IGNORED

TAM 2: So Much WTFery

FundieFarmer

I was forced to go to the pro life marches and hold signs in front of buildings as a kid. If I had broke down and started crying my parents would not have been okay with it. That’s not a normal childhood reaction to holding a sign. Those poor kids must have been told some really bad things. Even with me seeing aborted babies and being told how they were aborted from a young age never cried about it. I never truly understood what was actually going on. 

What kills me about TAM, her family, and leg jumpers is how truly misinformed they are. They also don’t accept sources that are alt right. They love to say “that can’t be true that’s a liberal source.” Abortion will always exist even if it is made illegal. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Or that matzahs are made with babies' blood?  (An oldie but a goodie from the Middle Ages)

Or that Catholic Eucharist wafers are made from the ground bones of dead babies aborted by nuns, who had sex with priests. Convents are just brothels for priests.  Crazy huh?  I heard this often from the fundies I grew up around. Also we worship the Pope and  statues doncha know. And have these really bizarre ( probably satanist) rituals in the church sub basement.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • WTF 15
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would put this FB friend on ignore. The constant ignorance would give me a headache. 

I'd probably be less stressed, but I still like to ocassionaly respond with a link to a credible source of information when she or my other friends from my fundie days post lies like this. I've given up, however, on reacting to the racist and anti immigrant stuff like they repost bc I just don't have enough time. This person is a self-appointed Immigration cop convinced Muslims are using food stamps to buy fruit to resell to their friends' bodegas.

image.jpeg

• WTF 20

I officially left the S. Baptist church a couple of weeks ago and re-joined the United Methodist church I never wanted to leave.  The sermon today was about not being afraid of others.  Other colors, other faiths, other sexual orientation, other anything.  The minister had a few examples from his childhood with being bused from his predominantly white neighborhood school to a predominantly black neighborhood school.  He said that none of the kids he knew had any issues, they just made friends and went to school.  The problem was with some of the parents.  He said that when he grew up and started looking for a job is when he realized that racism was a real issue.  He refused at least one job because of the interview using the N-word and describing Martin Luther King in derogatory terms.  He bridged the sermon into a relative of his who always writes long letters with her Christmas cards that are basically anti-Muslim diatribes.  Then he talked about how the Methodist Church as a whole is facing a lot of challenges.  I left the service feeling very positive that the particular church I now belong to, as well as several other UM Churches, will not bend to the will of an ignorant few.  The issues are mostly going to be LGBTQ but the point is that not everyone is willing to allow racism or prejudice to become the norm again.

Maybe Kelly should have gone up to the women and talked about the oranges.  Who knows, maybe she would have come back with a totally different idea - you know, a radical idea that maybe they are just people buying groceries for their family!  Maybe they are just like most people are, nice - friendly - hard workers - caring people.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 9

Health Canada says due to a measles outbreak amongst some anti vac people to stay away from Washington state.  And if your vaccinations are not up to date to take care of that now.  This was just today.  I remember getting measles as a kid and I was vaccinated but still got very sick.  Without vaccines measles can kill a child.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Anti-vaxxers drive me nuts!  There are people who cannot vaccinate for medical reasons, either because of pre-existing conditions or severe reactions to prior vaccines.  These people don't choose to not vaccinate, they cannot safely vaccinate.  These people are dependent on herd immunity to protect them, this kind of bull endangers not only the children of the anti-vax brigade, but those people who haven't had the option of vaccinating - not to mention those people who are immunocompromised because of cancer treatments/organ transplants/etc.

As for the 'doctor' who thinks ectopic pregnancies can self resolve...the thought of him having a license to practice medicine is terrifying.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Sometimes I really think we need an eyeroll reaction!

You didn’t destroy Teen Vogue, you narcissistic fool...

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

5 hours ago, SecularMusic said:

Maybe I was too quick to judge. She's actually done a lot of good, according to her Facebook page.?

image.jpeg

Every time I read selfpraises like that, I think they expects me that I pet them on the head, tell them what a good girl/ boy they are and give them a cookie. Like the weeks when I house broke my doggie and and he got praised and a treat everytime he made his business outdoors. And btw he is a faster learner, more unterstanding and a general more pleasant company than people like her. Oh, and he is like his owners fully vaccinated.

• Upvote 15

5 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Every time I read selfpraises like that, I think they expects me that I pet them on the head, tell them what a good girl/ boy they are and give them a cookie. Like the weeks when I house broke my doggie and and he got praised and a treat everytime he made his business outdoors. And btw he is a faster learner, more unterstanding and a general more pleasant company than people like her. Oh, and he is like his owners fully vaccinated.

I did the same with my dog (we got him as a puppy). I was that crazy dog owner that would praise him every time he did his business outside. He also got a snack (we called it a snackie or a treatie) Pretty sure he thought I had lost my marbles, but I loved him and he loved our family a lot. And he was vaccinated just like his humans. We miss him though, he crossed rainbow bridge a few years ago now after battling a lot of health issues that came on suddenly.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 13

19 hours ago, SecularMusic said:

This person is a self-appointed Immigration cop convinced Muslims are using food stamps to buy fruit to resell to their friends' bodegas.

That is one of the weirdest things I have ever read. Of all the conspiracy theories, seriously. I looked at the photo and thought that it looked like about the same number of bags of oranges my mum bought when she had four teen or near teen children at home - my brother would go through a bag a week just by himself. Throw in making some orange juice or whatever and it looks normal. Maybe you should suggest to your friend that her fruit intake is too low if that seems high to her?

• Upvote 11

Mommie activist, the measles outbreak has spread from Southern Washington to Northern Washington. It has also spread around the Portland area. It’s now made its way to Hawaii. Measles can be deadly especially for those with compromised immune systems. 

• Upvote 13

In  the Ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities of Brooklyn, NY, there are now  62 confirmed cases of measles since October, 2018.

If anti-vaxxers just infected their own crowd of crazies, I could almost accept it. However, innocent children are being put at great risk.  And vaccinated people , especially children, are starting to be infected, too, as the herd immunity breaks down.  I think I heard that at least five of the cases on the West Coast had been previously vaccinated.

I have a cousin who is a rabid anti-vaxxer.  He posts all these crazy theories on Facebook.  There's no use arguing with him.  He has  five little grandchildren.  I hope his kids had the grandchildren vaccinated.

Edited by Baba O'Riley
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, she’s not even a NY resident. Why is s it her business what we do in NY? If she doesn’t like our law, don’t visit! We’ll get along fine without her.

i would never dream of publicly protesting about another state’s law. Just like I would never call the cops on someone who was doing something I didn’t like. Or more accurately, someone I did not like, regardless of what they were doing.

What is wrong with everyone these days? People act like the have to stick their noses in other’s business all the time! 

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...

Omg TAM’s daughter’s are hilarious! Why doesn’t Abbie like them? Probably because they are all a bunch of complete and total assholes? 

BEC0B353-DAF5-41E7-81BF-DFAD3BDCCD41.jpeg

And this little exchange is GOLD! Men are the reason why abortion rights are constantly ripped away from women! 

12B3D38F-C5AF-4E6B-A8C1-87E99507E929.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

46649241-73CD-4166-8E97-33158A09DCB5.thumb.png.75cd5f817ef986b32f3699fbf437349b.png

there is no such thing as taxpayer funded abortion. Our taxes go towards the other serviced pp offers. If she had asked me that question I would have asked her why she is such an idiot. Trump isn’t dumb enough to end abortion or to shut the government down for it. He is trying to get reelected. 

The real question is what are you doing to lower the number of abortions? They will never come to an end completely but they can be lowered. The answer is nothing. You are doing absolutely nothing. If god asked you what you did to end abortion and you said stand outside of pp, write a book, and organize a day of prayer he would tell you you did nothing. Harassing women who may or may not be getting an abortion fixed nothing. Writing a book about your toxic beliefs does nothing to end abortion. Organizing a day of prayer where you allow a child who was adopted to speak against something she doesn’t know does nothing. 

Mare you offering to pay for women to have the baby? Are you offering to help find homes for those babies? Are you promoting proper sex education? Are you helping to get out birth control? If you answered no to those then you are doing nothing. 

• Upvote 15

26 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

46649241-73CD-4166-8E97-33158A09DCB5.thumb.png.75cd5f817ef986b32f3699fbf437349b.png

there is no such thing as taxpayer funded abortion. Our taxes go towards the other serviced pp offers. If she had asked me that question I would have asked her why she is such an idiot. Trump isn’t dumb enough to end abortion or to shut the government down for it. He is trying to get reelected. 

The real question is what are you doing to lower the number of abortions? They will never come to an end completely but they can be lowered. The answer is nothing. You are doing absolutely nothing. If god asked you what you did to end abortion and you said stand outside of pp, write a book, and organize a day of prayer he would tell you you did nothing. Harassing women who may or may not be getting an abortion fixed nothing. Writing a book about your toxic beliefs does nothing to end abortion. Organizing a day of prayer where you allow a child who was adopted to speak against something she doesn’t know does nothing. 

Mare you offering to pay for women to have the baby? Are you offering to help find homes for those babies? Are you promoting proper sex education? Are you helping to get out birth control? If you answered no to those then you are doing nothing. 

TAM does nothing but shout at people in front of PP and makes money off being a talking asshole. That’s it. She doesn’t even take care of her kids. Her older kids do that.

• Upvote 9

Her answer to abortion(like most pro-birthers) is “keep your legs closed.”

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

31 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Her answer to abortion(like most pro-birthers) is “keep your legs closed.”

Not everyone does that and some try but are raped. Would she want married women who can’t afford more children to keep their legs closed if they don’t have access to bc?

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Not everyone does that and some try but are raped. Would she want married women who can’t afford more children to keep their legs closed if they don’t have access to bc?

She doesn’t give a single fuck about the feelings of anyone but herself. She’s definitely a narcissist. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I’m kind of fascinated by the intra-pro-life drama they allude to here. TAM and her insane clown posse don’t get along with other members of the scene?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I’m kind of fascinated by the intra-pro-life drama they allude to here. TAM and her insane clown posse don’t get along with other members of the scene?

I’ve always assumed there were divisions. Especially with the prolife catholic groups and these loud mouthed FJ fundie groups.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Wait, wait.  "Can't have a Jezebel without an Ahab". 
Are we acknowledging that it takes two to tango, and those dirty loose women don't get pregnant all by themselves?  That those poor precious men might have to take some responsibility for their choices?  Blasphemy!

• Haha 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic