IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

I don't think the fact that many of the second-generation fundies "only" have 6-8 kids means anything apart from the fact that the Duggars and the Bateses are unusually fertile. Even without ever preventing, most couples will never end up with 19 live births/children. Priscilla's parents were certainly quiverfull, and yet they "only" have 7 (right?) kids. Priscilla was also 25 when she got married, which means had six or seven years of peak fertility less than some of the current Duggar brides. I honestly worry about women like Joy, Kendra and Lauren. They may yet give their parents/in-laws a run for their money.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill Rod said on Facebook that Ma Keller had around 9 miscarriages I think. Lovely thing to announce on your public fb page right? 

Its hard to know how many kids you'll have because there are so many factors that can affect it (miscarriages, fertility, age, if nursing affects your fertility, if your husband is much older than you).

Oh I totally agree with all that. I just think some of the second genners arent actively trying every month like a lot of their parents did.  And I think every kid they could have had and didnt makes a difference. I think there is some evidence emerging that several of the couples are attempting family planning in some way.  There is a HUGE difference between 10-20 kids and 6 or so. In every aspect  of their indvidual lives and the propagation of the cult, that makes a difference. I also worry about some of them too though, Joystin and Joken for sure could get to huge numbers if they dont do anything.  

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

The Pecans had their wedding anniversary? So we should expect Baby #4 this November, right?

That seems about right for their schedule! Pecan #4 coming in November. lol

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

The Pecans had their wedding anniversary? So we should expect Baby #4 this November, right?

That's what I'm expecting. She went zip lining lately so I don't know if that's allowed if you're pregnant. But I'm guessing she will get pregnant soon. A due date in November or December would be my guess.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would say I'm hard of hearing and pretend I couldn't hear him when he tried to chat.

I'd whip out my pentacle and do a soft chant.

I don’t love the flower but without it, I think the headband is cute.  

They really, really, really look like siblings in that picture, though.

I guess it was a 1950s theme for the night? Shouldn't Davey have worn a leather jacket, like the men in the background? Or at least a letterman's jacket? :my_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ick! :P 

For a second I thought she was wearing a hijab or became of these head covering baptists.

6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Why do they constantly need to remind people that they're best friends?

I think they actually might be quite honest with calling themselves best friends. Best friends with benefits. They seem to get along very well with each other and enjoy each others company, but aside from impregnating her every 18 months to show that he is a manly man I don't see why the Pecan Thief should see anything more than a good friend in his wife. 

Gonna be totally BEC here...what is up with the thick wedding band and the skinny little engagement ring band? I always thought the wedding band went UNDER the engagement ring, like "closer to your heart". I have no room to talk...my wedding band is a wrap that goes on both sides of my solitaire...and well...the whole set is an upgrade for 20 years together. 

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Gonna be totally BEC here...what is up with the thick wedding band and the skinny little engagement ring band? I always thought the wedding band went UNDER the engagement ring, like "closer to your heart". I have no room to talk...my wedding band is a wrap that goes on both sides of my solitaire...and well...the whole set is an upgrade for 20 years together. 

YES!!!  This is a pet peeve of mine - your wedding ring goes close to your heart, not the other way around, IMO.  And make no mistake about it - David most assuredly picked out those wedding bands for the BFF's...

When I got married, I had no engagement ring, so we picked out thicker wedding bands - not quite this thick, but thicker.  Then my hubby gifted me a beautiful, classic solitaire for our 10th anniversary, and IMMEDIATELY hated that thick wedding band.  Not only was it kinda uncomfortable to wear them together, but it took away from my pretty new ring.  I very soon after acquired a thin, plain band, which I wear with the solitaire.  Consequently, my ring size was different for the thick and thin bands - I needed to add a ring noodle to the engagement ring once I started wearing it with the thin band - they were too big!  But, he had it sized for the thicker band, which it worked perfectly with.  Oddly, I only wear that new set when we go out - I have the band I got married in on most often, much to the hubby's chagrin.  He's still my BFF, though...

So, instead of wearing matching shirts, her nail polish matches Pecan's shirt. That's a first. And, that headband....I just don't have words...

5 hours ago, Lovebug said:

YES!!!  This is a pet peeve of mine - your wedding ring goes close to your heart, not the other way around, IMO.  And make no mistake about it - David most assuredly picked out those wedding bands for the BFF's...

When I got married, I had no engagement ring, so we picked out thicker wedding bands - not quite this thick, but thicker.  Then my hubby gifted me a beautiful, classic solitaire for our 10th anniversary, and IMMEDIATELY hated that thick wedding band.  Not only was it kinda uncomfortable to wear them together, but it took away from my pretty new ring.  I very soon after acquired a thin, plain band, which I wear with the solitaire.  Consequently, my ring size was different for the thick and thin bands - I needed to add a ring noodle to the engagement ring once I started wearing it with the thin band - they were too big!  But, he had it sized for the thicker band, which it worked perfectly with.  Oddly, I only wear that new set when we go out - I have the band I got married in on most often, much to the hubby's chagrin.  He's still my BFF, though...

My original set was a thin band and a thin band on the solitaire. Hubby apologized for YEARS over it...it was all he could afford at the time. For our 20th, he decided I needed an upgrade...and what an upgrade! My original solitaire was about 1/5 carat. Now I'm sporting a 3/4 carat solitaire inside a wrap with 28 baguettes. He still wears his original band. Picture is of my upgrade. My nails aren't red, they're pink gel with glitter...and I need to go get done soon. 

IMG_20170824_201507.jpg

Not gonna lie. I've always hated Prissy's huge wedding band. It just doesn't look good with the engagement ring. And it looks impractical. 

19 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Why do they constantly need to remind people that they're best friends?

And ‘my one and only sweetheart’. We get it. You saved your first everything for the one God had for you. Look. I can even say it using fundie speak! We get it!

this is one of my pet couples but the fact is they have nothing else to say. They can’t go deeper because it doesn’t exist for them. Vapid, shallow parroting of their Homeschool curriculum. :(

13 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My original set was a thin band and a thin band on the solitaire. Hubby apologized for YEARS over it...it was all he could afford at the time. For our 20th, he decided I needed an upgrade...and what an upgrade! My original solitaire was about 1/5 carat. Now I'm sporting a 3/4 carat solitaire inside a wrap with 28 baguettes. He still wears his original band. Picture is of my upgrade. My nails aren't red, they're pink gel with glitter...and I need to go get done soon.

I LOVE your wrap!  Your rings are absolutely beautiful!  I'll let you in on a little secret - I LOVE looking at people's wedding rings - I'll spend time on the wedding bee ring board from time to time, even though we're heading towards two decades together.  Love it!!! 

My hubby asked me to marry him without an engagement ring, and I was perfectly fine with that.  We went and picked out our wedding bands together, and I purposely selected something a bit more substantial and with a design, just so it had a bit of presence.  You can't really see it that well, but it is yellow gold on the edge and white gold in the center, with a Greek key pattern.  I'm not sure if the hubs felt bad about not initially giving me a ring - I didn't care whatsoever, and never said a word about it!  You can imagine how surprised I was on our 10th anniversary when he gifted me this beauty - a cushion cut solitaire.  I love the simplicity of solitaires - they are timeless and beautiful in my eyes!  But, when I paired it with my original ring, which I had refurbished when I got this guy - I hated it them together.  The thickness overpowered the simplicity, so after several months, I went out and got a plain band.  I think they look much better together!  Now I'm back to mostly just wearing my original band during the week, and the others on weekends.

@JermajestyDuggar I'm with ya!  I don't like them together, and I'm willing to bet that was David's doing, not Priss'!  The bigger the ring, the more seriously married you are, maybe?

Band.thumb.jpg.72c0dcd6b5c0710598670cdcf23d11fa.jpgERBand.thumb.jpg.25423a78d6d392702aaafb24a5b4c988.jpg

12 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Gonna be totally BEC here...what is up with the thick wedding band and the skinny little engagement ring band? I always thought the wedding band went UNDER the engagement ring, like "closer to your heart".

I've seen it both ways, but almost always with a thinner/smaller band when the rings are bought as a set. We bought my rings separately and both rings are of the same thickness, since I didn't plan to wear them together often and usually only wear my wedding band. 

3 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

And ‘my one and only sweetheart’. We get it. You saved your first everything for the one God had for you. Look. I can even say it using fundie speak! We get it!

Yeah, it's definitely weird to me to understand how that's seen as an accomplishment not coming from a fundie background. Like, nice if that makes people happy? But for most people interested in settling down in a marriage or marriage-like relationship, it's worked out quite well to date and break up with multiple sweethearts in the process of finding "the one" and doesn't change how fulfilling that eventual relationship is.

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Not gonna lie. I've always hated Prissy's huge wedding band. It just doesn't look good with the engagement ring. And it looks impractical. 

I didn't really notice Pris' wedding band until this picture and it was just way too thick. I think the reason that I never noticed her engagement ring is the huge ass band. I'm a total magpie. I've been distracted all day because I picked a shiny ring (That I bought myself, heathen I am) and I am staring at it! A thinner band would look much better. 

I've hated it since their wedding pictures were posted on their blog six years ago. Their wedding bands match. Just like their facial features :-/

IMG_6766.PNG

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived