IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen Part 3

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Same. It's a flat out lie.

I learned many years ago that if any Doctor of Lady Parts tells you that "you might feel some pressure" it really means searing, blinding pain.

LIES. 

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My niece was conceived right after my SIL had an HSG. I've heard some people say it hurts like hell, others aren't bothered as much. Either way I'm thankful that I haven't had to do it. I fall in the camp of hoping that Brandon and Michael are able to have a baby because the pain of infertility just seems unimaginable. 

I have to snark on yet another t-shirt/spaghetti strap dress combo though. Really? 

So I never had HSG test done before but this reminds me getting my first pap and thinking everything would be fine until I was crying so yes @Nikedagain? your statement speaks directly to my soul.

8 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Cool cool so you've all inspired me to never, ever have a kid or tests related to having a kid.

Even if you don't have to have tests, the searing pain of a baby existing your nether-regions burns pretty badly as well. And then there's the first post-partum attempt at going number 2. :wtsf:

On 26/12/2017 at 11:31 PM, jqlgoblue said:

I do hope that she finds joy in making the blankets, etc. she sells. I do worry she thinks she has a pact with Jesus that if she makes enough she will be redeemed (from what I have no idea b/c she seems the most pious of the lot) and be granted children. A more positive thought is maybe the money she makes from the blankets + the TV story line is helping pay for fertility help.

Reading that is sooo depressing and makes me so thankful to no longer be fundie. "At least she has her blankets" would sound demeaning in almost any other context referring to a modern 27 year old woman living her life in 2018, but here it's at least *something*.

The sarcastic voice in my head goes: "Awww it's sooo sad that a fundie has to experience reality outside of what they hoped and prayed for."

Really? Join the club. Reality and a shitty life outcome is what woke me up from being fundie. I realized my judgmental beliefs did not make me deserving of a special god-blessed life... I was just being an asshole.

It will be interesting to see how Michaels struggle with their beliefs and infertility will affect their core beliefs, or if she will change as a result. 

12 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Cool cool so you've all inspired me to never, ever have a kid or tests related to having a kid.

Same. I honestly don't know if I could handle the pain. I find cervical smear tests painful.

On 1/26/2018 at 9:56 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The nurse told Michael she would feel “pressure.” Bullshit. As others have said, that test hurts like all hell.

Pressure. LOL. And the big bang was just a little explosion. They told me to take some ibuprofen beforehand. That was HYSTERICAL in hindsight. Seriously, I don't know if freaking morphine would have helped, forget Advil!!!!

6 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

And then there's the first post-partum attempt at going number 2. :wtsf:

Forever grateful they started me on Colace in the hospital! And I only had to fart before leaving the hospital, not actually poop.  I was so afraid they'd keep me there til I pooped and I was all "guess I'll be here for a few weeks then bc NO FUCKING WAY!" God birth makes everything so shameless, lol.

I'll chime in.  As for the episode Dr. Vick actually explicitly called it a HSG, so that is definitely what Michael had.  

I had one and took motrin before hand.  It was definitely uncomfortable but I didn't have a blockage so that helped me from having more pain.  I found the hysteroscopy much more uncomfortable especially since they had to inject my cervix with lidocaine first.  It also lasted longer.  And I had a lot of discomfort a year later when I got an IUD.  It's a tie between that and my D& C for the most physical pain from a procedure.  If I never have another doctor/NP shove something into my uterus I will be a happy woman.  

I was conceived after they did this procedure. Turns out things were blocked and this flushed them out. My parents had been trying a good, long time before they tried this. 

I believe I’m a result of this procedure. My parents were having trouble, there was believed to be a blockage, they did a procedure and here I am! Haven’t decided whether or not I’d have kids of my own, but if so, I’m hoping it doesn’t run in families. Anyone know if it does or if it’s a random thing? 

40 minutes ago, Emkay said:

I believe I’m a result of this procedure. My parents were having trouble, there was believed to be a blockage, they did a procedure and here I am! Haven’t decided whether or not I’d have kids of my own, but if so, I’m hoping it doesn’t run in families. Anyone know if it does or if it’s a random thing? 

I think it depends on what caused it. Endometriosis and uterine fibroids can be genetic. Numerous risk factors can contribute to a blockage like pelvic inflammatory disease from STIs and previous abdominal surgeries.

I don't know if my mom was having issues before having my sister or me, but she definitely had issues with fibroids and endometriosis. She also had PCOS and I'm in my early 20's freaking out because if genetics determine anything like this, I only have until my late 20's to have kids.

I feel a little odd man out, as my HSG didn't hurt at all. It felt like I was trying to hold my bladder but then it felt like I was peeing myself even though I wasn't peeing. I didn't have a blockage though, so that may have been why I didn't feel any pain. Having gone through unexplained infertility, I really hope that this procedure knocked things loose and they get pregnant. 

@candygirl200413 This is so TMI  but during my first pap I started crying and bleeding, even with the "small" speculum, and my doctor had to verify that I was indeed not a virgin. Two years later I go for my second one (just this past month) and told the nurse practitioner to use the small speculum and she said "nope that's only for young girls or post-menopausal women," so I tense up and she told me angrily that I needed to relax, and then did the pap smear anyway and once again it fucking hurt and I cried and started bleeding. I actually left that appointment shaking because I've only had one sexual partner (my fiance) and it took a lot and a long time for that to happen in the first place, so this stranger coming at me angrily with this tool was a little traumatizing. So then the NP sent me to get a pelvic and transvaginal ultrasound because it was "weird" that I was bleeding and I started freaking out about cancer at 24. At then the radiologist called me with the results saying "your ovarian cyst burst" and I said "my what????" But then when I went back to the doctor and saw the main doctor this time, she told me that was probably just a result of an egg being released, I was fine, the NP can be a little obsessive, and to go party that weekend. 

And of course, with my two doctor's appointments and ultrasound I had to pay 3 copays this month, but I'm still on my parent's insurance so I'm beyond lucky.

All to say...what an emotional and physical whirlwind and I was a healthy young woman getting absolutely routine gynecological care. I can only imagine what all of you current-or-former TTC women have gone through. 

And by TTC I meant trying-to-conceive, not tatertot casserole. But thanks FJ :lol:

I prefer male doctors before female doctors when it comes to examinations of the lady parts, as imo they tend to be more careful and afraid of causing pain than female doctors.

@Rosalie I completely agree, I have a history of PCOS, endometriosis, complications from the Mirena coil and pre cancerous cells on the cervix so plenty of trips to gynae lol 

I find female gynaecologists to be extremely dismissive. It’s as though they think that their cycle isn’t problematic so everyone else must be exaggerating. Obviously this is a pretty broad statement and won’t apply to every single dr, just my own experience 

9 minutes ago, Rosalie said:

@Ais My mom has the same experience, so it can’t be all coincidence 

Sadly my mum did too. In the middle of giving her a diagnosis of cervical cancer her gynaecologist launched into a complaint about funding going to another region rather than ours. The same woman informed me that I was wasting nhs resources just before I went for an exploratory surgery :my_confused:

41 minutes ago, Ais said:

Sadly my mum did too. In the middle of giving her a diagnosis of cervical cancer her gynaecologist launched into a complaint about funding going to another region rather than ours. The same woman informed me that I was wasting nhs resources just before I went for an exploratory surgery :my_confused:

This makes me both angry and sad. What a douche!

@Rosalie oh she was. I think she was one of those who worked a few years longer than they should have. Thankfully those drs are the exception to the rule, I’ve met some amazing and compassionate doctors over the years and I’m lucky enough to have the nhs so there’s always something to be grateful for

I had to have a colposcopy after an abnormal Pap smear and read up on the procedure and decided it was probably going to suck, so I took ibuprofen and a Xanax prior since I was so nervous. And wow did it hurt. They told me to expect bleeding but I had none, which was very odd. A week later I went for a bumpy motorcycle ride and went to the restroom after and -TMI- a huge clot of old blood fell out. It had just been chilling up in there for a week. I told my gynecologist after and she said that she’d never heard of that happening. I’m hoping to never have to repeat that procedure. 

As someone who has had two horrifically painful pelvic exams - one of which involved a NP repeatedly stabbing at my cervix while exclaiming "I can't find the opening!!!!" - you guys are not inspiring confidence that this gets better. :pb_sad:

To inspire hope: 

I’ve had routine exams at 3 different gynecological practices, and an IUD inserted at yet another one, and all the doctors were excellent! 

The IUD was uncomfortable and quite painful for a few days, but absolutely worth it for 5 worry-free years. I mentally put myself in a different place, which made the pain of insertion half as bad. So that’s recommended. And painkillers beforehand. Preferably 1000mg+. :) 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived