IGNORED

Maxwell 16: At least one Maxwell got fed for Thanksgiving...

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh boy the smortons.... They are the families the smiths and the mortons that intermarried three couples (4 if you count the grandparents). It all imploded when a smith son who is married to a Morton daughter was charged with child rape. The Morton daughter divorced him. He is still in jail awaiting trial. It's taking forever. The Morton family and the 2 smith daughters are now completely on the side of the Morton daughter who divorced the smith son. The smith parents and their 8 adopted children still at home are defending the child rapist (well the adult adopted children at home. The littles haven't said anything) Some spats have happended on fb and then some passive aggressive posts. It's pretty safe to say the families are completely divided when they were once very close. 

Wowwwwwwww

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lauraloralara said:

I can see the Dollar Tree thing happening, but I think for maximum “lesson learning” you would then continue that blog post on with “here’s how we paid it forward.” But no, it’s Maxhell and there’s nothing to actually be done for other humans. 

I think the Maxwells already believe they're a bunch of givers.

Wouldn't surprise me if the guy didn't have all day to wait for a SOTDRT money lesson to be over, so he offered to pay.

I think it’s a bit far-fetched of Sarah to say that Christina will remember it forever. I know I’m taking that remark a little literally, but Christina’s only five. She’ll have forgotten it by next year. 

46 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I think it’s a bit far-fetched of Sarah to say that Christina will remember it forever. I know I’m taking that remark a little literally, but Christina’s only five. She’ll have forgotten it by next year. 

Unless they keep bringing it up. 

On 12/23/2017 at 3:20 PM, Jana814 said:

Same with me. It usually church singing groups that do it in malls around me. I also think in my area people tend to not answer their door unless they are expecting someone. 

The food bank does it in my area -- there's usually a flyer in the mailboxes a week or so beforehand, and they come around caroling and collecting donations of canned and dry goods. I actually quite like it, mostly because we do have that warning beforehand and there's no proselytization involved. 

Did Melanie ever protest him paying then say ok? Or did she automatically say yes? It would have been nice if Sarah had explained why the man did it, such as he has a granddaughter he won’t see for Christmas or he just wanted to see the smile on Tina’s face. It would ah e been even nicer if they donate what Tina was going to spend to a nice charity but maybe they don’t do charity other than the shoe boxes. 

24 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Did Melanie ever protest him paying then say ok? Or did she automatically say yes? It would have been nice if Sarah had explained why the man did it, such as he has a granddaughter he won’t see for Christmas or he just wanted to see the smile on Tina’s face. It would ah e been even nicer if they donate what Tina was going to spend to a nice charity but maybe they don’t do charity other than the shoe boxes. 

The only time they do charity is for themselves.  They talk about helping widows but the only widow they help is Gigi.  Oh Goofy Anna and Scary Mary took lunch to a woman at the assisted living home but I wouldn't consider that charity cuz the poor woman was subject to Goofy's cooking.

1 hour ago, CuttySark said:

The food bank does it in my area -- there's usually a flyer in the mailboxes a week or so beforehand, and they come around caroling and collecting donations of canned and dry goods. I actually quite like it, mostly because we do have that warning beforehand and there's no proselytization involved. 

That's really smart. In case someone is not doing to be home they can always leave stuff out for the food pantry. 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened to Melanie. They are adorable well groomed white children. 

I think what the guy did is nice but I've witnessed way too much shittiness towards poor children of color. I'm a bit bitter.

And I totally agree they should have "paid it forward."

There was probably a homeless person on a corner within a block of the Dollar Tree who would have been blessed by Tina paying it forward. Except the homeless person would not have been deserving in the eyes of the Maxwells.

I am not exactly sure what a blessing actually is, and the way the Maxwells use the word makes me less sure. However, I do firmly believe that blessing are something the Maxwells get, not something they are prepared to give. Cos, they are so very special with their in the world not of it bollocks. Rock on with your bad selves Maxwells, I am pretty sure you are doing exactly what the mythical Jesus wants. Or, you know, you're all wasting a perfectly good lives.

*On re-reading I think this sounds a bitter.  I am not at all. To each his own etc. 

John looks so much like Steve in the Bontrager Instagram family photo that I will NEVER call him hot John again. I legit shuddered. 

Blimey, Teri’s and Anna’s coats are bright! Unless it’s the lighting or something. Teri and Anna in matching coats, Teri and Mary in matching skirts... Sarah doesn’t match Teri in any way. They’ve got similar hair I guess (apart from the colour). 

Why is Teri holding her purse? Was there no place safe to set it down? Is she doing the concealed carry thing these days and must always be on her guard against the bad guys with guns?

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Why is Teri holding her purse? Was there no place safe to set it down? Is she doing the concealed carry thing these days and must always be on her guard against the bad guys with guns?

They were probably on the way to the nursing home for church. 

10 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I figure it's where she's hiding the meds/booze from Steve.

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

I figure it's where she's hiding the meds/booze from Steve.

Maybe she has like 5 litres of Pepsi and a supersized bag of goldfish in it.

20 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Teri and Anna in matching coats, Teri and Mary in matching skirts... Sarah doesn’t match Teri in any way. They’ve got similar hair I guess (apart from the colour). 

Well, Sarah’s flowered headband matches Teri’s coat, so there’s that....

i have a very similar red coat; I chose it because most people I knew had black, gray, or brown, and I wanted to be more visible when outside at night. I wonder what Teri’s and Anna’s motivation was. 

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Do we have a separate thread for the wedding this week? Or posting here and the Bontrager thread?

I’ve been on Freejinger for years now but I still have problems with the Search tool. Where is the main Bontrager thread?  When I search I find different posts with them in it but can’t find the main thread on their family. 

2 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

I’ve been on Freejinger for years now but I still have problems with the Search tool. Where is the main Bontrager thread?  When I search I find different posts with them in it but can’t find the main thread on their family. 

It hasn't had any posts in several weeks, but here it is

11 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

You're not alone, I have trouble finding posts too. I searched and couldn't find the most recent one until someone posted it but I did find a very old post predicting future Maxwell/Bontrager matches, including Chelsy + Joe! Because I can't remember if this is Joe or John or whoever it is getting married.

14 hours ago, freethemall said:

Do we have a separate thread for the wedding this week? Or posting here and the Bontrager thread?

It is really annoying to skip back and forth between threads so I started a thread especially for C and J here.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived