IGNORED

Safe at Home (Arndts) 3: No penguins were harmed in the making of this thread

samurai_sarah

I would love love love it, heck, I'd pay money to see it, if a lovely, wholesome young woman in her late 20's showed up at one of the softball games and started putting the moves on one of the older boys, Mark preferably. What do you think might happen? 

Ok, besides Cathy storming over to the two of them and demanding that Mark come help her with something.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone fill this newbe on this whole penguin and Lego thing? Are any of these kidults married?

1 hour ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

Could someone fill this newbe on this whole penguin and Lego thing? Are any of these kidults married?

None married. They still enjoy playing with plush penguins and Legos at their present ages.

I find their media too tedious to visit. Have they said any more about the portrait studio they’re building in the house???

5 hours ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

Well, awhile back there was the delivery of a fluffy penguin toy by drone.  It was a family drama, with three boys arriving home from a trip with the drone and penguin toy, and the rest of the family assembled on the back porch -- INCOMING! 

We haven't considered the possibility that the whole lot of them are nice looking and seem so normal but could be unbearably neurotic/off/weird/grating to be around and the sheer number of them simply amplifies all of the odd characteristics. 

The Ardnts are odd ducks no matter how you look at them, even by fundie standards.

Other large families have married off at least some of their sons (Duggar, Bates, Wissman, Bontrager, Maxwell, Botkin, etc) once they are in their 20's and here we have over 10 of age that have not married.  This is especially odd considering that the boys/men seem to have a thriving business and interact with more people than similarly cloistered families (looking at you Steve).    For chrissakes, they photograph weddings -- seems incomprehensible that they would not think to have their own or pursue that.  

I have to defend the Lego thing. My husband and I have an epic LEGO collection and get a new large set every Christmas. We're in our 30s.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Well, awhile back there was the delivery of a fluffy penguin toy by drone.  It was a family drama, with three boys arriving home from a trip with the drone and penguin toy, and the rest of the family assembled on the back porch -- INCOMING! 

We haven't considered the possibility that the whole lot of them are nice looking and seem so normal but could be unbearably neurotic/off/weird/grating to be around and the sheer number of them simply amplifies all of the odd characteristics. 

Yes and a few years ago, the family’s vacation drama centered around Wizzy’s apparent loss of a stuffed penguin. All very professionally videotaped at a huge vacation home they rented. I think Wiz was 14 or 15 at the time.

The back porch penguin delivery by drone was most intriguing to me in that Cathy pulled the thing from Wizzy’s arms and hugged it like it was her own. This was last year, if memory serves.

I'm really hoping that a FJer will book a photography session with the Arndts and report back. I swear if I lived closer to them, I would use them and report back. 

The Arndts may go down in history as the oddest fundie family. Some of the best looking sons and none of them married! 

Random thought: in an odd way, making it to their early 30s single may make the Ardnt men MORE eligible.  While there may be some young fundie maidens who would be put off by their creepy family/homestead situation, an older Ardnt with his business and singleness could make a very attractive catch for a maiden who is getting up there in age.   From what we have seen, its slim pickings and some of the other SAHD who were "losing their bloom" have gone for way older and IMHO unattractive men.  

10 minutes ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

From what we have seen, its slim pickings and some of the other SAHD who were "losing their bloom" have gone for way older and IMHO unattractive men.  

Didn't a lovely young woman marry one of the godly Staddon men, primarily because of his godliness, because god led her to believe that godliness trumped everything else, like actual attraction and compatibility?  Thinking of pictures of them still gives me the creeps.  

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

Didn't a lovely young woman marry one of the godly Staddon men, primarily because of his godliness, because god led her to believe that godliness trumped everything else, like actual attraction and compatibility?  Thinking of pictures of them still gives me the creeps.  

Look at Tabitha Paine, sue married the convicted rapest. SMH

41 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

Look at Tabitha Paine, sue married the convicted rapest. SMH

Exactly.

Oddball semi-attractive, successful Ardnt man/boy >>>>>>>>>>>> convicted rapist/sanctimonious beekeeper 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Yep. A gorgeous Neely redhead married a very ordinary looking Staddon. I fully believe that if these two were not fundies, they would have never married. I think a lot of average looking fundie males "marry up" in the attractiveness department. 

It's strange to me how fundie women are so attractive and the men are lackluster to down right funny looking.

I wish one of these man boys would take an interest in Sarah Maxwell...but how would they possibly meet?

Maybe a match for Jana too. She could go to work with a photographer, as requested.

Too bad we can't just match up fundies lol

11 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

I have to defend the Lego thing. My husband and I have an epic LEGO collection and get a new large set every Christmas. We're in our 30s.

Yes, but you have a life of your own and are responsible.  They are still kids in their parent's home, no matter how old they are.

By the way, my hubs has model planes and tanks. I like them.

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yep. A gorgeous Neely redhead married a very ordinary looking Staddon. I fully believe that if these two were not fundies, they would have never married. I think a lot of average looking fundie males "marry up" in the attractiveness department. 

Vintage example:  Doug Phillips’ Mother (a right knockout) marrying Howard Phillips (not so much, may he RIP).  I know he wasn’t a fondue st the time but he was far right conservative. 

22 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I find their media too tedious to visit. Have they said any more about the portrait studio they’re building in the house???

No.  We have this instead:

Spoiler

28424074_1686471994729081_16380688278432

:output_eeMbjt: ?

14 hours ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Exactly.

Oddball semi-attractive, successful Ardnt man/boy >>>>>>>>>>>> convicted rapist/sanctimonious beekeeper 

I'm 30 something and not interested in finding a partner. I'm not that desperate that I'd settle for a convicted rapiest. 

I'll give them a pass in the Legos, because they're awesome! I always play with the Legos at the Lego Store.

8 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Vintage example:  Doug Phillips’ Mother (a right knockout) marrying Howard Phillips (not so much, may he RIP).  I know he wasn’t a fondue st the time but he was far right conservative. 

There are A LOT of examples in fundie land but I won't name them all because I feel guilty doing so. But I think we can all collectively come up with a huge number of couples in our heads. 

I think it's a result of how superficial fundies are about the looks of a woman. They seem to expect women to always be well groomed, nicely put together, and trim. They don't seem to have that high of expectations for the men in fundie land. It's one of the many things that drive me crazy. 

7 hours ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

I'm 30 something and not interested in finding a partner. I'm not that desperate that I'd settle for a convicted rapiest. 

I feel the same. I'm in my late 30's and I have spent thousands of dollars over the years on match making sites and have had zero luck I'm at the point in my life where I'm ok with being single for life. I paid for a 3 month membership on a site 1 last time and if nothing comes of it. I am taking my profile off the site. 

21 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Maybe a match for Jana too. She could go to work with a photographer, as requested.

James Arndt would be perfect for Jana. I've said it a million times! He's a jack of all trades, "works with his hands" type and he's only a couple of years older. But really Jana could have her pick, none of the man boys are hard on the eyes! Paul, John, Mark, Luke, Jude, and James are all older than her. I think Philip was born in 1990 but is a bit younger than Jana who was born in January. Which is nothing. So 7! :P Come on Jana!

On 3/2/2018 at 6:14 AM, EmiGirl said:

I'm with you. I have seen some amazing Lego creations, all done by grownups. And, they tend to not leave bricks on the floor when someone will step on them in the dark.

13 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

No.  We have this instead:

Hide contents

28424074_1686471994729081_16380688278432

:output_eeMbjt: ?

Not. Enough. Brainbleach....

I recently met someone like the Arndt boys. An old friend of my husband's family. He is 39, very religious, and just got married about 6 months ago. He was a virgin until marriage, as was his wife. My husband says their religion is very Doomsday and the couple didn't want to bring kids into the world. Apparently they both waited until they were older because it decreased the likelihood of having kids. I wonder if the Arndt's could have similar views? 

Or I could stick with my original theory...this is all an elaborate hoax, Arndt style. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived