IGNORED

Lori Alexander 32: Breastfeeding Begets Boners

mango_fandango

2 hours ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

@Sarah92 I keep forgetting to say AMEN SISTA to all of your posts. So here: AMEN SISTA!!!! :boom:

In regards to leg humpers... I went to Lindy’s Facebook page. Yuck. Seriously. Why do people who proclaim to be Christians try to use FEAR against others? I do not care how a person becomes a Christian, I am just always proud of them for doing so. Asking Jesus into our hearts is not a sin. The Bible frequently mentions our hearts and the state of them. I always ask Jesus to be in my heart and influence my actions towards God’s will... THAT IS NOT SIN!!!! Lindy and Lori and others like them are so uncertain of their own faith that they feel the need to make others question their own... WHYYYYY

Additionally, I do believe there is an appropriate time and place for people to examine their faith with scrutiny. But that takes time and can be emotionally draining. I think that should always be self-motivated and NOT caused by others like Lindy. She is literally being a stumbling block to the faith of others. Stop that nonsense Lindy and Lori!

Aww Thank you!:tw_blush:

I think using fear against people just makes them feel powerful in a way. They're so full of their own fear that they have to bring other people down to their level (or below them). Which is sad. Lindy just kinda blows my mind with some of the stuff she says. Of course looking at Lori's new post it looks like Lindy is privileged to remain in the comments while Lori got rid of everyone else. How cute, maybe they'll start a new blog together.  Lori and Lindy's guide to Womenhood: How to serve your husband, look down on others and sacrifice your personhood. 

I've had to examine my own faith a lot, even recently within the past month. And I think it's good but it was/is very emotionally draining. But I had to decide to do it, it wasn't because some random lady scolded me about some random crap. 

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

37 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Isn’t that the main reason why IBLP men usually have their own businesses, so that don’t have to submit to a heathen, the “wrong kind” of Christian, or—Rufus forbid—a woman?

That's an argument I heard pretty often, at least that no good 'Christian' man could submit to a female boss. That was usually accompanied by very disrespectful talk about women in the workplace, and men who actually worked for them.  The heathen boss thing wasn't talked about as much, but the men I knew encouraged other men who worked for 'unbelievers' to try to convert them, and if that didn't work then the rudeness and disrespect began. 

Has Lori read the last verse of Proverbs 31?  'Give her of the fruit of her hands;  and let her own works praise her in the gates.'  That sounds to me like this woman was allowed to keep what she earned.  The last bit looks to me like what she did was known and praised in the gates. In the GATES, presumably of a town or city, not just at home.  

Spoiler

I totally agree! I made a list earlier myself about all the women that Lori routinely misses when talking about the Bible. She uses only a small portion of the Bible. This Proverbs 31 post shows that as she's already posted on that several times.  I mean she talks about God hating money and I don't think she used a Bible verse to support it. I don't disagree that making an idol out of money is bad. But that shows that she has no real understanding of the fact that some mothers work so that their children aren't homeless, not because they want luxuries. So until Lori hosts a windowed/ single mother in her home I won't buy it. She from what I read doesn't tithe, doesn't volunteer, doesn't do anything in the church. Shouldn't she be incredibly involved in making sure widows/ single moms don't have to work? Guess not. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Yet shaming worked for centuries as a very effective deterrent on out-of-wedlock childbearing without requiring government intervention. Maybe it's time we revisited it.

Effective is an interesting word here. Is it effective to have children socially stigmatized through no fault of their own? During the time of social shaming for having children out of wedlock, which by the way is alive and well in many parts of the world, these children found themselves blocked at every turn. Many grew up to be criminals since they lacked education and had limited job prospects. They often had little to no contact with family who didn't want to associate with the fallen woman and her bastard. Is this what Lindsay means by effective? Or is this about her need be morally superior? There's no need to bring shaming back because it's here already. Lindsay and her ilk are doing a great deal of shaming others for not living as they do. 

She deleted all this?? Why oh why does she even respond just to delete? And now its "absolutely" when before it "most likely"

Screenshot_2017-10-27-14-04-05.thumb.png.e4a3232fe6dadbe25488b51c332bab88.png

FIELD. FIELD. FIELD.

If you’re gonna farm one you should probably know how it’s spelled.

Exactly.  If Lori is so concerned with the church supporting widows, she should damn well be tithing regularly.

To take it a step further, they do NOT live a modest/moderate/frugal lifestyle.  Lori spends money like nothing I've ever seen.  Imagine how many widows/single moms they could help if they just quit spoiling themselves.  

I'd take Lori's "message" a lot more seriously if she put some action behind her "convictions".  I still wouldn't agree with her, but at least she wouldn't be a giant hypocrite.

It also looks like she's deleted most of the comments on the Children Taught By Feminists post. What is she up to? I'm far too curious and nosey for my own good. If you want your posts to go viral again Lori you need to leave the comments. People see those comments and then they comment. Why delete the positive ones? 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Lindsay (from Lindsay's Logic) is another one.  She has a whole FB rant on how we should bring shaming back.  Seriously.  

Lori has posted (favorably) of shaming as well, once asking a reader "when shame became such a bad thing".

They are all for public shaming of unwed mothers and illegitimate kids, but public shaming of that pervert Josh Duggar - heaven forbid!!!!1!!1!!!

27 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

It also looks like she's deleted most of the comments on the Children Taught By Feminists post. What is she up to? I'm far too curious and nosey for my own good. If you want your posts to go viral again Lori you need to leave the comments. People see those comments and then they comment. Why delete the positive ones? 

Yes I'm quoting myself lol.  actually I might have been mistaken. My laptop shows them being deleted but my phone doesn't. Idk what's going on anymore. With that page I just don't expect it to make sense anymore. 

54 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I think she just got rid of the Lindy comment too. Does anyone see it? What the heck??

I am telling you, she has totally lost it.  She's deleting comments from people:

1) That agree with her

2) That are long time followers

She will even comment back (positively) and then delete both of their comments.  

I am totally baffled.  I'm entertaining the thought that she has become so obsessed with internet fame, that she's literally taken a leave of her senses.  I also think something is really amiss with Ken, because she has amped up her modesty posts to a point of weirdness (the strangest by far, being the middle of the night video she posted to Youtube). 

For those of you who missed it (and yes, she is sitting in the dark, whispering to the camera :pb_eek: ) :

Something is definitely afoot, but I'm damned if I can figure out what it is.

In the video, she says the following about Ken (age 59):

His mom wasn't diligent about teaching him to bounce his eyes or anything, like I was with my sons.  But he...my husband wants to...he definitely doesn't want to...he umm, he is, is learning to look straight ahead, not to the right and left or anything. 

15 minutes ago, Koala said:

In the video, she says the following about Ken (age 59):

Refresh my memory--who's the leader in this marriage? :pb_lol:

I think she's losing it, too.  There's so much desperation in all the changing out of her threads.  Additionally, she's getting steady pushback here with people calling her on specific remarks she makes.  IMO we parse her comments more than we used to and push back biblically.  I suspect she deleted Lindy's comment because in the "godliest" contest, Lori has to win.  Lori would not want to share that power, it's really all she has. 

I think at some point in their marriage(probably several points) Ken had a come to Jesus meeting with Lori and told her he would cut her off financially or possibly divorce her if she didn't start putting out more.  Then he pushed hard on the submissive wife schtick and told her he didn't want to hear a complaint from her ever again.

Since Lori is fear driven and anxious, she got boxed into it as the only way to maintain her status.  I believe, based on her passive aggressive behavior towards Ken, that she hates the role but doesn't feel like she has any other choice.  She's lazy, she doesn't want to work, she likes nice things and a nice home so, by god, if she has to be submissive then so will every other woman.  She wants them to be clones of her and just as miserable as she is.

Lori doesn't want anyone to be happy.

39 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Refresh my memory--who's the leader in this marriage? :pb_lol:

Oh, she's just "holding him accountable", as the Bible calls for...or something like that.

2011:

We are holding each other accountable about a few things...eating only "our portion", exercising, etc. {We do have some secrets!} 

Notice, the things they are "holding each other accountable" for, are the very things that Lori was obsessed with all along.  How convenient.

Blessings!

Yes I'm wondering about that mutual accountability. Following their logic. If you aren't really supposed to confront your husband no matter how gently (I suggested this to a women once on one of her posts and was deleted. Believe me this women needed to. ) then how would she broach the subject with her husband about keeping each other accountable? Wouldn't that look like confrontation and trying to change him? So doesn't he have to suggest it? I don't think he did.:confused2:

4 minutes ago, Florita said:

I'm hoping this is a poe.59f3aa93acdb7_careerday.thumb.JPG.d30c16680bdd9bd21a0254e9c8116871.JPG

Damn Career/Carerr Days! 

Annnnnd I've known "godly" homeschooled kids who dated nonChristians and smoked weed without the parents knowing.  So apparently that doesn't work as well as you'd like all the time.

And oh no! She joined the army and now we're going to use our awesome Christian churchieness to shame the entire family. 

It seems the Gaston position is endemic in the fundie community.

Gaston seems like the ideal man in those parts. A leader, emotionally unavailable, strong, a "provider", doesn't want to educate women, wouldn't be involved in the kids lives, probably well respected in the church (if they had one) for his awesome assholeness I mean awesome manliness. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Isn't holding each other accountable a lot like mutual submission?

No, and please don't ever bring that up again.  It will confuse Lori's followers and they may sin, in which case it will be all your fault that you put them on the Satanic Road To Hell.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived