IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Sadly, I have come to believe that VV will never be finished in our lifetimes. Maybe Satan will do a screening for us when we all reunite in hell. Watching VV might actually be some form of torture. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

How long have they been making this movie? It seems like it has been around a decade. 

I think it is longer than a decade but don't quote me. I cannot navigate that site with ease. I know the "actors" have changed physically so much that some parts had to be reshot about two years ago.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

How long have they been making this movie? It seems like it has been around a decade. 

Yes it has.  No hyperbole.  Dad's Diary is shut down for us not in his prayer circle, but I believe it was fully formed as a project as of 2009 at the latest. 

On 4/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They have to be messing with us.

Yeah, I'd say so.  Today's offering:

Spoiler

30581957_1727884990587781_34725852976722

Caption:  "Anyone know of any unmarried horses we can introduce to one of the Arndt ducks?" 

On 4/11/2018 at 11:55 AM, JenniferJuniper said:

Yeah, I'd say so.  Today's offering:

Hide contents

30581957_1727884990587781_34725852976722

Caption:  "Anyone know of any unmarried horses we can introduce to one of the Arndt ducks?" 

That's sure a cry for help if I've ever heard one! Lol

On another note...it's that time of year again :baseball3:they've put up a livestream of tonight's softball game. I only could handle a small portion, but getting to the really important superficial assessment of my sub ten minutes of view time:

Caleb is way too young for me but he's really good looking. I don't really think there is an unattractive Arndt though. Nathan reminds me (looks wise) way too much of my boyfriend's buddy who is a shady mofo. It's very freaky seeing Nathan for that reason. Rick looks like a doofus throwing dirt in the air, I assume to see what direction the wind is blowing. Ladies, no James tonight so Luke up close and personal will have to suffice. 

OK, "new" V V footage on FB... although it still includes the pumpkin polishing scene...

What *are* we watching?!  

I suspect that VV will have so many Arndt in jokes that it will be incomprehensible to anyone not in the family.  Hopefully, it will become a cult classic in the truly awful film genre. 

4 hours ago, Howl said:

I suspect that VV will have so many Arndt in jokes that it will be incomprehensible to anyone not in the family.  Hopefully, it will become a cult classic in the truly awful film genre. 

I wondered about that. They seem isolated in their own way, things that seem normal to them aren't normal for the general population. How was that going to work out? 

37 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I wondered about that. They seem isolated in their own way, things that seem normal to them aren't normal for the general population. How was that going to work out? 

I don't know but I hope at least one episode includes an homage to March of the Penguins

Spoiler

tumblr_o74hrv3vnf1qd4rf5o2_r1_500.gif

Whenever I see the Arndts' thread come up I hope something has happened in their lives, only to find that everything has stayed the same. 

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Bring it on, I say.

vinevalley.png

And another birthday cake in the bedroom posting on FB.  :LOUCHE:

How old is Nathan now?

I believe Nathan is 23 this year...  and only 3 of the kids are younger than him! I actually can't believe that all but 1 will be adults this year

"Arndt" there 4 Arndts younger than Nathan? ME/Caleb/Peter/David? Either way I agree - crazy there's only going to be one minor left this year :my_confused:

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

"Arndt" there 4 Arndts younger than Nathan? ME/Caleb/Peter/David? Either way I agree - crazy there's only going to be one minor left this year :my_confused:

Oops, forgot about Caleb!! :content:

I step away for a while, some back and nothings changed with the Arndts. I mean this has got to be some big Truman Show joke they're pulling on us. There's no way 14 'children' are ok living like this. They must go thru a lot of wash clothes.

I think that the Arndts are the strangest family of all the ones that I follow here. They live in the world but are not part of it. Somehow Cathy and Rick have convinced 14 adults or near adults that the only place that they will be safe is at home. They turn over their paycheques (I assume) and spend time indulging Rick's fantasy of being a filmmaker. They also play softball because Rick loves softball. :wow:

Anyone else surprised at some of the memes they're posting on FB? Firstly that some of them are actually funny, when I wouldn't have thought I'd share their sense of humour. And recently a Titanic-related one.... Were they actually allowed to WATCH Titanic? I'd be surprised. 

Seems like they are really reaching out to their audience... but the word find 6th grade memes are .... different.

Nice pic of some of the man-boys with a bride and groom.  One was shirtless.  NIKE!

20 hours ago, Eastcoastn said:

Anyone else surprised at some of the memes they're posting on FB? Firstly that some of them are actually funny, when I wouldn't have thought I'd share their sense of humour. And recently a Titanic-related one.... Were they actually allowed to WATCH Titanic? I'd be surprised. 

Here’s the thing about the adult Arndts (well the ones who are in their late 20s and 30s)... They aren’t actually sheltered. These guys travel all over the place taking pictures of completely non fundie people and most likely staying in hotels along the way. They all have their own smart phones and internet access so they are all probably pretty knowledgeable when it comes to pop culture type stuff. They probably watch some tv and movies, surf the internet, use social media, and mingle with lots of non fundie people through softball and work. 

To me that’s the weirdest part of it all. The fundies that are cloistered at home and unmarried (like Sarah Maxwell) don’t actually surprise me. But the Arndts do! They aren’t cloistered. They are good looking. They are skilled in their professions. They seem to have a sense of humor. 

And yet they are still all living at home unmarried. Blows my mind.

Does anyone know what Vine Valley is really about? Because the "trailer" (and I use that term loosely) appears to be scenes from the life of the Arndts set to the sort of music my massage therapist plays. :?

13 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Does anyone know what Vine Valley is really about? Because the "trailer" (and I use that term loosely) appears to be scenes from the life of the Arndts set to the sort of music my massage therapist plays. :?

Falling over.  Many times.  In snow.  Off bicycles.  In the woods.  And bathing pumpkins quite defraudingly.  I'm a bit unsure about the significance of that last thing but it is undoubtedly crucial to the plot.

And Cathy as Little Red Riding Hood.  With a basket.  In the woods.  As Rick falls over.

No, Rick does have a sort of theme.  Misguided Atheist professor learns true Christian religion the hard way.  By falling over multiple times.  To to the sort of music your massage therapist plays. 

Vine Valley, the musical!

23 hours ago, Eastcoastn said:

Rick is very careful about what he allows the children to watch - all way up to those in their late 30's - but you'd have to have watched the film to understand that meme.  So my guess is they watched some network broadcast that had any naughty scenes edited or deleted.

But it's a good point.  There was room on that door for Jack. 

46 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Rick is very careful about what he allows the children to watch - all way up to those in their late 30's - but you'd have to have watched the film to understand that meme.  So my guess is they watched some network broadcast that had any naughty scenes edited or deleted.

But it's a good point.  There was room on that door for Jack. 

I remember when Seth talked about watching and disliking Napoleon  dynamite and I thought... where would you get an opportunity to see it and if you did, did you get to watch the whole thing?

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Vine Valley, the musical!

Look out, Hamilton! V V is coming to streak past your ticket sale records!

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived