IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 7: Not Pregnant Yet - Oops They Are Expecting

samurai_sarah

33 minutes ago, karen77 said:

This isn't that rare, and a chemical pregnancy is just one that passes before there is a heartbeat (which is usually at 6 weeks pregnant, so 2 weeks after the missed period). I had one, my one and only miscarriage, which happened after almost 2 years of trying and getting nothing but negatives.  You usually get a positive test after your missed period and if it miscarries before that 6 week mark, that's a chemical pregnancy. Not rare at all.

Yeah I meant to say common there, brain fart. I've had 4 chemicals myself.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, karen77 said:

This isn't that rare, and a chemical pregnancy is just one that passes before there is a heartbeat (which is usually at 6 weeks pregnant, so 2 weeks after the missed period). I had one, my one and only miscarriage, which happened after almost 2 years of trying and getting nothing but negatives.  You usually get a positive test after your missed period and if it miscarries before that 6 week mark, that's a chemical pregnancy. Not rare at all.

Same here. I got my positive around 12 or 13 DPO and I miscarried exactly a week later when I was almost 6 weeks along. Bloodwork done in the ER confirmed it was a miscarriage - I still had some HCG in my blood that showed up. My Doctor explained that it’s much more common than people realize. It didn’t make me feel less sad, but I didn’t feel quite so alone knowing a lot of other women and couples have gone through it too. 

41 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Amy and Kendra are out tubing today. An interesting activity to do during pregnancy but I guess everyone’s different? *shrugs*

C03A152E-0337-4CAA-8E38-1BE9198ECD4D.jpeg

Hmm, not something I would have done, probably not the smartest thing to be doing, but these aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer either. Hopefully it isn't a very bumpy hill. Did she announce while the pee was drying on the stick or is she just not going to have the giant bump that Jill & Joy had at 12/13 weeks?

43 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Hmm, not something I would have done, probably not the smartest thing to be doing, but these aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer either. Hopefully it isn't a very bumpy hill. Did she announce while the pee was drying on the stick or is she just not going to have the giant bump that Jill & Joy had at 12/13 weeks?

She's gotta be super early in the pregnancy.

My OBGYN (I'm currently pregnant) said you can continue all your normal activity including ab crunches up until about week 20. (That being said, if your morning sickness & fatigue allows you to do those things**)

Pregnant doesn't necessarily equate to fragile. In fact, I'm getting sick and tired of being treated like glass. 

I am tired of the fragile pregnancy thing as well.  Yes, there are definite cases of pregnancy being time to be cautious, but for most it is not.  

I spread one cubic yard of gravel and three cubic yards of soil/compost by myself at 38 weeks.  It needed to be done, so I did it.  Along with watching my two other children.  You do what needs to be done.  I just recently saw a lady would was 5 months along, saying she couldn't bend over.  My husband went over to do it for her.  I gagged.  It was kind of him to help her, but really.

During my first pregnancy I was teaching 2-3 year olds, many of whom weren't potty trained so I would need to lift them onto a changing table for diaper changes. After my coworkers found out I was pregnant I can't tell you how many of them would catch sight of me lifting a kid and freak out saying I shouldn't be doing that. No matter how many times I told them my doctor said it was fine. It got annoying.

My director ended up getting a new changing table for my classroom that had stairs the children could use to walk up themselves. Which I then ended up ignoring half the time because I had a classroom of 10-11 kids to myself and diaper changes needed to be fast, it was usually quicker to just lift the kid than to help them slowly make their way up the steps.

After talking all that mess, I will also admit I have never objected to my husband being the only one to change the cat litter throughout my pregnancies.

19 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

During my first pregnancy I was teaching 2-3 year olds, many of whom weren't potty trained so I would need to lift them onto a changing table for diaper changes. After my coworkers found out I was pregnant I can't tell you how many of them would catch sight of me lifting a kid and freak out saying I shouldn't be doing that. No matter how many times I told them my doctor said it was fine. It got annoying.

My director ended up getting a new changing table for my classroom that had stairs the children could use to walk up themselves. Which I then ended up ignoring half the time because I had a classroom of 10-11 kids to myself and diaper changes needed to be fast, it was usually quicker to just lift the kid than to help them slowly make their way up the steps.

After talking all that mess, I will also admit I have never objected to my husband being the only one to change the cat litter throughout my pregnancies.

Cat litter is specifically included by many doctors as something you shouldn't do.  At no point in my pregnancy did anyone tell me not to lift a certain weight.  

Its nice when people want to help, but everyone was amazed I would do things like bend over and pick up a water bottle I dropped at 9 months . . . it was strange.

I think she's okay tubing if she's not on super high, bumpy hills where there's a chance of falling off.

The skirt over snow pants though....I can't. 

1 hour ago, justoneoftwo said:

Cat litter is specifically included by many doctors as something you shouldn't do.  At no point in my pregnancy did anyone tell me not to lift a certain weight.  

The cat litter thing mainly applies to cats that are allowed outside. Our cat is indoors only. Most people don't know that though, I didn't realize until the end of my last pregnancy. I'm pregnant again though and I haven't shared that fun fact with my husband. Whoops.

I ran my first marathon alongside a woman who was full term.  She was a runner before pregnancy, kept running during pregnancy, and when it never got too uncomfortable for her, discussed with her doctor the possibility of running the marathon with her husband.  She had a special race plan (because she was required to walk more AND needed to know how to respond to contractions), had a friend run it along side her, and finished WELL before I did.

After which, she went out to grab food and after finishing her meal, headed on over to the hospital where she gave birth to a healthy baby shortly after (yes, the marathon did bring on labor, which was expected).  I know this because she made the news :)

I might introduce you to Mary King here . She won olympic gold in dressage / eventing when she was 5,5 months pregnant . Rode until delivery and was back in the saddle two weeks after her c - section. 

I had a fairly high risk pregnancy so there were a number of things I wasn’t allowed to do. Tubing would definitely have been one of them.

If Kendra has checked with her doctor (I kid, I know she’s likely not getting any prenatal care beyond Jill) and has been given the all clear for certain activities then that’s fine. Same for any pregnant person. Follow your doctor’s/midwives advice and listen to your own body. I was so sick of being treated like glass by the end. I didn’t mention the indoor cat/little thing to my husband though...it was a nice break from cleaning the littler box!

1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

I ran my first marathon alongside a woman who was full term.  She was a runner before pregnancy, kept running during pregnancy, and when it never got too uncomfortable for her, discussed with her doctor the possibility of running the marathon with her husband.  She had a special race plan (because she was required to walk more AND needed to know how to respond to contractions), had a friend run it along side her, and finished WELL before I did.

After which, she went out to grab food and after finishing her meal, headed on over to the hospital where she gave birth to a healthy baby shortly after (yes, the marathon did bring on labor, which was expected).  I know this because she made the news :)

I remember that story.   I thought what an amazing woman to do something like that. 

Each woman is different, as is each pregnancy. Some women are given the ok to proceed with their normal activities and others aren’t. If you don’t know the person personally then try not to judge - you don’t know their medical history or what their Doctor recommended as being best for them. 

My sister is expecting her second (she’s almost 12 weeks) and her doctor specifically told her to avoid picking up her almost 30 pound son for medical reasons. Due to my miscarriage, my Doctor also proceeded cautiously during my pregnancy - I was mostly ok doing my normal activities, but picking up my 40 pound dog was strongly discouraged. I didn’t have much choice during some of our walks because the adorable jerk would lay down and refuse to move. Have you ever seen a 33 week pregnant woman carrying a 40 pound dog like a baby down the sidewalk? It’s actually kind of funny, especially when the dog looks proud as fuck about being lazy. :pb_lol:

I’m assuming I’ll have to be careful during my next pregnancy due to my miscarriage and the premature birth of my daughter. So if any of you see me out and about when I’m five months pregnant and I ask for help with something, please don’t judge me. 

5 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

The cat litter thing mainly applies to cats that are allowed outside. Our cat is indoors only. Most people don't know that though, I didn't realize until the end of my last pregnancy. I'm pregnant again though and I haven't shared that fun fact with my husband. Whoops.

My doc also told me if you had been cleaning the cats litter all this time, you weren't in danger of getting it just because you were pregnant. You were likely already exposed.

I was working an oncology externship and bowling with a league with the youngest Wolfie, which was ok until I started spotting. Then my OB put her foot down and said no being on my feet all day and no lifting. With a previous preemie and contractions at my 22 week scan, I was on modified bedrest until 38 weeks. It's usually ok to maintain activity unless your have other factors, but tubing is a little dicey because if you go flying off, you can get seriously hurt, even not pregnant!!

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think she's okay tubing if she's not on super high, bumpy hills where there's a chance of falling off.

The skirt over snow pants though....I can't. 

Jessa was 2 months with Spurge when she went sledding with Ben each calling each other baby endlessly. 

I have a funny story, TMI alert!

I started having premature contractions with my 1st at almost 7 months along.  I was given the max 3 shots of something to stop them and they stopped.  But, it was off work and bedrest for me.  Anywho, there was somekind of swabbing the vagina test I had to go back after initial worried visit to see if certain enzymes were present.  That test came up positive and the nurse ( with plenty of other nurses around) asked if I had had sex the night prior,  I red faced confessed I did.  The reaction from them was hysterical!  Que the laughter and joking and I'm sitting there with my big belly cracking up saying " well, how do you think I got like this?!" and " you didn't tell me not to!" and "Belly or no belly, it's a great stress reliever!".  I had to back for another sans sex.  Go back....que all of us laughing and joking again if I had managed to get through abstaining.  Thankfully the test came back fine this time.   I always appreciate humor in intense times!  Those nurses were great!

I get SPD  so badly that it's insanely hard for me to bend over or carry or pick up anything more than a few lbs  long before 5mo. It felt like I was attempting  to use myself like a wishbone earlier than that.

I was super thankful that a few people at work were willing to help me with some heavy or bending stuff! Though I did feel like an asshole sometimes  because I'm generally one who thinks that just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't mostly do whatever the same. I also don't have a habit of people helping me like ever. It's awkward!

So...with my experience, I don't doubt that some others have the same or worse issues. Im also awe of people who can still do these things while huge lol.

3 hours ago, Meggo said:

My doc also told me if you had been cleaning the cats litter all this time, you weren't in danger of getting it just because you were pregnant. You were likely already exposed.

Over the years before I was pregnant with my first child, I had more than one job that included cleaning cat litter boxes, sometimes 12 to 20 boxes twice a day. (Mostly in vet clinics, boarding places, and pet sitting.) My OB still wanted me to avoid cleaning cat boxes, and made me promise to wear a face mask and gloves when I had to clean litter boxes, like my pet sitting job with 15 cats. The masks and box of gloves weren't very expensive, and they gave me (and my OB) some peace of mind. :kitty-wink:

On the other hand, one of the veterinarians I worked for routinely told pregnant women that they were more likely to get toxoplasmosis (that's the parasite that can be in cat waste) from eating undercooked meat than from cleaning their cat's box. He also recommended that they follow their doctor's advice.

9 months pregnant with number 2 and number 1, aged 19 months, had a full on meltdown at the shopping centre.  Laying on the ground, arms and legs going, screaming.  I just picked her up and tucked her under my arm on my hip, her arms and legs still going, and went on my way.  She never threw another tantrum as it didn’t get her anywhere. :my_rolleyes:

She is stubborn,  but fairly level headed now.

Having said that, I made husband deal with any raw meat and kitty litter.  That stuff was revolting and I vomited up to 20 weeks with number 2.

1) The discussion about what you can and can't should and should not do is seeming strangely reminiscent of the discussion after we saw the pictures of pregnant Joy on a dirt bike (not judging or snarking just observing) 

2) This might make me crazy but like is it wrong that I think the hair would be more of an inconvenience than the skirt?? it's so long and not tied back! mine would be blown everywhere, caught on things and yanked out of my head I'm sure. 

3)Kendra looks so so young in these pictures...like she's enjoying her last days of winter break before going back to grade 11. Although...I guess she's barely older than that so. 

WHOA! Hold the phone, according to the tag on Amy's Instagram, they are at the Massanutten Resort in Virginia, about 16 hours away. 

Oh, you coy little devil Amy!  So it appears the couples are vacationing together.   The resort appears to have a spa, indoor water park, escape room, skiing and tubing.  So my guess is the boys are skiing and the girls are tubing since it's "safer" for pregnant women.  

This makes me wonder about Joe and Amy's relationship.   It seems uncharacteristic Jim Bob would have allowed them to be so close since Amy is both wild and spilled her guts left and right about Josh.  

I have to say, good on Kendra and Joe for having and traveling with couple friends.

Really not about the gender role bullshit (why can't girls ski?) or the skirt over the snow pants (why? Do you expect to defraud boys while covered in thick, not-very-shapely winter clothes from head to toe?), but glad she's having fun. And I don't expect that her baby will come flying out if she goes tubing unless she's tubing down K2 or something. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived