IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 30 - On a Mission from GOD!

choralcrusader8613

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@PumaLoverJust because you mentioned Doggie DNA: :pb_lol:

We considered doing it for our dog. She’s a mutt originally rescued from North Carolina and we know next to nothing about her other than guesses by shelter staff at what kind of mix she is.

This video made me laugh out loud.  My lips are chapped though so laughing made them crack open.  The video was painfully funny.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need some advice from my fellow curly haired people. I have just recently decided to embrace my curly hair instead of straightening it or putting it back in a pony tail. I really honestly have no idea what to do with it. The most I know is to put styling cream in it and just let it air dry. Most of the hair creams marketed towards Caucasian women don’t work for my slightly coarse textured hair. Volume is the very last thing I need. Any advice on styling and products would be much appreciated. 

On 10/4/2017 at 5:46 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Yes, @halcionne posted it here:

I wonder who went.

Has this discussed any more than in these few posts? I'm really curious about what they're up to down there.

12 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Has this discussed any more than in these few posts? I'm really curious about what they're up to down there.

I haven't caught up on Quiver Full of Duggars yet today, but I think we were all just speculating about who might have gone and what they might he doing. IIRC,  Jana's friend Laura had a fund raising web page to go on a mission to Puerto Rico, so there was an assumption that she might be a passenger on that flight.

3 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I need some advice from my fellow curly haired people. I have just recently decided to embrace my curly hair instead of straightening it or putting it back in a pony tail. I really honestly have no idea what to do with it. The most I know is to put styling cream in it and just let it air dry. Most of the hair creams marketed towards Caucasian women don’t work for my slightly coarse textured hair. Volume is the very last thing I need. Any advice on styling and products would be much appreciated. 

I have curly hair (3A). When I wear it curly, my routine is simply condition (rarely shampoo - maybe once a week if I feel gross), wrap in a t-shirt (NOT a towel) until the drips are mostly gone, add curl-enhancing gel (either Deva or Garnier Fructis - this is important - you have to find what works for YOU... some don't work for me at all. Lots of trial and error), smooth through the hair and let air dry. And for god's sake, whatever you do - don't touch it! lol

I don't need volume either. This works well (my hair is past my shoulders with a couple of long layers - mostly one length) for me, without adding volume. I have so.much.hair.

My hair is also slightly coarse. I tried some Carol's Daughter stuff (one of my dear friends suggested it on one of my particularly frizzy days because she uses it) and it did work great, but it was a bit too 'heavy' for my hair, after all. :( My friend's hair is 4A.

4 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

My hair is 3a as well, though it's long so it lives in a ponytail, braid, or bun most of the time. It's thick but fine, so I'm not totally sure how much of this will be helpful to you, but here goes. My scalp gets gross pretty easily, so I wash every 2-3 days with a very gentle shampoo or a cleansing conditioner. Then I finger detangle in the shower with massive amounts of whatever cheap conditioner is around. I follow up with a leave-in conditioner to add extra moisture and a gel to cut down on the frizz. At the end I scrunch my hair (like grab my hair starting at the ends, squish it all together, and let go) to let it re-form its shape. I don't try for volume because I have enough of that already.

This is the best I've been able to do so far. My hair doesn't always listen no matter what I do, but I'm sure you can relate.

ETA: Ah yes, and I always air dry.

Johnson's No More Tangles mixed with water (1/3 detangler, 2/3 water) in a seperate spray bottle and a GOOD wet/dry brush for out of the shower. And L'Oreal smoothing serum after straightening or heat drying. 

Not sure if I'm allowed to comment on this but Johannah is really growing into a beautiful young woman. I guess I'm so used to watching old episodes where the kids are in the middle of puberty or simply babies but wow she is really growing up. I guess the time lapse is that she isn't pushed on the tv show. Hopefully in a few years she'll have more room to make choices like wearing pants and no one bats an eye.

:anyone:

“We know the lord has great plans for your future.”  That would be a beautiful sentiment from any other set of parents, but you know JB and Michelle can only envision one future for their daughters.

Being picky here, but they don't KNOW the Lord has great plans for her future. They hope/trust that he does. Although, this is the Duggars. Maybe He sent them an email? Ok, I'll go away now.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Being picky here, but they don't KNOW the Lord has great plans for her future. They hope/trust that he does. Although, this is the Duggars. Maybe He sent them an email? Ok, I'll go away now.

To be fair, this is a common Christian belief, based on many verses including Jeremiah 29:11... For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future, and Romans 8:28....and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I ascribe to this myself. Without this becoming a sermon, I see "great plans" meaning more that God promises to be with us in all circumstances than that specific pre-ordained things will be accomplished.

I'm not trying to preach and I understand that others don't hold this belief. I'm merely saying that, for me, this comment about great plans is fairly mainstream and not particularly snark-worthy. :my_shy:

On 12/10/2017 at 7:03 AM, llg1234 said:

Another loving and heartfelt birthday message from the Duggars to one of their children. 

They all sound and look the same.

I think Hannie is really starting to look like a combo of Joy and Jessa. Which is lovely because for awhile she really looked like Turd. 

13 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

I think Hannie is really starting to look like a combo of Joy and Jessa. Which is lovely because for awhile she really looked like Turd. 

I agree. To me, she's a mini-Joy right now. 

I can't believe she's 12, actually I can't believe that most of the "younger" Duggars are the ages that they are. Most of the ones younger than Joy have sort of stayed at there pre scandal ages in my mind (terrible but true) she is beautiful though and I definitely see some of Joy in her. 

http://5newsonline.com/2017/10/12/defendants-in-duggar-case-appeal-motion-for-dismissal/

Three of the defendants are appealing the Judge’s decision not to dismiss the case against them. They’re asking that proceedings in Fayetteville be postponed until the appeal is ruled on.

https://www.courthousenews.com/judge-tosses-tabloid-reality-tv-familys-privacy-suit/

Judge Brooks also dismissed the case against Bauer Media, citing the first amendment and the fact that the magazine can’t be held accountable for the actions of public officials. You can see the court documents by clicking a link in the article.

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

Anyone have the judge's actual ruling?  

I'm so glad Josh was found to have failed to state a claim.

Seriously.  So disgusting that he tried to profit off of the exposure of his own crimes.  He’s such a gross human.

5 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Anyone have the judge's actual ruling?  

I'm so glad Josh was found to have failed to state a claim.

It’s linked in the article I mentioned above. Scroll down to the paragraph starting with, “U.S. District Judge Timothy Brooks ruled,” and click on “ruled.” It’ll pop up the documents.

ETA: Claims in both cases (Duggar and Dillard, etc.) were all dismissed without prejudice.

2 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It’s linked in the article I mentioned above. Scroll down to the paragraph starting with, “U.S. District Judge Timothy Brooks ruled,” and click on “ruled.” It’ll pop up the documents.

Thanks

Okay...so if the magazine is dismissed the chance to get the big payout is probably greatly reduced?  I mean the magazine is where a multi-million dollar settlement would have come from the deep pockets of the parent media corporation?

I can't see them being awarded or taking a large settlement of tax dollars without backlash.   

ETA: I personally have conflicting feelings on the lawsuit, especially in regards to Jin and Joy who have never addressed it

6 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

Okay...so if the magazine is dismissed the chance to get the big payout is probably greatly reduced?  I mean the magazine is where a multi-million dollar settlement would have come from the deep pockets of the parent media corporation?

I can't see them being awarded or taking a large settlement of tax dollars without backlash.   

ETA: I personally have conflicting feelings on the lawsuit, especially in regards to Jin and Joy who have never addressed it

I would believe a possible settlement or payout would be reduced, but I don’t know.

I really don’t have conflicting feelings anymore. I was opposed to the lawsuit against Bauer because of the first amendment and the reasons cited by Brooks. But I do think the women at least have a right to sue the individual government officials responsible for releasing the information though. I don’t know if they’ll win (it’s possible if a state statute designed to protect victims trumps the state’s FOIA), but it was morally wrong to release that information when there was next to no way to conceal that four of the five victims were Josh’s sisters and that one was only five years old.

Governments have deep pockets too, but it is possible juries might give them less on that.  At least some of the damages will be limited though, as there are fewer claims to discuss.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived