IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 2: WTF is Happening, In More Ways than One

FundieFarmer

6 hours ago, Howl said:

RC did so many vile things, but one of the more vile things was his mandate to drink  drink drink.  If you were already a budding alcoholic or trying to be sober, you didn't stand a chance in his flock.

True. Add to that any man who wasn't already secure in his masculinity didn't stand a chance either. RC Sproul  Jr and his boozing buddy Pastor Laurence Windham taught that heavy drinking and even getting behind the wheel intoxicated was manly. They lived it out by personal example and the male members of their cult were expected to follow their example.

DT and his beautiful wife were good people before they came to St. Peter. But DT came with his weaknesses and vulnerabilities. For one there's his weakness for liquor.

RC and Laurence also have some really weird ideas of "manliness." Drinking lots of beer and whiskey is "manly." There are even certain foods that they call "man food" and certain movies that they call "man movies." If you want to be a "real man" at St. Peter you have to do certain "man things," and drinking a lot of booze is one of them. If you don't want to drink you're not a real man. So for any men who come to St. Peter who already suffer from any insecurities in their manhood they're likely to be terribly vulnerable to all the "be a man" talk. DT was one of those insecure guys. Worse yet DT came to St. Peter with a lack of self control for booze.

DT's story reads a lot like the story of the young man you mentioned above (whose initials are MC). For MC and DT joining St. Peter was like pouring gasoline on a fire. Like DT, MC routinely drives "under the influence," RC and Laurence know it and they don't care. Little wonder. They too have been known to get behind the wheel after having had too much to drink.

https://rc-sproul-jr.blogspot.com/2005/12/party-on-or-you-might-cause-rc-sproul.html

Other manly things include physical abuse. RC Jr spanked his wife. Laurence Windham slaps and punches his wife.  It's a safe assumption they're more likely to get abusive when they're drunk. Being good pastor wives the women keep their mouths shut about it. Or maybe they're just too intimidated.

As dislikeable a person as Lisa Sproul is I think we can all agree that it's far better that Spanky remain sober. I fear for her well being should he take up the bottle again.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what's up with this? Darby seems to have some kind of personal problem with Washer. Or am I reading it wrong? 

In the talks by Paul Washer I've been made to listen to, he usually sounds like he's about to burst into tears.  So I kinda understand her sentiment.

All hail the new fundie queen of vague booking, sub tweeting, and general passive aggression. I'm serious, girl is bringing the drama and I'm here for it. Stir the pot, Darby. At least it might be distracting her from harrassing women trying to access basic health care and selling frumpy junk from goodwill online.

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

All hail the new fundie queen of vague booking, sub tweeting, and general passive aggression. I'm serious, girl is bringing the drama and I'm here for it. Stir the pot, Darby. At least it might be distracting her from harrassing women trying to access basic health care and selling frumpy junk from goodwill online.

No, no, no, not time for coffee, time for me to go to bed.  I read this all wrong! ? I thought you were speaking of Lisa and quoting her on what she was saying about Darby!  I was so ? I even went to look up the tweet...I was shocked Lisa was being so rude about Darby selling clothes on line.....never mind....as you were! ;)  

11 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I don't think she's even necessarily stirring, she's just very sarcastic :D 

As an attendee of the same church as Darby, I can say we are all sick of her drama. She came in as a superstar and has lost her spotlight with her foul mouth,  gossip,  and slanderous tales.  I know the real story behind her separation of her father, siblings, and the undeniable  hatred of her new step-mother.  She can’t stay out of the doghouse and was banned. Her gossip led several men from our church/denomination to seek a visit with her father- all looking for Darby’s justifiable complaints. None existed. Darby and the older siblings have sought to destroy their fathers new marriage with a vengeance and they’ve all been banned. The Stouffer family has their hands full with her. Believe me- she stops at nothing and has even asked me and several others to stalk Lisa’s pages on FB, Instagram, and Twitter and say discrediting comments. The rivalry is all inward. The jealousy causes more fueled hatred and this family is about to gain horrible exposure according to our pastor.  This really is a nightmare.

“This family is about to gain horrible exposure according to our pastor.”

Hmmm. Some scandal about to break loose or come to light?

ETA: member “241” joined January 6.

...of course, I tend to pre-judge Spanky and those who defend him because of the immense damage his teachings did to us.

6 minutes ago, refugee said:

Hmmm. Some scandal about to break loose or come to light?

Probably just Lisa @Schmoopy making a return visit to FJ.

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Probably just Lisa @Schmoopy making a return visit to FJ.

Is there some confluence of astrological events going on? We have so much wackiness going on in so many different threads that I can't keep track! 

We need to start a FJ club for people who join specifically to beef about Sproul Jr.'s weird wife! This is, what, the fourth one?

Is there some confluence of astrological events going on? We have so much wackiness going on in so many different threads that I can't keep track! 

Welcome to my hell. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Welcome to my hell. Lol.

Well, you did say you got sucked into Diablo III. That sounds hell-adjacent-ish. ;)

1 hour ago, 241 said:

As an attendee of the same church as Darby, I can say we are all sick of her drama.

"Schmoopy" -- is that you?

1 hour ago, 241 said:

As an attendee of the same church as Darby, ... <gossip and bs cut>  She can’t stay out of the doghouse and was banned. <bla bla bla Lisa gaslighting> This really is a nightmare.

I could be wrong but this sounds like whining (or Whingeing for our friends across the lake) from @Schmoopy aka Lisa "first lady" wannabe Sproul.  So since Lisa came to visit, a little free advice:You are a grown ass woman jealous of your predecessor and her kids.  If you went to anyone in (what denomination?) you would handle this in house.  But then again you and Spanky are answer and church shopping until you hear what you want to hear and ignoring the advice and counsel of elders and presbyteries.....  

Damnit you guys just gave me a new rabbithole. I never followed Spanky before, but this drama looks too juicy to pass up. 

I have laundry I need to do for the week!

21 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Damnit you guys just gave me a new rabbithole. I never followed Spanky before, but this drama looks too juicy to pass up. 

I have laundry I need to do for the week!

Enjoy! Don’t miss the wayward son part! (who often seemed to get rescued from various scrapes over the years by his dad, RC Sproul)

I think there are still archived web pages about his wild youth, for example.

Just for convenience, here's one I remember reading back when he was arrested for DUI with minors in the car. Or maybe it was when it came out that his name was on the Ashley Madison list.

Spinderella Sproul

I have no idea who the author is, but I can testify to the fact that Sproul Jr. was a minor celebrity in the patriarchal homeschool crowd who celebrated drinking alcohol as a manly pursuit and taught that pastors/elders had absolute authority over anyone who had the misfortune to be sucked into their churches, and fathers had absolute authority over everyone in their household.

Marion is right. Sproul kids on the loose on FJ with their mates. The devotion to rebellion will kill you and our church.  Don’t you even care? This is so sad. How many elders have to warn you- Darby, Chris,Campbell, Hannah, JT, Dee, EC? 

Marion is right. Sproul kids on the loose on FJ with their mates. The devotion to rebellion will kill you and our church.  Don’t you even care? This is so sad. How many elders have to warn you- Darby, Chris,Campbell, Hannah, JT, Dee, EC? 

What in the world are you on about?

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

We're having trouble keeping up.  Things sort of settle and then two more pop up.

3 minutes ago, 241 said:

Lisa Lisa Lisa drugs are bad mmmkay.....

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived