IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

16 hours ago, neurogirl said:

So sorry that was super dark. I actually like Pris and David as they don't seem too preachy. But after reading the Anderson thread it's all I can think about. And in this story David is actually kind, not the hate-filled garbage person of PP. Ugh. Poor fundie women. 

I find Priscilla more likeable than most fundies too, and they both seem like good parents who enjoy their kids, but they are SUPER preachy. Preaching for ATI/Jesus is what David does for a living, they speak at conferences and try to convert people on aeroplanes, they put out awkward videos about their godly life that they think we all should emulate..... they’re about as preachy as they come.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I just read this topic coming from the Anderson threads so I'm super jaded but- where will Priscilla's breaking point be?

I'm not sure she'll have one.  I doubt she'd ever complain.  I can imagine too many things going wrong at once, people noticing, and a nice single fundie girl from an approved family showing up to help.

48 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'm not sure she'll have one.  I doubt she'd ever complain.  I can imagine too many things going wrong at once, people noticing, and a nice single fundie girl from an approved family showing up to help.

Priscilla is "lucky" in regards to the meltdown, there is now a fundie-socially approved way to relieve the issues from that - get a free nanny from some other family with an older unmarried daughter but few younger siblings. 

If there's ever a meltdown for her (and I do agree it's unlikely since her personality is to just not complain, and because she's just going to have less kids), she'll get some help around the house. 

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Disc Golf! As a family! The lack of #family is making me rather sad. 

they do *look like a happy little family (putting barbaric beliefs aside). if only they would stop with these three beautiful children...we have seen over and over, when they keep adding more and more children, it all falls apart. why can't they see that?

Ok, I've never thought Pris and Davey look that much alike, but having seen the disc golf picture has finally opened my eyes. They look more alike than many siblings, it's actually scary :pb_eek:

Heh. I don't remember a time I didn't think they looked alike. I mean, it was less apparent when they got married, but then either David gained his Freshman 15 or his face just filled out and it's been Flowers in the Blue House Attic ever since.

Meanwhile, Davia continues to give face. Like clockwork, that one.

Oh those two crazy kids.  Posing on the railroad tracks.  They got married in Florida right?  I'm from the NE and keep wondering why they are outside in the winter cold without coats. 

It's weird that I'm relieved they've been married for 6 years and they only have three kids and no new pregnancy announcement yet (although I expect one in a few months).

Some fundies are pregnant with #6 by their 6th anniversary! 

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

How old is Priscilla? 29? 

She will be 32 this year. She's two years older than Anna. 

The funny thing about the Pecans is that while their social media might be less "preachy", in person they seem to be on the preachier side of the spectrum.  On a recent long flight, David took the opportunity to preach to the poor folks seated next to him on the plane and was able to "save" one.  

That's next level annoying for Jesus mode.  

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

#SoBlessed! :pb_rollseyes:

Oooooh. That's at least two fundie clichés in one!

Good thing I don't use Insta or I'd be sorely tempted to clap back "#imminenttrainwreck" at them.

I would NEVER want to meet David in person. But if I happened to meet Priscilla alone in person for some odd reason, I think I could steer the conversation toward motherhood and try to keep the topic away from my eternal damnation. With David, there's no hope. That's all he will probably talk about. 

58 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

She will be 32 this year. She's two years older than Anna. 

Thanks! Older than I realized. So they may only end up with 6-7 kids.

For one's 6 yr 11 month anniversary, do you have to go back to Outback? Or can you go to the nice Olive Garden/

Did we talk about this picture but I missed it? Phillip going to town on that big old turkey leg made my night. I love that kid.

IMG_6698.PNG

On 2/5/2018 at 3:08 PM, Georgiana said:

On a recent long flight, David took the opportunity to preach to the poor folks seated next to him on the plane and was able to "save" one.  

Truly, the stuff of my nightmares. I don't know what I would do. Maybe start screaming hysterically. But then he might propose an exorcism type thing. EGAD!

35 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

Truly, the stuff of my nightmares. I don't know what I would do. Maybe start screaming hysterically. But then he might propose an exorcism type thing. EGAD!

I would say I'm hard of hearing and pretend I couldn't hear him when he tried to chat.

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did we talk about this picture but I missed it? Phillip going to town on that big old turkey leg made my night. I love that kid.

IMG_6698.PNG

Someone needs to show this to Jill Rodrigues. If Anna DUGGAR’s sisters children get a whole turkey leg each she may reconsider her stance on chicken legs.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would say I'm hard of hearing and pretend I couldn't hear him when he tried to chat.

I would be afraid that this wouldn't stop him. He'd probably only talk even louder.

Priscilla seems like one of the fundies that pray for having Irish twins every year like Michelle Duggar had for awhile. Her and David had made this clear when mentioning in videos things like “when we have ten kids ...” They seemed like they made it their mission to have 10+ kids.

I am glad to see that their family looks really happy. They always appear to have a lot of fun.

I hope Priscilla is able to enjoy the size of the family she has right now rather than pining for more and wanting to become a Michelle Duggar #2. I imagine they will be happy with however many God gives them but I can’t shake the feeling that David sees his brand as going for 10+ kids and Priscilla has her identity wrapped up in that goal.

I dont think theyre going to make it to 10 at this rate. Maybe 6-8? Its nice that theyre kids are a bit spaced out. It may not have been the way they originally planned but I think they are enjoying parenthood more. I really do see smaller families for many of these second genners, even less than 6 for some. And to me that represents a way they are changing somewhat in ways that are beneficial. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived