IGNORED

Lori Alexander 32: Breastfeeding Begets Boners

mango_fandango

Okay, I swear Lori has no limits.  

You may have noticed that she's taken to making memes with quotes that she felt were so good, she should have said it twice.

This one, for example:

You can also find that picture on the cover of this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Guide-Surviving-Life-Boys/dp/0692950591/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508771561&sr=8-1&keywords=the+unofficial+guide+to+surviving+life+with+boys

Now, what do you want to bet that Lori didn't get the author's permission to "borrow" that image??

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though most men may not get aroused by the sight of breastfeeding, I suspect that kinky Ken has gotten his jollies this way.  He was probably recently watching someone feed during one of their 'frugal' restaurant meals or happy hours and blamed it on the mother, and forgot about his ability to turn his neck away.  So Lori now blames all women because pervert Ken likes to look.

Lori today:

There is nothing in the Bible that instructs us to follow our passions.  

Unless, of course, you're The Great Lori Alexander:

my passion is teaching the younger women to love their husband, love their children, etc.

See?  Lori's passions are godly.  Naturally, other women's passions come from evil feelings and emotions.

Remember Lori, a woman who thinks she is wise once said:

Nothing in life should be based upon "passion"

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/08/have-you-found-your-passion-yet.html

@Koala  Every time I reference something Lori wrote I think -- oh people will think I'm exaggerating, because not even Lori would go that far. be that that crass, be that immodest, be that crude -- except Every. Single. Time, there are quotes that back up my references.

For a woman who prides herself on being discreet and modest, Lori routinely uses crude, rude and crass language.  Even though she writes endlessly about poop and pooping, bare bottoms, anal sex, ass spankings, 5 minutes and some lube, boobs boobs boobs and more boobs, etc., etc. etc. she would never, ever, never never ever floss in front of a man. The woman has some standards after all.

Lori says women should be

homemakers, discreet, chaste, modest, and shamefaced

Why, then, is she blogging and monitoring other women's lives, talking about poo, sex and nudity, flirting with men, showing off her possessions and her body, coloring her hair and using makeup? Jezebel painted her face.... I wonder if Lori has ever given any thought to that little detail (I'm not against makeup, btw, just pointing out the inconsistencies in Lori's teachings)

19 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I'm really wondering how much Lori makes from her writing. Many of the women who read her probably don't realize how much time writing, editing, and formatting can take. This online career probably takes up quite a bit of time. The same goes for those who tend to sell things from home. All those lipsense, plexus, etc people do have to take time to promote, sell, and plan parties and other marketing in order to sell their items, at least if they want actual monetary gain. At least this is what I've observed. So really just because you're doing something from home does not mean that you are actually being the 24/7 mom Lori wants you to be. Its still working on a career which is a big no no for women apparently. 

Lori may make a little from her youtube channel.  I haven't watched it enough to know if she has ads or not.  She isn't making anything off her blog, as far as I can tell.  She doesn't have it monetized and she doesn't get any sponsorships from that we can tell.

She is horrible at marketing her brand so it's a good thing she doesn't plan on making any money from it.

She probably still makes a little bit from her book, but even that can't be too much, IMO.

I'd bet she spends well more than she's ever made. 

17 hours ago, Hisey said:

She definietely self-published, and also paid for an editor to edit her book. I doubt she had made her money back yet. This ministry is expensive.

She should get a refund from that editor.  It's got the worst editing of any book I've read recently.  The index page isn't even right FFS.

Reader:

Do you believe in women's rights? Right to vote, to purchase property, right to work, right to equal pay? Not every woman is or will be married and have children, so I'm referring to women in general.

Lori:

No, I don't because of the damage they have done to marriages, children, and ultimately nations. None of these things are important to the Lord so why should they be important to us? All they did was take women out of their homes away from their children and make them "independent" (selfish). Where is serving others, doing what is best for our children, submitting to our husband's leadership and supporting who he wants to vote for, etc.? It's nowhere in Women's Rights.

@Koalaooooooh the author of that book has all 5 stars...Lori be jealous! That's why she stole it.  Did you notice when she posted that meme she made on facebook she linked to her blog on the photo? Totally claiming it all as her own. 

I came here to attach the quote you just shared! It wasn't too long ago that Lori was wiggling out of saying "no women shouldn't vote". A few years ago she said she was against women voting then I think around election time surprise, surprise, she changed her stance on it. Well this quote says she is back firmly on no to voting and no to any woman's rights.  I think this will be a handy screenshot for the future. Surely, she will change her mind again. 

juliasergeyevna.PNG

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Thanks to Lori, I went to to the gas station braless today. Not a single person noticed 

I never wear a bra because I haven't found anything that doesn't rub my incision (scar) and open up a wound there.   People can think I'm a slob in my braless, pajama pants wearing state, but I give exactly zero fucks.   If they'd like to trade places so I can wear a bra and "real" pants I'd take that deal.

I don't look at other people when I'm out.  I'm not out to see strangers.  I'm out looking for whatever we are shopping for and then want to get the heck out of the store and get home.  Very rarely, I might notice something.  The other day when we went out for blood draws, I noticed that someone had a really neat looking tattoo.  Had it not been bright oranges and yellows I doubt I would have even noticed it.  I quietly mentioned to my husband that I thought it was a neat tattoo and moved on with my life.  I couldn't tell you what the woman was wearing or anything else about her really.

28 minutes ago, Koala said:

Reader:

Lori:

I guess Lori doesn't realize the reason she is "allowed" to have her own blog and "ministry" on the internet is due to women's rights/feminism.

She is so dumb it hurts sometimes.

Taking off my bra has nothing to do with being independent of my husband... Actually, I love doing it at the end of a long day when I get home and get to snuggle him! :my_biggrin: Lori’s post today just is a jumbled, incoherent pile of crap. I think she’s grasping at straws with this one. 

44 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@Koalaooooooh the author of that book has all 5 stars...Lori be jealous! That's why she stole it.  Did you notice when she posted that meme she made on facebook she linked to her blog on the photo? Totally claiming it all as her own. 

She has a history of "borrowing" things, or taking quotes (completely out of context) and letting her readers assume they are her own.

As Lori frantically scrambles to cover women before Ken can trip all over himself staring at them, let's at least acknowledge what she's up against:

Ken Alexander:

Well, my friend, I have news for you in that I was "born" to want to have sex with multiple woman {actually, I became this way once I went through puberty}, yet I must daily choose to be sexually committed to one person all of my life. 

we must be careful not to paint every sin of looking at a naked body as "adultery." 

Ken to one of Lori's readers:

Courtney that is unfair to say!

I just looked at you and your husband on your blog and your are an ideal model of femininity.

A woman can wear these things and be feminine, but many who wear them are doing so to look masculine, or at least not feminine.

Your face and smile makes it look like you could wear a potato sack and still look feminine, even with short hair. But I do think you would look better with longer hair maybe to the shoulders .... but my opinion doesn't count if your man likes it short. He is the one you are pleasing :) .

Ken offers to send a female FJ member a dozen packs of M&M's (Load up the car, Lori!  Ken needs to make a post office run!) :

I was skimming too fast and thought Curious had lost the M & M's If you lost them, I will ... Just post your address and I will send a dozen packs.

And now I am thinking about Lori fuming over buying a dozen packs of sugar laden M&M's for Ken to send to another woman.  Because submission!

Just now, EowynW said:

All this time I have thought the m&m thing was a joke. 

Oh, no.  He was totally serious.

To everyone who can go braless: I'm jealous! I developed costochondritis about five years ago. The cartilage in my ribcage becomes terribly inflamed and the weight of my breasts pulling on the muscles is too painful to go without support. I even have to sleep with a stupid sports bra.

I honestly am getting sick of this subject. Men and women both are sexual creatures. Sexuality is at the core of every human. Seeing each others bodies and thinking about sex go hand in hand. After all, we are mammals and the goal is to procreate. Men are wired for sex with multiple partners. That is why they are fertile long after women. That doesn't mean that every man is ogling and lusting after every pair of breasts or bare butt that he sees, Lori. Men are absolutely able to control themselves. Indeed, many men don't need to control themselves because it is not the dominate theme they run on. In short, not every man is as lecherous as Ken. 

That being said, I don't think I've discussed boobs this much since my junior high sleepover days. Whoever falls asleep first gets their bra frozen!

Have any of the rest of you seen the nearly duplicate facebook page that has "WIFE" in all capital letters? - it has to be someone mocking her, right?

26 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

Have any of the rest of you seen the nearly duplicate facebook page that has "WIFE" in all capital letters? - it has to be someone mocking her, right?

I loveee that page. 

17 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Haha the new title gave me a good laugh. I'm pondering what they would do if they saw Mary breastfeeding Jesus? 

Edit: apparently this is a fairly popular art subject. So I guess the historical church really doesn't have a problem with it? Looks sooooo immodest right? *shrugs* 

Also google images of "Lactation of St. Bernard." Awesome paintings that I think completely dismiss the "women of olde didn't breastfeed in front of men" myth.

From "Our Lady of Milk" blog post (https://stpeterslist.com/our-lady-of-milk-20-images-of-mother-mary-nursing) comes this excellent quote:

Sexualization & Puritanism: The Maria Lactans art arguably causes controversy due to two major themes in the Western world. The first is the modern notion or obsession of sexuality, which views the body as a means to the end of gratification. The second is puritanism, which categorically eschews nudity. Both pivot on the same error - the inability to view the human body outside the scope of sexual gratification. A woman’s breast is a prime example. The modern notion of the breast as a source of sexual gratification alone has reached a point that our culture esteems the perfect breast to be the fake breast. In contradistinction, the use of Mary’s breast in Maria Lactans stands as a sign of life, nourishment, and maternity. Particularly with Mother Mary, her life-giving milk nourished our Savior, who in turn would give his life-giving blood over for all humanity.

I think the part I put in bold summarizes Lori's views of breastfeeding perfectly.

18 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Haha the new title gave me a good laugh. I'm pondering what they would do if they saw Mary breastfeeding Jesus? 

Edit: apparently this is a fairly popular art subject. So I guess the historical church really doesn't have a problem with it? Looks sooooo immodest right? *shrugs* 

image.jpeg

When my baby was about six months old, I took her into the bedroom of my MIL’s friend to nurse her. The baby used to like to grab her foot and wave her leg back and forth while she nursed. I looked up and saw a Madonna and Child picture on the wall, in which Jesus was doing exactly the same thing! (After I told them about it, my MIL paid her friend’s son to make me a replica of the picture as a gift.)

Okay, where did Lori get that quote about bra burning for her new post? Because that's just bad writing. I try not to criticise writing too much because I cannot use grammar to save my life. I have to try really hard but that's just it, I try. That reads like a fifth grader wrote it (sorry fifth graders). 

Actually, I looked up the source of this quote and this is what I found https://sites.google.com/a/lakewoodcityschools.org/womensrights_1960/home/women-s-protests. A poorly edited web page. Lori, sweetheart, this is unacceptable writing. You went to college for education, right?  Any teacher worth his or her salt would NEVER allow a student to use this page as a source. You cannot claim to be a teacher and use this kind of material. In fact, the general lack of sources used in her writing shows a lack of teaching ability. Perhaps its the fact that APA has been drilled into my head and APA says you have to pretty much cite everything, even your own past work, that I find her inability to show her sources to be so annoying. I worry about what kind of education she gave her children. 

Maybe those who are not familiar with writing and research (or common sense) will buy into this, but I don't. I haven't spent the last almost seven years of my life writing research papers to fall for this. Heck even without an education all someone has to do is look at that site and then run away in horror. 

58 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Actually, I looked up the source of this quote and this is what I found https://sites.google.com/a/lakewoodcityschools.org/womensrights_1960/home/women-s-protests. A poorly edited web page. Lori, sweetheart, this is unacceptable writing.  

Lakewood City Schools (.org) is a EVIL PUBLIC school district in Ohio. I think Lori is quoting from a student's or class's project. It is all really, really simplistic with no thought to the context in which the women's rights movement of the 60s took place and no actual research into the subject. Typical middle school work, I think. Lori could have just went to the Wikipedia page it was pulled from and skipped the middleman.

But Middle School is where Lori shines socially and intellectually.  Being the Jr. High Bitch is her comfort zone. It's what she knows. 

I asked DH if he thought breastfeeding women were defrauding. He said ‘no, because they are already taken’. 

He has a point. A breastfeeding women shows by this very action that she is most likely in a committed relationship and not interested in seducing random guys. It is as defrauding as flashing your wedding ring. 

So let me get this straight... Lori supports NONE of women’s rights?!?!?! She literally is despicable. There are not words to describe her evil nature. Now I understand why she speaks so lowly of women. She doesn’t believe they have rights at all. Very easy for her to say when she’s never had to fight for any of the rights (or luxuries) that she has....

28 minutes ago, fundamentallyfearless said:

So let me get this straight... Lori supports NONE of women’s rights?!?!?! She literally is despicable. There are not words to describe her evil nature. Now I understand why she speaks so lowly of women. She doesn’t believe they have rights at all. Very easy for her to say when she’s never had to fight for any of the rights (or luxuries) that she has....

I think she just has no idea what women’s rights even are. She equates it with dominance, promiscuity, gender deniance, humiliating men, refusing to nurture children and other vices she associates with feminism (which is another thing she has no clue about). She has never been and will never be without any of these women’s rights, which is why she can easily dismiss them. But if Ken died and she did not get a penny, or her testimony was dismissed in court because she was a woman, or she was raped and told by police she should not have been out without a male relative, or her daughter was denied elementary education because girls don’t need to read, she may rethink ‘women’s rights’.

She IS Serena Joy in that she  would slowly realize that her own rights have been taken away along with all of the other women in Gilead.  She is too stupid to realize that in her dystopian society, her blog would never be allowed, she would have no use as she is not fertile and Ken would probably be visiting the brothel all the while she knits and recites Bible verses. I LOATHE her.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived