IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 30 - On a Mission from GOD!

choralcrusader8613

I imagine it can't be totally by name.  H is adopted and his results showed 0% from where is name is from (which fits based on what we know of his bio family).

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Pretty in depth too. Someone did a lot of reading here!

Hey! In Touch! Focus more on the Bates connection next time. They're just as shady as the Duggars, they just hide it better.

(And please make sure you point out how creepy their opening credits are. Gil flying towards the camera to upbeat music haunts my nightmares...)

15 hours ago, Swamptribe said:

Uh, gee SongRed7, could you please point out where I ever claimed the article was 'real news'?  Thanks...

@Swamptribe.....my apologies I didn't mean to get all huffy...I guess when i see those articles it just sets off something in me.  I'm a journalist by training in real life and when i see what "journalism" has become I go off the deep end.  There are so many real issues to discuss when it comes to Duggars.  So I guess when i see postings of the latest articles by those publications, when we know they aren't true or 99% made up, I don't understand it.  It starts rumors which I've seen perpetuated on other pages (and for the most part NOT FJ which is why I love this site).  

I hope you accept my apology! :-) 

@singsingsing - I was mistake - it was GEDmatch where I uploaded all the DNA results. I'll get everything over to MyHeritage soon. BTW - the GEDmatch site has a bunch of utilities, one of which is an eye color predictor, based on various markers on certain genes. According to their calculations, I should have either blue, grey, or green eyes. Nope. Brown as shit. lol

Hey Josiah,

If Alert is so great, then why aren’t you down in Puerto Rico offering legitimate assistance to your fellow Americans who desperately need it? Could it possibly be that Alert is just a bunch of bullshit and that you’re kind of an ass for continuing to promote it? Just curious.

XOXO (air kisses and side hugs, not the dirty heathen kind),

VelociRapture

32 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

If Alert is so great, then why aren’t you down in Puerto Rico offering legitimate assistance to your fellow Americans who desperately need it?

If Nathan and Lawson Bates can do it, why not the Duggars? Surely they've all had the same kinds of training? 

(notwithstanding other valid reasons as to why they can't go)

I thought I saw on the plane thread that one of their planes went to PR. Hopefully they weren't bringing tracts, but actuall help. Sigh.

I can't believe the gall of a movement that is all about extreme isolation and sheltering their kids having a theme of “Go into All the World”.   I really wish all the Duggars, would have the chance to go out into the world and learn and grow and explore the world and themselves, but it especially feels poignant for Josiah, because he always seemed like he really enjoyed his creativity, and now he's what, only recently allowed an instagram, and working in a car lot?

It weirdly feels like the Duggar daughters have more of a chance of relative freedom than the sons - if the daughters marry, and within the confines of what their headships want of course.  But it feels like Josh messed everything up for his brothers, as they've all been kept on a tight rein since the Ashley Madison scandal.  Lucky for Joe he had that one year away, but it doesn't seem like his younger brothers will be allowed anywhere other than ALERT (and of course not doing anything actually useful with what little "training" they got there).

9 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I thought I saw on the plane thread that one of their planes went to PR. Hopefully they weren't bringing tracts, but actual help. Sigh.

Yes, @halcionne posted it here:

I wonder who went.

I would love to think they're going to PR to help - but if they are, why haven't they been asking their fanbase for donations, especially for useful supplies to take with them?  They do have a lot of fans, and the Dillards haven't been shy about trying to convert that into cold, hard cash; and they have definitely tried to use their fame to deny other people's rights; so why not use it to help out fellow Americans in real need?   Find out what the official relief efforts could use, then raise cash and take a plane-ful of it down, and at the same time, point people to the Hispanic Federation and other official donation drives.

Speaking of DNA tests, I can't remember if I posted this here before. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/lifestyle/she-thought-she-was-irish-until-a-dna-test-opened-a-100-year-old-mystery/?utm_term=.9aa31a784de5

It's fascinating.  Basically a woman does one of the these send away DNA tests and uncovers an unknown family mystery.  

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

Speaking of DNA tests, I can't remember if I posted this here before. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/lifestyle/she-thought-she-was-irish-until-a-dna-test-opened-a-100-year-old-mystery/?utm_term=.9aa31a784de5

It's fascinating.  Basically a woman does one of the these send away DNA tests and uncovers an unknown family mystery.  

I've heard literally hundreds of stories just like this, because I'm active in the DNA adoption community. My grandpa was adopted and we were told that it was essentially impossible to find out who his birth mother was, because records in Quebec are so locked down - finding out his birth father's identity wasn't even thought of. Long story short, DNA testing allowed me to find out the identities of both his biological mother and father, and now that entire branch of our family tree is filled in. 

@singsingsing that's so interesting! Mr. Shrew is adopted, & because he was abandoned he has no clue about his birth family or heritage. I want him to have his DNA tested, so he can at least find out if he has any genetic markers for the medical conditions they test for. He's not interested, though. He has no desire to know anything about his birth family.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

I've heard literally hundreds of stories just like this, because I'm active in the DNA adoption community. My grandpa was adopted and we were told that it was essentially impossible to find out who his birth mother was, because records in Quebec are so locked down - finding out his birth father's identity wasn't even thought of. Long story short, DNA testing allowed me to find out the identities of both his biological mother and father, and now that entire branch of our family tree is filled in. 

My mother's father left the family when my mom was an infant. There was zero communication from/about him - all I knew was his name; but the name I had was a nickname, not his legal name. The AncestryDNA kit I did let me find him (he's dead) and his brother (still alive); it also gave me their entire trees too. So amazing.

My favourite DNA story:  The university study in the NE England to see if they could track who was related to Vikings by their DNA.  They had to stop, because it uncovered far too many family secrets, and people who found their father wasn't actually their blood etc etc

9 hours ago, FeministShrew said:

@singsingsing that's so interesting! Mr. Shrew is adopted, & because he was abandoned he has no clue about his birth family or heritage. I want him to have his DNA tested, so he can at least find out if he has any genetic markers for the medical conditions they test for. He's not interested, though. He has no desire to know anything about his birth family.

Interesting, because I was adopted and I WANTED to find out of what my bio mother told the adoption agency about my background was true. I did both Ancestry and 23 and Me. Results came out pretty much identical. Through Ancestry, I was contacted by a 2nd cousin, and through conversation, found out that her uncle was my bio dad, who was almost wholly Portuguese. He was murdered in a case of mistaken identity when I was about 4. I would have never known him since records are sealed. Bio mother is a different kettle of fish, because she's a Euromutt, mostly Irish and Italian.

Being about 1/4 Italian and half Portuguese, you'd think I'd be dark haired/dark eyed. Nope. Although I tanned easily (when I still did that sort of thing), my default shade is pale as fuck white with green eyes with hair that started off towhead and ended up medium brown. My eyes have actually changed color throughout my life going from blue to gray to green and everything in between. No hazel or brown though. I guess I got all the Euromutt, because no one guesses my background correctly. People think I'm German, and I have absolutely nary a drop of German blood. :D

My grandfather was adopted in the early 1900s. His mother is listed on the birth certificate and she listed a putative father but he always denied paternity. Late last year I finally got a DNA match on the "putative" father's line proving that she was right. 

Johannah's turning 12 and Mackynzie's turning 8. Jana, Jennifer, Laura, Jordyn, DQ and Josie are celebrating with them, no Turd or Anna in sight. Mackynzie and Jordyn are also wearing matching dresses, which is kinda sweet cute.

Those girls look like they've been playing in a field full of chiggers! Their poor itchy legs. :(

And WHY does Josie have her napkin in her collar, like a bib?

Mackynzie doesn't have to wear a cami under HER dress. Guess Anna has relaxed some of the rules?

31 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Those girls look like they've been playing in a field full of chiggers! Their poor itchy legs. :(

And WHY does Josie have her napkin in her collar, like a bib?

Mackynzie doesn't have to wear a cami under HER dress. Guess Anna has relaxed some of the rules?

Ok, I am a bit confused.  What is the reference to their itchy legs?  I can't even see their legs in that picture.

BTW,  I couldn't find the Pennington thread, but I just saw on Facebook that Faith Pennington was in a really bad car accident that resulted in a broken pelvis and broken ribs.  She said it would be 6 weeks before she can walk again.  Did we know about this? 

I hope her horrible mother hasn't somehow convinced her this is a punishment for her sins

I feel so badly for these young girls.   Just on the surface,  they always look a mess.  Wrinkled, ill fitting clothing, with those nasty leggings peeking out.  ( note to the idiots, if you have to put young girls in leggings to keep modest, perhaps your idea of wearing a skirt as modesty wear is, well frankly, stupid)

Their smiles never reach their eyes, and the closer they get to puberty they get that dead look in their eyes.  True, Puberty is tough for most kids, but I think it must just be extra hard in the Duggar world.   The boys at least seemed to be fairly 'happy' children.  The girls just look lost, neglected and disconnected to their biological parents

9 minutes ago, calimojo said:

they always look a mess. 

Agreed. You have to wonder if they actually bathe daily. I'm curious, too, how the family monitors these kids' bath/shower times. 

Their hair never looks clean in photos, and they really look like unmade beds with the way they dress.The whole "leggings under their dresses" is just bizarre. WHY?

And - I'm Southern. I have to say:  Southern girls--from a young age--are taught how to STAND in photos. Feet together, one turned slightly outward - toward the camera. These girls are raising themselves since their sistermoms are gone. Moochelle is hidden, so I can't see if her feet are "right" either. lol

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived