IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 2: WTF is Happening, In More Ways than One

FundieFarmer

22 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Darby says, "This is fine, this is good." I see no sarcasm or meanness in that. But dad is now baptist is obviously sarcasm, but not mean sarcasm. Unfortunately it went completely over Lisa's head. For all her facebooking about love, grace, forgiveness, acceptance, etc. Darby's step-mom seems very quick to take offense where none was intended. It also appears Lisa is attempting to drive a wedge between Darby and her dad.

So what does Darby intend? I think it's pretty obvious. I take it as a clever double entendre. "Tea today" as in today's gossip, along with a nod to tea totaling/sobriety, which is what her father has been compelled to conform to. No doubt Darby sees the irony in this, and irony which is completely lost on Lisa.

Sproul the Junior has mocked tea totalers and abstainers for the entirely of Darby's childhood and youth (the comments to that blog post are also insightful). No doubt that's left a huge impression on Darby and her siblings, but hopefully not to their personal detriment. Sproul has often boasted about the chief  benefit of being Presbyterian, "We're not Baptists. We're Presbyerians, so we smoke and we drink." For decades he's mocked Baptists because Baptists are often equated with tea totalers. Anyone whose been a part of an SBC church, not to mention a great many independent Baptist churches, knows one has to be very careful about the consumption of alcohol, and especially public consumption. "Avoid the very appearance of evil" and all that. However, it's an open secret that a great many Baptists consume alcohol. They just do it in the privacy of their homes. They also go to great pains hiding their booze stash and will even drive many miles out of town to patronize an obscure liquor store rather than run the risk of being seen making booze purchases locally.

So for Darby to say "even my own father is now Baptist" is to say dad is a tea totaler. If this is true then I think we can all agree with her that "This is fine, this is good."

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, seraaa said:

Absolutely fair enough call-out, tbh. 

I rather appreciate her clarification.  Since I don't know her at all I had no clue what her intended tone was, so I couldn't begin to guess what she was actually saying.

Especially since it's not really any of my business.

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Well here you go:  http://acu-usa.com/

"Reformed Baptist."

But not her Dad.

Thank you!  I got sidetracked a couple of times going down the list on the "about" page, I never made it to the last one. :D  Now I know.  According to his former church, Grace Family Baptist Church, they subscribe to "TULIP" which are the 5 points of Calvinism, which of course subscribes to infant baptism....which do not agree with Reformed Baptist....so.....it appears to be a changing theological position, maybe?

I had a feeling I might be.....and I was.....in the same room/theatre with Splisa. Based on recent FB post photos, I must have sat uncomfortably close to them in Ft. Wayne at Getty's "SING!", an Irish Christmas. Glad I didn't spot them, but they wouldn't have ruined my evening anyway because they can't. 

On 12/28/2018 at 11:49 PM, DomWackTroll said:

See, I didn't read that tweet as being hostile to FJ. One might even argue that she threw us a "dainty morsel" (BRADRICK!) by pointedly excluding Spanky. 

That's exactly how I read that tweet, too.  I also want to say, I didn't take it for one minute that she didn't love her siblings, but rather, the opposite.  The words she stated:  

"Darby Stouffer‏ @DarbyStouffer Nov 25

The fact that I use my best social media wizardry and shenanigans just to be able to see photos of my siblings is pretty sad."

makes me believe she loves her siblings very much.  I wondered more if her theological position was one of "Presbyterian" being superior to the others....I'm glad that's not the case. 

All of these people are completely full of themselves -- every one of them.  Darby is insufferably smug, Lisa is batshit crazy and suffers delusions of grandeur, and RC Jr. is such a terrible person that he's a perfect example to use when expressing concern over being unsure of parenting children, because ultimately... there are no guarantees, and they could grow up to be that vile. 

13 minutes ago, Pianokeeper said:

Lisa is batshit crazy and suffers delusions of grandeur

Excuse me, but I think you mean THE FIRST LADY OF THE SPROUL HOME. ?

1 hour ago, Pianokeeper said:

All of these people are completely full of themselves -- every one of them.  Darby is insufferably smug, Lisa is batshit crazy and suffers delusions of grandeur, and RC Jr. is such a terrible person that he's a perfect example to use when expressing concern over being unsure of parenting children, because ultimately... there are no guarantees, and they could grow up to be that vile. 

Well said. The certain manifestations of superiority in each of them are like many fathers, mothers, and daughters (I know Lisa is merely wife #2 who is crazy enough to marry that horrendous asshole) who are Reformed Presbyterian/Baptists. Also, Sprouls and the like, please note that the only difference between Reformed Presbs and Baptists is that the former likes to drink too much and latter likes to eat too much. You all share the same insufferable bullshit theology. 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Spanky gets into it with his sister Sherrie and nephew Ryan: 

So, the Bible says the two are one flesh but only the husbands are allowed to protect that unity and bond? Seems like it should be a team effort. Conveniently, I suppose if the First Lady fucks up it can be pinned on RC Jr for not “protecting” their unity. That man is probably never sober enough to protect anything.

10 hours ago, jojo said:

I had a feeling I might be.....and I was.....in the same room/theatre with Splisa. Based on recent FB post photos, I must have sat uncomfortably close to them in Ft. Wayne at Getty's "SING!", an Irish Christmas. Glad I didn't spot them, but they wouldn't have ruined my evening anyway because they can't. 

I w your noted to go to that so bad but I'm in Tennessee with my mom.

Sherrie's husband joins in on the Facebook thread: 

Dennis Dorotiak RC-Lisa Sproul I don’t believe in limiting or deleting my words especially when my words were truthful and with the intent to defend and protect the honor of my wife’s integrity and her nieces and nephew.

RC-Lisa Sproul You’re words were deleted because they bring shame upon you, but since you insist on not limiting your words we will allow you to keep posting.

18 hours ago, Pianokeeper said:
All of these people are completely full of themselves -- every one of them. 

From all appearances, Lisa "First Lady" Sproul is a right bitch & seems to be doing her best to alienate any family member who disagrees with or stands up to her.

Nonetheless, what @Pianokeeper said is absolutely true. Darby has actually gone private on social media at least 2-3 times only to return . She canʻt stay away.

Spanky is just the same. IIRC, his only lengthy absences were enforced ones, due to lʻaffaire Ashley Madison and then his drunken driving charges. Otherwise, he likes nothing better than to pontificate on Twitter or, apparently, taunt his family on Facebook. What an asshat -- so maybe itʻs not surprising that he married someone like Lisa.

20 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Free Jinger doesn't allow anybody to post content from private social media accounts, everything on here is from public sources. So there's nobody "who read FJ as an opportunity to view my social media". Well, IF she hasn't banned anyone from reading her tweets, in that case it would be different of course...

Any bets on who can't read her tweets?

That's what I assumed she meant- people who can't contact her directly on her social media

Well, looks like Darby told US off. /sarcasm/

Too bad her ideas of nuanced public and private interactions donʻt extend to the people she & her co-religionists torment at Planned Parenthood clinics. Then again, it's so oh-so-Christian and pro-life to harass PP clients but when FJ snarks on her PUBLIC social media feeds, itʻs persecution and just so.unfair. 

For some history on her online activities, check out this older FJ discussion and others in that archive.

22 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

From all appearances, Lisa "First Lady" Sproul is a right bitch & seems to be doing her best to alienate any family member who disagrees with or stands up to her.

Agreed. Could it be he's getting a taste of his own medicine? Sowing seeds of family discord, division and alienation is something RC Sproul Jr perpetrated many times against other families. RC Jr is a spiritual bully and tyrant with a Napoleon complex. Spiritual abuse was one of the primary reasons he was defrocked in 2006. But getting defrocked didn't slow him down and he refused to step down as "pastor." Getting defrocked only made him meaner and the atmosphere in his church only got scarier. He stepped up his pace of "church discipline," excommunicating and ordering entire families to be shunned, including small children for the "sins" of their parents. My read of those "sins" is they were petty transgressions like refusing to believe each and every one of his pet doctrines. For example he taught that parents who didn't home school their children should be brought under "church discipline." Challenging him was impermissible and met with threats of harsh consequences. Those who failed to follow his shunning orders, including failing to shun their close personal friends, were threatened with excommunication and shunning themselves. Even years before his defrocking his St. Peter Presbyterian Church had become characterized around SE Virginia as "a cult" and he was commonly referred to a "a cult leader." The riskiest thing a St. Peter member could do is go to him for counseling, or share something in confidence with him, like maybe some private family struggle. He was likely to then use that against them and start whispering campaigns to divide them from their friends and family. He broke apart many friendships and multiple families, turning friend against friend, husbands against wives, wives against husbands, children against parents and parents against children. He even meddled in people's businesses, turning employer against employee. For all his talk about grace, mercy, compassion, kindness, humility and forgiveness he's practiced exactly the opposite. RC Sproul Jr is a professional relationship saboteur. For all his talk about "Christian brotherhood" and "family values" he's actually divided many friends and families. Now it seems his hyper-religious saccharine "First Lady" is facilitating the discord and division of his own family. But it's all in the love of Jesus, don't ya know! Seems like some sort of karma thing.

On 12/30/2018 at 1:59 AM, DomWackTroll said:

RC-Lisa Sproul You’re words were deleted because they bring shame upon you,

The sheer irony!

Lisa has really been obnoxious with the subtweets that are obviously targeted at Darby in the past few days. Yeah, I know... Darby's no prize herself. But I still dislike Lisa a LOT more than Darby.

If Lisa wants to go to Denise and Shannon's graves, whatever. Her business. But to be so ostentatious and appropriative about it mere days after a public dust-up with Denise's daughter? Aside from being purposefully cruel, it's just tacky as all hell. 

And Spanky? He just retweets approvingly. I would be heartbroken if my father did this. 

For posterity's sake, here's a screenshot of the comments on that tweet DWT quoted above, before Lisa hits "Delete:"

Telling off that bitch Lisa Sproul.png

ETA: Aaaand, here comes Spanky!

1932739480_SpankyResponds.png.0b185ace7dfe8bb84c04352a3372c225.png

Hard to say who's a bigger asshole -- Spanky or the the Sproul First Lady.

Tell you what: if Spanks ever laid a hand on Lisa as punishment (as he’s reported to have done to his late wife), I bet the first time was the last time. Look at her expression! The First Lady Of Sprouldom don’t play. 

59 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

For posterity's sake, here's a screenshot of the comments on that tweet DWT quoted above, before Lisa hits "Delete:"

Telling off that bitch Lisa Sproul.png

ETA: Aaaand, here comes Spanky!

1932739480_SpankyResponds.png.0b185ace7dfe8bb84c04352a3372c225.png

Hard to say who's a bigger asshole -- Spanky or the the Sproul First Lady.

1) That was me and 2) I have had that account since July, so it was not made just to respond. It is stated right there so Spanky either cannot read well or is drunk off his ass. 

7 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Lisa has really been obnoxious with the subtweets that are obviously targeted at Darby in the past few days. Yeah, I know... Darby's no prize herself. But I still dislike Lisa a LOT more than Darby. 

https://twitter.com/lisacsproul/status/1080455391845253122

https://twitter.com/lisacsproul/status/1080245373803872257

If Lisa wants to go to Denise and Shannon's graves, whatever. Her business. But to be so ostentatious and appropriative about it mere days after a public dust-up with Denise's daughter? Aside from being purposefully cruel, it's just tacky as all hell. 

And Spanky? He just retweets approvingly. I would be heartbroken if my father did this. 

I do appreciate Darby's snark levels.

This pettiness is not a good look from them. It's not nice.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:33 AM, Banyan said:

RC Sproul Jr is a professional relationship saboteur. For all his talk about "Christian brotherhood" and "family values" he's actually divided many friends and families.

RC did so many vile things, but one of the more vile things was his mandate to drink  drink drink.  If you were already a budding alcoholic or trying to be sober, you didn't stand a chance in his flock.

But using things told in confidence during counseling against people is a special kind of evil violation of the human spirit. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived