IGNORED

Lori Alexander 32: Breastfeeding Begets Boners

mango_fandango

4 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Yes, I am pretty sure it was 1-2 years. 2 at tops. Koala will know for sure. And isn't it funny in that short time, 6 women admitted to her they regret having kids!

Thanks, I was pretty sure I hadn't imagined it. And yes, extremely funny. Funny in the peculiar sense. :my_dodgy: :pb_lol:

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear Lord -- now Lori is ragging on about "feminist" grade school teachers -- spurred on by a man who started kindergarten in 1957. 

I seriously doubt that as a 5 year old he knew what a feminist was -- and certainly not in 1957.  Probably 99% of teachers in 1957 were women.

Teaching has for decades been been considered a "girl" job. Even in my day high school girls were steered toward only 3 careers:  teaching, nursing and secretary.   Not for feminist reasons, but because men generally weren't interested in those Jobs.  Lori herself was a teacher -- and she certainly isn't a feminist.

And I'm jgoing to call Lori a liar for writing this, because she is flat out lying:  "I taught for about five years before being able to stay home."

Oh here we go!!! She taught 3.5 years! Which is it, Lori???? About 5 years is the same as 3.5 years, I guess?? Round it up is good enough. Or round it up when it fits better with the story I guess. More believable to meet 6 women who hate being moms in 5 years than 3.5.  I swear still on her old blog she said it was only a year. Still looking. 

https://thetransformedwife.com/did-my-college-education-make-me-a-better-wife-or-mother/

After graduating from high school, I went to college for five and a half years to get my teaching credential. After receiving my teaching credential, I taught three and a half years before I came home full time to be with my children. 

Lori had many interesting experiences as a public school teacher.  

Her first experience was when she was a student teacher, for a teacher who just happened to be...wait for it...demon possessed.  That's right, her supervisor just happened to be possessed by demons.  When Ken confronted Lori's professor to "warn him" about said possession, he was not taken seriously.  Imagine that...

Lori was then transferred to a "very nice" school in a "good neighborhood".  The problem?  Her new supervisor wore bibs at lunch, and slobbered food all over herself.  Trufax.  It totally happened.  

Then there's today's reference to the time that an entire table of teachers confessed that they wished they'd never had their children, and how terribly rebellious they all were.  

All of this culminated with Lori poking a hole in her diaphragm and achieving her ultimate goal: Doing absolutely NOTHING.

Lori:

I love teachers and am very thankful for them

Yes, dear, you are practically dripping with appreciation.  

Note:  Lori was pretty fixated on the financial status of the students she taught.  Turns out, this wasn't the first time she's told the story she told in today's post.

2012:

Years ago, when I was teaching in a very poor area of town, I was sitting at a lunch table with a group of teachers discussing having children. I was very pregnant with Alyssa at the time. Every single one of those teachers said that if they were to have children all over again, they would not do it. Child raising had not been a good experience for any of them.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/04/write-your-love-story.html

2014:

I was moved to another very nice elementary school in a good neighborhood.

Reality?  Princess Lori didn't want to deal with gross, poor children.  

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-demon-possessed-teacher.html

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I taught three and a half years 

I taught for about five years

Don't her lies make a cute couple? :pb_lol:

I also call bullshit on this story about the teachers regretting having kids.  Many women go into that profession because they love kids, and it's not too difficult to stop teaching for a few years when the kids are young, and then get back into it later, so it can be flexible for mothers and families.  Seems like a good career for mothers.  And if some people regret having kids, who in the hell would admit that in front of their coworkers??  That is not a common topic in the workplace - most people don't get that personal in front of work acquaintances.   

9 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I also call bullshit on this story about the teachers regretting having kids.  Many women go into that profession because they love kids, and it's not too difficult to stop teaching for a few years when the kids are young, and then get back into it later, so it can be flexible for mothers and families.  Seems like a good career for mothers.  And if some people regret having kids, who in the hell would admit that in front of their coworkers??  That is not a common topic in the workplace - most people don't get that personal in front of work acquaintances.   

Getting back into it depends on when you left/returned and whether you have tenure, I think, although some districts allow for a lot of time unpaid after childbirth. It's definitely better when you have school-age kids, I think, because you can be home after school and during the summers if you're not picking up another job. (Reference: a mother who taught for decades.)

This is Lori, remember, and she mentions this conversation being at a table of teachers when she's heavily pregnant. I can see the other women agreeing that, "Oh, yeah, it can be hard. There were days I wanted to check if the hospital took returns on my newborn/toddler/teenager/insert problem age here!" and Lori interpreting that as completely regretting having kids at all.

You know that none of these men want to make $35,000 to spend the day with a bunch of five-year old. 

But young women are all feminists.

Luckily all the "older" women are nice, warm, old-fashioned, Bible-believing Christians.

35 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

Yeah, Its likes 6 women at work telling you all about their orgasms at lunch!

First I know for a fact that a lot of women/ men coming out of Christian schools are not feminists. I went to a conservative Baptist school for undergrad and teaching was one of the larger degree programs. Needless to say I had quite a few friends who were in education and most like 99% would not call themselves a feminist. I didn't even start calling myself a feminist until 2016 or so I think. And I went to public and private elementary schools and then public high school and had maybe one that I would even recognize as a feminist in high school but she was an awesome teacher, probably one of the best in the school. 

As for her all six teachers hated having children story I can imagine it went something like this. All the teachers sit down and 

Mary: "Ugh I don't know what to do with Lazarus, he just got in that terrible two phase" 

Martha:" I remember when Timothy was like that, he was kinda awful especially when he had his tantrums. But he grew out of it" 

Mary: " I almost wish I had waited a little longer before having Laz, that way his sister would have been a little older. But I couldn't imagine life without him now"

Lydia: " I feel you, my twins Peter and Paul just won't stop fighting over everything! It's driving me a little insane but they're so cute when they behave." 

Other teachers (except Lori) nod along because they understand. They begin sharing parenting tips while Lori sits appalled by what she just heard. 

Lori in her head:" what awful feminists! They say they regret having children! And they're indoctrinating the school children with this feminist attitude! ( boils over with anger. The other teachers notice her silent fuming but ignore it in fear of hearing about the possession and poor kids for the millionth time.) 

The End! 

(No bible characters were harmed in the making of this dialogue) 

I wonder what is Lori's definition of "feminist." My guess is that her idea of a feminist teacher is one that isn't telling the young female students to find a husband and make babies. Or basically any teacher outside of the Home Ec or Sunday School realms, because if you're teaching girls anything beyond how to read a recipe or recite Scripture, you're putting unnecessary thoughts into their silly little heads.

My grade school teachers tended to be of the "old maid" variety -- women between 45 and 65+, never married, some still living with and supporting elderly parents.  We tended to call the older teachers Miss First Name.

We had 2 sisters in their 60s.  One taught 6th grade, the other 7th. Another 7th grade teacher was probably 70 and was the great aunt of a classmate.  Most of the school's "old maids" were teaching the second or 3rd generation of  my classmates families.  I know all of these women were good Christians, but most of them were not particular kind, loving, motherly types.  I'm not sure they even liked children. The 2 sisters who taught didn't even like each other, although they lived together in the family home. 

The young pretty teachers, who did seem to like children -- those that Lori would assume were feminists -- tended to get married and leave, or leave once they were pregnant. The married teachers tended to have children in high school or in the grade school and had the same schedule -- which most of them admitted was why they taught.

The married teachers seemed to like children, and really  like teaching.  The old maids -- not so much

Lori has her own definitions of things to get rid of the nuance she can't comprehend.  i think it goes something like this:

"We believe in working outside the home, including teaching" =  in Lori's mind - feminists.

"My class has really been rowdy today.  I wish I did not have to go home and deal with the same, but you know my youngest is currently teething, so I won't get a break." = (in Lori's mind) "wished I didn't have children"

"I wished we had used birth control so that I gave birth at the beginning of the summer" = (in Lori's mind) "wished I wasn't a mom"

"We had a guest speaker at church on Sunday, she gave a message on. . ." = (in Lori's mind) a non-Christian

Lori is a completely unreliable narrator.

37 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Yeah, Its likes 6 women at work telling you all about their orgasms at lunch!

Ken would like to be there for that.

Lori and her ilk are very simple people. They know someone has to teach children. They don't want to do it, and they know most men don't choose this profession. They need a target.

So they decide that young teachers = bad feminists, older teachers=good, Godly women. Great! Now they have something they can bitch about.

The funny thing is, I think Lori's adored grandchildren go to school. I wonder how that plays out.

Lori just seems to have bad experiences wherever she goes.

Her home life growing up?  Bad...except when it wasn't.  This varies based on the point she's trying to make.

Our Bible wasn't ever read in my home growing up. We went to a very biblically-weak church all of those years.

My parents fought all the time

My memories of my growing up years are not fond at all

Other times she will post about what a godly home she grew up in, and how everyone always wanted to be at her house because she had a sahm.

Her school experience?  Bad.  Except a paddle made everyone behave.  Except it didn't.

Our Principal in our elementary school had a large paddle and used it when needed. Therefore, there wasn't a lot of misbehaving going on. 

In the very same post she says:

I was teased a lot for how skinny I was and that I ate such healthy food. 

During one difficult time, a boy was sticking his pencil on my private parts 

How did that not qualify as bad behavior??  My lord... (That part of her story makes me feel really bad for her).  

In junior high:

all through my years in public schools, I never found one godly friend who was being raised in a Christian home and living out Christian values

High school?  Bad:

Everyone was drinking, smoking and fooling around with the opposite sex. I would hold a beer in my hand and pour it in the bushes when no one was looking, just trying to fit in until I heard that one of my 'friends' gossiped, "It's so cool that Lori is coming down to my level." I immediately thought, "No, I'm not!" 

The highlighted bit?  I'm going to call GIANT ASS LIE on that one.  Who would say that?  I mean, really...

The main problem?  She was just too good:

I was teased in high school because I smiled too much. I was called a goody two shoes. 

College?  Well, duh!  BAD.  Bad, bad, bad!

To tell you the truth, I can’t remember anything that I learned in college. I didn’t like any of my classes. I can’t remember any of my professors.

Am I a smarter mother because I went to college? I don’t think so. 

Marriage to Ken?  Really bad:

For many years after I married Ken, I was VERY unhappy. 

She also had problems with her job, her fellow teachers, neighbors, the homeowners association, and all of the churches they've attended so far.  

I think the better question, is when *doesn't* Lori have a problem, and some wild story to illustrate just how good she is, and how bad everyone else is.

Here's the conversation in the staff lounge before Lori comes in.

"Hey, everyone, let's all tell Lori we hate our kids.  I'm sick of hearing about all that demon possession shit".

"Yeah, how did she get a teaching certificate, anyway"?

Well, it's because we're on the poor side of town".(cue someone to rewrite that song)

I really wonder how much of Ken Alexander's personality is the cause of Lori's beliefs. I think we've all met guys like him...totally unwilling to have normal interactions with women. I think there are real incidents of sexual misconduct with him. 

But I think we all know women like Lori too. Rich white women that are offended by everything. We either know them personally, or have encountered them on a Facebook post. 

I wonder what makes Lori happy. 

One comment says men as teachers inherently command more respect. Uh no, that right there shows how unnatural it actually is. You believe it, you say it around your children and then they act it out. "I respect my male teacher more because he just commands respect unlike all my female teachers!" See how that works? And combine that with the women are weaker and more easily deceived crap and you have a classic case of social learning! No wonder women don't "command" more respect. These people are teaching their children not to. 

I was taught to show respect to both genders and by gosh I did because I knew that I didn't want to get yelled at. (Goody two shoes kid). And I understood that people were Gods creation and to be loved. Some of the teachers that commanded the most respect in all of my schools were females because they were/are smart, good teachers, and kind. Even at the college level my women professors were will respected and they (gasp) taught men as well! I had great make teachers to though 

Ha she just deleted all the comments from her post today. There was one woman who agreed and another who challenged her and now its all gone. 

Look at this post

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/10/is-teaching-good-career-for-mothers.html

I substituted for awhile when my youngest was in junior high. I noticed that all the female teachers were dragging by the end of the day. I was exhausted when I came home and could hardly move. I would lay on the couch and stay there a long time. My poor daughter, who I was suppose to be home schooling, was not getting much of my time or attention. I also taught full-time the first two years of my oldest daughter's life. I felt like I wasn't a good wife, mother or teacher because I was so overwhelmed.

Teaching is exhausting. It takes a ton of energy to teach a bunch of children. One of my friends who had children and was a teacher said it was like running a marathon. I have never wanted to run a marathon so it sure did not appeal to me.

I didn't know the substituted part. She always made her story seem like she taught for a few years when her oldest was little and then she was forever done with the work world, but look she worked part time for a bit too. Besides that, look how incredibly lazy she is!! Could hardly move? 

And from another post

One such family that I knew from church was the Walsh family. The Walsh family home-schooled their children for many years but when two of their daughters reached high-school age, they decided to send them to the public school where I teach. As soon as I found out about their decision, I warned them about the spiritual dangers of public education, but sadly they ignored my warning. It was as if their daughters were placed inside a spiritual gas chamber. It didn’t take long for the poison to take effect. Within a year’s time one of them even became a lesbian. My heart broke each and every time I saw her walk around campus with her girlfriend. I can only imagine how utterly devastated her family must feel.

GASP!! A LESBIAN! Yikes!!  Family is probably more devastated that Lori told this story using their presumably rea last name.  

Oh jeez that last quote I shared wasn't from Lori but something she took from someone else. OF course it wasn't obvious all. Either way another Christian using a family last name to shame them.

16 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Ha she just deleted all the comments from her post today. There was one woman who agreed and another who challenged her and now its all gone. 

Look at this post

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/10/is-teaching-good-career-for-mothers.html

I didn't know the substituted part. She always made her story seem like she taught for a few years when her oldest was little and then she was forever done with the work world, but look she worked part time for a bit too. Besides that, look how incredibly lazy she is!! Could hardly move? 

And from another post

GASP!! A LESBIAN! Yikes!!  Family is probably more devastated that Lori told this story using their presumably rea last name.  

Oh bullshit. I know lots of homeschoolers who turned out LGBT

I think we are all remembering her working for 2 years based on she always says it as "I worked the first 2 years of my daughters life". She could have worked more than that. 

Check out this quote

Someone else raised her the first two years of her life while I worked as a teacher which I disliked intensely. However, after those two years, I was blessed to be home with her full-time, along with my other three children, all of their growing up years. I wouldn't have traded ONE second of any of it for any career, no matter how much it paid or how little we had to live on!

But I shared a few comments ago that she substituted while one of this kids was in junior high. So was not home full time from here on out. 

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Teaching has for decades been been considered a "girl" job.

This 1914 picture is from the historical museum in the little town I grew up near (little as in less than 400 people in the town. I grew up on a farm 5 miles out of town). Some of these kids might even be my relatives! The teacher (if you can't pick her out is top left in the white dress, back row)

59f0d42fabc79_huntschool1914.thumb.JPG.977a5229a80e9ca8d7afaeb8bc35eab8.JPG

But we are sure this lady was a feminist (a word not made up, as far as I know) in 1914.. <eyeroll> It was common to get the smartest girl to teach the one room schoolhouses before they got married. They could pay her less than an educated man. :(

I am mistaken. Per Merriam Webster- Feminist was first used in 1895.

Definition of feminism

1 :the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes

2 :organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

NEW! Time Traveler

First Known Use: 1895

Okay, the thing where she's deleting Facebook comments that agree with her, is so weird.  Why on earth would she do that?  I doesn't make any sense at all.  

This is my favorite bit from today's post. The man telling the story is looking for his "feminist" teacher online:

"After not finding out anything I looked up obituaries and sure enough found her by her maiden name even though she was married. She had a hyphenated last name with her maiden name-husband’s name. So my early thoughts back in 1961 about her being different were definitely true."

The hyphen was the definitive factor to confirming that this woman had indeed been a feminist. If I didn't know Lori, I would think this was a joke. 

Also, Lori can't ever stop gossiping about the ungodliness of others. How is it that just today she remembered that all of her teachers were feminists? If it's true (spoiler: it's not) we would have heard about this before. Convenient, isnt it?

(I mistakenly posted this in the Fundie Encounters thread. The dangers of multi tasking.)  

I'm throwing this out as something I've been convicted of after reading Lori for 2 years.

I don't think Lori likes or ever even wanted children, not even her own*.  Despite her often repeated mantra that she always only ever wanted to be a wife and mother, I think she only wanted to get married so she could stay home and not work. Having children was not part of her plan.

I believe that to Lori having children was what was expected of her in her Christian world.  What a Christian wife was supposed to want to do.  So she did. Whether she wanted to or not.

I completely believe having the second baby was only to get out of working not her fervent desire to be home with her oldest.  And she only had a 2nd child because that was the only way Ken would let her stay home.  Obviously since she was using bc, Ken wasn't dying to have a 2nd child right then.  And based on nothing but a feeling, I think her 4th child was an oops.

* She swears she dearly loves her grandchildren, but I don't see it in the way she writes or talks about them.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived