IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen Part 3

Coconut Flan

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your kind words @VineHeart137 and @Granwych!!

I wish people would just stop asking them. It must be horrible. Astonishing that she just doesn’t delete those comments or goes privat. I certainly wouldn’t blame them.

In the last picture both look very very happy and I hope they find those moments despite their struggle. They shouldn’t feel pressure (from others or themselves) to pretend. Especially as this cult makes it hard to deal with negative feelings.

On the more light hearted side: This three pictures really show their go-to poses, don’t they.

How old is Brandon? I always think he looks kind of young in pictures, like early 20s, but in the third picture he really looks teenager young :o (probably because of the lighting, but it made me wonder how old he actually is)

1 hour ago, Marly said:

How old is Brandon? I always think he looks kind of young in pictures, like early 20s, but in the third picture he really looks teenager young :o (probably because of the lighting, but it made me wonder how old he actually is)

Brandon is 28 (born September 1989) and Michael is 27 (turning 28 in January).

I definitely agree he looks very young in some photos! Mind you, looking back at photos of them a few years ago, both of them don't look like they've aged a day! I know her Instagram only goes back about 2 and a half years, but I think it's because their clothing tastes and hairstyles haven't really changed.

I think Brandon also looks more his age when around his brother in law's/future in law's though. Not old as such, but just older than them.

11 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Michael posted some new photos of her and Brandon on Instragram.

Hide contents

Untitled.thumb.png.f44cd872e553f0c6788cb940fb4bc64c.png

She states in the comments she is not pregnant.

How rude of people to ask her that question, when she is having trouble conceiving. If she does get pregnant I'm sure she will announce soon enough.

14 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Michael posted some new photos of her and Brandon on Instragram.

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.thumb.png.f44cd872e553f0c6788cb940fb4bc64c.png

She states in the comments she is not pregnant.

Michael deleted her comment.

Every time I see a new pic I want to write under: 

"DO NOT ASK IF SHE IS PREGNANT. SHE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN/IF SHE IS PREGNANT!"

19 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Thanks for your kind words @VineHeart137 and @Granwych!!

I wish people would just stop asking them. It must be horrible. Astonishing that she just doesn’t delete those comments or goes privat. I certainly wouldn’t blame them.

In the last picture both look very very happy and I hope they find those moments despite their struggle. They shouldn’t feel pressure (from others or themselves) to pretend. Especially as this cult makes it hard to deal with negative feelings.

On the more light hearted side: This three pictures really show their go-to poses, don’t they.

This is exactly why I don’t take part in pregnancy speculation on here either, especially when it concerns the Keilens. I find it really uncomfortable to discuss whether any woman is pregnant, but especially whether Michael is when she’s been very clear about their struggle with infertility. 

I don’t have experience with trouble conceiving, but I would guess they find joy from their lives in many ways. I also imagine it’s tough for them to see so many others starting families while they haven’t and that each new niece or nephew they welcome can be bittersweet for them. I think all those emotions are normal to have and I do hope they realize that, especially given the emphasis on positive emotions as you mentioned. It can’t be easy at all and my heart does absolutely go out to them both. I can’t hope that another innocent child is brought into this cult, but I do hope that the Keilens find happiness and fulfillment in life regardless of whether they welcome a child or not.

I mean I hate to say it but maybe she is stress eating.  I have put on weight that had nothing to do with my three kids.  

I don't know whether she's gained weight or not, but it's pretty normal for a person's weight to fluctuate by as much as 5-15 pounds. Doesn't necessarily mean anything in particular is going on.

Looking back thru Michael's photos, her face has looked fuller since about a year ago. I'm not sure that means anything except not to over analyze.

Not only would I not want people speculating if I was pregnant if I were her (and I've certainly done that in the past, which I acknowledge) I equally wouldn't want people to speculate about my weight either.

I do hope that she finds joy in making the blankets, etc. she sells. I do worry she thinks she has a pact with Jesus that if she makes enough she will be redeemed (from what I have no idea b/c she seems the most pious of the lot) and be granted children. A more positive thought is maybe the money she makes from the blankets + the TV story line is helping pay for fertility help.

She's in a good state if they do need fertility treatment. Illinois has mandatory coverage. 

I've said it before, but I can't begrudge her this, cult or no cult. She's a product of her upbringing. I cringe to think she may believe she's done something wrong or sinful and she deserves this. I wouldn't wish this on any human being. 

At what age exactly did Michael take over all the household responsibilities?  I'm looking at my 8 year old, 10 year old, and 12 year old right now.  And I know that we spoil but I can't imagine any of them doing it.  So at what age did Kelly pass over those responsibilities to her? At what age does the Sister Mom thing start? 

On 12/26/2017 at 7:31 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe they still live in a Chicago suburb. Brandon's family lives inMI. They usually visit for Christmas. 

I'm still amazed that they haven't totally shuttered Gothard Disneyland in Illinois and moved Brandon down to Big Sandy.

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

I'm still amazed that they haven't totally shuttered Gothard Disneyland in Illinois and moved Brandon down to Big Sandy.

I guess it's nice that they aren't far from Brandon's family.

Michael always had a fuller face and figure than her sisters. She lost a lot (too much, imho) of weight in the year leading up to her wedding and seems to be returning to her natural size/shape.

23 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

At what age exactly did Michael take over all the household responsibilities?  I'm looking at my 8 year old, 10 year old, and 12 year old right now.  And I know that we spoil but I can't imagine any of them doing it.  So at what age did Kelly pass over those responsibilities to her? At what age does the Sister Mom thing start? 

I am not sure exactly what age she was.I heard it mentioned on BUB that Michael was the one who potty trained most of her siblings.I know that Alyssa took over the cooking at 12.My grandmother always said comparisons are odius...lol.But,it's  like these girls are robbed of a childhood,and given too much responsibility too soon.Helping is one thing,taking over is another.

@BeccaGrim I'm not sure about the exact age Michael took over, but if Alyssa was cooking for the whole family by the time she was 12, it stands to reason Michael was doing most of the rest of it by the same or earlier age. Kids can do a lot more than most parents think they can - especially when they have no choice. 

I know several people who had similar experiences for a variety of different reasons, but in my case, and most others I am aware of, it was the economy of necessity. If I wanted clean clothes, I had to do the laundry (age 9). If I wanted to eat, I had to plan meals, arrange to go grocery shopping and cook (age 10). If I wanted to be able to find anything/not be embarrassed by my house, I had to obtain supplies and clean (age 11/12). I made a lot of mistakes - everything aside from cooking out of cook books - was pure guesswork/trial & error. Sometimes I got laughed at for making a particularly stupid mistake, but most of the time nobody cared because at least I was doing more than my mother could be bothered with. And I was motivated - if I'd dropped the ball, people would have realized how bad things were, and I would have wound up in the system without my cats, which would have been a whole lot worse for me than staying at home. Most of the other people I know who had similar experiences were also profoundly motivated either by fear or love or some combination thereof. I doubt it was much different for the Bates girls.

On 12/30/2017 at 10:33 AM, melon said:

I am not sure exactly what age she was.I heard it mentioned on BUB that Michael was the one who potty trained most of her siblings.I know that Alyssa took over the cooking at 12.My grandmother always said comparisons are odius...lol.But,it's  like these girls are robbed of a childhood,and given too much responsibility too soon.Helping is one thing,taking over is another.

Tori also said she potty trained a few of them.

Because why should Kelly Jo be forced to potty train her own forking kids. Hearing the daughters talk about having to potty train their siblings always made me so mad and reminds me how crappy Gill and Kelly are at parenting. (forking being my new fav cuss thanks to The Good Place.)

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Tori also said she potty trained a few of them.

Because why should Kelly Jo be forced to potty train her own forking kids. Hearing the daughters talk about having to potty train their siblings always made me so mad and reminds me how crappy Gill and Kelly are at parenting. (forking being my new fav cuss thanks to The Good Place.)

SHIRT!!

On 12/30/2017 at 10:33 AM, melon said:

I imagine it’s a slow process. Alyssa probably was part of a group who cooked from age 6, then took over at 12 so the others could do other sister Mom duty. 

I could be wrong but I thought there was a comment or discussion somewhere along the line that Alyssa took over cooking less because she “had” to be totally in charge but more in a “this is fucking chaotic and someone has to be the captain of this ship” self-preservation type way. Maybe Janie was the one who said it? At any rate I understand, Alyssa seems pretty type A, and being a type A myself I would probably kick everyone else out too so I could just fricken get it done. Rather than have 4 of my sisters under my feet trying to “help” while I pull a meal for 20 people out of my ass only having bologna and white bread available to me. 

3 hours ago, jacduggar said:

I imagine it’s a slow process. Alyssa probably was part of a group who cooked from age 6, then took over at 12 so the others could do other sister Mom duty. 

I could be wrong but I thought there was a comment or discussion somewhere along the line that Alyssa took over cooking less because she “had” to be totally in charge but more in a “this is fucking chaotic and someone has to be the captain of this ship” self-preservation type way. Maybe Janie was the one who said it? At any rate I understand, Alyssa seems pretty type A, and being a type A myself I would probably kick everyone else out too so I could just fricken get it done. Rather than have 4 of my sisters under my feet trying to “help” while I pull a meal for 20 people out of my ass only having bologna and white bread available to me. 

I wonder if it was also a way to extricate herself from the chaos, by taking over kitchen duty. I’ve come to realize that is my lifescript to avoid chaos and social interaction: find a job to do that is relatively thankless and solitary, and throw myself into it. Anything to be alone with my own thoughts.

20 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

I wonder if it was also a way to extricate herself from the chaos, by taking over kitchen duty. I’ve come to realize that is my lifescript to avoid chaos and social interaction: find a job to do that is relatively thankless and solitary, and throw myself into it. Anything to be alone with my own thoughts.

These is very likely. It seems like Jinger kind of did this too. Who knew that raising eleventy siblings could wear on a person? 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived