IGNORED

Dillards 40: Majoring in Grifting

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Last time I could find the comments. Now it says 0 comments.  Is he deleting?

I'm seeing three negative comments now. If I had Facebook there would be a fourth. Dwrek is just an utter twit.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yrs, but guys, this transcends time and space. Maybe he's going in the TARDIS, and he'll get lost on some faraway planet.

I also saw 3 negatives and no positives.

I was just scrolling through IG and saw Jill posted a pic of Derick making steaks with the hashtags #athomedate #morebangforyourbuck. I really wanted to post "who's buck are you referring to, daddys or your donors?". 

I didn't even see the new tweet till I came in here. LOL. 

Don't want to beat a dying horse here but my parents grew up with the "pox party" mentality. It was never meant to cause suffering or think it was fun to watch kids get sick, but it was with the information and treatments they had at the time, seen to be the best solution. 

8 hours ago, calimojo said:

Another reason for Chicken Pox parties back in the day had to do with practicality.  The incubation period for is about 10-20 days.  A family with multiple kids could end up with chicken pox in the house for months at a time if each kid was exposed separately.  So many families would opt to expose the remainder of the kids all at once, so that everyone would get it and get over it in the same general time period.  

This. Back in the 60s my oldest sibling brought chicken pox home from school. There were 4 of us kids and I was a year old at the time. Mom tried to keep us separated but we all ended up with it and it took forever since we had it one at a time. I was the last to get it. By then my oldest sibling had brought mumps home from school and he passed it to me first this time. So I had chicken pox and mumps at the same time and was apparently one sick baby. It would have probably been easier on my poor mom to have all of us be sick with the pox at the same time to give her a chance to rest before having to nurse us through mumps.

6 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I also read in the paper this morning that 140 hikers are trapped between two fires, one that's been burning since July and one that started yesterday afternoon, on a well-traveled trail in the Gorge, which my friends and I have hiked.

We were just in this area this morning.  The Eagle Creek area and town of Cascade Locks, Oregon, were being evacuated.  We were planning to hike on the other (Washington) side of the river, but opted for a couple short walks and lunch.  Hikers were coming into the restaurant from off the Pacific Crest Trail, etc., and also being transported to other areas to be reunited with family, etc., to depart the area.  The smoke and ash were becoming overwhelming, so we skedaddled.  We were on the Washington side, and the billowing smoke was scary rising in the distance.  We need rain, but none in sight and the temperature is climbing again.  My thoughts are with the firefighters and other responders.  The 140 hikers are reportedly safe.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming - Derick needs to quit asking for money and earn his keep.  Grifting is irritating and embarrassing (see, i.e., John Shrader).  Use your training and talents for good, Derick.

2 hours ago, Season of life... said:

I love how Jill posted a photo of Derick cooking them a steak dinner. Nothing wrong with treating yourself, but when you are begging for funds from strangers on the internet, it may look better to grill some chicken or hamburgers instead, just saying. I guess they can afford the steak since other folks are going to be paying for his "personal development" in the coming year. #morebangforyourbuck indeed, Derick.

Honest to Pete--what an a-hole.

Lots of people commenting about the steak.  You can see the price on the package and it looks like it may have cost 24 dollars.  The package says $12 a piece and there are 2 steaks in the package.  It could also mean it is 12 per package, but even that is a lot of money for many people and doesn't look good when you are begging for  donations.

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Thank you for mentioning the Oregon fires. Last year, I vacationed in an area that is currently burning and evacuated. This year, fires were within about 6 miles of where we camped, and significantly altered our hiking plans. (We had a lot of other options, but I'm really concerned about those fighting the fires, those whose health is affected by poor air quality, and those who have had to evacuate, and those who have lost homes. I mentioned the hiking because that made it personal to me.)  I also read in the paper this morning that 140 hikers are trapped between two fires, one that's been burning since July and one that started yesterday afternoon, on a well-traveled trail in the Gorge, which my friends and I have hiked. It's really awful and scary here. 

Sorry to distract from discussion of Derdicks idiocy but i wanted to comment on this. Ive been in Oregon all my life and there are only a couple times I remember having this much smoke. Even on the coast and in the valley- relatively far from the actual fires the towns are getting smoked in to the point that its a health hazard to go outside. Where im at its like pea soup fog except its not even a cloudy day. But on the plus side though the sun was blood red today

I'm really glad he went on a camping retreat to "hang out" and get to know people, over getting to know people with real missionary work helping post disaster. Harvey is in full blown clean up, all hands deck on stage, churches back home have been bussing out supplies and able bodied folk, despite a gas shortage. Even if the drive was too far, collect and sort donations for any of the various needs going on, you can experience fellowship in the simplest of tasks. Not just over campfires and lawn games.

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 19.55.31.png

Derelict originally posted that IG pic with the license plate out in full view. I seriously question his brain wattage, because that's about the dumbest thing one can do. 

eta: Not to mention, someone could have hit up the DMV and found out the car wasn't even in the Dillards' names but rather JB's. 

He's getting jumped on in the Instagram comments too. I hope TLC notices how universally loathed the dullards - esp Dwrek seem to be. I also notice that the likes on his post jumped from less than 30 to more than 1500 in the course of a couple of minutes. Methinks someone is buying likes. If so, what a wonderful use for a self proclaimed missionary's money.

I'm sorry, but this is pathetic. This is a grown man with a dependent wife and two very young children attempting to relive his college glory days. 

I'm totally in favour of people going back to school, but not for this bullshit. Not when you already have a degree that could land you a really decent job, and a wife and kids at home to support, and (this is really the sticking point) you have to ask people for $6500!! to do it! To do something utterly pointless. It's not like he's realized his true calling and he's getting his M.Div. or something. Based on his description he's begging for thousands of dollars so he can go on trips and just... be a Christian? for a year.

Derick. You already got to have your college experience. You already got to travel and live overseas as a single man. Those were both privileges that the majority of people on this earth are not blessed enough to partake in. You chose to marry relatively young, and to marry a Duggar, and to embrace her family's effed-up fundamentalist quiverfull ideology. You could have chosen differently. You didn't, and now it's too late. Your wife and your sons are now your priority. The Pistol Pete days are gone, bud.

It's like the guy's having a midlife crisis at the age of 28.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm sorry, but this is pathetic. This is a grown man with a dependent wife and two very young children attempting to relive his college glory days. 

I'm totally in favour of people going back to school, but not for this bullshit. Not when you already have a degree that could land you a really decent job, and a wife and kids at home to support, and (this is really the sticking point) you have to ask people for $6500!! to do it! To do something utterly pointless. It's not like he's realized his true calling and he's getting his M.Div. or something. Based on his description he's begging for thousands of dollars so he can go on trips and just... be a Christian? for a year.

Derick. You already got to have your college experience. You already got to travel and live overseas as a single man. Those were both privileges that the majority of people on this earth are not blessed enough to partake in. You chose to marry relatively young, and to marry a Duggar, and to embrace her family's effed-up fundamentalist quiverfull ideology. You could have chosen differently. You didn't, and now it's too late. Your wife and your sons are now your priority. The Pistol Pete days are gone, bud.

It's like the guy's having a midlife crisis at the age of 28.

Spot on- every.last.word.

He had choices and he made his. He now gets to deal with the consequences of the choices that he has made.

Man-up, Derick.

We drove south on 5 from Washington yesterday. The smoke was so thick. We stopped at a rest area and it was hard to breathe. So many disasters.

My sister lives in the British Columbia interior and she was evacuated for 39 days.  These fires are so scary.

Also - don't want to defend Derick, but that package of steak cost $12.  I've never, ever seen a package of meat priced as $12 each, meaning each item in the package so a total of $24.

3 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

That kitchen in the Instagram post looks different - more like student housing. Are they living on a campus? 

Cathy's house?

Oh Derrick. Wow. This is self-gratification masquerading as some kind of martyrdom. "Look at us living in faux-poverty, having to ask for donations to pursue our ministry, so we can save souls". How is everyone supposed to pretend they aren't reality tv stars?

They probably have some twisted rational that it's better to donate to people saving souls than doing humanitarian work-"one is eternal and the other is transient". Have they actually read the bible? 

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Cathy's house?

I don't think so, that kitchen screams apartment living in one form or another. 

In that picture of Derick in Nepal, he looks healthy and happy. Wonder why he used that one instead of a more recent one. Wouldn't people be more impressed if he had a picture of himself preaching in SCA. I jest.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived