing the place cleaned in the first place, and not being religious enough, and wouldn't be able to deal with how I do things differently from Steve.

They're not employed at the moment, they are creatively finding busy work to fill their otherwise empty days.

I don't think they'd be allowed to be cleaners or nannies in the homes of non-family members. They'd be too scared to be exposed to something awful, like a working mom or a couple of "confirmed bachelors". 

I wonder if the Maxhell borg is aware that quite a lot of people, respected musicologists included, believe Handel was gay.  

Probably not.  

Allowed by whom, though? At this point I certainly agree, but I thought we were talking about a need to support themselves when Steve and Teri are gone. And if Nathan as the oldest "inherits" them, well, isn't his family slightly more normal?

I would never let any of these fundies take care of my kids, if I actually had any. What happens when a little girl says she wants to be a firefighter, soldier or President? What about a little boy that wants to be an artist, ballet dancer or to win Project Runway? What do they say to kids who want don’t want to grow up to be in the narrow box fundies put them in because they may or may not have a penis? What about religion? I would be pissed off if my hypothetical Catholic kids were told their religion is wrong. I know Michael Bates used to nanny for a working mom so I am sure they could find people who would be ok with it but I couldn’t do it. I wouldn’t want to take the risk my kids are found to get freaked out by learning where they go when they die and it’s not the nice heaven you tell kids about. 

In my dreams, they go to Messiah, the lights dim, the exits lock, and the orchestra starts playing "Science Fiction Double Feature".  

5 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

In my dreams, they go to Messiah, the lights dim, the exits lock, and the orchestra starts playing "Science Fiction Double Feature".  

Their heads would explode the moment Frank-n-furter stepped onto the screen.  And can you imagine them doing the time warp???  I would love to see that!

8 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Or the Rocky Horror Show...

19 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Is there a visible cell phone holder on the belt?  That's probably the most Prisstifying accessory he wears.

Total other thought...wonder if any Maxwell, male or female, uses perfume/cologne/aftershave? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived