IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 6: Sitting in a tree...M.A.R.R.I.E.D!

samurai_sarah

37 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'd love to see Greece. I wonder if they picked that or if TLC picked it for them?

Maybe JoKen picked it so they could learn more about the Greek gods. lol

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took my almost 2-year old to Disney this year.  It wasn't that bad, but my husband and I are Disney parks nuts and out wasn't our once-in-a-lifetime trip or anything.  I wouldn't recommend it if going to WDW is something you'll only be able to do once or rarely in your life. 

We tried to prepare her for characters by showing her videos of meet-and-greets but... it didn't work. Learn from my rookie mistake - DON'T plan any character meals until you know how your child will react... 

We stayed offsite in a two bedroom suite at an offsite hotel. It was more like a condo and it was amazing.  We spent our mornings through lunch at the parks then went back to our suite (which was still way cheaper than staying at Disney), and put our daughter down for our nap.  Because she had her own bedroom, the husband and I were able to hang out in the living room, talking and watching TV while she napped. It was the best. 

Greece seems like it would be an awesome place to visit! Are they still on their honeymoon though?? It's been 3 weeks since the wedding. Maybe they waited until later to post the photo...

I really hope these two are actually learning something about Greek history and the ancient civilizations while they're there. It seems like a waste to travel to such a place and not actually learn anything.

My new gf is from Greece. Crete. Her uncle owns a well known restaurant and hotel. She wants us to go there someday.

2 hours ago, Sherresed said:

How many guest houses do the duggar's have?

There are two "units" in the warehouse on the main property- the room where Ben stayed while courting Jessa and a guest unit that includes a kitchen, living area and it looks like a couple of bedrooms (this was where Joe and Kendra make the cookies and there have been pictures of Anna's family staying there). There's also the pool house where Jill and Derick had been staying when they were home from Central America but that was sold to Grandma Duggar in June. They also have lots of rental units.

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

She wants us to go there someday.

I hope "us" includes me. lol

I assume that the honeymoons are somehow related to tourism deals with the countries they visit. I just can't imagine that sweet, but basic Joe would have a strong interest in Greece.  Paris seemed like an odd choice for Ben and Jessa given the 'worldliness" of Paris.  Israel for Joy and Austin makes sense.  Oh well, anytime away from TTH is a time when a small iota of an idea or an impression of thought may plant a seed.

I was not expecting Greece. 

I would also be interested to see how this food tour went for them. I can't imagine either of them loving greek food. At least in Australia and Europe the other couples were probably able to get more "western style" (not quite sure how to say that without sounding offensive...) food. Although it's possible that Joe and Kendra are just more adventurous eaters and ready for a break from tater tots. 

Now I really want tzatziki  (I don't eat a lot of Greek food, but tzatziki and pita I could eat by the barrel)

I hope JoKen enjoys all the naked marble statues and ancient heathen temples.

Don't forget the old Greek men in tiny speedos.

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

I would pay to see the look on their face when encountering those locals :dramallama-nanner:

Joe seems pretty happy to do what Kendra wants to do. Perhaps she has always wanted to go to Greece. It would be a shame if TLC just told them where they were going and they had no input. Maybe they were given several options and had to choose from those.

I can see Ben choosing Paris for the honeymoon. Jessa made all the decisions for the wedding so the Honeymoon was his department. He was such a romantic, I imagine Ben purposely chose Paris because it's the City of Love. Did TLC show much of Benessa's honeymoon? I don't remember it. 

I remember Anna's awkward tour of their beach house and bedrooms, and the sleep over at the aquarium. I remember Jinger and Jeremy's cooking lesson in Australia. Where did Jill and Derek go? I saw photos from Austin and Joy's. Was it covered on the show? Guess I've been hit or miss on the show the past couple years...

57 minutes ago, Markie said:

Where did Jill and Derek go? I saw photos from Austin and Joy's. Was it covered on the show? Guess I've been hit or miss on the show the past couple years...

Jill and Derick had their honeymoon on the coast of North Carolina. I don't remember seeing it on the show but I don't think I really started following them until sometime between Jill and Jessa's weddings so I may have just missed it.

I wonder if TLC are trying to market them as a "Foodie" couple.......

Making oatmeal cookies........ going on a food tour.......... 

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it seems to be a theme ;) 

6 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

I wonder if TLC are trying to market them as a "Foodie" couple.......

Probably. Testing the waters, so to speak, to see if there's any interest in JoKen for future spinoffs:

19 Cookies and Counting (starring JoKen)

19 Sons and Counting (Benessa)

19 Flipped Houses and Counting (Jostin)

19 Redemption Kids and Counting (Joshley/Anna)

19 Pairs of Shorts and Counting (JinJer)

19 Obnoxious Tweets and Counting (JillDer)

I always figured TLC chose the honeymoon destinations, or maybe gave the couple a small list to choose from. 

2 hours ago, Markie said:

I saw photos from Austin and Joy's. Was it covered on the show? Guess I've been hit or miss on the show the past couple years...

Since the show is on Duggar Time, we still haven't seen Joystin's honeymoon. Nope. She just bought her dress, and this week is their bachelor camping trip. We get to see Joy waxing sentimental about how her and Austin 'soon wont have to go back to their own tents'. In real time she's preggers, and there has been all kinds of speculation about the size of her baby bump.

I guess we see the wedding (again) the following week, followed by Joken's full wedding episode, followed by some Joystin honeymoon stuff, Joken's filler wedding prep, Joystin discovering they're pregnant, and likely a speshul announcement from JoKen.

17 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I guess we see the wedding (again) the following week, followed by Joken's full wedding episode, followed by some Joystin honeymoon stuff, Joken's filler wedding prep, Joystin discovering they're pregnant, and likely a speshul announcement from JoKen.

I know you are probably right, but PLEASE NO! :8U:

Joy and Austin had a real mega-honeymoon: first Colorado, then Switzerland, AND then Israel. Or did they come back home before Israel? Anyway, must be nice to not have to go to work and pay everything yourself. No, I'm not bitter or anything, absolutely not...

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I always figured TLC chose the honeymoon destinations, or maybe gave the couple a small list to choose from. 

Maybe. Or they just buy whichever TravelZoo deal is available on 3-months' notice and send them there? haha

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Jill and Derick had their honeymoon on the coast of North Carolina. I don't remember seeing it on the show but I don't think I really started following them until sometime between Jill and Jessa's weddings so I may have just missed it.

They honeymooned about a week in Kill Devil Hills, NC. It wasn't filmed for the show. I used to think that was at the Dill's request, but thinking about it it was likely a TLC decision. They had already paid for Jill and JimBob to fly to Nepal to meet Derick in person, so that was their international trip.

Same with the whole "I can't cook" storyline each Duggar daughter has. Jessa, Jinger, and Joy were all shown learning their guy's favorite recipe from his family members prior to marriage, but that wasn't possible for Jill because of the tight timeline for their relationship and the fact that Derick's mom was battling cancer. So, instead, Jill got an episode where Jana helped her cook a Nepalese dish Derick loves and was shown "struggling" to make rice - just like Jessa made chicken parm and once "forgot" to remove the manual before turning on the oven, Jinger made pasta and didn't "know" the names of specific pasta shapes, and Joy made some sort of dessert and likely acted like she didn't know something as well. 

@LurkerOverThePondJoStin came home before heading to Israel because they needed to film the After Show special bullshit thing. Israel also wasn't part of their official honeymoon - it was a mission type trip - and wasn't filmed for the show. Only Switzerland was filmed. 

Paul spent a lot of time in Greece - perhaps they will take in New Testament locations.  Lots of sites named in Paul's letters.

11 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Paul spent a lot of time in Greece - perhaps they will take in New Testament locations.  Lots of sites named in Paul's letters.

I didn't think about that but it would make a lot of sense. I had church friends visit Turkey and did the same type of thing. 

On an only slightly related note (So I apologize for the drift). I've decided that Kendra's giggling actually endears me to her a bit. It makes her seem more real and I wonder if some of it might be nerves from the cameras. I'm shy and i ramble and say dumb things when I'm nervous. Maybe she giggles when she's nervous or uncomfortable. 

On 10/1/2017 at 2:41 AM, Jinder Roles said:

I hope JoKen enjoys all the naked marble statues and ancient heathen temples.

A Very “Nike!” Honeymoon.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived