IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 2: WTF is Happening, In More Ways than One

FundieFarmer

Just now, refugee said:

Sounds like drunken ramblings to me... hmmm...

I’d like to think my drunk posting makes more sense than this! (No need to point it out if I’m wrong. ;))

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, refugee said:

Sounds like drunken ramblings to me... hmmm...

2-4-1 - like happy hour? 

6 minutes ago, Destiny said:

What in the world are you on about?

Sounds like everything critical said about Spanky and Lisa here is being attributed to Darby and her adult siblings.  And their mates.  And Marion.  Whoever Marion is ...

I had no idea they were all long-term members here. 

Sounds like everything critical said about Spanky and Lisa here is being attributed to Darby and her adult siblings.  And their mates.  And Marion.  Whoever Marion is ...
I had no idea they were all long-term members here. 

News to me too. ;)

1 hour ago, dripcurl said:

Per Zillow their home is no longer in foreclosure. Lisa has their address in her Instagram bio.

Not any more! :P I am always a little behind and miss out on the fun! 

35 minutes ago, 241 said:

Marion is right. Sproul kids on the loose on FJ with their mates. The devotion to rebellion will kill you and our church.  Don’t you even care? This is so sad. How many elders have to warn you- Darby, Chris,Campbell, Hannah, JT, Dee, EC? 

What a Catch-22: Elders warning people from speaking out about the abusive construct many of these elders uphold.  How many elders does it take to stop RC and Lisa from being flaming pieces of shit on the internet?

1 hour ago, 241 said:

The devotion to rebellion will kill you

Nah. Rebellion against crazy church leaders is the fucking best. Sure it is a pain for the church leaders and it might just kill the church, but some religious organizations just need to die. 

3 hours ago, 241 said:

As an attendee of the same church as Darby, I can say we are all sick of her drama. She came in as a superstar and has lost her spotlight with her foul mouth,  gossip,  and slanderous tales.  I know the real story behind her separation of her father, siblings, and the undeniable  hatred of her new step-mother.  She can’t stay out of the doghouse and was banned. Her gossip led several men from our church/denomination to seek a visit with her father- all looking for Darby’s justifiable complaints. None existed. Darby and the older siblings have sought to destroy their fathers new marriage with a vengeance and they’ve all been banned. The Stouffer family has their hands full with her. Believe me- she stops at nothing and has even asked me and several others to stalk Lisa’s pages on FB, Instagram, and Twitter and say discrediting comments. The rivalry is all inward. The jealousy causes more fueled hatred and this family is about to gain horrible exposure according to our pastor.  This really is a nightmare.

If "this family is about to gain horrible exposure", I am willing to bet it's due to the abuse Darby appears to have been exposed to, years go, and perhaps that's all going to come to light now, perhaps for justice?  I can only hope that it comes to light and for justice and for healing for Darby!  Oh and hear we go again, using the word 'gossip'....I love how that gets used to spiritually abuse people. Take your fear mongering stuff and go away, it won't work here. :annoyed:

I have my share of issues with Darby Stouffer, but the more we hear from Lisa an attendee of Darby's church :roll: the more I'm team Darby. 

1 hour ago, 241 said:

Marion is right. Sproul kids on the loose on FJ with their mates. The devotion to rebellion will kill you and our church.  Don’t you even care? This is so sad. How many elders have to warn you- Darby, Chris,Campbell, Hannah, JT, Dee, EC? 

Somehow I've missed all the Sproul childrens' "rebellion." Can you provide links to specific examples? I did see a few of Darby's posts here and on her social media. And no trouble telling it was Darby, unlike a couple other Sproul family personalities, like Schmoopy, masquerading as concerned outsiders. Nothing particularly rebellious about any of Darby's posts that I could see. She did mention something about being a victim of Steven Sitler. Pretty courageous of her to go public with that. Must have been horrible for her. I'm surprised she didn't blame her dad for that, something he'd certainly deserve, inviting a pedophile to live in his home just down the hall from Darby and her siblings. I have reason to believe much of this family discord goes back to that and Sproul Jr's eagerness to conceal it. On top of everything else they lost their mother to cancer, a woman everyone agrees was a sweetie. Now the Sproul kids have to deal with a self-obsessessed hyper-religious psychobitch for a step-mom.

So much for gay marriage breaking up families and the ordination of women weakening churches - turns out RC2 can do all that on his own!

17 hours ago, 241 said:

She came in as a superstar and has lost her spotlight with her foul mouth,  gossip,  and slanderous tales.

The devotion to rebellion will kill you and our church. 

How many elders have to warn you?  

What stands out are the threatening buzz words and phrases that are always used to keep congregants women in line in controlling churches.  And patriarchy of any kind always adds an extra layer of control for women. 

This is especially fascinating: The devotion to rebellion will kill you and our church

Here's my interpretation of the above, which may or may not prove to be correct.  Darby is getting ready to drop a truth bomb, the church is going into damage control mode, and are telegraphing (threatening): Stop telling the truth and shut up or we'll kick you out/shun you.  We sent our elders to talk to RC Jr. (or some other male) and he told us the correct version of events. Only the male version of the truth counts. 

I drop in on thewartburgwatch.com/ from time to time.  They specialize in uncovering and addressing these scenarios, over and over and over and over again.  Often it's sexual abuse/sin or otherwise acting out of a pastor and the great lengths to church goes to in covering up various kinds of abuse in junior pastors or keeping the reputation of the sinning/abusing money-maker senior/celebrity pastor intact.

Other times an abuser is allowed in the church without the congregation being informed. 

It manifests in all sorts of ways, but the dynamic seems consistent. 

The other consistent factor in abusing churches is praise for an abuser who has repented and zero compassion or acknowledgement of the victim(s). 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Here's my interpretation of the above, which may or may not prove to be correct.  Darby is getting ready to drop a truth bomb, the church is going into damage control mode, and are telegraphing (threatening): Stop telling the truth and shut up or we'll kick you out/shun you.  We sent our elders to talk to RC Jr. (or some other male) and he told us the correct version of events. Only the male version of the truth counts. 

This seems plausible considering Spanky & Lisa are now involved in a new grifting group scam ministry. 

Given that Darby appears to live in another state and apparently still attends a Presbyterian church there, unlike Spanky & Lisa who now seem to be Reformed Baptist, it isn't clear to me how one church could discipline the other church's member(s). 

2 hours ago, Howl said:

What stands out are the threatening buzz words and phrases that are always used to keep congregants women in line in controlling churches.  And patriarchy of any kind always adds an extra layer of control for women. 

This is especially fascinating: The devotion to rebellion will kill you and our church

I drop in on thewartburgwatch.com/ from time to time.  They specialize in uncovering and addressing these scenarios, over and over and over and over again.  Often it's sexual abuse/sin or otherwise acting out of a pastor and the great lengths to church goes to in covering up various kinds of abuse in junior pastors or keeping the reputation of the sinning/abusing money-maker senior/celebrity pastor intact.

Other times an abuser is allowed in the church without the congregation being informed. 

It manifests in all sorts of ways, but the dynamic seems consistent. 

The other consistent factor in abusing churches is praise for an abuser who has repented and zero compassion or acknowledgement of the victim(s). 

I could not find the tweet I wanted to reference, I am not good at Twitter at all, I don't use it and I'm not really sure all the details of how it's used.  What I do know, and caught my eye, is that I saw a tweet on Darby's tweet, while looking at things a couple weeks ago, that was from Rachael Denhollander's husband.  It immediately made me wonder if Darby has been in contact with Rachael in getting assistance with everything.  Just speculation on my part, but it would not surprise me.  I do hope Darby contacted her as I am sure she would be a great resource and know how to deal with things, if Darby would listened. :P 

20 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I have my share of issues with Darby Stouffer, but the more we hear from Lisa an attendee of Darby's church :roll: the more I'm team Darby. 

Darby is also still relatively young. For someone coming out of fundamentalism that awakening doesn't happen until later...late twenties, thirties, etc... I think if there was abuse (or even just her crazy dad), some of what we saw in the past in justifiable, because that's what she was brainwashed to do. 

Spanky and Schmoopy, on the other hand? No excuse. 

I mean, her dad spanked his wife--her mom, for crying out loud. (Which there probably was quite a bit of.) Who knows what kind of craziness was performed on the kids. ❤️ 

Among the families of our congregation R.C. has been a topic of gossip, slander for quite sometime. From the highest of ranks to the lowest. It would only be in fair judgement to speak the truth here- on a snark platform with kin of the Sproul family who respond foolishly- and who see it as a challenge to shoot down whatever is said against their thrust of destruction. The trajectory here is “let’s redirect these revelations of what these kids are really up to/ and their kin to someone else.” Deceivers do these things. Anyone coming to fj can filter- sift through the propaganda to destroy a father and a mother. It’s disgusting. Darby, you just continue to expose yourself. You make Christianity look foolish. Through social media, through snark groups, through church family. Sproul’s are gaining a bad name because of your unbridled tongue. Same with your family involved in spreading rumors to seek to discredit your own father/family member.  It’s a loose topic in full disclosure among our members. Yet many are leaving and have left in disagreement because of the control and support of wrong. What is known of the Sproul’s: The “kids” use weed. The “kids” drink like fish. The “kids” are an abomination to our denomination. The “kids” were not abused, all elders know the details of their toxic behaviors and flavored sarcasm.  Just like the dealings of their fathers choices, they do not want the “kids” to be exposed, just let their dad be the “fall guy” for the family, 

I have watched and heard this for many years now. It’s time someone steps up and lays  the “kids” behaviors before an audience where the “kids” are seeking to blind the eyes of others while doing evil. 

22 minutes ago, 241 said:

Among the families of our congregation R.C. has been a topic of gossip, slander for quite sometime. From the highest of ranks to the lowest. It would only be in fair judgement to speak the truth here- on a snark platform with kin of the Sproul family who respond foolishly- and who see it as a challenge to shoot down whatever is said against their thrust of destruction. The trajectory here is “let’s redirect these revelations of what these kids are really up to/ and their kin to someone else.” Deceivers do these things. Anyone coming to fj can filter- sift through the propaganda to destroy a father and a mother. It’s disgusting. Darby, you just continue to expose yourself. You make Christianity look foolish. Through social media, through snark groups, through church family. Sproul’s are gaining a bad name because of your unbridled tongue. Same with your family involved in spreading rumors to seek to discredit your own father/family member.  It’s a loose topic in full disclosure among our members. Yet many are leaving and have left in disagreement because of the control and support of wrong. What is known of the Sproul’s: The “kids” use weed. The “kids” drink like fish. The “kids” are an abomination to our denomination. The “kids” were not abused, all elders know the details of their toxic behaviors and flavored sarcasm.  Just like the dealings of their fathers choices, they do not want the “kids” to be exposed, just let their dad be the “fall guy” for the family, 

I have watched and heard this for many years now. It’s time someone steps up and lays  the “kids” behaviors before an audience where the “kids” are seeking to blind the eyes of others while doing evil. 

Might I suggest you take your family squabbles to the family? You aren't clothing yourself in glory by airing dirty laundry here. You are, in fact, making yourself look like a crazy person. 

Also, minimising potential abuse ... isn't going to go over well here. 

23 minutes ago, 241 said:

Where to even begin with this incoherent post? "Their thrust of destruction"? "The control and support of wrong"? "Flavored sarcasm"? W.T.F. 

And frankly I don't give a shit if the "kids" smoke weed, and if they drink, well, that nutty Sproul DNA is hella powerful, I guess. 

Does flavored sarcasm make word salad more palatable?

If so, I'll need a lot of it to get through that post...

3 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Where to even begin with this incoherent post? "Their thrust of destruction"? "The control and support of wrong"? "Flavored sarcasm"? W.T.F. 

And frankly I don't give a shit if the "kids" smoke weed, and if they drink, well, that nutty Sproul DNA is hella powerful, I guess. 

I think this poster has done one whole marijuana inside of a flavored sarcasm and is having a time, because this latest post reads like the rantings of a concussed wizard who just found a thesaurus. 

39 minutes ago, 241 said:

Sproul’s are gaining a bad name because of your unbridled tongue.

I think it might be too late... That train’s BEEN wrecked.

46 minutes ago, 241 said:

Is this the same person who wrote those creepy letters to the poor family who bought that house in NJ?  I’m sure you know what I mean.

43 minutes ago, 241 said:

Through social media, through snark groups, through church family. Sproul’s are gaining a bad name because of your unbridled tongue. Same with your family involved in spreading rumors to seek to discredit your own father/family member.  It’s a loose topic in full disclosure among our members.

This is at least the second time you've made this allegation here. I've already asked you to provide evidence by way of links to examples of Darby's so-called "rebellion." Now you're claiming it's also a matter of "full disclosure." Time to make full disclosure here. You keep accusing Darby of slander and lies, and that she's guilty of doing so publicly;  but all we've seen so far is ample evidence that you are the slanderer. Time to lay the evidence on the table. Put up or shut up.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived